4-2-3-1 Wingers Paradise , Bringing back the lone striker(25+goals)

Been using this for Ajax as I had a little drop in form and thought some new tactics might help, it's been working so far!

Quick question though, I have Juventus and Athletico in my CL group, what tactic would you recommend, "Final" or "Deep"?

Thanks!

Been using this for Ajax as I had a little drop in form and thought some new tactics might help, it's been working so far!

Quick question though, I have Juventus and Athletico in my CL group, what tactic would you recommend, "Final" or "Deep"?

Thanks!

Use Deep against both. In my lazio save Deep seems to work best against Juve. As for athletico since they use a direct/target man style of play. Use deep. U can try using Final tac at home against juve to take the game to them. but if u see that ur not dominating change immediately. Also maybe change to control in the away games with deep.

Just played Juve, definitely use Final away from home and deep at home against both teams.

Use Deep against both. In my lazio save Deep seems to work best against Juve. As for athletico since they use a direct/target man style of play. Use deep. U can try using Final tac at home against juve to take the game to them. but if u see that ur not dominating change immediately. Also maybe change to control in the away games with deep.

Thanks man, won both games 2-1, dominated both as well! Qualified with a game in hand.
My team hasn't completely gelled but it's been very promising. Good tactics.

Started a new save with Crystal Palace (Media Prediction 20th) to test the tactics underdog capabilities. I have to admit it is a bit of a struggle given the quality of this squad. The season has been bit of a hit or miss so far, fairly inconsistent. Win or Losses, only 1 draw so far and that too away to united.
Highlight of the season so far: Victory against Arsenal and an fairytail run in the COC beating villa, swansea and spurs.

I am using the Deep tactic and a tweaked version of the original.

View attachment 375140View attachment 375139

Last edited:
I'm using the final version with Fulham, it's an awesome tactic but I'm conceding **** loads of goals, maybe because I'm Fulham?

I'm using the final version with Fulham, it's an awesome tactic but I'm conceding **** loads of goals, maybe because I'm Fulham?

Try this (New update for final, stil in the works but havnt still uploaded), or move to the Deep tactic, if u see the reason for conceding are long balls.

View attachment 374918 There is no way i am beating that juve team to the title, but impressive for prediction 5th. From new tactic. Dont stick to the same tactic, rotate between this and deep. And change in match if one of them isnt working.

View attachment 374894
An Update on the lone strikers. Rotated them alot, though pratto played more. Scoring a lot but more impressive are their assists stats.

Lazio save (network game) update. Finished season 2nd and won europa and italian cup. Juve finished on 94points with only 13 conceded, no way i was to beat that with the current squad.

Positives: The performances of my attack has been mesmerizing. 93 goals scored in serie A (always a low scoring league). Won 2 trophies. Was developing my V2 tacs in this save. so through all the tweaks result is satisfactory.

Heres the squad and their performances (look at that goals and assists coloumn)
View attachment 374716

Decided to test my updated tactic using Will's tacting testing (legends)database and method which he shared before closing the initial Thread. So here are the results in detail.

View attachment 374392View attachment 374391View attachment 374390View attachment 374389View attachment 374388
Finished 6th, 96pnts 137GS 71GC +66GD

Needless to say i knew the tactic wasnt the best in defence and tactic used use Wingplay V2 and not Deep(the more defensive). Still 137 scored is a big result. All matches in instant result with no gameplan.

I was not satisfied with the results so decided to investigate the matches where i dropped points. With 9 draws and 12 losses they were 21 matches where the team dropped points. Half of them seemed resonable where the game was evenly contested or dominated by the other team but 10 fixture results, well lets just say when FM decides to F**k you theres nothing you can do.

View attachment 374387View attachment 374386View attachment 374385View attachment 374384View attachment 374383View attachment 374382 View attachment 374381View attachment 374380View attachment 374379View attachment 374378

The test seemed very much dependent on morale. Cuz i noticed the team go on a big win streak when on superb morale and then fall apart after 1 loss. And something i mentioned earlier that this legends team is very shorthanded in terms of wingers, so not much rotation was done on wingers and they were forced to play with low conditioning. Figo ended up paying 47/50 and i would say 30% of those matches his conditioning was less than 85%.

Its a fairly long post but I hope u guys enjoy it.

Made a mistake in the previous test as i kept the contract negotiations fr manager only, so all the players were only on youth contracts. Fixed this to director responsibility and did the test again. I felt that the contract level and happiness influenced the performance of players. And changed one thing that is removed set OIs by Assistant since tactic has pre-set OIs. The results this time were more than impressive. Still 2-3 FM glitched games but the end result was terrific and a true showing of what the tactic is capable of. And if your not impressed by these results than i give up.

Goals scored is consistent with last save bettered by only 1, but a huge deference in goals conceded and points tally. The team was more confident and much better in defense. 122 points with a GD of +99, that just blows the previous test out.

Last edited:
great tactic! striker scored 31 in 48 first season so deffers scores goals! tactic has become inconsistent second season with it so downloaded the 2 new tactics will try them out :)

also i love the amount of goals i score but the amount i concede is way too high. most goals are other teams playing it over or through my defence and strikers or wingers running onto them. how can i stop this? my keepers been pretty bad lately bad has no competition so im gonna loan in another keeper asap, what else can i do to stop conceding so many??

also i love the amount of goals i score but the amount i concede is way too high. most goals are other teams playing it over or through my defence and strikers or wingers running onto them. how can i stop this? my keepers been pretty bad lately bad has no competition so im gonna loan in another keeper asap, what else can i do to stop conceding so many??

What team are you using? Also If your using V2 i recommend changing the fullbacks to support to help more in defence. They are essential to the defence of this tactic so try getting better full backs (Cavanda, Kolasinac, Robertson, Lucas Farias, Emerson, Moreno, Danilo, Sandro) Dont touch OIs. Nd mate I made the Deep tactic for exactly this long balls over the top. Change D-line to much deeper in deep tactic if you have a weak defence. Try to get Fast and tall defenders, Sommer as a keeper is recommended.

accrington stanley hahahaha. defence is fine probably one of the better in the division, bought a new keeper and conceded 1 in 3 so hopefully thats sorted!

accrington stanley hahahaha. defence is fine probably one of the better in the division, bought a new keeper and conceded 1 in 3 so hopefully thats sorted!

Well hope it works out for you and you destroy all teams in your league. Please don't take my tactics as plug'n'play tactics, feel free to make tweaks and change mentality in game too suite your team and the situation at hand. Keep mey updated on your results.