5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

I've just had a look at the Treath+martino tweak and i can't see any difference between that and the original Martino tweak?

Am i being blind or is there no difference between the 2?

I believe the Treath tweak was the first one. It moved SS to DLF, as well as slightly tweaking the instructions for both MCs. The dimartino tweak only involved the moving of SS to AF. The treath+dimartino tweak has the slightly tweaked instructions of the MCs but the SS is moved to AF. Make sense?

I believe the Treath tweak was the first one. It moved SS to DLF, as well as slightly tweaking the instructions for both MCs. The dimartino tweak only involved the moving of SS to AF. The treath+dimartino tweak has the slightly tweaked instructions of the MCs but the SS is moved to AF. Make sense?

Ahh ok i get it, thanks for clearing that up

Is it working well with the new patch? Not updated yet, waiting until the end of the season

Things got a bit confused with all the tweaks, and existing a dimartino and a martino in the forum did not help also :). Just to clear things up a little bit in a chronological order:

I've been using a tweak of this tactic on my tests that has performed better than anything else. Better enough for me to decide to start my first proper save on FMT18. It doesn't make sense to upload it has it's as simple as this:
Push the right striker to the center position.
Push the SS to the right striker position.
Copy the left striker instructions to the right striker.
If anyone is interested try it.
I had this idea because: 1-this tactic is probably the best on the forum right now, 2-everybody complains about the SS not performing well, and 3-I read somewhere someone saying this year version has a real trouble coping with 3 strikers.
It's working really well for me.

I made another tweak to this fine tactic. It works really well in my Ascoli save.
Here's the download link. Only thing I'm unsure of is if the keeper should distribute to the halfback instead of the centreal defenders. Havent tested it enough.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/95usvtvg4sbma2a/532%20wb%20fluid%20-%20Martino%20Tweak.fmf

My tweak - 523 with a deep lying forward. Huge success for me, i'l try now on low level teams too. Daniel King 523 wb fluid - treath tweak

Having almost not time at all to play, between working a lot of hours and a little bitcoin "bussiness" that is requiring some of my attention, I must say the tactic in the post under IS DOING WONDERS in the few matches I've played. Not really sure what's the mix of tweaks, but it works just FINE.

Which version of the tactic?

Since I updated the game I have played two games. One win, one loss. Difficult to determine if the tactic is still good when the team clearly is not good enough for the Championship.

Hi I have played 15 to 20 games today with your tactic on the new patch using a tier 10 english team (Cheddar FC) and its still going well, I have won 80% plus of matches scoring mostly 3 or 4 goals with a team of 16 to 18 year olds ;) and still top of the league!

Hi I have played 15 to 20 games today with your tactic on the new patch using a tier 10 english team (Cheddar FC) and its still going well, I have won 80% plus of matches scoring mostly 3 or 4 goals with a team of 16 to 18 year olds ;) and still top of the league!
Don't know if this is a typo or not, but I have nothing to do with this tactic or its tweaks. I'm just a leech :-)

gonna do a season with barca with the original tactic and see how it goes, just for fun. won't be much of a challenge

Don't know if this is a typo or not, but I have nothing to do with this tactic or its tweaks. I'm just a leech :-)

I've been using the tactic you uploaded in post 577, I wasnt sure if you had tweaked it in any way lol, it still seems to work thats the main thing :)

My thanks to the creator ;)

I wasn't getting anywhere with the original tactic so I tried something drastic and the results have been mind-blowing. I'm seeing 25-30 shots and hitting 4-5 goals per game.

I call it the Blitzkrieg Tweak. I took Martino tactic and moved the Wing Backs up to Inside Forwards and put a Defensive Midfielder in front of the back three with a Deep Lying Support in the midfield; essentially creating a 3-2-5 tactic. Give it a go if you're feeling bored.

View attachment 74416

There's only one creator here, and that's DanielKing97. :)

Appreciate that mate I really do. I'm just so glad a lot of people are finding success by using the tactics we've created whether it's mine or any of the tweaks. I used your tweak for Spurs and it worked wonders, I'm currently using it for Wolves and it's also working wonders. I realise now playing the SS/AP in the first place was a bad move and your tweak has definitely resolved the problem! The main thing is this whole thread in general has made people enjoy this great game again! I've loved reading everyones updates on this forum, there's been some great stories so far!

Have played 18 matches in the Championship with Crewe, patch 18.2, dimartino tweaks.

Keep in mind that this Crewe-team really should'nt be able to perform so well, the media prediction is 24th. I have not made a single signing all the way from League Two, with back to back promotions using the dimartino tweaks.

Nine of my most central (and used) players is 17 years old or younger.

I am very glad to say that the 18.2 patch did NOT ruin this amazing tactic. It behaves just as it did in the last patch, and for an underdog I would say that the tactic really gives you a fighting chance.

View attachment 74415

Have played 18 matches in the Championship with Crewe, patch 18.2, dimartino tweaks.

Keep in mind that this Crewe-team really should'nt be able to perform so well, the media prediction is 24th. I have not made a single signing all the way from League Two, with back to back promotions using the dimartino tweaks.

Nine of my most central (and used) players is 17 years old or younger.

I am very glad to say that the 18.2 patch did NOT ruin this amazing tactic. It behaves just as it did in the last patch, and for an underdog I would say that the tactic really gives you a fighting chance.

View attachment 1138076

Amazing!! Great story this, enjoying the progress!! Keep us all updated!!

By the way, I have noticed a very strange, little trick when in trouble.

If I find myself chasing for a goal, but can't seem to create good enough chances, I would normally become desperate at the end of the match and go for total "overload" mentality.

However, this rarely gives any goals, and surprisingly I seem to create even less chances if I use this mentality. Useless.

The strangest thing is that the "Contain"-mentality actually works waaaay better in creating those chances if you are struggling in a match! It may be only this tactic (dimartino-tweak), but I have actually made quite a few extra points already by changing the mentality to "Contain" in the last 10-15 minutes or so. I only use it as a last resort so far, but maybe this could be exploited even further by someone else? It has given me extra goals when I'm really just trying to maintain a narrow 2-1 lead, but also chasing the winning goal.

If anyone else can experience the same effect, please let me know :-)

Edit:

For anyone interested in trying this as an away tactic, just change the mentality to "Contain" in the dimartino tweak. Not sure if a tactic upload is need for such a simple tweak, but look at what happened when I tried this for a whole away game. Sunderland tried and tried, got a lucky goal, but I actually had more CCC than Sunderland.

(It was supposed to be a screenshot here, but for some reason fm-base just says "upload failed")

I won 1-3 away against Sunderland. Will test this more, please give me feedback if anyone else try this.

Last edited:
By the way, I have noticed a very strange, little trick when in trouble.

If I find myself chasing for a goal, but can't seem to create good enough chances, I would normally become desperate at the end of the match and go for total "overload" mentality.

However, this rarely gives any goals, and surprisingly I seem to create even less chances if I use this mentality. Useless.

The strangest thing is that the "Contain"-mentality actually works waaaay better in creating those chances if you are struggling in a match! It may be only this tactic (dimartino-tweak), but I have actually made quite a few extra points already by changing the mentality to "Contain" in the last 10-15 minutes or so. I only use it as a last resort so far, but maybe this could be exploited even further by someone else? It has given me extra goals when I'm really just trying to maintain a narrow 2-1 lead, but also chasing the winning goal.

If anyone else can experience the same effect, please let me know :-)

Edit:

For anyone interested in trying this as an away tactic, just change the mentality to "Contain" in the dimartino tweak. Not sure if a tactic upload is need for such a simple tweak, but look at what happened when I tried this for a whole away game. Sunderland tried and tried, got a lucky goal, but I actually had more CCC than Sunderland.

(It was supposed to be a screenshot here, but for some reason fm-base just says "upload failed")

I won 1-3 away against Sunderland. Will test this more, please give me feedback if anyone else try this.

Do you tend to score on the counter when you do this? It's usually because the AI will do the same thing and try to chase a goal, swapping to contain ends up being beneficial if you have that slight lead(or draw) if the opponent is trying to get a win and as long as you have pacey forwards.

Actually, after two away games (way too little data, of course) I don't think the counters is the reason it works.

Got 0-0 away against Hull now, another great result - especially considering that I hit the woodwork three times! Actually got more shots than Hull as well, so it is not reduced to a "park the bus"-mentality even though that's what you would expect.

For anyone interested in trying:
View attachment 74412

If it works for others, please give credit to DanielKing97 and dimartino, this is just a small (but maybe good for away games?) tweak.

Edit:

It actually works really, really great for home games as well! Nice result against Bolton, and hit the woodwork twice in addition to missing a penalty! Still won 5-1.

View attachment 74411

Last edited:
Actually, after two away games (way too little data, of course) I don't think the counters is the reason it works.

Got 0-0 away against Hull now, another great result - especially considering that I hit the woodwork three times! Actually got more shots than Hull as well, so it is not reduced to a "park the bus"-mentality even though that's what you would expect.

For anyone interested in trying:
View attachment 1138080

If it works for others, please give credit to DanielKing97 and dimartino, this is just a small (but maybe good for away games?) tweak.

Edit:

It actually works really, really great for home games as well! Nice result against Bolton, and hit the woodwork twice in addition to missing a penalty! Still won 5-1.

View attachment 1138081

What have you tweaked?

I'm playing FM Touch with AFC Wimbledon. Currently position no.1 in Sky Bet League One. My opinions are:
- this is super offansive tactic
- scoring a lot
- conceding quite a lot
- central AF scores less then left and right AF (and his rating is lower, of course)

Will see what will happens in future, I'll keep you guys up to date with screenshots.

Cheers!

Sorry guys, but the tactics (op & treath martino) are not working for me since the new patch
on different saves. so frustrating

Back