4231 - Giving The Match Engine A Bit Of It's Own Medicine

well i already got some top Regens in my PSV save and the onley familier with CM position an not the DM position thats the point
I see, I bought a guy that only played cm and retrained him as dm and he is kill it. All depends on the player versatility.

I took Aachen, German regional league team up 4 leagues. Being newbie of the Bundesliga, expectation is 17th (second to last), I finished the season at 5th, just missing out on the champions league of 1st year in the top division.

Can you tell us which positions must be invested heavily? I bought few DM and I think the fullbacks will be replaced also.

How did it go? Can use that as a plug and play for all matches?
Only manage a couple of friendlies last night, because I wasted my time watching the Man U game last night! :'(

But will give it a proper go tonight, hopefully.

Last edited:
I took Aachen, German regional league team up 4 leagues. Being newbie of the Bundesliga, expectation is 17th (second to last), I finished the season at 5th, just missing out on the champions league of 1st year in the top division.

Can you tell us which positions must be invested heavily? I bought few DM and I think the fullbacks will be replaced also.
AT IS GREAT GOING! Thanks for the update.

I would say as always...DEFENSE (positioning and anticipation) is big in this years FM for Defenders and a AM with good passing and vision.

Is opposition instructions crucial to this tactic or just leave it as no instructions?

Is opposition instructions crucial to this tactic or just leave it as no instructions?
I personally, dont use any. Never got the hang of it. Dont really know how important it is in this years FM, but for now I dont use it.

playing with liverpool first season. sold lucas, brought bender.

Modest tactic, I don't know how others have success. Lots of draes, lots of red cards. Giving up !

View attachment 448288

playing with liverpool first season. sold lucas, brought bender.

Modest tactic, I don't know how others have success. Lots of draes, lots of red cards. Giving up !

View attachment 433581
Sorry to hear that it is not working for you.

Can you post a screen of your squad. See if I can help you. But with the likes of Saurez, Moses, Sturridge and Gerrard, you should be killing it.

useing this with liverpool can only win with attacking training and i find that i can win at home easy but a good way to succeed away from home is to put counter attack on instead off attacking :)

useing this with liverpool can only win with attacking training and i find that i can win at home easy but a good way to succeed away from home is to put counter attack on instead off attacking :)
Thanks for the tips. You can also try "stick to position" as CircaShikari suggested.

Will this work if you advance one of the DCM to a CM?
As I play with AC Milan, and there I have a few decent CM (like Montolivo) but when I play with 2 CM I don't succeed in winning games :(

Will this work if you advance one of the DCM to a CM?
As I play with AC Milan, and there I have a few decent CM (like Montolivo) but when I play with 2 CM I don't succeed in winning games :(
I would retrain the CM into DM if you can. Moving the one DM up with make holes in the tactic.

Right, and what do you use in Teamtactics? Play wide? Keep possession of the ball? ect?
You use lots of player tactics?

I would be really greatful if you could give me some nice tips so I can beat my friends ;o

Right, and what do you use in Teamtactics? Play wide? Keep possession of the ball? ect?
You use lots of player tactics?

I would be really greatful if you could give me some nice tips so I can beat my friends ;o
Here is my team instructions:
View attachment 448285

Now with AC Milan (I would) play it like this:
GK: Abbiati
DR: Abate
DC: Zaccorda
DC: Mexes / Zapata
DL: Constant / De Scigolio
DMR: De Jong / Montolivo (retrain)
DML: Nocerino / Muntari
WR: El Shaarawy
WL: Robinho
AM: Kaka
ST: Balotelli / Matri

I would strengthen your Wingers and AM.

mate, it looks like you are going amazing. Did you changed anything on tactic or?? just as the original and if its possible can you post your squad?

Hi mate, nope, didn't change a thing with the tactic. The only alteration i made was to corners - went with Jassar's attack and defend set ups he was looking at on his thread.

Still looking for a decent attacking free kick set up if anyone has one???

When i build a squad in FM i always like to keep it to 22 players so i have 2 for each position on the pitch. The amazing thing about this tactic is that all the cup games you see are with my 2nd XI.

1ST XI
View attachment 448281

2ND XI
View attachment 448280

Got these teams with a net spend of ?30m over the 3 seasons i've been playing - not bad...

Also, for those interested, current progress:

View attachment 448278View attachment 448277View attachment 448276