4231 - Giving The Match Engine A Bit Of It's Own Medicine

Thanks mate !
Do I need to change anything in training? Or is this only a detail?
You would play Zaccardo? Any reason why you prefer him to Zapata/Silvestre?
Yeah I think my AM and wings are rather poor ...
I am wondering what role you use for your striker?

Hi mate, nope, didn't change a thing with the tactic. The only alteration i made was to corners - went with Jassar's attack and defend set ups he was looking at on his thread.

Still looking for a decent attacking free kick set up if anyone has one???

When i build a squad in FM i always like to keep it to 22 players so i have 2 for each position on the pitch. The amazing thing about this tactic is that all the cup games you see are with my 2nd XI.

1ST XI
View attachment 433600

2ND XI
View attachment 433602

Got these teams with a net spend of ?30m over the 3 seasons i've been playing - not bad...

Also, for those interested, current progress:

View attachment 433604View attachment 433605View attachment 433606
Like the fact that there is no red dots in the fixture list. :D

Thanks mate !
Do I need to change anything in training? Or is this only a detail?
You would play Zaccardo? Any reason why you prefer him to Zapata/Silvestre?
Yeah I think my AM and wings are rather poor ...
I am wondering what role you use for your striker?
That was just quickly of the top of my head that I named that team. You can always play around with your CD pairing.

For then ST I use a Advance Forward role.

after 1 season, doesn't work as well in 2nd season anymore......

Still having great results? The tactics was okaj for me at first, though defensive it tends to be weak. But maybe that is because of the corners, which seem to almost always deliver a goal FOR MY OPPONENT... This sucks, lol.

Will try a bit more later on, I've had great results with your tactics in the past. Hoping to relive those days :)

Update on tactic. Won the EPL, Champions League in first sseason with this. Second season going better :). Will load results as soon as soon as I learn how too...this is a VERY good tactic. I would recomend sticking with it for those who have not seen instant results.

I'll give this tactic a chance with my "not-winning-too-much-anymore" Oxford City that I've brought from Skrill North in 2013 up to Premier in 2019.

Team is 95% newgens + Adryan (from Flamengo), mostly.

Last edited:
In my Swansea Career I was 19th in the prem and with no win in 9 but managed to finish 3rd in the prem, win the Euro Cup and go on a 33 game undefeated run which is still going on now in my second season

In my Swansea Career I was 19th in the prem and with no win in 9 but managed to finish 3rd in the prem, win the Euro Cup and go on a 33 game undefeated run which is still going on now in my second season
Well done mate, GREAT results.

Thanks for the update.

View attachment 436442View attachment 436444View attachment 436446
This I how my team is doing in the first season in the Premier League.

Should have been 8 points better of but my team doesn't know how to close off games. :(

Going to start a new game with some minor PL club. Probably Aston Villa, or West Ham Utd. My goal will be to win the CL, with a fully English nationality team (like I did with PSV, but Dutch players). Any players you would advise me to buy? Or rather, players I should buy?

You can name archtypes, like Aaron Lennon (pacey, but less accurate cross) or Stuart Downing (less speed, better cross).

Thanks.

Going to start a new game with some minor PL club. Probably Aston Villa, or West Ham Utd. My goal will be to win the CL, with a fully English nationality team (like I did with PSV, but Dutch players). Any players you would advise me to buy? Or rather, players I should buy?

You can name archtypes, like Aaron Lennon (pacey, but less accurate cross) or Stuart Downing (less speed, better cross).

Thanks.

Probably a few obvious ones but since I'm guessing it'll take a while I'd suggest; Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Saido Berahino, Gary Gardner, Will Hughes, Nathan Redmond, Patrick Roberts...

I haven't seen how all of these turn out but I still think they'll do well in a couple of years while you build up to the CL

Last edited: