5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

So many shots but so many off goal. Anyone with the same problem?

Hi,

decided to do a challenging save using your tactic as with man utd I used it along side another tactic and season wasn't a fair review of the tactic. all I can say is so far I'm very impressed you have done great work with this tactic.
the losses I had are actually very unlucky so far not had a single game I didn't dominate on.View attachment 1136646

Thanks for feedback mate :) I'd imagine if you stuck with this tactic with Man United you'd dominate!! I've not tried it with them yet :) Glad to see it's going well with Brentford, I don't know much about them to be honest, where are they predicted? Keep me updated mate :)

So many shots but so many off goal. Anyone with the same problem?

It's a very attacking tactic mate so would expect the lots of shots happening :) What team are you? The team instructions are to "walk ball into box", so with that in mind if you have strikers with great finishing then you should be ok :) You can see from the comments lots of people have used it and are scoring lots!! Last night for example somone gave some superb in depth feedback on it, he finished 5th with Stoke but scored most in the league with Stoke. If you have a striker with decent finishing / composure you should be fine mate. Good luck.

Hi,

Any chance you can tell me what skin you are using?

Cheers

More than happy with the tactic.

It's by far the best i've used so far, and it has competition as there are a few good ones out there.

I took a look at Napoli and decided it was time to get them the Scudetto pinned to their shirts once again!

Had some very impressive results against Europe's elite.

Lost to AC in the Italian cup final though, sad about it.

I had a run where coinciding became a problem so i just shut up shop after earning a good lead. Red cards could be a sod if you aren't quick enough to ease off those hard tackles, lol

In January, i made a load of changes as some of the players received high transfer bid and wasn't playing amazing for me so i decided to let them go and bring in fresh faces. Smalling, Rojo i took a chance on as United are my regular save and always perform well for me.

All in all im very happy and wonder where i will go next.

P.S, Barca just finished 7th so gonna have a cheeky bid at getting the job, wish me luck!

PS Good job Sir!

Not sure if I’m doing anything wrong, or whether it’s FMT it doesn’t work as well

Ive started a game as Boro and after 7 game W2 D2 L3. I’ve suffered injuries to best attacking players but find the play to be pretty even without many shots, lots on long balls and mostly midfield battles

Not seen the counter attacks apart from first game. I’ve set all the PI to personalised.

Do you tend to have the same pattern of play? Is there anything I need to differently on FMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget that I had 3 team instructions wrong. Had offside trap off only closing down more and had set pass into space which will be the long ball issue

Not sure if I’m doing anything wrong, or whether it’s FMT it doesn’t work as well

Ive started a game as Boro and after 7 game W2 D2 L3. I’ve suffered injuries to best attacking players but find the play to be pretty even without many shots, lots on long balls and mostly midfield battles

Not seen the counter attacks apart from first game. I’ve set all the PI to personalised.

Do you tend to have the same pattern of play? Is there anything I need to differently on FMT.

Forget that I had 3 team instructions wrong. Had offside trap off only closing down more and had set pass into space which will be the long ball issue

Good stuff, hope it works for you :)

It matters if i use stuck in or stay on feet ? because after i get a red card ( that happens 1 time per match ) i concede very fast...

What foot do you prefer your strikers to have? Right foot on right side and left foot on left side or inverted?

I've been using a tweak of this tactic on my tests that has performed better than anything else. Better enough for me to decide to start my first proper save on FMT18. It doesn't make sense to upload it has it's as simple as this:
Push the right striker to the center position.
Push the SS to the right striker position.
Copy the left striker instructions to the right striker.
If anyone is interested try it.
I had this idea because: 1-this tactic is probably the best on the forum right now, 2-everybody complains about the SS not performing well, and 3-I read somewhere someone saying this year version has a real trouble coping with 3 strikers.
It's working really well for me.

It matters if i use stuck in or stay on feet ? because after i get a red card ( that happens 1 time per match ) i concede very fast...

If the sendings off are having such a bad effect I'd try tweak it mate yeah. The "get stuck in" would obviously mean you'd commit more fouls than the "stay on your feet" instruction :)

Last edited:
What foot do you prefer your strikers to have? Right foot on right side and left foot on left side or inverted?

