5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

if we get a red card what we should do with your tactic ? :p

Only 30 mill so hoping the tactic works wonders again!!!

Wow wouldn’t have expected that much to be honest, decent that! Could get some decent players in with that. I’m intrigued by what others do – when you buy a player do you pay about a third up front then the balance two thirds in instalments to save paying all in one go therefore leaving you with funds to buy others? Works a treat for me doing that! Keep me updated mate!!

I have no had a chance to test it yet mate! Being at sea its a bit hard at times. Just been promoted to the SPL with my Peterhead side 3rd season so may try it for them if I get time (I have both my laptop and Tablet with FM18 with me, yes I am that addicted lol)

Sounds good would definitely give it a go!! I have a save on the go as Celtic (I know it’s completely different to Peterhead) but Griffiths and Dembele were tearing the league up using this tactic! Keep me updated mate. Haha love it, ideal time to be playing it! Can’t believe work is trying to get in the way of your addition!! Haha good luck!

Unbelievable achievement mate well done! Any big signings or stuck with original core? I don’t know the Udinese squad but looked at your squad list and not sure who plays them for and who you’ve signed. Very impressive mate well done keep it up!!!

if we get a red card what we should do with your tactic ? :p

I personally think it’s important to keep the 3 centre backs and 2 strikers on the field at all times, so if anyone gets sent off I take off the shadow striker. If another one gets sent off I’d take off a striker. Hopefully at this point you’ll be winning comfortably anyway!! Has your Chelsea save improved mate?

I personally think it’s important to keep the 3 centre backs and 2 strikers on the field at all times, so if anyone gets sent off I take off the shadow striker. If another one gets sent off I’d take off a striker. Hopefully at this point you’ll be winning comfortably anyway!! Has your Chelsea save improved mate?

I am playing the 2nd season with FCSB at this moment ( Romanian team ) We just qualified in UCL Group stages after doing 6-6 vs liverpool ( won at away goals ) .. we got a hard group with bayern/man city/basel.. we lost vs bayern 3-1 , in league nobody can beat us :) It's very hard to beat bayern.. my players understood the tactic very well and i set every player individual training.

I am playing the 2nd season with FCSB at this moment ( Romanian team ) We just qualified in UCL Group stages after doing 6-6 vs liverpool ( won at away goals ) .. we got a hard group with bayern/man city/basel.. we lost vs bayern 3-1 , in league nobody can beat us :) It's very hard to beat bayern.. my players understood the tactic very well and i set every player individual training.

Good stuff mate. Great effort putting Liverpool out, you would definitely be the underdog there wouldn't you :) Very tough group, I'd be aiming for 3rd spot in that group minimum and hope you can pull off some great shocks! Good luck mate :)

So I finally finished my first season with Stoke City and wanted to post my observations for this pretty great tactic!

This is my experience I played every game, no instant result, no fitness coach or anything. I used the tactic in a standard game so some of the data is obviously going to be skewed by decisions I made, but I didn't touch the tactic once to make it a real test of it.

I finished 5th in the league, with most goals scored:

View attachment 75723View attachment 75722

The season started fantastically well winning 8 out of 9, before hitting a rough patch which never recovered in to the early season form, this is where I started to encounter the first limitation I found with the tactic, playing against deep defending teams. I think my squad didn't help I had pacey strikers in abundance but no real battering ram to throw on, I could exploit space easily but it wasn't there, this can be seen easily in going out against Burton in the cup.

I came up against the big teams did ok at home but away from home I was battered in every game, if you're not a big team then this tactics needs adjusting if you're playing away as the underdog.

The high intensity really did seem to take its toll on my squad, with so many injuries, if it wasn't for these I think I could have really challenged for the title, Berahino missed almost half the season and I never really got a settled side until the end of the season when games were less frequent, so injuries were reduced.

View attachment 75718View attachment 75717

The team did overperform through the season, mainly due to the tactic as I don't claim to be any sort of genius in the game.

