I used the updated version for 90% of the season and the original the odd game and stuck with the control mentality.

And this was the team i used for the season, pretty stacked after selling most of the first team for huge amounts of money after the first season.

View attachment 1142743

Awesome!, I'm just about to update the original one with better defensive settings-just tested with Leverkusen. I think i'll use both, original when needing more width and updated one when wanting to go through the middle. I've also found training the inverted wingers to have PPM gets into opposition area is working a treat!

View attachment 70504View attachment 70503

Awesome!, I'm just about to update the original one with better defensive settings-just tested with Leverkusen. I think i'll use both, original when needing more width and updated one when wanting to go through the middle. I've also found training the inverted wingers to have PPM gets into opposition area is working a treat!

View attachment 1142746View attachment 1142747

Great just downloaded it, I will use it for my upcoming season and tell you how it goes.

Decided to start a new save with Arsenal so I’ll give this a whirl for a season and let you know how it goes mate!

Have you tried any tweaks with the ball winning mid? Sometimes I move him down to the DM(same position just in the DM slot) and change the role to a halfback with more direct passes and more risky passes. Works fine for my team.

Fm touch

Hey, love the tactic, exactly how I want my football to be played, attacking, down the wings ect.

I am am currently using the touch version on my iPad, would this tactic work on this platform and do you have any player instructions cause I can’t download atm

thanks in advance and congrats on the hard work :)

Hi! I am interested in using your tactic.
Do you think it would work with Mane and Salah as IWs?

I am interested to see how many goals salah can score on this tactic as an IW. The most he scored for me as an IF in other tactics was 25 goals. Hope to see him break 30 as an IW on this tactic.

A great season using the Original V2 tactic a much bigger improvement from the second tactic that i used last season. I won six trophies including the Premier League and Champions League for the third time in a row.

Please see my results below.

View attachment 70142View attachment 70141View attachment 70140

Also I'm going to manage FC St. Pauli in the Bundesliga second division next season to test how the tactic works with a weaker team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried any tweaks with the ball winning mid? Sometimes I move him down to the DM(same position just in the DM slot) and change the role to a halfback with more direct passes and more risky passes. Works fine for my team.

Thanks for the suggestion Martino- I regularly tweak the roles to suit the players and teams. So far I just haven't been able to get the most out of the Ball winning midfielder and the attacking midfielder (Have been experimenting with Enganche). I will definetely try your tweak and report back to you

Hey, love the tactic, exactly how I want my football to be played, attacking, down the wings ect.

I am am currently using the touch version on my iPad, would this tactic work on this platform and do you have any player instructions cause I can’t download atm

thanks in advance and congrats on the hard work :)

Thanks for the message!, i am the same, there's something about having wingers dribble and score that i just love hehe. maybe because i use to play as a right midfielder.

Here's screenshots of the player instructions for each position- good luck with it and don't forget to tweak adapt as you need- especially with mentalities. in terms of whether it would work on fm touch ipad... i guess so, should be the same or similar version to fm touch on computer.
. View attachment 70139View attachment 70138View attachment 70137View attachment 70136View attachment 70135View attachment 70134View attachment 70133View attachment 70132View attachment 70131

Hi! I am interested in using your tactic.
Do you think it would work with Mane and Salah as IWs?

Yes it will, they are still wingers and the inverted wingers role allows them to operate as such. The benefit IMO to using inverted wingers instead of inside forwards is they tend to hold the line my and not cut in and shoot as much as Insider forwards. They will mostly score goals from inside the 6 yard box. So if they have decent heading ability it won't hurt as i Had Leon Bailley who couldn't even head the ball into an empty net lol...i still forgave him for the time being

I am interested to see how many goals salah can score on this tactic as an IW. The most he scored for me as an IF in other tactics was 25 goals. Hope to see him break 30 as an IW on this tactic.

It would be a challenge!! You might have to play attacking more often

A great season using the Original V2 tactic a much bigger improvement from the second tactic that i used last season. I won six trophies including the Premier League and Champions League for the third time in a row.

Please see my results below.

View attachment 1143112View attachment 1143113View attachment 1143114

Also I'm going to manage FC St. Pauli in the Bundesliga second division next season to test how the tactic works with a weaker team.

Thanks again for the dedicated testing and posting MetalFox. I am glad that you saw an improvement in results :), also interested to see the results from an underdog test, so thanks for doing that. I will be testing Martino's reccomendationfor a halback and also changing the attacking midfielder's role to an enganche. Oh how i miss the old CM/FM days when you could tick free role and manually adjust sliders!!

First match using tweaked version of Original V2

Credits to Martino for the suggestion of moving BWM to Halfback with More direct passes and more risky passes :) I have also change AM role to Trequartista with more direct passes and Shoot less often. He scored two goals :) will test out the remainder of the season and report back.
View attachment 70130

And the second match! I didn't expect this!! 7-1 away to Napoli in Champions league group game and guess what Marco Asensio in the Trequartista role scored 3 and assisted two!!!. If this is a pre-cursor to whats to come I am excited. BTW i bought Asensio for 36 Million, he was on the transfer list at half price.....i am not sure how or why..but it is the first time i've played with him :)
View attachment 70129

Last edited:

Credits to Martino for the suggestion of moving BWM to Halfback with More direct passes and more risky passes :) I have also change AM role to Trequartista with more direct passes and Shoot less often. He scored two goals :) will test out the remainder of the season and report back.
View attachment 1143124

And the second match! I didn't expect this!! 7-1 away to Napoli in Champions league group game and guess what Marco Asensio in the Trequartista role scored 3 and assisted two!!!. If this is a pre-cursor to whats to come I am excited. BTW i bought Asensio for 36 Million, he was on the transfer list at half price.....i am not sure how or why..but it is the first time i've played with him :)
View attachment 1143125
What mentality are you playing with the tweaks? I've been using the Orginal V2, I've had some great results but also been unable to break a couple of teams down at home as you'll see in the SS. I'm using a control mentality any suggestions on harder games etc?
View attachment 70095

What mentality are you playing with the tweaks? I've been using the Orginal V2, I've had some great results but also been unable to break a couple of teams down at home as you'll see in the SS. I'm using a control mentality any suggestions on harder games etc?
View attachment 1143159

I've Posted the tweaked tactic on the main page- I have just been using standard mentality- trying to remain patient- But if you're struggling to break down a team or need to score i would suggest trying to go attacking with a faster tempo and direct passing whilst removing work ball in the box. But i would use this only as necessary, the tweak has been performing better attack wise and I'm currently testing with Sporting Gijon- predicted 20th in La Liga to see how it will work with a complete underdog.

View attachment 1143124

View attachment 1143125

You’re welcome. The Trequartista tweak is working really good as well. Love the tactic now with these two changes.

You’re welcome. The Trequartista tweak is working really good as well. Love the tactic now with these two changes.

:) It is much better, just testing with Sporting Gijon, Currently 9th in La Liga in February, with underdog team it still works but it is advisable that you change defensive line from higher to normal.