5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

Treath Martino still working for someone ?
It's still very very good offensively, but defensively, it's so so bad...

class1.png

eurle.png

Update on my save

Following swift promotion to Championship, dimartino tweak still delivers.
ySTcm9a.jpg

I used allissaa "contain" tweak for my 2 draws against Wolves and Crystal Palace, and also for Swansea in Carabao Cup, as realistically they are stronger sides. Fantastic so far. Patch 18.2 ;)

I still perform better than expected with my tweaks, but regret updating the game. I hate what 18.2 did with this fantastic tactic. Such a shame! The movements of the players is not as good as it was, and I can't seem to tweak that good feeling of the tactic back again.

If anyone manage to really adjust the tactic again, please let us know. Either if it is this tactic or another.

Argh. Any way to reset the game back to the last patch?

Before the patch I'd won the Scottish Premier with Hamilton, Partick Thistle and Motherwell, using the tactic with dimartino tweak (three AF up front) and Denner tweak (mixed passing and retain possession).

Since the patch that setup is still good to get a team outperforming expectations (I finished second with Motherwell), still scores a lot of goals, but it's seriously leaky defensively (76 goals against in my Motherwell game).

Seemed like part of the problem was the two man midfield got overrun, so I dumped the mixed passing/retain possession and went back to direct passing to try and bypass midfield a bit. Defensive problems were long balls over my defenders, and too many goals given away from freekicks round my penalty box. So changed the middle CB to cover, and turned hard tackling off for the three centerback. Seems to have worked.

View attachment 74222
View attachment 74221View attachment 74220
View attachment 74219View attachment 74218

Not sure what went wrong in the Champions League final.

Also tried it for a season with Clyde (Scottish 4th level, and my hometown team), took forever to get to Fluid because they're part-time and I couldnt get an assistant manager, but when it got there it worked well, finished the season with 15 games unbeaten streak and won the division.

I'm not going to post my version because there are already too many versions on here, but it's dimartino tweak with middle defender changed to cover and hard tackling turned off for centerbacks if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
I wasn't getting anywhere with the original tactic so I tried something drastic and the results have been mind-blowing. I'm seeing 25-30 shots and hitting 4-5 goals per game.

I call it the Blitzkrieg Tweak. I took Martino tactic and moved the Wing Backs up to Inside Forwards and put a Defensive Midfielder in front of the back three with a Deep Lying Support in the midfield; essentially creating a 3-2-5 tactic. Give it a go if you're feeling bored.

View attachment 1138075
I was bored and try this tactic and you lnow what wonder great in the first match against Arsenal 4-2 I am Swansea btw. Will try now against Tottenham away to see what happen

Güncellemeden sonra çok maç kazandım taktik daha iyi çalıştı ama dün 6 maçta 3 galibiyet 3 mağlubiyet aldım.güncelleme ne zaman atıldı en son ?

when was the most recent update ??

[QUOTE = TopHill; 3132330] İkinci oyun arkadaşı: hala çok az CCC ve bir kez daha çok zayıf oylar. Ancak yeni yamadan bu yana çok kötü oy aldım zaten.
View attachment 1138309[/ALINTI]

en son ne zaman güncelleme atıldı fm 2018 ? fm 2018 update ? histordy update ?

Before the patch I'd won the Scottish Premier with Hamilton, Partick Thistle and Motherwell, using the tactic with dimartino tweak (three AF up front) and Denner tweak (mixed passing and retain possession).

Since the patch that setup is still good to get a team outperforming expectations (I finished second with Motherwell), still scores a lot of goals, but it's seriously leaky defensively (76 goals against in my Motherwell game).

Seemed like part of the problem was the two man midfield got overrun, so I dumped the mixed passing/retain possession and went back to direct passing to try and bypass midfield a bit. Defensive problems were long balls over my defenders, and too many goals given away from freekicks round my penalty box. So changed the middle CB to cover, and turned hard tackling off for the three centerback. Seems to have worked.

View attachment 1138336
View attachment 1138337View attachment 1138338
View attachment 1138339View attachment 1138340

Not sure what went wrong in the Champions League final.

Also tried it for a season with Clyde (Scottish 4th level, and my hometown team), took forever to get to Fluid because they're part-time and I couldnt get an assistant manager, but when it got there it worked well, finished the season with 15 games unbeaten streak and won the division.

I'm not going to post my version because there are already too many versions on here, but it's dimartino tweak with middle defender changed to cover and hard tackling turned off for centerbacks if anybody is interested.

Did you concede loads with clyde?? i love this tactic just wish it was a bit better defensively

Back