5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

I’m in my second season and despite winning the FA Cup in my first season taking Huddersfield into the UEFA Cup and currently sat 6th the board are unhappy. On further investigations it’s because I’m not following the clubs philosophy of retaining possession. I’ve requested a meeting but had it declined as they feel I’m underachieving (aim is mid table finish). WTF! Anybody else had anything similar? Also I have Martin Ødegaard on loan and he’s a great player!

I’m in my second season and despite winning the FA Cup in my first season taking Huddersfield into the UEFA Cup and currently sat 6th the board are unhappy. On further investigations it’s because I’m not following the clubs philosophy of retaining possession. I’ve requested a meeting but had it declined as they feel I’m underachieving (aim is mid table finish). WTF! Anybody else had anything similar? Also I have Martin Ødegaard on loan and he’s a great player!

Strange one that, surely they'd take silverware over keeping possession haha. That's one thing I've found with this tactic, even when you're a "big" club, you tend to have only about 50-55% possession per game....but if you're winning the match then what's the issue haha :) I've had it in the past where they've not been happy with me due to lack of high profile players, which is obviously fixable quite easy. Perhaps tweak the tactic to "retain possession" to keep the board happy haha, would be a shame to ruin it though.

Hi Daniel,

I've had a lot of success with your original tactic in my Blackburn save. Got promoted from league one in my first season, and won the checkatrade trophy, then won the Championship at the first attempt, plus won the Carabao Cup. However, in the Premiership, and I struggled, so changed to the dimartino tweak, which is awesome at home and in the Europa League, but I cannot win away! I'm also getting a lot of yellow cards, and my right wing back keeps getting sent off.

Do you have any suggestions for away games?

Hi Daniel :)

How important is it that the midfielders are central mid support and attack?

Can other (maybe more natural roles for my players) work just as good, or will that "destroy" the tactic?

Anyone else got an Ajax league going? If so how are you doing?

This is me at the end of 2nd season mate :) I won the league, dutch cup and europa league first season.

Second season i topped the CL group but then knocked out 1st round vs Bayern :( still got the dutch cup final to play and a few more league games but overall very happy so far :) solid, young team and not lost any players to the "big clubs" yet! Attached what's probably my best team :) hows yours going?

Hi Daniel,

I've had a lot of success with your original tactic in my Blackburn save. Got promoted from league one in my first season, and won the checkatrade trophy, then won the Championship at the first attempt, plus won the Carabao Cup. However, in the Premiership, and I struggled, so changed to the dimartino tweak, which is awesome at home and in the Europa League, but I cannot win away! I'm also getting a lot of yellow cards, and my right wing back keeps getting sent off.

Do you have any suggestions for away games?

Hello mate. first of all well done on the progress, that's amazing to have come this far so quickly :)!! Regarding red cards, perhaps tweak the team instructions to "stay on feet", surely that would improve it (i've always had same problem, lots of sendings off. regardless of what position is sent off, i always take off a striker and sub on someone to cover the player sent off unless of course a striker has been sent off). i'm not sure what to suggest about playing away teams. perhaps change the mentality? not sure how much that would change though to be honest as it's set up as "standard". it's been jekyl and hide for me personally, i could beat the likes of man city away 2-1 but then lose vs liverpool 4-0, not really consistent. i've not really come up with something to fix this (nor had any tips that have worked). but if you do figure something out mate let me know i'd love to give it a try myself :)

Hi Daniel :)

How important is it that the midfielders are central mid support and attack?

Can other (maybe more natural roles for my players) work just as good, or will that "destroy" the tactic?

Hello mate :) I must admit I've not tried hard enough to try improve the centre midfielders. When I'm been Tottenham for eg, I was tempted to tweak it to try and suit Dele Alli as Mezzala but because I was doing so well with them I didn't really want to change anything, if it's not broke then don't fix it type thing :) What I would say though is I did try it with Man United and tried to change the "Attack" centre midfielder to an Advanced Playmaker - Attack and the results started to go against me. Admitedly I only tried it for about 3/4 games then went back to Central Midfielder. But that's obviously not to say it doesnt work. If you find a great combination let me know mate, I definitely think it can be improved :)

This is me at the end of 2nd season mate :) I won the league, dutch cup and europa league first season.

Second season i topped the CL group but then knocked out 1st round vs Bayern :( still got the dutch cup final to play and a few more league games but overall very happy so far :) solid, young team and not lost any players to the "big clubs" yet! Attached what's probably my best team :) hows yours going?

I'm doing pretty well! I've never uploaded pics before so hopefully this works!

View attachment 71368View attachment 71367View attachment 71366

So what tweak is working best for everyone in the latest patch?

Amazing how many different tweaks/tactics there have been - probably one of the most interesting threads ive seen in my years playing FM.

Credit to Daniel King, monster idea man :D

Which version?

So what tweak is working best for everyone in the latest patch?

Amazing how many different tweaks/tactics there have been - probably one of the most interesting threads ive seen in my years playing FM.

Credit to Daniel King, monster idea man :D

For me personally it's the updated one on first page mate (Dimartino tweak), admitedly it's the only one I've used since my original, it's ubelievable for the 3 strikers!! Had unbelievable save games with all sorts of teams and had success with them all :) Completely agree mate it's been a great thread with so many peoples input, it's been great/interesting to see everyone elses progress!!

Update :

In third season with Greenock Morton

First season

Won championship
Scottish Cup

second season

won spfl
scottish cup
quarter finals of europa league

third season so far

1st in spfl
qualified for group stages of champions league

this tactic feels like there really should be a bug fix for it but I can’t help myself but use it.

Which version you using buddy?

18.2.0 and dimartino tweak.

I genuinely believe that as long as i have a decent player in each position I can go a long way in champions league barring any sendings off.

I have had Eddie nketiah on loan for 3 seasons and hes amazing for me.

18.2.0 and dimartino tweak.

I genuinely believe that as long as i have a decent player in each position I can go a long way in champions league barring any sendings off.

I have had Eddie nketiah on loan for 3 seasons and hes amazing for me.

upload it

Back