Must admit mate it was only with Celtic I had a left and right footer up front but never paid much attention to what side they were on and they both scored 50+ each haha. Sorry I can't help mate let me know if it makes a difference though and I'll pay more attentin to it in future :)

Underdog:

First, let me tell you a bit about my Preston-save. I like to play with restrictions I make up for myself, and in this save I can only sign free players (bosman). No trades, no loans - only free transfers. This makes the game more challenging and fun for me, but it also means playing with players I normally would not consider buying (either out of position or of less quality than wanted).

Got promoted to PL, and in my first season I got a nice 13.place. BUT - this was with a different tactic. Changed to this tactic two days before the first game in season two in Premier League, so the tactic was not even fluid when I started playing games.

Results:
I ended up with a nice 6.place in Premier League. As you can see from my team the players who did this are mediocre PL-players at best. I mean.. Origi with 31 goals and 14 assists?? 34 year old Klavan playing all 38 PL-games? Cahill (34) and Piszczek (34) also playing over 30 PL games? Even got unlucky with a fair share of injuries, and had to use Angus Gunn in 13 PL-games. Please take a look at the most used players I got these results with.

I am sure this tactic is the best so far - and I have really tried them all.. Should work really, really well with good players, and as I have tried - works well with a true underdog.

View attachment 75551
View attachment 75549
Thanks to the uploader. You have made FM18 great again.

Last edited:
I've been using a tweak of this tactic on my tests that has performed better than anything else. Better enough for me to decide to start my first proper save on FMT18. It doesn't make sense to upload it has it's as simple as this:
Push the right striker to the center position.
Push the SS to the right striker position.
Copy the left striker instructions to the right striker.
If anyone is interested try it.
I had this idea because: 1-this tactic is probably the best on the forum right now, 2-everybody complains about the SS not performing well, and 3-I read somewhere someone saying this year version has a real trouble coping with 3 strikers.
It's working really well for me.

I appreciate the feedback mate thank you. All three of them Advanced Forward? Will give it a go myself. I have tried changing the Shadow Striker to Advanced Playmaker and it still hasn't made too much of a difference. What team are you currently trying it with?

Underdog:

First, let me tell you a bit about my Preston-save. I like to play with restrictions I make up for myself, and in this save I can only sign free players (bosman). No trades, no loans - only free transfers. This makes the game more challenging and fun for me, but it also means playing with players I normally would not consider buying (either out of position or of less quality than wanted).

Got promoted to PL, and in my first season I got a nice 13.place. BUT - this was with a different tactic. Changed to this tactic two days before the first game in season two in Premier League, so the tactic was not even fluid when I started playing games.

Results:
I ended up with a nice 6.place in Premier League. As you can see from my team the players who did this are mediocre PL-players at best. I mean.. Origi with 31 goals and 14 assists?? 34 year old Klavan playing all 38 PL-games? Cahill (34) and Piszczek (34) also playing over 30 PL games? Even got unlucky with a fair share of injuries, and had to use Angus Gunn in 13 PL-games. Please take a look at the most used players I got these results with.

I am sure this tactic is the best so far - and I have really tried them all.. Should work really, really well with good players, and as I have tried - works well with a true underdog.

View attachment 1136722
View attachment 1136724
Thanks to the uploader. You have made FM18 great again.

First of all that sounds a great challenge mate I've never thought of trying to do it with only signings players on a free :) The fact you've turned Preston into a European side is amazing mate, well done!! Glad my tactic has worked for you mate, will definitely try a similar challenge to yours in future :) Hope it carries on working well for you mate :)

Superb form mate! How did you do first season? Dembele and Dybala, great combination haha!! What did you do with Salah/Mane/Firminho/Coutinho mate? I want to try this with Liverpool but unsure how you'd fit them all in haha. Where did you train them to play? Keep me updated mate, great start!

first season i did not play this tactik
Mane does it very good up font.
Salah i try to get playing behind the 2 in front (Coutinho) play there and does a great job.
Frimino i sold to Napoli. many injuries

Sorry for my English Mate. Hard to write

If the sendings off are having such a bad effect I'd try tweak it mate yeah. The "get stuck in" would obviously mean you'd commit more fouls than the "stay on your feet" instruction :)

Also sub anyone with a yellow at 60mins

first season i did not play this tactik
Mane does it very good up font.
Salah i try to get playing behind the 2 in front (Coutinho) play there and does a great job.
Frimino i sold to Napoli. many injuries

Sorry for my English Mate. Hard to write

i use Rotation i cups. look at this. excellent

Thanks for the update mate :) Glad to see you're doing well with them! I may give this tactic a go with Liverpool! Glad to see it's working!!