Do you make any changes at all for tougher away games?

Of course I will not use one and the same tactic for all my games. If I am Levante for example and I play against Madrid or Barcelona I would not use this tactic at all. It must fit your team and your opponent to some extent.

I am playing with Dortmund now, so I can afford to use this high pressing - high tempo tactic also in the tough away games. But as soon as I see that something is not right I do the things I explained above starting with work ball into box.

Thanks for the reply! What I was meaning was say for your away game against Barca and Bayern do you start with the same tactic? Then wait to see that something isn't right and do the things you explained?

Thanks for the reply! What I was meaning was say for your away game against Barca and Bayern do you start with the same tactic? Then wait to see that something isn't right and do the things you explained?

Now, with Dortmund yes, I do start with this tactic all my games.

Wi this tactic suit Manchester United, do you reckon. I am struggling to find a good tactic. Players like Di Maria and Mata are awful in the tactics I've tried they lose the ball too much. I barely get shots and concede way too much.

Wi this tactic suit Manchester United, do you reckon. I am struggling to find a good tactic. Players like Di Maria and Mata are awful in the tactics I've tried they lose the ball too much. I barely get shots and concede way too much.

Yes, I think it fits them very well. For this tactic to be most efficient you need that your 3 midfielders have as high as possible: work rate, anticipation, stamina.

I would play with Falcao as CF, Mata on left as a Winger, Januzaj on right as an IF, Herrera as roaming playmaker, Di Maria CM Attack, and either Carrick or Blind as holding midfielders.

This means you would have to find some place for Rooney and RVP, or sell one of them. Maybe train Rooney to play on the flanks.

Yes, I think it fits them very well. For this tactic to be most efficient you need that your 3 midfielders have as high as possible: work rate, anticipation, stamina.

I would play with Falcao as CF, Mata on left as a Winger, Januzaj on right as an IF, Herrera as roaming playmaker, Di Maria CM Attack, and either Carrick or Blind as holding midfielders.

thats exactly how im set up with mufc. but lost all 3 games ive played so far lol. i'll persist with it though :)

This has been pretty good for me so far... Still in pre-season though and only played 5 matches but woah!

I'm Man Utd and doing a USA Tour. Played so far...

Vancouver 0 v 3 Man Utd - Matax3
Philadelphia 1 v 5 Man Utd - Matax3, Wilson, Januzaj
New England 1 v 3 Man Utd - Matax2, Pereira
Tampa Bay 0 v 6 Man Utd - Matax2, Herrera, Boye, Di Maria
Saint Louis 0 v 7 Man Utd - Mata, Boyex2, Herrerax2, Di Maria, Rooney

As you can see not amazing opponents but I'm hoping these wins build confidence within the tactic and the players. Mata is my Left Inside Forward! He has scored 11 Goals in 5 games! That's good even against Chumps. 24 goals in 5 games and only 2 against! Di Maria is my roaming playmaker and Herrera who has played extremely well is my CM attact. De Gea is solid. My new buy Lucas Boye looks good too. Januzaj looms ace too. Freak tactic. One more game left in the USA too! I'll update you later.

I was wondering for a sec there who MAtax was....... until i noticed Herrerax and Boyex xD

Hey guys a further update with Man Utd

Carolina Rail 1 v 5 Man Utd - Januzajx2, Rooney, Van Persie, Munir
Real Salt Lake 1 v 2 Man Utd - Van Persie, Munir

so going well. Team were quite tired against Salt Lake City and Van Persie scored in the 90th to secure a 100% pre-season. I loaned Munir from Barcelona after tonnes of negotiating with player and club but he looks ace! Will vie with Januzaj for te RW role. Anyway Villa, Arsenal, League Cup Game, Leicsyer and Everton coming up.

Hey guys here's the update...

Man Utd 4 v 0 Aston Villa - Rooneyx3, Mata
Arsenal 1 v 2 Man Utd - Di Maria (Pen), Wilson
(LC) Man Utd 3 v 0 Carlisle - Boye, Jones, Guilherme
Man Utd 1 v 0 Leicester - Wilson
Everton 2 - 3 Man Utd - Rooneyx3

Everton were the toughest opponent. I guess there tactic is set up well against this one.

How are you all getting on?

Trying this. Not even at half time on my first game using it against Fulham in the PL and it's 3-0 via a Yanga Mbiwa hattrick. I expected goals, but not a pre-half time hattrick from my centre back lol xD

Hey do you have any players instructions?
Yes, I do have close down more on the front 5 players AML,AMR,CF,CM A, and roaming pl.
However, I am still tweaking the individual player instructions a little bit...

Thanks for the info.

I'm a fan of Dortmund's style and going to try and implement it in my 4-2-3--1

Played whole season with this tactic with Liverpool. Was using it as in plug and play tactic, no changes during matches and whatsoever, except for OI's that my assistant handles.
Pretty satisfied with results, and games are really interesting to watch. Sold Lucas Leiva and bought Pogba for 2nd season, will look how it goes ;)
View attachment 330668View attachment 330667
Also, sorry for my English.

Last edited:
Played whole season with this tactic with Liverpool. Was using it as in plug and play tactic, no changes during matches and whatsoever, except for OI's that my assistant handles.
Pretty satisfied with results, and games are really interesting to watch. Sold Lucas Leiva and bought Pogba for 2nd season, will look how it goes ;)

Also, sorry for my English.

Did you win Champion's League? What place did you end up in EPL? Also, can you give me some feedback on what went good and what went bad with it? What can be improved?

Did you win Champion's League? What place did you end up in EPL? Also, can you give me some feedback on what went good and what went bad with it? What can be improved?
I won Champion's League over Barcelona 3-1, yeah. 1st place in EPL, 9 points ahead from 2nd place (Man City). Lost in early rounds of domestic cups, but whatever.
Well, this tactic seems to be somewhat weak away (lost 8 matches away and only 2 at home). But I think thats my fault in most cases, always playing attacking mentality and stuff like that, never changing everything during matches. I wanted to play this plug and play and results were more than just okay! Granted, Liverpool have pretty good squad, and I bought players like Alvarez Balanta, Lucas Romero and Depay, but still.
One thing that kinda bothers me that players like to play by themselves most of the time, they rather shoot from bad position or try to dribble against 3 players than just give the ball to someone in better position, you know? Not only Balotelli, all of them have this thing. Not sure what this is, game itself or tactic.

I won Champion's League over Barcelona 3-1, yeah. 1st place in EPL, 9 points ahead from 2nd place (Man City). Lost in early rounds of domestic cups, but whatever.
Well, this tactic seems to be somewhat weak away (lost 8 matches away and only 2 at home). But I think thats my fault in most cases, always playing attacking mentality and stuff like that, never changing everything during matches. I wanted to play this plug and play and results were more than just okay! Granted, Liverpool have pretty good squad, and I bought players like Alvarez Balanta, Lucas Romero and Depay, but still.
One thing that kinda bothers me that players like to play by themselves most of the time, they rather shoot from bad position or try to dribble against 3 players than just give the ball to someone in better position, you know? Not only Balotelli, all of them have this thing. Not sure what this is, game itself or tactic.

I was thinking to set shoot less often for the 3 attacking players BUT, I feared that this would lead to them losing the ball to an opponent instead of just shooting, and exposing the team to counter attacks. I will try it one and see how it works. Maybe another tactic should be used for tough away games, or maybe just another mentality, idk. Thanks for the feedback!

brill tactic mate, however players take to many long shots. what shall i do ?