5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

got eliminated at quarter final this year :( got so lucky last year with like 3 shoot 2 goal etc.I need to find one more good advanced forward regen only way do achieve things in turkey league XD

Ahh unlucky mate! I still think that’s a great achievement for your team! Keep me updated mate!

Can't understand one thing that it makes me so mad. I'm playing with Besiktas, i am dominating the league with this tactic but it does not work at CL matches against bigger teams, why is it like that?

Heya dude maybe i can answer about this.. i started to test this tactic from serie C italy with arzachena team (predicted last lol) and than get promoted to serie B..
Anyway i noticed that against big big teams (i mean serie A team like juventus) u can do it or motivating your players or PUTTING AWAY BRIEFING TACTICAL... i did and i get a draw vs juventus friendly.. 1-1)

Trust always your voice within....

It does not make sense because i tried it so the solution must be another option

Looking through the comments on this tactic, someone has said they have gone Bursaspor and you can see they have actually won the CL with this tactic!! I agree, mainly when you’re away vs the “better teams” it does not seem 100% consistent so it may be worth tweaking the tactic a little if you feel necessary. Perhaps change the mentality or retain possession? Just a suggestion. I’ve never changed the tactic and have played against the likes of Man City, Tottenham for eg and won comfortably. It does work but it I guess not consistent away vs the big clubs. If you find something that works please let me know :)

I´ve removed the "tackle harder" and "get stuck in" without conceeding more goals. After 23 games in Serie A i´ve conceeded 9 with Lazio second season. In defence i have De Vrij, Rugani and Inigo Martinez.

I´ve even set my fullbacks to "ease off tackles", but they still seem to pick upp a lot of yellow cards.

Cheers for this great tactic. Since switching i am unbeaten in all competitions as of february.

Thank you for the feedback mate. Glad to see you are doing so well!! Glad to see the change you have made is working too. Sounds like you’re having a great game with Lazio!! Keep me updated mate!

I've tried this for like 10-12matches with Rsc anderlecht.
I must say this is the best tactic i have tried for fm18, very decent build up, not that many goals against, always win 3-0 4-0 4-1.
Havent lost a match since i have used your tactic.

For me the best FM18 tactic at the moment!
Keep up the good work

Thanks very much for the feedback mate! Have you done well in CL too?? That’s what I like about this tactic, your strikers score lots but also it’s solid in defence. Keep me updated mate, hope it carries on working well for you.

I've tried this tactic with a lot of teams to be sure it's a solid one and believe me, it is...
Amazing results with Nantes, RB Leipzig, Dortmund, Roma, SO Cholet (French 3rd division)...

I noticed the AMC has not very good marks most of the time.

Thanks again for this tactic !

Thank you for the feedback mate. Glad to see it’s working very well for you!! In my Everton save, Sigurdsson was great in the Shadow Striker, but in my Tottenham one, Christian Eriksen was not so good in the role. Perhaps may be worth tweaking it a little, maybe changing it to an Advanced Playmaker? Let me know if you change anything and it works mate. Keep me updated, good luck!

It does not make sense because i tried it so the solution must be another option

Lost 5-1 vs Man UTD with Chelsea in UCL :(

Sorry to hear that mate. I guess it wouldn’t matter what team in the world you were, it would be difficult to play away vs Manchester United. Perhaps may be worth tweaking the mentally for the away “tough” games then changing it back to normal for the return leg at home? It’s a tough one really, I’ve not changed it at all and have had some very good results away, but like you I’ve lost by about 3 goals away against the better sides. Let me know if you change anything and it works mate.

Great tactic ! 1st place with Udinese , 1st season . Predicted to be 15th !

Sorry to hear that mate. I guess it wouldn’t matter what team in the world you were, it would be difficult to play away vs Manchester United. Perhaps may be worth tweaking the mentally for the away “tough” games then changing it back to normal for the return leg at home? It’s a tough one really, I’ve not changed it at all and have had some very good results away, but like you I’ve lost by about 3 goals away against the better sides. Let me know if you change anything and it works mate.

