5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

The best tactic EVER.

Each year, January, We 18 friends come together and stay in a villa for 4 days. And play in the same league as real managers in FM since 2005. Each year different leageu we play. 2017 French League 1, 2016 German Divison 1, 2015 Italia Seria B, etc... (Kohlidi – Footbal Menejer Tutkunları – Bir sümüklüböcek hikayesi…)

Dude you should get money from SI for that villa ! One of the most inspiring things to do with mates!
Best post of the forum, after this tactic of-course !

Hi guys, so many pages now.
What is the best version of this tac for the 18.2.2 ?
The one in OP ?

Thanks !

Hi guys, so many pages now.
What is the best version of this tac for the 18.2.2 ?
The one in OP ?

Thanks !

Hello mate :) Yes majority definitely have the most success with the one on OP (the 3 Advanced Forwards one) :)

View attachment 1145402

Pretty sure Bayern hate me

Finally done it!!! 6th season in I won the CL at long last haha! Wouldn't even say this has been my best side to be honest! This season I played my best 11 where position instead of rotating in the league and it seems to have paid off! Had quite an easy run in the CL but delighted all the more! Cutrone is a wizard!!

Thanks for the tactic, went undefeated as Arsenal again lol. My concern is finding those players that are either play naturally as a CM Support and CM Attack. Do you have any tips or filters when it comes to scouting midfield players for your squad

Cheers

lost in the freakin fa cup and cl finals... so ****** now. but great tactic .. but does anyone know how to deal with the excruciatingly low possession about this tactic?

my team cant hold the ball for longer than 2 secs

Thanks for the tactic, went undefeated as Arsenal again lol. My concern is finding those players that are either play naturally as a CM Support and CM Attack. Do you have any tips or filters when it comes to scouting midfield players for your squad

Cheers

For me personally it’s never been a case of looking for specific attributes, I’ve looked to sign players that I personally like in real life! For “bigger” clubs, I’ve found the likes of Marco Asensio/Isco seem to always be on TL after first season, they’re great “go to” players (more so as the attacking role). I’ve said in the past the centre midfield roles could probably do with tweaking to make it better but I’ve personally not found an improvement/saw anyone else come up with an improvement but I’d happily give it a go :)

lost in the freakin fa cup and cl finals... so ****** now. but great tactic .. but does anyone know how to deal with the excruciatingly low possession about this tactic?

my team cant hold the ball for longer than 2 secs

Like you (and presumably everyone else) I’ve found the possession stats are never great, even in games where you win 5-0 for eg, possession will tend to be around the 50% mark. For me personally it’s not a problem, the stat I worry about is the final score haha, if I win I’m happy! But then of course some Boards have a philosophy that you’re judged on like playing possession football. Perhaps tweak the formation to “retain possession”, would imagine that would improve it significantly, I just worry that you’d not score so many goals as you’re taking away the counter attack/direct style.

Finally done it!!! 6th season in I won the CL at long last haha! Wouldn't even say this has been my best side to be honest! This season I played my best 11 where position instead of rotating in the league and it seems to have paid off! Had quite an easy run in the CL but delighted all the more! Cutrone is a wizard!!

Jesus! You literally havent rotated at all hahaha. Well done though! Ive just loaded up a barcelona league. Not sure on it yet. Been hard to decide who to be

Started a new save, and got the Burnley job in July 2018. I've gone exclusively with this tactic. I've got Nakhi Wells, Chris Woods, Ashley Barnes and Benik Afobe scoring for fun. Wells is currently joint top scorer with Aguero. But I'm shipping goals at an alarming rate too. I'm still 3rd with 11 games to go, but despite scoring the most (79) i've conceded the 4th highest (56). Managed to get Cahill from Chelsea in the January window and Hoban from Watford to try and shore my defence up, but it's not really helping. Any suggestions to slow down the goals conceded without also slowing the flow of goals?

View attachment 67792

Hi mate, I’ve tweaked DiMartino slightly so playing with 2 CB & moving the 3rd into DM. Seems to have resolved the possession issue and retain 55% in most games.

Dan where would you play coutinho? Im trying him upfront first season but im thinking hes more suited to centre mid

Dan where would you play coutinho? Im trying him upfront first season but im thinking hes more suited to centre mid

Yeah I'd have definitely said CM mate, the attacking side for sure :) Have you updated transfers through editor? Or did you go Liverpool instead?

Yeah I'd have definitely said CM mate, the attacking side for sure :) Have you updated transfers through editor? Or did you go Liverpool instead?

Used the editor. Think ill use him as striker first season then move to centre mid

Started a new save, and got the Burnley job in July 2018. I've gone exclusively with this tactic. I've got Nakhi Wells, Chris Woods, Ashley Barnes and Benik Afobe scoring for fun. Wells is currently joint top scorer with Aguero. But I'm shipping goals at an alarming rate too. I'm still 3rd with 11 games to go, but despite scoring the most (79) i've conceded the 4th highest (56). Managed to get Cahill from Chelsea in the January window and Hoban from Watford to try and shore my defence up, but it's not really helping. Any suggestions to slow down the goals conceded without also slowing the flow of goals?

View attachment 1145710

Well, to follow on from my previous post, somehow Burnley defied the odds and won the Premier League and the FA Cup! View attachment 67423