:) It is much better, just testing with Sporting Gijon, Currently 9th in La Liga in February, with underdog team it still works but it is advisable that you change defensive line from higher to normal.

Nice. Do you use inverted wingbacks or regular fullbacks? I use regular in my save.

Nice. Do you use inverted wingbacks or regular fullbacks? I use regular in my save.

Just regular. Using Version 3. I have deleted the control version with Inverted Wingbacks as it is inferior to the others. I have also left the fullbacks on attacking.

Finally finished my season and what a season !
But ... what a bad ending , look at the game against liverpool ... and few days after , lost the final cup too ....
Anyway great tactic , thank you mate , i was using the original one , for next season i think i'm gonna use the tweak version

I've Posted the tweaked tactic on the main page- I have just been using standard mentality- trying to remain patient- But if you're struggling to break down a team or need to score i would suggest trying to go attacking with a faster tempo and direct passing whilst removing work ball in the box. But i would use this only as necessary, the tweak has been performing better attack wise and I'm currently testing with Sporting Gijon- predicted 20th in La Liga to see how it will work with a complete underdog.
I've been using the new version now for 6 games winning 5 and drawing 1, it is working for me much better thanks

I've been using the new version now for 6 games winning 5 and drawing 1, it is working for me much better thanks

Thats wonderful, also drop the defensive line to normal for games you are an underdog or if you have slow defenders. This change helped me achieve 5th place with sporting gijon. Let me know how you go :)

Finally finished my season and what a season !
But ... what a bad ending , look at the game against liverpool ... and few days after , lost the final cup too ....
Anyway great tactic , thank you mate , i was using the original one , for next season i think i'm gonna use the tweak version

Ouch! That defeat is painful! The v3 of the tactic is much better than the first in many aspects. Thanks again for trying the tactic and in sure you’re going to get better results next season :)

Ouch! That defeat is painful! The v3 of the tactic is much better than the first in many aspects. Thanks again for trying the tactic and in sure you’re going to get better results next season :)

Thanks mate ! Thanks to you , bad tactitians like me can enjoy the game :)

Does v3 use the same player instructions as the original? ( the ones you posted)

Does v3 use the same player instructions as the original? ( the ones you posted)

Im guessing your referring to number 1?

There's been some changes;
Ball playing defenders set to Defend instead of stopper- plus extra player instructions
Full backs- Player instructions added
Introduced halfback
Introduced Trequartista
CF and IW's are the same

Let me know if you need any further info

I have combined both original and martino's tweak, well mainly just martino's but changed the trequartista back to advanced playmaker as my attack was struggling with it, particularly the strikers. Not sure why but in 10 games with trequartista my strikers only scored 1 goal and a rating of 6.7. changing back to AP my strikers have now score 9 from 15 games while rating 7.4. The AP rating has stayed about the same just a couple less goals and a few more assists. Pretty sure it's just my team cause i have started another save using full martino v3 and there's no problem. Just a thought if some people are having any troubles in attack. This is by far the best tactic i've used especially defence wise. Thanks.

I have combined both original and martino's tweak, well mainly just martino's but changed the trequartista back to advanced playmaker as my attack was struggling with it, particularly the strikers. Not sure why but in 10 games with trequartista my strikers only scored 1 goal and a rating of 6.7. changing back to AP my strikers have now score 9 from 15 games while rating 7.4. The AP rating has stayed about the same just a couple less goals and a few more assists. Pretty sure it's just my team cause i have started another save using full martino v3 and there's no problem. Just a thought if some people are having any troubles in attack. This is by far the best tactic i've used especially defence wise. Thanks.

thanks for the feedback and high praise. I am glad that alot of the people testing and using the tactic are switching roles and making slight tweaks to suit their team. After all thats what being a football manager is all about. Will definitely take your suggestions on board

nice man!! That actually worked way too good for you lol, did you drop defensive line to normal For the test or kept it at high? Thanks again for your dedicated posting

Dropped it down to normal.

End of second season. Umbelievable , serie A + italian cup + champions league + italian super cup
another season with 120 goals in league
Champions league wasn't easy , group stage with atletico madrid and tottenham , then dortmund , real madrid , chelsea and finally manchester united ... not a walk in a park .
Amazing tactic, i used the tweaked one . For big games away i changed my fullbacks to defend duty and it works like a charm
Injuries were a pain in the *** this year . Cuadrado 6 month , higuain 4 month , dybala 1 month , bernadeshi several weeks , ozil 2 month .. but nothing could stop us ^^

Last edited:
End of second season. Umbelievable , serie A + italian cup + champions league + italian super cup
another season with 120 goals in league
Champions league wasn't easy , group stage with atletico madrid and tottenham , then dortmund , real madrid , chelsea and finally manchester united ... not a walk in a park .
Amazing tactic, i used the tweaked one . For big games away i changed my fullbacks to defend duty and it works like a charm
Injuries were a pain in the *** this year . Cuadrado 6 month , higuain 4 month , dybala 1 month , bernadeshi several weeks , ozil 2 month .. but nothing could stop us ^^

Awesome results and thanks for continually posting your updates! Also love how you tweaked the fullback to defend in the big games, will definitely try this out when i get a chance to play again ??????

I'm very interested in testing out the formation but I've just got one question about it. Why have you put brings ball out of defence as a preferred ppm but also dribble less as a pi on the bpd's?