4132 - Strikerless Mayhem with a Solid Defence

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 763
  • Views Views 301K
Thanks!

I meant Tight Marking, not Closing Down!! Sorry - at work and (dangerously) going from memory as I cannot access the game :)

(I have symmetry OCD as well with tactics :D )

When in the tactics screen, there is an 'Opposition' section at the top, set the OIs there.
Then after you have submitted your team for a match, the second or third screen after that is OIs and they will show there if you have some preset (you may need to toggle from seeing players to positions - and you seem to need to do this once for Home games and once for Away games, and then they stay set)

ahahaha! :D cheers

feel pretty stupid now, i've been looking for it and its always been there but i only check on game days, where it doesnt appear coz of match preview :P

on a not so funny note, ross barkley just got injured 5 months :'(

you had mentioned that before. i understand where you're coming from, although i do hope you don't give up on us, we appreciate your insight even though SI might not :P

are you brazillian?

I'm italian/swedish, but also follow brazilian football :)

I think SI have gradually lost their connection with fan base in last years. I'm not happy with how the game is evolving, and with how feedback is regularly ignored. FWIW 'winning' is the last of my problems. I can't remember the last time I've played a league without winning it. Maybe Championship Manager 2001. This is how my newly promoted Fortaleza side did in second division (Brazil).

View attachment 116610

I'm italian/swedish, but also follow brazilian football :)

I think SI have gradually lost their connection with fan base in last years. I'm not happy with how the game is evolving, and with how feedback is regularly ignored. FWIW 'winning' is the last of my problems. I can't remember the last time I've played a league without winning it. Maybe Championship Manager 2001. This is how my newly promoted Fortaleza side did in second division (Brazil).

View attachment 1090686

those are some pretty asewome results

but you probably used strikers so it shouldnt count :P

i asked if you weere brazillian coz i see you regularly play lower leagues in brazil, and coz im portuguese

View attachment 116579View attachment 116578
View attachment 116576View attachment 116577

pretty amazed at how we are pushing on, just went top of the league!

won 17 out of our last 19 games, losing away to chelsea unfairly with a long range beauty from draxler and drawing away to leicester 2-2 with both their goals coming from penalties :@

had to play newly bought naby keita in that game due to some injuries and he scored on his debut, only to commit both penalties afterwards lol

but we bounced back supperbly with a win over united

View attachment 116574

also thrashed spurs away 4-0 for the efl cup semi final

View attachment 116573

especially pleased as lately we have been without quite a few of our key players in onomah, will hughes and ross barkley

i prefer the enganche as they don't dribble and seem to be much more objective on the ball (less stupid decisions), they also combine very well together.

role suitability is important though, so i'm not sure what i would do. just need to test it out

A completely unscientific sample size, but I just got home from work and before I have to go out again I reloaded on old save to test. Played 1 game, away from home against a team I drew with last time and played both my AMCs as Enganche's (both have just 1 red bar for role/duty suitability) and we won 4-0, 2 goals for 1 AMC and 1 for another.

I'll try not to set my expectations too high when I get to play properly tonight, but things look good (H)

this new version im using now is very similar to v3 flex, changes are:

SS to EG

CWB's to WB's attack

DM to defend

updated set-pieces

View attachment 1090725

also using OI's by setting opposition wingers to being tightly marked

The OI's making a difference for you then mate? :)

Here is a quick update of how pre season went, the transfers i made and the start Rochdale have made to life in the Championship.

View attachment 116554 View attachment 116551
View attachment 116553 View attachment 116552
View attachment 116550

So excited to see how Felix Duru progresses. He failed his WP, but thought he was worth the gamble. Already getting caps for U21 and seems to be progressing quickly at NYCFC.
Semi Ajayi i sent out on loan and is killing it at Bradford so far. Thinking of recalling him in January already.

which tactic did you use ?
Training / oi

Your latest tactic
View attachment 116534

View attachment 1090776View attachment 1090777

quick update, just lost the efl fiinal to man city after extra time where we definately deserved better luck, but we are still going strong in the league and are challenging for the tittle our first season up so im still pretty chuffed :)

View attachment 1090778

edit: i've now lost my 2 best players to injury for 9 months combined, first barkley now berahino :'(

Last edited:
which tactic did you use ?
Training / oi

Your latest tactic
View attachment 1090781

View attachment 116532

fitness and tactics for a couple of months and then ball control and teamwork

set opposition wingers to be tightly marked with OI's

also use individual training to better suit your players to their positions and get an assistant manager with determination, motivating and level of discipline attrinutes to help with team talks that are massively important

the two games i drew against arsenal 3-3 and liverpool 4-4 i was winning 3-0 and 3-1 respectively at half time and it all came down to poor team talks

use your more explosive players on the wings and your more technical passing players as EG and train the finishing of all these players, use PPM's such as place shots too

when you build a lead you can also change your WB's to support as it is usually the only place the opposition will find space

if you feel the need to change to counter or attack, both have worked for me too in specific situations

View attachment 1090783

also use individual training to better suit your players to their positions and get an assistant manager with determination, motivating and level of discipline attrinutes to help with team talks that are massively important

When doing the team talks, at half time give an overall team talk. Then do the following for a draw, 1 or 2 goal lead.

Defenders - Assertively - You are playing well but can improve.
Midfielders - Same
Forwards - Same.

watch your team talk have the positive effect required

Back