There were obvious issues though apart from the the big teams away performances as mentioned above:
  • Player in the shadow striker position was basically a passenger most games Jese, Ramadan Sobhi and Afellay were poor with average ratings for the season of 6.71 to 6.87 at best. They just seemed to be there not really influencing anything. Again maybe not got the right player for the role but it definitely seems like a weakness in the tactic
  • Vulnerable to a decent inside forward - Hazard, Salah, Mane, Martial, Boufal, Knockaert, Mahrez, Sanchez, Jose Izquierdo all had a party. I think it could be due to the wing-back player instructions affecting how they mark these players, giving them too much room, and a lack of defensive support for our wingbacks, they're often so isolated leading to the point below
  • Vulnerable to attacking combinations on flanks - wing back is always isolated in a 2-on-1 situation if the opponents have attacking full backs, again there seems to be no cover being provided by the midfielders
  • Goals from crosses to back post - most goals were conceded from one winger crossing to the other winger on the back post, CBs don't seem to pick this up after the WBs let a player go
The tactic in most games though was great, would have probably done better if I had tried to shut up shop when leading but wanted to see how the tactic really coped. It obviously works though since it got Joe Allen a £35m move to Chelsea! Choupo-Moting scored a surprising number of goals, Berahino was sensational when fit, Santi Mina was hit and miss but Luciano Vietto was insane but again only when he wasn't injured! Granit Xhaka settled really well as the CM (S) replacing Allen for £25m, Sturaro was great in the CM (.A.) when he could bully the other team.

CBs were always pretty solid, Zouma is an absolute speed demon and aerial monster, Wimmer was great with his distribution and Martins Indi was superb on the left and scored 5 goals so definitely this spot for your best finishing defender. The ability to pass is necessary though for the CBs Shawcross and Cameron were both poor there.

View attachment 75709 View attachment 75702View attachment 75701View attachment 75699View attachment 75697View attachment 75695

This tactic is an amazing basis for any team to play, going forward I'm going to try tweaking it to perform better against the big sides and bring in players that can help change a game.

Definitely a thumbs up for DanielKing97 and his hard work!

Last edited:
So I finally finished my first season with Stoke City and wanted to post my observations for this pretty great tactic!

This is my experience I played every game, no instant result, no fitness coach or anything. I used the tactic in a standard game so some of the data is obviously going to be skewed by decisions I made, but I didn't touch the tactic once to make it a real test of it.

I finished 5th in the league, with most goals scored:

View attachment 1136516View attachment 1136517

The season started fantastically well winning 8 out of 9, before hitting a rough patch which never recovered in to the early season form, this is where I started to encounter the first limitation I found with the tactic, playing against deep defending teams. I think my squad didn't help I had pacey strikers in abundance but no real battering ram to throw on, I could exploit space easily but it wasn't there, this can be seen easily in going out against Burton in the cup.

I came up against the big teams did ok at home but away from home I was battered in every game, if you're not a big team then this tactics needs adjusting if you're playing away as the underdog.

The high intensity really did seem to take its toll on my squad, with so many injuries, if it wasn't for these I think I could have really challenged for the title, Berahino missed almost half the season and I never really got a settled side until the end of the season when games were less frequent, so injuries were reduced.

View attachment 1136524View attachment 1136525

The team did overperform through the season, mainly due to the tactic as I don't claim to be any sort of genius in the game.

There were obvious issues though apart from the the big teams away performances as mentioned above:
  • Player in the shadow striker position was basically a passenger most games Jese, Ramadan Sobhi and Afellay were poor with average ratings for the season of 6.71 to 6.87 at best. They just seemed to be there not really influencing anything. Again maybe not got the right player for the role but it definitely seems like a weakness in the tactic
  • Vulnerable to a decent inside forward - Hazard, Salah, Mane, Martial, Boufal, Knockaert, Mahrez, Sanchez, Jose Izquierdo all had a party. I think it could be due to the wing-back player instructions affecting how they mark these players, giving them too much room, and a lack of defensive support for our wingbacks, they're often so isolated leading to the point below
  • Vulnerable to attacking combinations on flanks - wing back is always isolated in a 2-on-1 situation if the opponents have attacking full backs, again there seems to be no cover being provided by the midfielders
  • Goals from crosses to back post - most goals were conceded from one winger crossing to the other winger on the back post, CBs don't seem to pick this up after the WBs let a player go
The tactic in most games though was great, would have probably done better if I had tried to shut up shop when leading but wanted to see how the tactic really coped. It obviously works though since it got Joe Allen a £35m move to Chelsea! Choupo-Moting scored a surprising number of goals, Berahino was sensational when fit, Santi Mina was hit and miss but Luciano Vietto was insane but again only when he wasn't injured! Granit Xhaka settled really well as the CM (S) replacing Allen for £25m, Sturaro was great in the CM (.A.) when he could bully the other team.

