442 The Iron Ones (updated) by Roncerno and Malte722

You have had some really amazing results, and a lot of that will be towards good man management, team talks and match prep. The tactic can certainly score goals, and keep decent possession, I just fell that it could be a bit better defensively, and I hope you manage to crack it :) I have tried most tactics for this FM, and haven't really found any that has a good balance of attack and defence, but you tactic is certainly close to that.

You have had some really amazing results, and a lot of that will be towards good man management, team talks and match prep. The tactic can certainly score goals, and keep decent possession, I just fell that it could be a bit better defensively, and I hope you manage to crack it :) I have tried most tactics for this FM, and haven't really found any that has a good balance of attack and defence, but you tactic is certainly close to that.

Thx.. yes, i want it to be more solid too, im going to do a little research and see what i can do to actually make it more solid in the back... its very difficult..but i will give it a go tonight actually

Started using this tactic but I'd like to know which types of players you'd suggest for both CM slots, like examples please?

Good luck, this is a good tactic, and i'm sure you will manage to improve it.

I will.. going to make it more solid now.. going to make it right now (atleast try).. change a couple of things :)

Good luck malte, i'm going to take a little break today from FM, been using your tactic with Porto all day, 3/4 through the season! Will wait till you release an update to this and see if it improves my defence, and will post up pictures ;)

Guys which version is the best? i'm a bit confused :/

Im working on the best version now and the last (hopefully)...some minor defensive tweaks

will delete the others after im done

thanks for all malte and good luck, I'm sure you will find all the solutions :)

malte722 can i see you screnshot traning?
i think that training is just individual for everyone and it don't have too much influence on tactic;). my recommend is:

individual on high for everyone (individual set with this guide: FM13 Individual Training Guide), general trainig BALANCED light with 20% match training which u should adjust to ur opponent,
i always use attack with weak teams, with good teams defend and with extremely good teams attacking set pieces.

and it's working like a harm, almost everybody have average, almost nobody is unhappy (maybe one or two players, cause they have also training in new position), and i have great progress in attributes, so.. try it if u want :).

Malte722 - one more thing m8, what pitch size are u using?

Last edited:
Can not understand which version is the last.... Any Help ??!!

All right. Now I have changed tactics. It is more defensive now. I changed the mentality of the DC's. Tweaked their closing down a bit. I went back to the narrow style of play, as it affected the defensive. I also have the central midfielders that help with defensively. It works very well right now and I do not think attacking game has been affected negatively.

THIS IS THE _LAST_ ONE..

download: View attachment 365877

View attachment 365879

good luck everyone....!!!!! :) will edit op as well