rickvema

Reaction score
Firstly, I need to inform that I have already posted these tactics in fm-vn forum, so the Vietnamese can also find it there.

Inspired by the Man Utd style during the period 2008/2009, I wanted to bring it into FM, but hadn't been successful until this time. The initial idea was to create an attacking style for Man Utd which must be simple, not many specific instructions and player requirements for some certain positions (I hate having bunches of instructions and requirements). Then, I created an attacking tactic which you only need to adjust the Mentality from Attacking to Counter when playing Away match; however, the thing is that this does not work efficiently with weak teams such as Watford. Consequently, I came up with the Counter version (actually, the Mentality in this one is Standard), which fits Watford. Briefly, I won EPL and Capital One with Swansea, won EPL with Watford, and obtained many promising result in big matches. Hereafter, I will present my tactics mostly with Swansea and Watford.

Tactic Protoss 3.0: Attack and Counter

Attack

Overview
View attachment 182068

Team Instructions
FsR0UO9.jpg

Counter

Overview
View attachment 1017865

Team Instructions
View attachment 1017866

Results with Swansea (Attacking Mentality with Home matches, and Counter Mentality with Away matches)

View attachment 1017882

View attachment 1017883

View attachment 1017884

View attachment 1017885

Some matches

With Chelsea (Away)
View attachment 1017886

With Arsenal (Home)
View attachment 1017887

With Man.C (Home)
View attachment 1017888

With Man Utd (Home)
View attachment 1017889

Some matches with other teams

Against M.C (Away)
View attachment 1017890

Against Barcelona
View attachment 1017891

View attachment 1017892

View attachment 1017893

View attachment 1017894

Achievement with Watford

View attachment 1017895

View attachment 1017896

View attachment 1017897

View attachment 1017898

View attachment 1017899

Some matches

View attachment 1017900

View attachment 1017901

View attachment 1017902

View attachment 1017903
Instructions

Training: I set tactical training from the beginning til the end of the seasons; frankly, I'm not sure whether it works effectively if you set other kinds of training (Attacking movement, defending, Team Coherence,...) after the team is familiar with the tactics. However, I do prefer focusing on training team coherence after the team is familiar with the tactics.
There is 1 vital thing is that you NEED to have a good tactical coach. If you play big teams, you can sign Simon Montanaro or Fulvio Florin; meanwhile, if you play those small ones, you can sign 4-star tactical coaches such as Kevin Summerfield (my assistant coach when playing Watford)

View attachment 1018447

Tactics:

The Attacking Tactic works well with big and medium teams; you only need to change the Mentality from Attacking to Counter when playing away matches. However, if you play small team like Watford, the Counter version is an ideal one.

The Counter one does reduce the shots you have in each match, compared to the attacking one; however, it provides a solid defense for small team when facing bigger teams. On the contrary, the main purpose of the attacking one is to score as many as they can, in order to do so, sometimes players will ignore defending, which leads to some concedes, and reducing mentality to Counter only makes them play a little bit safer.

I also created set piece routines, just because I didn't feel safe with the default routine, so I wanted new ones balanced between attacking and defending when attacking corners.

Many people may realize that I had Juan Jesus with Watford, and actually, I would have Jan Oblak in the next season. The explanation for this is that in Scouting/All known players, I filtered players who are unhappy as well as younger than 25 years old. I also included the filter in the attachments.

The first two files are the tactics.

So Enjoy! Feel free to ask me questions. Your comments and contributions are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Firstly, I need to inform that I have already posted these tactics in fm-vn forum, so the Vietnamese can also find it there.

Inspired by the Man Utd style during the period 2008/2009, I wanted to bring it into FM, but hadn't been successful until this time. The initial idea was to create an attacking style for Man Utd which must be simple, not many specific instructions and player requirements for some certain positions (I hate having bunches of instructions and requirements). Then, I created an attacking tactic which you only need to adjust the Mentality from Attacking to Counter when playing Away match; however, the thing is that this does not work efficiently with weak teams such as Watford. Consequently, I came up with the Counter version (actually, the Mentality in this one is Standard), which fits Watford. Briefly, I won EPL and Capital One with Swansea, won EPL with Watford, and obtained many promising result in big matches. Hereafter, I will present my tactics mostly with Swansea and Watford.

Tactic Protoss 3.0: Attack and Counter

Attack

Overview
View attachment 1018467

Team Instructions
FsR0UO9.jpg

Counter

Overview
View attachment 1017865

Team Instructions
View attachment 1017866

Results with Swansea (Attacking Mentality with Home matches, and Counter Mentality with Away matches)

View attachment 1017882

View attachment 1017883

View attachment 1017884

View attachment 1017885

Some matches

With Chelsea (Away)
View attachment 1017886

With Arsenal (Home)
View attachment 1017887

With Man.C (Home)
View attachment 1017888

With Man Utd (Home)
View attachment 1017889

Some matches with other teams

Against M.C (Away)
View attachment 1017890

Against Barcelona
View attachment 1017891

View attachment 1017892

View attachment 1017893

View attachment 1017894

Achievement with Watford

View attachment 1017895

View attachment 1017896

View attachment 1017897

View attachment 1017898

View attachment 1017899

Some matches

View attachment 1017900

View attachment 1017901

View attachment 1017902

View attachment 1017903
Instructions

Training: I set tactical training from the beginning til the end of the seasons; frankly, I'm not sure whether it works effectively if you set other kinds of training (Attacking movement, defending, Team Coherence,...) after the team is familiar with the tactics. However, I do prefer focusing on training team coherence after the team is familiar with the tactics.
There is 1 vital thing is that you NEED to have a good tactical coach. If you play big teams, you can sign Simon Montanaro or Fulvio Florin; meanwhile, if you play those small ones, you can sign 4-star tactical coaches such as Kevin Summerfield (my assistant coach when playing Watford)

View attachment 1018447

Tactics:

The Attacking Tactic works well with big and medium teams; you only need to change the Mentality from Attacking to Counter when playing away matches. However, if you play small team like Watford, the Counter version is an ideal one.

The Counter one does reduce the shots you have in each match, compared to the attacking one; however, it provides a solid defense for small team when facing bigger teams. On the contrary, the main purpose of the attacking one is to score as many as they can, in order to do so, sometimes players will ignore defending, which leads to some concedes, and reducing mentality to Counter only makes them play a little bit safer.

I also created set piece routines, just because I didn't feel safe with the default routine, so I wanted new ones balanced between attacking and defending when attacking corners.

Many people may realize that I had Juan Jesus with Watford, and actually, I would have Jan Oblak in the next season. The explanation for this is that in Scouting/All known players, I filtered players who are unhappy as well as younger than 25 years old. I also included the filter in the attachments.

The first two files are the tactics.

So Enjoy! Feel free to ask me questions. Your comments and contributions are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

all of the Attachments are invalid :/

looks good man, interested in seeing some feedback.

looks nice there is 5 downlaod links of tactic with is it, im playing with stoke. but have are very good team

looks nice there is 5 downlaod links of tactic with is it, im playing with stoke. but have are very good team

The first two files are the tactics, the second two files are attacking set pieces, the final one is the Unhappy filter

first game 5-1 win home then lose 3-1 away I use the attacking one and training is defensiv positioning and balanced average? and what about OP if I dont use OP with effekt the tactic?

Last edited:
first game 5-1 win home then lose 3-1 away I use the attacking one and training is defensiv positioning and balanced average? and what about OP if I dont use OP with effekt the tactic?

As mentioned, when playing Away, you MUST change Mentality from Attacking to COUNTER. This is the most vital thing. Training intensity must be High. That's all.
Please remember that because changing Mentality from Attacking to Counter does not ALWAYS work, that's why I came up with the Counter one. I haven't tried the Counter tactic for big team because the Counter tactics focuses much more on defending, it will give you a solid defense, however, this also reduces the chances the team made

okay just play my third game away I lead 3-0 final result 4-4. so the attacking tactic should just change to counter in away games? and my training is fine just set the intensity to high? and fine I dont use OP?:) But the match I lost 3-1 away I play with attacxking tactic and with the result 1-1 I change it to the counter tactic and lost 3-1 and you said is more defending?