5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

Nice results allisiaa ;)
Do you use opposition instructions?
Do you play the matches or use instant result?

The original tactic is definately brilliant by itself, I got Kidderminster promoted the first season with record goals scored and points total and Lingfield in English tier 10 promoted with no signings first season,

Do you use defensive tweaks to close out tight matches? I seem to concede a lot of goals in the last ten minutes or so.

Good luck with the challenge how many seasons do you think it will take?

liking the look, might try this on my Newcastle save, *wonders if Ritchie can be retrained to Shadow striker*

Nice results allisiaa ;)
Do you use opposition instructions?
Do you play the matches or use instant result?

The original tactic is definately brilliant by itself, I got Kidderminster promoted the first season with record goals scored and points total and Lingfield in English tier 10 promoted with no signings first season,

Do you use defensive tweaks to close out tight matches? I seem to concede a lot of goals in the last ten minutes or so.

Good luck with the challenge how many seasons do you think it will take?
No opposition instructions. Plug and play (with the dimartino tweaks).

All results I have posted a picture of is by playing every match myself.

I very rarely have had the need to change the tactic - because I don't have tight matches so far... But, I just change the mentality to "Contain" the last few minutes if I get in that position and the opponent press highly.

Have no idea how long it will take... I will get promoted this season (leading by over 20 points), and hope to get promoted to the Championship after two seaons in League One.. Really hard to say, and depends on the youth intake. Good luck!

Last edited:
I've been using the main tactic and the dimartino tweak with fc united of manchester for the past two seasons. The tactic for me has been extremely good on the attack, especially the second season, having signed better players. But defending is where I find the most problems are. My defensive players are not anywhere near good of course, so maybe that's the issue. In the last six games we have conceded at least 2 goals per game.

Having said that, because on the attack the tactic seems to be so solid, we are scoring between 3 to 5 goals per game. I wish all my problems were that in FM :D

Looking forward to try the tactic in higher divisions with better players ;)

Well unfortunately this tactic couldn't do it on a cold night in Stoke XD. JK rare off day for the Gunners thanks to Jack Butland standing on his head. Still having a strong season with Arsenal despite this little blip, currently top of the prem tied with Chelsea and in the knockout rounds of the Europa League.

View attachment 74574

Anyone having a problem with the left cm always trying long ringe kicks even thougt he has shot less from long range??
Does anyone have a tip to how i Can get hin to shoot less - I’m using the 3 striker tactic, cant remember the name of the tactic ??????

This tactic works wonder if you're an underdog team, isn't working as well with a clear favorite when I've tried.
Currently enjoying Leeds atm, thanks for the tactic!

Could you post a screenshot of your Leeds team? I've tried this with Leeds and lost 7 out of the first 8 games, conceding 2/3 goals a game.

Solid season overall, had some moments of poor form throughout the season but overall i'm very happy. love the tactic as a whole. Great job DanielKing for creating the base of a really fun tactic to use. Looking forward to having my own Sir Alex type dynasty at Arsenal :D

View attachment 74545

fantastic tactic however when using it lower leagues obviously the central defenders arent technically as good e.g. passing and you concede a lot of goals due to this from defenders misplacing balls etc is there a way to eliminate this

fantastic tactic however when using it lower leagues obviously the central defenders arent technically as good e.g. passing and you concede a lot of goals due to this from defenders misplacing balls etc is there a way to eliminate this

change defenders to regular defenders and make sure they either make simple pases or alternatively long balls as far away from their goal as possible.

Brilliant tactic, used a mixture of the original and Dimartino tweak, both excellent.

Coming towards the end of my first season with Everton and sitting 3rd

Also through to the quarter finals of the Europa League so very pleased with how they have both worked

Does anyone know if it still works on the new patch that came out today?

Don't want to wreck my season now if it doesn't!

Back