6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

• Thread starter Thread starter Shyftyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 627
  • Views Views 118K
So, i have ended with a 4-1-3-2-0, 4 defenders, 1 DMC 3 CMs and 2 wingers.

It does not create (yet :)) too much CCCs, except from set pieces, where i have excellent results in corners and free kicks.

Here is the download for testing, tweaking and what you think fits.

View attachment 318268

Enjoy

PS - change mentality to Normal, its set to defend but its a mistake

Last edited:
So, i have ended with a 4-1-3-2-0, 4 defenders, 1 DMC 3 CMs and 2 wingers.

It does not create (yet :)) too much CCCs, except from set pieces, where i have excellent results in corners and free kicks.

Here is the download for testing, tweaking and what you think fits.

View attachment 318268

Enjoy

PS - change mentality to Normal, its set to defend but its a mistake

did you test it?

can i see some screens of ur results?

How's it going with this apvmoreira? I am still working on my own version :)

really interesting hypothesis mate inspired me to create summat similar, using your original tactic as a template, currently set up as follows:

gk

fb(defend) ld(defend) ld(defend) fb(defend)

dmc(support) anchor man(defend) dmc(support)

wide mid(auto) cm(attack) wide mid(auto)

will do some more testing at weekend but i'm with stoke, currently have the cm set to hold up the ball and play through balls often so the wingers can run off him, however would you reccomend setting my back four to man-marking as in my first friendly (1-1) draw, i got exploited out wide a bit their goal came from a cross, will keep you updated with how mine goes

Last edited:
also shyftyy do you reckon a counter version with a back four two dmc's two wide mids or wing backs, and a centre mid and an inside forward in the amc could work, just thought this would attack more as well as providing solid defense

@StueyRob Have you tried using a lower league team? I like your new concept!

@StueyRob Have you tried using a lower league team? I like your new concept!

no not yet, guna finish this season off with Juve then choose another team to play with for another season
so far im unbeaten in league, into final of italian cup and play bayern in 1/4 of champ league

im open to suggestions on what team to be next tho :)

Any league in particular? I'm going to the extreme and say Independiente from Argentina.

lol well ive had people moan at me when ive tested my tactics with south american teams, i did 1 with botafogo and people wanted me to test it with a top team and that league was too easy lol

Back