Tried this a bit more with Toronto and it's solid defensively as well as efficient offensively. Goal scoring is very well balanced though in my experience slightly biased towards WM's, which doesn't fit well with my strong dislike for wingers :p

It really is a great tactic but after FM 16 I owe to myself to play a formation without wingers XD

Easily best tactic i have used and i have used about 20 of the top tactics on here i have only used it with a big club so far hopefully it is good with lower teams
Cheers dude! Post some screenshots of your results if you can :)

As soon as I get time im gonna start a new test save, probably with a weaker team

Enviado do meu SM-G850F através de Tapatalk

halfway through first season with burnley currently 9th, obviously punching above our weight as evens to go down happy days so far
finished 6th epic result great tactic
Awesome! :D

Would love to see some screenies of that achievement!

Also i'd like to pick your brain on the main positives and negatives of using the tactic as an underdog

Tried this a bit more with Toronto and it's solid defensively as well as efficient offensively. Goal scoring is very well balanced though in my experience slightly biased towards WM's, which doesn't fit well with my strong dislike for wingers :p

It really is a great tactic but after FM 16 I owe to myself to play a formation without wingers XD
Cheers kandersson :)

Just gave me an ideia for a next project, a strikerless wingerless tactic :p

Might be hard to have the same kind of results, since Wide Midfielders are awesome on FM17. Much more than Shadow Strikers (who are already awesome), anyway ^^

Trying this out in the lower leagues with Cheltenham Town.

Media prediction is 24th.

Not going bad...... although you have to be patient because I was pretty much win 1 lose 1 all the way to the end of November but now starting to win a few on the bounce.

View attachment 117857
View attachment 117856

Trying this out in the lower leagues with Cheltenham Town.

Media prediction is 24th.

Not going bad...... although you have to be patient because I was pretty much win 1 lose 1 all the way to the end of November but now starting to win a few on the bounce.

View attachment 1089129
View attachment 1089130

that's looking very promissing indeed!

from my experience the first quarter to third of the season is always the less solid. mostly from building fluidity and players becoming accomplished at potential new positons.

with weaker teams the differential is obviously higher, so where with a stronger team you might only win some games by a goal or draw a few during this period, you end up losing more of these tighter games than you would normally.

but as soon as it all comes together you have a pretty tough team to beat than can be very dangerous :)

Absolutely sensational tactic.

Using Atletico Madrid and absolutely stomping on teams.

I retrained Gameiro to AMC and using him as my Shadow Striker and he's dominating alongside Griezmann. Gaitan is probably the star of the team in the LM position though.

Only 2 shock defeats in the league to weak teams (play kids at your own peril!)

Best thing about the tactic is the way goals come from all 5 attacking roles, each with over 15 goals for the season.

e9b26fdad941a7f659f39619a07db1c9.png

21d689f0a84d8ceb37c66ee0b0f2c260.png

436521ffbc8466742c538720a25d86ba.png

The best part of the tactic is that I always fight for the points. Even if we are 1 down there is a big chance we are going to get back into the game. And I also like the way the ball is quickly moved across the field. No sleeping around player. And there is a hidden treasure in it. After the tactic was fluid, I changed Match Preparation to Defensive movement. And for the first time in years games where the opp has no shot happen quite often.

Currently using this tactic (v3) in a slightly modified format in Wales where the player level is terrible :p
Due to the level of players I made a couple of tweaks
* The Complete Wing Backs are now just Full Backs on Support with no changes to the individual instructions (the players at this level could not carry out the CWB role well, and we were getting hit on the counter with them out of position)
* The DM is a Defensive Midfielder on Defend with default settings (I do not like roles where Hard Tacking is hard wired and cannot be turned off - this provides additional cover). Ideally, if I get the right player I would like this to be a DLP on defend, with the passing set to longer and the Tries Killer Ball trait, to try and get more of the balls over the top for the SS's to run onto.

Anyone can help me? I'm using Roma, I have sold El Shaarawy and Dzeko, and I have bought Correa and Bazoer.. Anyone can help me for the team for play?

I ended up finishing 3rd in La Liga with Bilbao, and winning the Europa League. I modified the tactic slightly.

fslZi2l.png

cjnM6RT.png

aCyGKsA.png

Bl4t1dm.png

If I felt I wasn't keeping possession, I would just change to counter and often that helped. Otherwise, the same TI.

What's the general consensus on match prep for this tactic?

What's the general consensus on match prep for this tactic?

I go for defensive positioning as I am managing Cheltenham Town so need as much help at the back as possible?

I ended up finishing 3rd in La Liga with Bilbao, and winning the Europa League. I modified the tactic slightly.

If I felt I wasn't keeping possession, I would just change to counter and often that helped. Otherwise, the same TI.

What was your reasoning on the tweeks to the midfield?

I wanted more stability overall and it suited my players more, I had more defensive style midfielders or deep play maker types. I have played a lot of 442 in the past and at essence, this was just a 442 in style, so I wanted to make it more consistent for me. I gave the second DM-S the same PI as the CM role and it works largely the same, though the DM doesn't score nearly as much as the CM would, but I have a lot more possession and break up a lot of counters, which are what killed me before.

I wanted more stability overall and it suited my players more, I had more defensive style midfielders or deep play maker types. I have played a lot of 442 in the past and at essence, this was just a 442 in style, so I wanted to make it more consistent for me. I gave the second DM-S the same PI as the CM role and it works largely the same, though the DM doesn't score nearly as much as the CM would, but I have a lot more possession and break up a lot of counters, which are what killed me before.

Makes sense, nice adjustment. I temporarily tried making one of the SS a AF to see if he would get more goals being more advanced and be on the end of more crosses etc but it didn't work and his match ratings plummeted.

Anyone can help me? I'm using Roma, I have sold El Shaarawy and Dzeko, and I have bought Correa and Bazoer.. Anyone can help me for the team for play?

what exactly do you need help with mate? just potential signings?