5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

class1081b10ea39e011c.png

well.. i dont really remember who was the guy that speaking about this tactic told that it was a base to develop a new one and so i did it and of course i test it :$

not with the same Top Team or others less powerfull but starting from slums... and so i started with FC UNITED and now after 3 season i get promoted to Sky Bet League 1.. very easy indeeeeeeeeeed :wub::wub:

VANARAMA NORTH LEAGUE 2017/2018
View attachment 1138188

VANARAMA 2018/2019
View attachment 1138189

SKY BET LEAGUE 2
View attachment 1138190

yeah i know that u could say... omg lots of gols scored and worst lots of conceded..

but if u think that i started from a league where defenders are similar to me when i play football and with the same guys gaining League 2 well... nice tactic dude!!

Fa paura sta tattica!

Before the update I won back to back promotions with AFC Telford but since the update the tactic has produced inconsistent results, I hope the tactic can be salvaged because it was one of my favourites!

Before Update:

View attachment 74303

After Update:

View attachment 74302

Last edited:
oi ?

Got 5 wins in a row now with an additional, little tweak.

This is based on the dimartino tweak, with the addition of my own tweaks. Mentality changed to "Contain", and the central striker is now a "False Nine". The two other strikers are still advanced strikers. I noticed that the central striker is not scoring as much as before the update, and I feel the results and benefits of using a False nine is promising with five solid wins in a row. Suddenly my central striker started to score plenty of goals again, even though the role does'nt suit him that well.

Version 2 of my tweaks:

View attachment 1138137

Please give me feedback if you try this (or the first version) :-)

I use the tactic you gave me, do you give opponent instructions?

Got 5 wins in a row now with an additional, little tweak.

This is based on the dimartino tweak, with the addition of my own tweaks. Mentality changed to "Contain", and the central striker is now a "False Nine". The two other strikers are still advanced strikers. I noticed that the central striker is not scoring as much as before the update, and I feel the results and benefits of using a False nine is promising with five solid wins in a row. Suddenly my central striker started to score plenty of goals again, even though the role does'nt suit him that well.

Version 2 of my tweaks:

View attachment 1138137

Please give me feedback if you try this (or the first version) :-)

really great tweak. less intensity really helps players injury rate go down a lot.

Last edited:
Hello, I believe I have found the solution to the update with my tweaks.

After the update, my central striker would score a lot less, also my central midfielder (support) did not play as well, I believe I have found the solution, winning my first game with this tactic by my biggest margin EVER.
View attachment 74266View attachment 74256View attachment 74265View attachment 74253View attachment 74254View attachment 74255

I have changed the Striker (central) to a Poacher, with similar instructions to the other strikers, only that he shoots more, and the central midfielder (support) to a ball winning midfielder.

I hope that this tactic tweak works as well for you as it has for me.

I find that the away tactic also helps to control the game, use it if you please.

Last edited:
Hello, I believe I have found the solution to the update with my tweaks.

After the update, my central striker would score a lot less, also my central midfielder (support) did not play as well, I believe I have found the solution, winning my first game with this tactic by my biggest margin EVER.

View attachment 1138243View attachment 1138244

I have changed the Striker (central) to a Poacher, with similar instructions to the other strikers, only that he shoots more, and the central midfielder (support) to a ball winning midfielder.

I hope that this tactic tweak works as well for you as it has for me.

I find that the away tactic also helps to control the game, use it if you please.

mate play few games ;)

do you use the tactic all the time

Yes. I'm not 100% happy with the tactic, but it's the best tweaks I have come up with so far. Have tried the central striker as poacher as well, but keep coming back to the false nine. This is the player I feel most potential in changing a bit to something else.

Please try your own tweaks, and hopefully we can restore this great tactic.

(Edit: I't may already be good, hard to judge fairly with a young Crewe-team in Premier League. See that other people have used my tweaks with success also, so that is promising)

Last edited:
Last year on FM17, i had great success with "tete a tete" tactic from user giannis the greek from this forum. When i tried to recreate the tactic on Fm18, i did not have much success.So, the search began for new one and im glad, i found this one.Let it be known, that my style of play was always wingerless, not on any FM game have i played with wingers. Strikerless was also OP last year. Last year, i started from Championship with Barnsley, gained promotion quite easily and had good success. This year, i started a League 1 save, with Southend United, who were predicted 14th. Just finished the season.

8CGwfeG.jpg

nEWqpjj.jpg

No signings, i had disabled first transfer budgets on start of the game, but i did loan 4 players, Phil Foden from Man City being best of those. Also, last 11 games were played on 18.2 patch update, with dimartino tweaks, so i'd say tactic still works. Will see what awaits me in championship, but if Alissaa can go from League 2 to Championship back to back, that fills me with hope i can at least attack top6 place with some additions.
Most of the time, i used dimartino, with some away games when ***. Man. suggested defensive positioning, i switched to xSue tweak of this tactic.
Im glad i found this tactic. Kudos to you, DanielKing97. And also to all of you with good tweaks. Thanks, dimartino! Will keep you updated.

Thank you for a great tactic

Great tactic so far still going string for me with all the latest updates, i am using the tactic which is on post 577. No tweaks at all, i was 2 seasons in with AC Milan doing well with FM18BLUEMATTERVOL2Knap but this one really is a more complete and solid tactic, i tried a few tweaks to avoid so many fouls in a game and suspensions of players but i noticed the tactic didn't run as-well. I have been using this tactic for a season and a half and here are a few screen shots..... 103 goals scored 101 points league total very happy. All my 3 strikers scored more than 20 goals and over 20 assists each too. Very impressive

View attachment 74251View attachment 74250View attachment 74249View attachment 74248View attachment 74247View attachment 74246

5-2-3 by vanco the most overpowered tactic !

Hi everyone (first of all, sorry for my english 33% english, 33% frenglish, 33% google traduction :D)

I play with a 5-2-3 created by vanco (fm scout), which I modified slightly. You will find my results on the best-known French forum (world champion with the France team, every trophies with Marseille (europe, France, cups etc.) champion with Blyth in the 6th division).

The tactic is similar to that of alesia (dimartino) but it is more offensive while conceding less goal! ;) It works with ALL patches (including 18.2).

my results and forum -> https://www.footmanager.net/forum/5-2-3-efficacite-100-champion-du-monde-quintuple-e-t53029.html
(nparmentier it's me ! :p)

vanco's tactic (original without my 2 box to box for marseille) https://www.fmscout.com/a-suk-sam-523-fm18-tactic.html

we must leave the mentality offensive even on the outside for a better intensity of matches. You will not be disappointed !!

I will put screens. You already have some on french forum (link above)

Hi everyone (first of all, sorry for my english 33% english, 33% frenglish, 33% google traduction :D)

I play with a 5-2-3 created by vanco (fm scout), which I modified slightly. You will find my results on the best-known French forum (world champion with the France team, every trophies with Marseille (europe, France, cups etc.) champion with Blyth in the 6th division).

The tactic is similar to that of alesia (dimartino) but it is more offensive while conceding less goal! ;) It works with ALL patches (including 18.2).

my results and forum -> https://www.footmanager.net/forum/5-2-3-efficacite-100-champion-du-monde-quintuple-e-t53029.html
(nparmentier it's me ! :p)

vanco's tactic (original without my 2 box to box for marseille) https://www.fmscout.com/a-suk-sam-523-fm18-tactic.html

we must leave the mentality offensive even on the outside for a better intensity of matches. You will not be disappointed !!

I will put screens. You already have some on french forum (link above)

Can you DL the tactic with your tweaks ?

Back