Just amazing

I give a try to your 4-2-4 and it's really amazing.
As if i'm playing with a top dog the results are unbelievable and the tactic is not know totally yet !!
Very good job thanks a lotView attachment 27541

Sorry for the lack of replies recently, I'll try to catch up :p

First thing, thanks for all the good words ♥ It is deeply appreciated !

I've been trying a few stuff on the 19.2 beta that comes with a patched Match Engine. If it's not fixed, the new corner routine would be to play it short ;) and it works wonders :D

So far in 19.2, the throw ins are actually even stronger :p I've reported it again but idk if they will change it before release.

Tactics are compatibles from FM to FMT, you just have to put the file in your FMT folder ;)

What's the reasoning behind the question ? If it's just because the game tells you your defenders are better suited to play CD rather than BPD, don't pay too much attention to that :p it is only an indication. Roles suited to your tactic prevails over roles suited to your players (in this instance anyway).

Can you manage to pinpoint what isn't working exactly ?

The roles & positionning setups are forcing players to play fast tempo & direct passes game. Setting it up to lower tempo/shorter passes serves to hinder that fact. It still plays out super fast counters with long balls :)

i don’t own a laptop or computer, so I can’t ‘put in my FMT folder’

Away games

I'm having great success with this tactic at home, regularly beating top teams without them even getting a shot on target. Away games however I am struggling greatly, losing to Burnley as Arsenal 3-2 among others. Do you have any suggested tweaks for away games? Cheers.

I'm having great success with this tactic at home, regularly beating top teams without them even getting a shot on target. Away games however I am struggling greatly, losing to Burnley as Arsenal 3-2 among others. Do you have any suggested tweaks for away games? Cheers.

which tactic you using?

For the set pieces, corners are the right hand side volante, any recommendation for the freekicks and throw ins?

I am really struggling with the corners. Nothing comes from them and the opposition then break away on the attack.

I'm finding the TTF throw in's in conjunction with the lightening bolt to be absolutely sublime. For some reason not getting much joy out of the corners though.

I'm finding the TTF throw in's in conjunction with the lightening bolt to be absolutely sublime. For some reason not getting much joy out of the corners though.
Please can you upload you version with the throw ins? Can't seem to find details of this exploit anywhere thanks

Please can you upload you version with the throw ins? Can't seem to find details of this exploit anywhere thanks

Here's Guru's lightening bolt and TFF's long throws. All credit to them both, zero credit to me. Just uploading as requested.

Used with Inter. Won the league finished unbeaten. Lost in italian cup final and got unlucky in UCL and got knocked out in last 16

before the last update, this tactic was a diablo. however after the update, even the new tactics are not working as usual. corner routines are even worse. the result are far from being consistent.

thanks for the previous tactic Drugenjunky. It was a pleasure to watch my players passing, scoring etc. but now, simply it is not working.

Here's Guru's lightening bolt and TFF's long throws. All credit to them both, zero credit to me. Just uploading as requested.
Is that the 19.2 one with throw-ins?

EDIT: Anyone with an alternative to short corners? Haven't been close to scoring one in over 30 games (!)

Last edited:
Evening. @drugenjunky hope it's ok to post a tweak.

It's a 442 (ish) tweak of the 424.

Firstly, absolutely zero credit to me and all to the OP, I've just tweaked slightly. I'll say I haven't tested it extensively, but after playing around in a test save for a bit am currently P11 W10 D1 (GD +26) in my first season at Leeds in the Championship.

No OI and playing matches in FMT 19.2

The idea was to try and get Wide Playmakers in as I find them very good, they are defensively more stable than attacking wingers or Inverted wingers and I like converting central midfielders / more creative types. They also encourage great overlaps.

I also removed counter press as I found we were getting pulled out of shape and leaving huge gaps when we lost the ball.

I think it plays some nice football - again all credit to OP

Note: I've returned attacking corners to default (so no exploit at the moment) as I got sick of conceding goals on the counter attack - so please add your own.

EDIT: Just played another game (I know it's only 1 game, but Brentford are a decent side - No goals from corners for me).

View attachment 27313

Last edited:
The new patch has really ruined this tactic, works quite alright vs weaker teams. Against tougher opponents you get your *** handed to you most of the times unfortunately