4132 - Strikerless Mayhem with a Solid Defence

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 763
  • Views Views 301K
Media Prediction for my first season in the Championship.

Rochdale 24th.

We will see about that!

P.S. What pitch dimensions do people use and does it make a difference? I'm using Standard just now

Media Prediction for my first season in the Championship.

Rochdale 24th.

We will see about that!

P.S. What pitch dimensions do people use and does it make a difference? I'm using Standard just now

ahahaha :D good luck!

been using standard pitch dimensions, haven't tried any others

i was predicted 12th in the prem with norwich. just signed ross barkley!!! (H)

Finished my 2nd season with huddersfield (using the latest version posted by veez a few posts back).

Finished 10th in prem and lost in final of EFL Cup to mancity by a fluke goal.

Just splashed my 30+mill new season transfer budget on overhauling my championship standard defence and some new wingers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished my 2nd season with huddersfield (using the latest version posted by veez a few posts back).

Finished 10th in prem and lost in final of EFL Cup to mancity by a fluke goal.

Just splashed my 30+mill new season transfer budget on overhauling my championship standard defence and some new wingers!

a top half finish is always positive first season up. and a better quality defence and wingers will probably have you aiming towards europe next year

how do you rate the latest version in relation to the one you were previously using?

View attachment 116785View attachment 116784

something interesting... went a man down on the 1st minute of play to a rash challenge.

subbed one of the SS's and changed the other to another CM on attack duty with exactly the same instructions

i had tried this before in the dying minutes of another game to hold on to a result after i was a a man down and i'm intrigued by the results. might be something to build on

View attachment 1090429View attachment 1090430something interesting... went a man down on the 1st minute of play to a rash challenge. subbed one of the SS's and changed the other to another CM on attack duty with exactly the same instructionsi had tried this before in the dying minutes of another game to hold on to a result after i was a a man down and i'm intrigued by the results. might be something to build on

Do you mean with no SS and 5 across midfield?

A DM to replace the DLP and a DLP in between the 2 CMs would be the simplest suggestion if that was what you were meaning. Good luck though, I'm sticking with V3 Haha.

Btw, I've been tight marking the MR/ML and AMR/AML every game on the OI's. That may help explain the 22 clean sheets in League 1, although I think it was pretty tight already

a top half finish is always positive first season up. and a better quality defence and wingers will probably have you aiming towards europe next year

how do you rate the latest version in relation to the one you were previously using?

I think the newer version is slightly better(based on my results). Set pieces are slightly better, but i am yet to score from a corner... i might try what a user said before and look on strikerless.com and see if have more joy with those. I will let you know.

I was 2 wins off a Euro spot so my aim is Euro qualification this year.

Do you have any advice on selling players that are no longer wanted? I always just want rid and normally end up selling my players for 1/3 of their
Value so i can get the money quick to reinvest.

Do you mean with no SS and 5 across midfield?

A DM to replace the DLP and a DLP in between the 2 CMs would be the simplest suggestion if that was what you were meaning. Good luck though, I'm sticking with V3 Haha.

Btw, I've been tight marking the MR/ML and AMR/AML every game on the OI's. That may help explain the 22 clean sheets in League 1, although I think it was pretty tight already

NO!

Just an alternative when you go a man down :P

i'll try those OI's, cheers!

I think the newer version is slightly better(based on my results). Set pieces are slightly better, but i am yet to score from a corner... i might try what a user said before and look on strikerless.com and see if have more joy with those. I will let you know.

I was 2 wins off a Euro spot so my aim is Euro qualification this year.

Do you have any advice on selling players that are no longer wanted? I always just want rid and normally end up selling my players for 1/3 of their
Value so i can get the money quick to reinvest.

if there are a couple of clubs interested, let them bid and reject a few so that they raise their offers

if you're decreasing the asking price too much on someone and they have clubs interested, see if those clubs have anyone you might be interested to buy and offer them as part of the deal, usually works for me :)

Last edited:
i
if there are a couple of clubs interested, let them bid and reject a few so that they raise their offers

if you're decreasing the asking price too much on someone and they have clubs interested, see if those clubs have anyone you might be interested to buy and offer them as part of the deal, usually works for me :)

You also try offering them for loan with a purchase fee after 5 game splayed, works nicely ;)

Thanks for the info RE: transfers guys.

Had a good pre season. But Not had the best start to the season first game lost 6-1 to chelsea away. 1-1 Leicester home. Lost 4-1 vs arsenal away. ive changed training to Team cohesion to see of that helps as ive got 4-6 new first team players.

Some of the goals i have conceded are laughable, 2 own goals in chelsea game aswell as 2 other bizarre goals.

Will update...

Thanks for the info RE: transfers guys.

Had a good pre season. But Not had the best start to the season first game lost 6-1 to chelsea away. 1-1 Leicester home. Lost 4-1 vs arsenal away. ive changed training to Team cohesion to see of that helps as ive got 4-6 new first team players.

Some of the goals i have conceded are laughable, 2 own goals in chelsea game aswell as 2 other bizarre goals.

Will update...

those sort of mistakes have happened to me too at the beginning of seasons, teamwork training helps, although when managing underdog teams you will buckle under the pressure more often. you usually bouce back and when the team settles you are really hard to beat

Trying the latest version with Lazio at the moment. Early days and a bit of retraining needed but I think the makings of a good team.

Back