5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

Have not tried that tweak yet. Currently trying something completely different, but doesnt look good... Will try this tweak. You mean the one in post 733?

Can it be that the tactic is still good - but not amazing for underdogs anymore?

Yes post #733 without "harder tackles". It's amazing for me with Blyth (100% amateur against professional teams) better than "suk sam" tactic by vanco (fm scout) which on the other hand, is deadly with good teams. It crushes everything in its path ! :p

Update using Dimartino tweak BEFORE updating to 18.2 (scared to!!!)

Started with Wolves to see how far I can take them. Won the Championship very comfortably. Attached pics of where I finished 1st season in EPL, very happy with it :) Showing team I'll be starting 3rd season too. This is before updating to the 18.2 patch, after seeing a lot of peoples reviews I'm scared to update!! Wolves save done using my original tactic using the Dimartino tweak :)

Yes post #733 without "harder tackles". It's amazing for me with Blyth (100% amateur against professional teams) better than "suk sam" tactic by vanco (fm scout) which on the other hand, is deadly with good teams. It crushes everything in its path ! :p

removed harder takles from team or player instructions

Started with Wolves to see how far I can take them. Won the Championship very comfortably. Attached pics of where I finished 1st season in EPL, very happy with it :) Showing team I'll be starting 3rd season too. This is before updating to the 18.2 patch, after seeing a lot of peoples reviews I'm scared to update!! Wolves save done using my original tactic using the Dimartino tweak :)

Do NOT update your save. I regret it, and it may even ruin FM18 for me.

@allisiaa

You are terrible wrong, son... 18.2 with DanielKing97 tactics rocks good. (or you are quite a bad manager). Cheers!

@allisiaa

You are terrible wrong, son... 18.2 with DanielKing97 tactics rocks good. (or you are quite a bad manager). Cheers!
Or maybe it does'nt work nearly as good as it used to with true underdogs. The original dimartino tweak was easily top 3 best tactics I have ever used (including all editions all the way back to CM97/98). After the patch this changed.

Or maybe that FM Touch generally is easy no matter which tactic you use, for those playing that.

alissia

My save is before 18.2 came out. Im getting ridicilous results, seriously. My team is nowhere near Championship standard, mid table position at most. Since i was promoted to championship, i bought Ben Osborn to play AP, bought some cheap reserve Man Utd player and some BPD on loan, those are my major additions, and all of my players are getting superb ratings, granted, not every match but still. Right now im in March 2019, i have 2!! league loses, 2-1 vs Villa and 2-0 to Millwall. All dimartino tactic, and alissia, yours contain tweak, and your tweak actually works superb for me against tougher opp, so thanks for that.

but why are all these shots undergoing? what do you have to do to suffer fewer shots? does someone succeed?

Did you concede loads with clyde?? i love this tactic just wish it was a bit better defensively

I did. Scored lots, but conceded a fair number too, loads of crazy 5-4, 4-3 scores and a 7-4 game too. Looked like ice hockey scores.

I've tried again with Clyde, tweaking defense again. Changed to Contain, as was suggested on here, and went to "Sightly Deeper" for the defensive line (to cut down on balls hit over the top of the slow carthorses I have in defense) and turned off Offside Trap (too complicated for lower league players) and it's better defensively while still not great:

View attachment 74157

Clyde pre-season prediction is 6th, so strong season even with a leaky defense. Knocked a SPL division team out of the Cup too, not bad for a team in the 4th level.

Last edited:
Playing as Cheddar in the Western League 1st Division level 10 using the dimartino tweak and unbeaten in the first 10 games which bearing in mind I only have 3 fully green circles to match the roles and no ball playing defenders of note is very pleasing

Thanks to Danielking for the original and dimartino for the tweak

Can someone kindly tell me where I can find a download for the this tactic with DanielKing97 tweak please?

second climb

Second climb in 2 years with Blyth !! It was hot until the end ! I was traced by Leyton Orient logically saw their size and the difference in means (I had almost the same players as last season to know amateurs ...).

I alternated with the original tactic of vanco "suk sam" shared on my section ("5-2-3 100% efficiency !! Champions with....") View attachment 74096 and the main one of danielking/dimartino with "PASS INTO SPACE" / without the "tackle more hard" in instructions / players -> View attachment 74095
I think we can hardly do better.

I had to go through the playoffs, 4-1 against Tranmere in the semifinals and 6-2 in the final at Wembley against Salford, again them !!!

I finally got the professional status for the start of the sky bet league 2. We'll see what happens with a budget of 0 € transfer and 13 000 € / week for wages ...

I have been playing this formation after trying around 10 others on this forum and the dimartino tweak is incredible!! Granted I am using man united but I have been smashing Bayern, spurs, Man City, Liverpool etc. Just so you all know if you can sign Nicola Sansone on the cheap from Villarreal then go for it!! Regardless of his stats he is incredible on the right of the front 3. Started 14 subbed on in 4 also and he has 17 goals 6 assists 7.86 average rating and cost me £13.5m... just to put that in contrast Kasper Dolberg cost me £26.5m and he has started 19 subbed on 16 times and played the same position yet only has 14 goals 12 assists!! Absolute bargain !

Or maybe it does'nt work nearly as good as it used to with true underdogs. The original dimartino tweak was easily top 3 best tactics I have ever used (including all editions all the way back to CM97/98). After the patch this changed.

Or maybe that FM Touch generally is easy no matter which tactic you use, for those playing that.

Try my new tweak Allisiaa.

Seriously this tweak gave me back the joy sensation seeeing the games, really nice to see how my team play the game.

I manage FC UNITED, so guess it's good with underdogs too.

I tested hours and hours, mixed a lot of things i saw in this forum, so the tactic is bit different than DanielKing's tactic, but he is my inspiration, because his tactic gave me fun playing fm18.

Keep with Medium Centers Support and Atack for me the best combination in this fm18.

View attachment 74016

DanielKIng-523 treath mix tweak

Back