What do you mean by mentally ?
EDIT : We lost vs Burnley and Newcastle at home :(
EDIT 2 : we lost 5 matches in a row lol..

Last edited:
What do you mean by mentally ?
EDIT : We lost vs Burnley and Newcastle at home :(
EDIT 2 : we lost 5 matches in a row lol..

Mentality (control, attacking, counter attacking, overload etc)

Sorry mate, silly spelling mistake by me, I did of course mean mentality (thank you Average Joe). SCHLIRi have you individually trained each player to play in same position as the tactic for example have you trained all centre backs to play ball playing defender? Is this your Chelsea save? Surprised to see it’s not working for you, thought it would be great with them once you’d retrained your wide players. Was this downloaded on your laptop therefore PI’s would have downloaded correctly too? Hopefully it starts working for you mate, it seems to be for most people. Keep me updated and I hope it works for you.

You guys using any player instructions?

Hello mate. Yes there are PI’s set up for every position in the tactic. When you download it via a laptop they will download automatically. Earlier on in the comments though I’d screenshotted the PI’s for every position as someone had to manually set them up as it was not on their laptop. Hope this helps, good luck if you use it!

First game of the season with Newcastle, lost 1-0 away to Leicester:mad: early days, but not impressed so far, strugled in the preseason against low league teams.

First game of the season with Newcastle, lost 1-0 away to Leicester:mad: early days, but not impressed so far, strugled in the preseason against low league teams.

Thanks for feedback mate. I don’t take any notice to pre season games to be honest, in real life you see all sorts of strange results, it’s the competitive fixtures I care about. As you say that’s not a good start for you. Have you trained each player individually to play in the role to match the tactic? All strikers now to be trained as Advanced Forward for example? Keep it going mate see how you are after about 10 league games, with all due respect Leicester away would not be an easy victory for Newcastle in real life, but stick with the tactic and see where you end up. Good luck mate.

Thanks for feedback mate. I don’t take any notice to pre season games to be honest, in real life you see all sorts of strange results, it’s the competitive fixtures I care about. As you say that’s not a good start for you. Have you trained each player individually to play in the role to match the tactic? All strikers now to be trained as Advanced Forward for example? Keep it going mate see how you are after about 10 league games, with all due respect Leicester away would not be an easy victory for Newcastle in real life, but stick with the tactic and see where you end up. Good luck mate.

yeah got the training etc under control. 2. game 1-1 home to Chelsea. 3. game a lucky 1-0 win home over Burton(my strongest 11)

Last edited:
Excellent mate glad to hear it!! Did you finish 1st or you’re currently 1st? Strikers scoring lots? Keep up the good work!!
Yes finish 1st . Beating Juve , Napoli and Roma away from home .
Now in CL beating Bayern 1-3 away from home . Last match home against Napoli , after 2 min a red card for me , still beating them 4-3 . Great stuff !

Sorry mate, silly spelling mistake by me, I did of course mean mentality (thank you Average Joe). SCHLIRi have you individually trained each player to play in same position as the tactic for example have you trained all centre backs to play ball playing defender? Is this your Chelsea save? Surprised to see it’s not working for you, thought it would be great with them once you’d retrained your wide players. Was this downloaded on your laptop therefore PI’s would have downloaded correctly too? Hopefully it starts working for you mate, it seems to be for most people. Keep me updated and I hope it works for you.

Hey man ! No i forgot to edit the training individual :( But are u sure that will make them to play better ? And this tactic will work for teams like AS Roma ?
With FCSB it worked but i want just to be sure. .I told you that i will have a multiplayer save very soon so i want to be the best haha :)

yeah got the training etc under control. 2. game 1-1 home to Chelsea. 3. game a lucky 1-0 win home over Burton(my strongest 11)

Not a bad result against Chelsea and at least was a win vs Burton. Maybe a case of players adjusting / getting used to their new role (if they can’t already play there). Stick with it for a bit mate, see how it goes from there. You can see from the comments it’s working for a lot of people :)