4-2-3-1 Wingers Paradise , Bringing back the lone striker(25+goals)

Would like to see your results mate. Kokorin on the wings is a brilliant idea with his finishing ability.
The losses are mainly from just getting bombed on the counter.

QbscuJB.jpg

You make FM boring :)) I play w arsenal always win w 3 goals different. However, is this still effect in next few seasons?

You make FM boring :)) I play w arsenal always win w 3 goals different. However, is this still effect in next few seasons?

So far for me it actually gets better every season as my squad grows to its full potential. :)

will give this a go with my san marino save next season

Iv'e started a new save using this tactic for my Newcastle side so I will let you know how it goes midway through the season, but what Iv'e notice on my old save when I was using this is that many PL teams find that a 4-2-3-1 is there strongest style to come up against and you could probably lose these.

so I think it's to have an 4-4-2 or a 4-1-2-2-1 or both in the other slots to counter these situation, in my old save I got beat off Spurs, Everton, Swansea, Arsenal, WHU, and even Sunderland by a large margin of goals because they played -

Spurs, WHU, Swansea - 4-4-2

Arsenal, Sunderland, Everton - 4-1-2-2-1

so for anyone using a average team or smaller team I think it's important to have a 4-4-2 & 4-1-2-2-1 or another winger tactic like 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1 to counter these problems

Iv'e started a new save using this tactic for my Newcastle side so I will let you know how it goes midway through the season, but what Iv'e notice on my old save when I was using this is that many PL teams find that a 4-2-3-1 is there strongest style to come up against and you could probably lose these.

so I think it's to have an 4-4-2 or a 4-1-2-2-1 or both in the other slots to counter these situation, in my old save I got beat off Spurs, Everton, Swansea, Arsenal, WHU, and even Sunderland by a large margin of goals because they played -

Spurs, WHU, Swansea - 4-4-2

Arsenal, Sunderland, Everton - 4-1-2-2-1

so for anyone using a average team or smaller team I think it's important to have a 4-4-2 & 4-1-2-2-1 or another winger tactic like 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1 to counter these problems

Check OP for the deeper tactic uploaded, use this against teams where the original dont seem to work. Plus add close down always to MR/ML when facing a 4-4-2

Hi Mohin, what teamtalks do you use? or simply leave to assistant?

Hi Mohin, what teamtalks do you use? or simply leave to assistant?

I think team talks is the most neglected part of a tactics ability. I go into very extensive detail for team talks, combining a team talk with individual team talks for defense/mid/strikers. Morale plays a big part in this game than anything else i have noticed, so extensive man management is required to achieve success.

My talks depend on whether i am playing at home/away or coming of a winning streak or a big loss. Most of the times its either Assertive or Aggressive (I like to assert my dominance in the changing room :p).

For Home:
Pre-Match: If coming of a winning streak- Carry on from last match (Assrt)
If clear favourites or evens- Expect a win (Assrt)
when underdogs- Nobody fancies us (Only if option available, Assrt)
Coming of a loss- expect much better performance (assrt)

And Individual talks (only prematch): for defence- Hav faith(passnt), Mid- have faith (assrt), Attc-Have faith(assrt)

HT: Winning by a goal or less -Not happy(Assrt)
If losing- Not happy (Aggrs)
Winning but 2 goals but player ratings average below 7 (Not happy- Assrt)
Winning by 2 goals or more and player ratings fairly high on average 7 and above -Very Happy(Pssnt)

Full Time: IF win by 2 or more regardless of player ratings- Very pleased (Passionate)
Win by 1 goal when favourites- bit of a let off(Assrt)
draw or loss- Unhappy (Aggrs)

Its pretty much the same Away, except i praise at half time and full time if leading by 1 goal and win. (passionate if big win and calm if 1-0)
Also if u lose as underdogs with (Nobody fancies us prematch)- give dont look back at result (assrt)

NOTE: Never give seek revenge.. it will show a great boost in morale, but trust me it never works. well atleast in 14.3.1 it doesnt.

Last edited:
Do you guys use the final version, or the wing play deep version??

Use final version as your main base tactic and keep the deep tac for when you see your team getting caught out on the counter or when facing teams playing direct. Starting off with deep tac against weak oppositions can also be done.
Switch to the deep tactic and change mentality to standard if you want to protect ur lead. Hope this helps.

Currently i am working on a more solid Final version, as it still seems to concede a fair amount of goals. Will upload it when i am satisfied with it.

mohin what do for individual player training ?
Train players for their individual roles they will play in the formation. Though I keep the striker empty as even though his role is a poacher i want him to be a target-man/poacher, so need good aerial ability. Suggestion would be to train his aerial ability first then train as poacher. recommended stats for the striker would be high Anticipation, off the ball, heading and finishing 15+