5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

Could someone please upload a screenshot of the Denners & Dimartino tweaks? Thanks

So let me get this straight:

DiMartino tweak is moving Right Striker to Center, moving SS up in the position that was the right strikers. Copying Left strikers instructions to the former SS-striker, which is now the right striker. Should you change the instructions for the AF in the middle, the former right striker? When you move him to the center his only instructions are "shoot less often".

Which gives us a 3-4-3 with WBs. All 3 forwards are AF.

And then the Denners tweak is basically just changing passing to Mixed and clicking on retain possession.

Last edited:
Currently using the dimartino tweak with my Preston-save. The tweak works slightly better for me than the original, but both are good.

(I still play with my own restrictions, which means that in this save I can only buy free agents/bosman-players.)

Klavan and Cahill is still important players for me at 35 years old, so I am convinced that (both) tactics would work great with a really good team. Leading the table even with a game in hand, so are quite happy with the season so far.

View attachment 75144

First season, no transfers in. Both Dimartino and Denner tweaks used.

Pretty amazing result.

View attachment 75143

View attachment 75142

Won the league, knocked out the League Cup by Celtic and knocked out the Scottish Cup by Celtic (in a replay).

Big wins were 5-2 and 5-0 v Rangers, 7-2 v Aberdeen, 9-1 away to Ross County, and beat both Hearts and Hibs 4-0 in the same week. Played Celtic 7 times in the season (4 league + 3 cup) and won once, but still did enough to squeak the championship.

Currently using the dimartino tweak with my Preston-save. The tweak works slightly better for me than the original, but both are good.

(I still play with my own restrictions, which means that in this save I can only buy free agents/bosman-players.)

Klavan and Cahill is still important players for me at 35 years old, so I am convinced that (both) tactics would work great with a really good team. Leading the table even with a game in hand, so are quite happy with the season so far.

View attachment 1137211

Thanks for the update mate, I remember you saying about doing this :) Superb idea, glad to see it's going so well!!!
Can you imagine if you won it haha!!! Europe alone would be a superb achievement. Same principles if you get into Europe, sign freebies only? Glad it's going so well mate keep it up and keep me updated please :)

@DanielKing97

I guess i made it.

Did my own tweak and worked very well for me. Off course I'm playing with Chelsea now (my first fm18 save) but the performance is awesome now. Much better than before.

And Hazard average is above 8 now, when he was a shadow striker his average was under 7.

MC(E) -- took out the risk passes - (more defensive midfield usually don't have good passes skill) Kante performing better without erros in risk passes.

MC (D) -- took out the driblle more often and put the opposite Less Drible (I want more passes here and surprise appears on the attack) Fabregas score more goals now.

PL(E) and PL(D) -- Advanced Forwards -- Took out the risk passes on both AF players and copy the rest of the Player Instructions of the PL(e) to the PL(D) like Tight Marking and Agressive Tackle.

And the more important tweak is put Hazard as a Deep Lying Forward PL(C) on this tactics...yes now it was a 5-2-3, but without 3 AF in front, with 2 AFs on right and left side and the player who is supposed to be your AMC you have to put in the PL(C) positicion as a Deep Lying Forward.

Insctructions for PL(C) -- Agressive tackle, Tight Marking, Shooting less.

Hazard is scoring for fun and making assists too now. Very fun to watch the game and all your players participate.

View attachment 75141View attachment 75140View attachment 75139

With what update do you play guys? I was using pr0 but I lost or draw the most matches in game, when I changed to sourtitoutsi this tactic grow so much and I win a lot games...

I don't use database updates, only add-on leagues from claassen.

Starting to se some results with this after a slow start.
Any tips about must have players for WB?

@DanielKing97

I guess i made it.

Did my own tweak and worked very well for me. Off course I'm playing with Chelsea now (my first fm18 save) but the performance is awesome now. Much better than before.

And Hazard average is above 8 now, when he was a shadow striker his average was under 7.

MC(E) -- took out the risk passes - (more defensive midfield usually don't have good passes skill) Kante performing better without erros in risk passes.

MC (D) -- took out the driblle more often and put the opposite Less Drible (I want more passes here and surprise appears on the attack) Fabregas score more goals now.

PL(E) and PL(D) -- Advanced Forwards -- Took out the risk passes on both AF players and copy the rest of the Player Instructions of the PL(e) to the PL(D) like Tight Marking and Agressive Tackle.

And the more important tweak is put Hazard as a Deep Lying Forward PL(C) on this tactics...yes now it was a 5-2-3, but without 3 AF in front, with 2 AFs on right and left side and the player who is supposed to be your AMC you have to put in the PL(C) positicion as a Deep Lying Forward.

