5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

2nd season finished. A bit wobbly at the beginning but after November we didn't lose a single game (46 games, 40 wins and 6 draws). 30 goals scored in the Champions League knockout phase :)

Thanks for update mate! That's amazing it really is!! What national side are you managing? Superb season that, 11-0 aggregate vs Juventus is insane haha! Glad it's going so well for you :)

I am testing this tactic, result is wonderful but i have card problem (played 7 match, 32 Yellow, 3 Red card) how can I fix it? Thank you...
View attachment 1136770

Hello mate a few people have said about the yellow / red cards. Perhaps take off the team instructions "get stuck in". If this still a problem maybe change it to "stay on feet", let me know if it makes a difference mate :)

Hey Daniel, great tactic. Taken my beloved Birmingham city to premiership winners. Couldn’t quite win the champions league so I’ve tweaked ur tactic. First of all the red n yellow cards became a problem, removed get stuck in and removed be more expressive. Removed tackle harder from wings backs. Changed centre mid roles to mezzala and Carrillo. Moved shadow striker up front to form 3 attacking strikers. Also removed tackle harder from mezzala. Well these changes not only improved your tactic it has turned it into a monster!! Winning games with ease, smashing the big 6 clubs and it’s taken me to semi final of champions league. Will update you later on if I manage to win it. This is now best tactic I’ve seen or used which performs consistently home or away.

Hey Daniel, great tactic. Taken my beloved Birmingham city to premiership winners. Couldn’t quite win the champions league so I’ve tweaked ur tactic. First of all the red n yellow cards became a problem, removed get stuck in and removed be more expressive. Removed tackle harder from wings backs. Changed centre mid roles to mezzala and Carrillo. Moved shadow striker up front to form 3 attacking strikers. Also removed tackle harder from mezzala. Well these changes not only improved your tactic it has turned it into a monster!! Winning games with ease, smashing the big 6 clubs and it’s taken me to semi final of champions league. Will update you later on if I manage to win it. This is now best tactic I’ve seen or used which performs consistently home or away.

I'm not sure I can take credit for this as you've made the changes mate :) Well done on improving it, great achievement getting Birmingham back up there! Presumably your changes stopped all the cards happening? Think I need to tweak mine a bit in order to stop the suspentions happening haha! Well done mate glad it's going well :)

I've been using a tweak of this tactic on my tests that has performed better than anything else. Better enough for me to decide to start my first proper save on FMT18. It doesn't make sense to upload it has it's as simple as this:
Push the right striker to the center position.
Push the SS to the right striker position.
Copy the left striker instructions to the right striker.
If anyone is interested try it.
I had this idea because: 1-this tactic is probably the best on the forum right now, 2-everybody complains about the SS not performing well, and 3-I read somewhere someone saying this year version has a real trouble coping with 3 strikers.
It's working really well for me.

with this tweak become much more stronger

View attachment 75496

can you upload it

what's training do you use?

General Training: Balanced, high
Scheduling: 3 notches right
Match Pre: Att. movement
Rest after match (actually i look at player's condition and sometimes i give extra day off for tired or high injuriy risk players)

Move the shadow striker up to attacking forward with shoot less often instruction. Centre midfield right change to mezalla, and remove get stuck in player instruction. Centre midfield left change to Carrillo with shoot less, tackle harder, mark tight, pass short, more risky pass. Remove get stuck in, from your wingbacks as you really don’t need them to be sent off. No OI’s. Remove Be more expressive from team instruction and then you got the monster !!

Last edited:
Move the shadow striker up to attacking forward with shoot less often instruction. Centre midfield right change to mezalla, and remove get stuck in player instruction. Centre midfield left change to Carrillo with shoot less, tackle harder, mark tight, pass short, more risky pass. Remove get stuck in, from your wingbacks as you really don’t need them to be sent off. No OI’s. Remove Be more expressive from team instruction and then you got the monster !!

mezalla support?

Mezzala attack but remove get stuck in. Mezzala player instruction should be Shoot less, dribble more and mark tighter

Attacco Mezzala ma rimuovi rimani bloccato. L'istruzione del giocatore Mezzala dovrebbe essere sparare di meno, dribblare di più e segnare più stretto

can you make a screen of the mezzala and the carillo? how many shots do you suffer from opponents?

Last edited:
Tried this tactic out with Glasgow Rangers in 1st season, I won the quadruple of League,League cup,Scottish Cup & Europa League, So far this is easliy the best tactic I've tried for FM 18

P.S I'd post the screenshots but no Idea how lol

Sry I can’t, but I can write here individual player instructions if you request.

I've been using a tweak of this tactic on my tests that has performed better than anything else. Better enough for me to decide to start my first proper save on FMT18. It doesn't make sense to upload it has it's as simple as this:
Push the right striker to the center position.
Push the SS to the right striker position.
Copy the left striker instructions to the right striker.
If anyone is interested try it.
I had this idea because: 1-this tactic is probably the best on the forum right now, 2-everybody complains about the SS not performing well, and 3-I read somewhere someone saying this year version has a real trouble coping with 3 strikers.
It's working really well for me.

Fantastic tweak

Back