Real Football

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to share this tactic here not only because I have had some great success with it, but more importantly because my team is now playing the most beautiful football I've ever played in FM.
I started with Borussia Bortmund and I wanted to create a tactic that is somehow re-creating their style under Klopp.

The tactic is build around 2 key factors:
1) Very aggressive pressing, called "gegenpressing"
2) Very fast transitioning from defense to attack

Here is what I have, please give it a try if you feel like it.
d8Bqtzw.png

KUyQHeC.png

I believe that the 3 central players are of key importance in this tactic. In my tactic I use Kovacic/Gundogan as roaming playmaker, Kagawa as running central midfielder and Lars Bender as holding midfielder(destroyer). They are the key to this very fast transition from defense to attack.
The "plays one-twos" PPM is very good for your roaming playmaker and CM attack as this will increase the tempo of your game.

My CF is Munir, he is very capable of coming deep to get the ball and creating space for Marco Reus to run into.

These are the results I have so far with this tactic in Bundesliga and UCL. As you see I'm scoring quite a lot of goals, while being responsible at the back. However this is rather an offensive tactic.

I have just finished the first season. Managed to win Bundesliga, at the limit, and the Cup. I was unfortunately knocked out of UCL by Arsenal, at a limit. However, the good news is that I was undefeated at home the whole season, only a single draw. Away from home the tactic seems to be a bit too aggressive, too offensive, so another mentality would be advisable for difficult away games. Here are the results.
1wlpn0x.png

dNcU8pP.png

Home games in the league! Only one draw!
qpljetD.png

Away games in the league! Much can be improved away!
XVZmmo3.png

Set Pieces can be much improved. I was never good at setting them up, so that could use some adjustment.
I am also considering changing the left IF-attack to a Ramdeuter but I have still to test that. The reason I am preferring the Inside Forward for the moment is that he does more defensively.

Match training set to attacking, except for difficult away games when I set it to defend.
OI's are set by assistant.

You can see a perfect example of how this tactic works here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1ggcULoys&feature=youtu.be
[video=youtube;Zi1ggcULoys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1ggcULoys&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Download links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg5jutpqbvpwggs/Attacking 4-3-3 Wide.tac?dl=0

https://www.mediafire.com/?ga0544uwdbsmjr0

Made a small update to reduce the number of shots from the distance and some other minor tweaks.
Download links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkk8f1aw8ldos7l/BVB v5_9900B3DF-A4F0-44EA-AACC-A8C65B084613.fmf?dl=0

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s4uafj7r8ac878i/BVB+v5_9900B3DF-A4F0-44EA-AACC-A8C65B084613.fmf

New tactic for hard games - Counter attack tactic
I made this tactic, because the "gegenpressing" seems to be less effective in hard away games, which is logical because it is a very offensive tactic. However it still works perfectly fine, after the update in home games, or games in which you are favorite.

You can find everything about the counter tactic here.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...nter-attack-newcastle-4231-a.html#post2354278

In order to use these tactic in FM you have to follow these steps:
1) Copy this file into this folder Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\tactics
2) In game click on the arrow under the tactics screen -> Manage Tactics -> Import
3) Select this file from the list and click ok
4) Now it should appear in the list with the tactics you can use in game.

With pictures here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/184003-fmf-tread.html

Last edited:
Trying your tactic now as Liverpool. First match is a 6-0 win away against Hull....

Two more matches played. 3-0 against some unknown team in CL, and a 4-1 win against Man Utd. Amazing how you turn from defence to attack with this tactic. The funny thing is that Borini is absolutly insane scoring 7 goals in these 3 matches:O

Last edited:
I'm glad it's working out for you. Keep me posted with more results and possible tweaks you've made.

When I start leading by 2-0 vs a weak team or 1-0 in tough games I usually change team instructions to
1)close down more, down from much more and
2) remove play out of defense and set "work ball into box" for a bit more careful play.

between how did u buy kovacic ? they don't want to sell him for less than 60M

I bought him for 45 mil euros. He is great for me as roaming playmaker in this tactic. Best player in Bundesliga as a matter of fact.
Ji2d3RQ.png

This is my best game so far in this season.
KLu3Sti.png

I've changed crossing to low instead of whipped. I believe it suits better a counter attack style.

ok thanks...I've only played one game in the league but the team played an amazing football..
will keep testing :)

Am I the only who can't download the file ? it gives me tekst file.

Even if i make it a tac. file i cannot open it in fm

This is great tactic. But there's a problem. Almost every time I lead by 1 or 2 goals and after that in second half I can't hold the score. Every time they starting to push and break my defence. What can i do?

This is great tactic. But there's a problem. Almost every time I lead by 1 or 2 goals and after that in second half I can't hold the score. Every time they starting to push and break my defence. What can i do?

So glad someone made a Gengen tactic for FM15. I used one in FM14 and loved it. For this problem, I'm going to try using Callamity's possession tactic, which is the same formation, to hold leads in the second half. See how it goes.

I know what you are talking about, I had the same issue as you. I will explain you what I am doing to counter this and also why I am doing it.
The main reason why this is happening is because of the team instruction "play out of defense". As you are leading 1 or 2 goals up, your opponents will usually start pressing you higher up the pitch (=creating space in their defense). Therefore you cannot really afford to play out of defense anymore, as this is too risky.
1) Remove instruction play out of defense.

When you are already leading it makes no point to tire your players out for the rest of the match with close down much more.
Therefore I change this into close down more. This will reduce the gaps that you are making in your defense when pressing that aggressively.
2) Change close down much more to close down more.

3) Finally I also use work ball into the box when I am 1-0 up against a good team or 2-0 against a weaker team. By doing this you will play a little bit more cautiously, players will wait a bit more for a good opportunity to arise before making the decisive pass. By holding the ball longer, you let your opponent close you down and this will create space in their defense that your 3 attacking players can exploit. I hope this makes sense.

4) Depending on what you want you can also changing the mentality from attacking to standard or counter. However, I don't usually do this only if it is really necessary. (if I see the opponents have too many chances at goal)

Of course depending on what you want you can also change to a different tactic. For example possession tactic or playing with DM's and stuff like that, but that is not what I want to do here. I want to keep pushing my opponents and catch them on the counter attack as much as possible.

I hope this helps you

Nice!! The idea is great! obviously if you play with Dortmund, Let me try to adapt this to the new save (I didn´t select a team i waiting to be hired by Fullham, Bolton and Chivas, interview phase, Fullham already proposed a contract).

Will post results!

Do you make any changes at all for tougher away games?