Hazard is scoring for fun and making assists too now. Very fun to watch the game and all your players participate.

View attachment 1137214View attachment 1137215View attachment 1137216

Deep lying forward, interesting!!! A few pages back you’ll see I’ve started using the Advanced Playmaker quite successfully, tweaked the PI’s a bit to “get further forward” for eg, Mkhitharian (not sure of spelling) & Mata for Man United have been superb in the role, started to score quite a few. But still think they could do better. I’ve just finished 1st season and won every competition I was in, which was great, but I’m thinking about buying Dybala for the role behind the striker, so I may try your idea of Deep Lying Forward to see how he goes! Regarding Centre Midfielders, mine have performed excellent this season so I’ll leave it as it is. Pogba won World Player of the Year and scored about 20 goals for me all season. But I do appreciate your feedback and I will let you know how it goes if I use Dybala in the DLF role. Keep me updated mate, I’ve not tried with Chelsea yet and I hope your tweaks work well for you.

Not the greatest defensively for me, but still won the league in my first year in Nigeria. Granted, my defenders not the best for those positions. Scored a lot though (using the tweaked version. Other minor tweaks here and there by me in the matches.)

View attachment 1137218View attachment 1137219View attachment 1137220

I know absolutely nothing about the Nigerian League mate but that’s insane!! The amount of goals you’ve scored is unreal haha!! Glad to see you have the 3 top scorers too!! Amazing average ratings too!! Remo Stars didn’t do very well did they haha! Glad to see it’s worked for you mate!!

Starting to se some results with this after a slow start.
Any tips about must have players for WB?

Glad to see it’s starting to work well for you mate, is this still the Liverpool FC save? How are you doing in the league and CL? Strikers scoring many?? Luke Shaw has been superb for me for Man United, but I guess he wouldn’t move to Liverpool. Kieran Tierney from Celtic has played amazing for me in the past as LWB. Alex Grimaldo is another star LWB. RWB, perhaps Sidibe from Monaco, or even Fabinho and train him to play RWB? Let me know what you do mate and keep it up.

@DanielKing97

I guess i made it.

View attachment 1137214View attachment 1137215View attachment 1137216
Hi you share your tweaked ?

Why not create a section on the first page with the tweaks??

Glad to see it’s starting to work well for you mate, is this still the Liverpool FC save? How are you doing in the league and CL? Strikers scoring many?? Luke Shaw has been superb for me for Man United, but I guess he wouldn’t move to Liverpool. Kieran Tierney from Celtic has played amazing for me in the past as LWB. Alex Grimaldo is another star LWB. RWB, perhaps Sidibe from Monaco, or even Fabinho and train him to play RWB? Let me know what you do mate and keep it up.

Thanks for the tips, yes it’s still Liverpool. Currently 8th in the league but won three in a row, 1-0, 2-0 and 1-0. Sitting third in CL group, really tough group with Bayern Munchen and Sevilla ahead of me. The team isn’t playing like a dream, but it’s getting better. Highest scorers are Icardi and Salah with around 0,7 goals per 90min. It ain’t the best squad for playing two AF strikers, but I will be patient. Coutinho and Mane started to perform better after I changed from SS to AM like someone suggested earlier. Long term injuries on Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner isn’t really ideal for my midfield.

Why not create a section on the first page with the tweaks??

The only tweak I’ve made is changing from Shadow Striker, but I’ve not found one that works consistently yet. I only shared this tactic in the first place as it was tried and tested by myself. You can see in the comments there are plenty of people that have made their own tweaks to my tactic, which I’ve tried a few myself and it’s not worked for me as well as my original tactic (I’m not slating the tweaks at all, as they’re clearly working for lots of people too). The creators of the tweaked tactics can obviously feel free to start their own thread, but I’m only sharing stuff that I’ve personally tried and tested, which you can see from majority of the comments in this thread the original tactic has worked very well for lots of people. Good luck with whatever tactic you use mate. :)

Thanks for the tips, yes it’s still Liverpool. Currently 8th in the league but won three in a row, 1-0, 2-0 and 1-0. Sitting third in CL group, really tough group with Bayern Munchen and Sevilla ahead of me. The team isn’t playing like a dream, but it’s getting better. Highest scorers are Icardi and Salah with around 0,7 goals per 90min. It ain’t the best squad for playing two AF strikers, but I will be patient. Coutinho and Mane started to perform better after I changed from SS to AM like someone suggested earlier. Long term injuries on Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner isn’t really ideal for my midfield.

Yes I thought it may be tough with Liverpool as their best players aren’t natural strikers, but would have thought they were good enough to play in the role. Hopefully you start to hit form at the right time mate and the injuries don’t affect you too much. Keep me updated mate. :)

Back