5230 Park The Bus with WBA to win the EPL. Solid Performance.

• Thread starter Thread starter LonWolf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 552
  • Views Views 364K
What would be the perfect line up for this tactic? And has anyone got any hidden gem signings that would fit this tactic well?

I see the author of the tactic hasn' been on the forums for a week, but still, a question:
Did you create and use this tactic only during 17.2 patch or the one before that?
Curious to see if there are any differences in tactic performance between the patches, since IWBs were tweaked and changed in 17.2 patch.

Double post here, but it's worth it.
Decided to give it a quick go with Las Palmas and errr...

ppTfy0C.png

Look at the teams I've played, too!

not usually a five at the back fan, nor strikerless so both should have put me off but this year i thought.. **** it why not! so i started a save as southampton as they're a great team to develop youth through and have a proper save, got some wonderkids in with that amazing budget they have, team cohesion training helps that and well I am very pleased with this tactic, by far the best on this site! thank you!

View attachment 112501
4th season in Serie A and Parma again on the throne. time to conquer Champions League, maybe not next season, but in near future :).
by the way am still fighting to win Europa League, so far so good, semi-final with Newcastle.

Forward players

Working in League 2with Plymouth Argyle and unsure about the front three. You can only really concentrate on 1-2 attributes in the lower leagues for player recruitment. Does anyone have any experience with this? I seem to get the best results from pace / acceleration in those positions.

Feedback welcome. Thanks

Working in League 2with Plymouth Argyle and unsure about the front three. You can only really concentrate on 1-2 attributes in the lower leagues for player recruitment. Does anyone have any experience with this? I seem to get the best results from pace / acceleration in those positions.

Feedback welcome. Thanks

The front 3 always have to have pace and acceleration, no matter if I am a big or small team. But this is a rule that I use for any tactic, for more than 10 years.

What would be the perfect line up for this tactic? And has anyone got any hidden gem signings that would fit this tactic well?

You do not have to mind too much about a perfect line up for this tactic, for example I have two natural DMCs with poor marking playing as DC for 3 years now, with great results. From 6 DCs, 2 are DMCs, 1 in the first 3, the other in the second 3.

I have a good team, but not the best team, since I play only regional players, but I am always in for the titles.

The perfect line up?
Neymar, Messi and Dybala up front. Pogba and whatever ( Koke, Vidal, Delle Alli, Dier ( I employ him as a DC ), Maia, Busquets, Bazooer, etc ) in the middle ( I always train the CMS as DMCs, with focus on passing, I want them to be able to both defend the middle and give awesome passes ).

Donarruma as GK for sure. Or if you want a more experienced one, Courtois, De Gea, Ter Stegen.

Romagnoli, Pique, Stones, Tah, several others, all great DCs lack something, some speed, some a skill, etc.

When it comes about full backs, they all lack something again. So you can take Bellerin, and focus on his Marking skill to improve, and Grimaldo ( I really like the guy in FM 17 ). Gaya, I am not impressed by his defensive skills tho, Shaw, Clyne, are all in the same bracket. As I said, all lack something.

But, a big but. Most of the tactics will do awesome with these players, you would have to have a really bad tactic not to. You really don't need them.

Feedback welcome. Thanks

Pace and acceleration are literally the only thing you need in lower leagues. As you go up, I'd add decisions and anticipation. If you follow those 4 attributes alone, you can never go wrong for any position, not just forwards.

Pace and acceleration are literally the only thing you need in lower leagues. As you go up, I'd add decisions and anticipation. If you follow those 4 attributes alone, you can never go wrong for any position, not just forwards.
Goalkeepers excluded :D

Last edited:
Decent start to the friendlies... I think this tactic suits NUFC's natural defensive capabilities.

View attachment 112320

I'll post at the end of the season.

My only issue so far is that I have Mitro and Gayle rendered almost useless. How will Gayle fare in AMC position considering he has 0 aptitude for it?

Last edited:
View attachment 112190

View attachment 112189

Just achieved promotion at the first time of asking using the Al Quieda version! first task at taking over was to get rid of the deadwood including a huge wage budget ! managed to bring in some decent championship players ! Also broke records for most clean sheets in a season, Most points amassed in a season and record amount of wins in a season :) awesome work to the creator and the tweaker :)

Decent start to the friendlies... I think this tactic suits NUFC's natural defensive capabilities.

View attachment 1095703

I'll post at the end of the season.

My only issue so far is that I have Mitro and Gayle rendered almost useless. How will Gayle fare in AMC position considering he has 0 aptitude for it?

I you have a player that you consider too good to sell, retrain him. Even if in the first months his positional aptitude is zero, if he is so good that you want to keep him it is worth to do it.

I retrained CMs to DCs starting with 0 fluidity, and played them game after game and they delivered. I did the same same with wingers of AMCs turned into strikers, or whatever. Of course, if you want a retrained player to constantly deliver as a striker he has to have striker attributes, not only positional skills.

Last edited:
I you have a player that you consider too good to sell, retrain him. Even if in the first months his positional aptitude is zero, if he is so good that you want to keep him it is worth to do it.

I retrained CMs to DCs starting with 0 fluidity, and played them game after game and they delivered. I did the same same with wingers of AMCs turned into strikers, or whatever. Of course, if you want a retrained player to constantly deliver as a striker he has to have striker attributes, not only positional skills.

post your team line up please

View attachment 1095836

View attachment 1095837

Just achieved promotion at the first time of asking using the Al Quieda version! first task at taking over was to get rid of the deadwood including a huge wage budget ! managed to bring in some decent championship players ! Also broke records for most clean sheets in a season, Most points amassed in a season and record amount of wins in a season :) awesome work to the creator and the tweaker :)
I have spent some time to upgrade this tactic as max as it possible, and the final result is AlQaeda v2. There's no big tweaks, but i think it is absolutly maximum what we can get reach from this one. It is a final version of tweak of 5230 Park the Bus from me. AlQaeda v2 has implemented MrL better set pieces. Good luck, and happy new year :)

Forward players

I have spent some time to upgrade this tactic as max as it possible, and the final result is AlQaeda v2. There's no big tweaks, but i think it is absolutly maximum what we can get reach from this one. It is a final version of tweak of 5230 Park the Bus from me. AlQaeda v2 has implemented MrL better set pieces. Good luck, and happy new year :)

Have you experimented with AMC on attack rather than SS. I have changed them due to a number of loan players coming in better suited to that role and my attacking prowess has increased. Not sure if this is better for the tactic or just due to my players

Have you experimented with AMC on attack rather than SS. I have changed them due to a number of loan players coming in better suited to that role and my attacking prowess has increased. Not sure if this is better for the tactic or just due to my players

I use an enganche in as the central one of the three SS, and it works great!

Back