CBs were always pretty solid, Zouma is an absolute speed demon and aerial monster, Wimmer was great with his distribution and Martins Indi was superb on the left and scored 5 goals so definitely this spot for your best finishing defender. The ability to pass is necessary though for the CBs Shawcross and Cameron were both poor there.

View attachment 1136541 View attachment 1136548View attachment 1136549View attachment 1136551View attachment 1136553View attachment 1136558

This tactic is an amazing basis for any team to play, going forward I'm going to try tweaking it to perform better against the big sides and bring in players that can help change a game.

Definitely a thumbs up for DanielKing97 and his hard work!

Superb feedback mate, really appreciate the time you've taken to use / review it!! Overall a decent season I'd say, if you'd have said pre season in real life Stoke would finish 5th they'd be delighted!! Great to see you scored most goals in the league!! But agree with what you say about playing away vs the bigger teams. I've been to scared to attempt to "tweak" the tactic for those games in case i ruin it completely haha! On my Everton save I finished 3rd, 1 point off top, tough to think id i did tweak it on a tough away fixture to get 1 point, twice I'd have won it, so if you do improve the tactic please let me know I'd be more than happy to give it a go! Can tell you've put the time into it because throughout my time of using it I do agree regarding the Shadow Striker. I've had Christian Eriksen, David / Bernardo Silva , Sigurdsson in the role for example and they've not been outstanding. Currently carrying on the Celtic save and have changed it to Advanced Playmaker to see if that makes a difference. Again if you find a way of improving it I'd be delighted to give it a go as I do agree with what you say! Overall I'd say it's great so see lots of goals scored regardless of what team you are, the fact strikers are scoring bagfuls is great! But playing away vs the big teams this tactic could do with being improved I agree. Really do appreciate the time you've put in to it mate, spot on feedback!

Still going strong with my Liverpool Save

Superb form mate! How did you do first season? Dembele and Dybala, great combination haha!! What did you do with Salah/Mane/Firminho/Coutinho mate? I want to try this with Liverpool but unsure how you'd fit them all in haha. Where did you train them to play? Keep me updated mate, great start!

Sounds good would definitely give it a go!! I have a save on the go as Celtic (I know it’s completely different to Peterhead) but Griffiths and Dembele were tearing the league up using this tactic! Keep me updated mate. Haha love it, ideal time to be playing it! Can’t believe work is trying to get in the way of your addition!! Haha good luck!
I got a few hours play last night. I have arranged friendly against smaller clubs to build moral and familiarity. I reckon it will be a while before I get to that game as I have major rebuilding to do.

On a plus note, half way through the previous season the board was taken over, and getting to the semis of the Scottish cup I have a fair amount of cash in the bank. I'll no lie, I'm getting excited about the next season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Doing well with chelsea.. but so many red cards. in every match , one defender , one midfielder.. and then we are losing matches :(

I got a few hours play last night. I have arranged friendly against smaller clubs to build moral and familiarity. I reckon it will be a while before I get to that game as I have major rebuilding to do.

On a plus note, half way through the previous season the board was taken over, and getting to the semis of the Scottish cup I have a fair amount of cash in the bank. I'll no lie, I'm getting excited about the next season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sounds good mate, hopefully it's a great season for you :)

Doing well with chelsea.. but so many red cards. in every match , one defender , one midfielder.. and then we are losing matches :(

May be worth tweaking it a bit mate? Perhaps take off the "Get stuck in" team instruction and maybe put on the "Stay on feet"? Would imagine that would help a lot but then would imagine you wouldn't tackle the opposion as much. Hopefully it works for you :)

Hi,

decided to do a challenging save using your tactic as with man utd I used it along side another tactic and season wasn't a fair review of the tactic. all I can say is so far I'm very impressed you have done great work with this tactic.
the losses I had are actually very unlucky so far not had a single game I didn't dominate on.View attachment 75610