6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

• Thread starter Thread starter Shyftyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 627
  • Views Views 118K
same as my final with ajax in the first season.
won 2-1 to real.

now for second season won the dutch league and now playing semi final against porto.

good luck m8, was thinking of testing this with a lower rep team after this season ends

either fenerbache or galatasary..what u think?

good luck m8, was thinking of testing this with a lower rep team after this season ends

either fenerbache or galatasary..what u think?

yeah same for me.

maybe use my ajax save for the side ;)

i would play galatasary, think cause i'm dutch and would like see sneijder in this tactic.

think i will play west ham utd for my next game.

yeah same for me.

maybe use my ajax save for the side ;)

i would play galatasary, think cause i'm dutch and would like see sneijder in this tactic.

think i will play west ham utd for my next game.

yeah was thinking the same with sneijder myself, but then i think of fenerbache and the team they have aswell lol

ur goals or only from corners.

that mustly the reason why everyone is tweaking the original.
need more goals!!!
yes but i am going to continue tweaking, just feel it's a good start,

yes but i am going to continue tweaking, just feel it's a good start,

if im totally honest u need to hav at least 1 acm if u want to score goals, being too deep gives the your team too much to do in attack i felt

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test until the weekend because of work( I am still at the office) but I am glad to see so many people having fun testing,tweaking and debating :) I will post some updates during the weekend! Keep up the good work!

if im totally honest u need to hav at least 1 acm if u want to score goals, being too deep gives the your team too much to do in attack i felt
I agree with you there I was thinking of playing an amc with the inside forward role, but as Stoke have no competent i'm going to use a striker instead, not sure what role to give him yet

second game what a result, although not quite as exciting as the Spurs game tonight ;) View attachment 318673

As you can see we were quite threatening again, this time we scored from open play as well :)

second game what a result, although not quite as exciting as the Spurs game tonight ;) View attachment 318673

As you can see we were quite threatening again, this time we scored from open play as well :)

Pezz how about trying a 4-1-5

ML-MCL-MC-MCR-MR
-------DMC---------
DL----CB----CB---DR

making the 3 mc's Box-to-Box with high attacking on them...RFD, often...and set the wingers to support with RFD sometimes...so basically in theory let the 3 MC's run forward to attack and run back to help defend....what you think??

Last edited:
nice tactic! won 3-0 vs arsenal with swansea and 1-0 vs united.

Pezz how about trying a 4-1-5

ML-MCL-MC-MCR-MR
-------DMC---------
DL----CB----CB---DR

making the 3 mc's Box-to-Box with high attacking on them...RFD, often...and set the wingers to support with RFD sometimes...so basically in theory let the 3 MC's run forward to attack and run back to help defend....what you think??

When I finally get home tonight, I am going to try a 4-1-4-1 variant of what you have posted. As stueyRob said I am fairly convinced that you need at least one AMC to get the scoring up.

When I finally get home tonight, I am going to try a 4-1-4-1 variant of what you have posted. As stueyRob said I am fairly convinced that you need at least one AMC to get the scoring up.

Yeah true, I'd probably suggest either treq or att mid for the role as both are attacking styles with scoring..the treq is more forward thinking aswell, and gets into striker positions

Awesome, and only 6 goals against. What tweaks did you make?

By the way, don't forget to rate the thread if you think it can help other people :)

Last edited:
Yeah true, I'd probably suggest either treq or att mid for the role as both are attacking styles with scoring..the treq is more forward thinking aswell, and gets into striker positions

yes, but the treq does't care about the defense but it should be filled by the other 7 players (treq and wingers excluded) so I will give it a go. I am also going to try the small pitchsize. It should allow us to get to the opposition goal faster and fill up the space on defense. it may also allow them to get back in position quicker so I am curious to see how it affects the tactic.

Awesome, and only 6 goals against. What tweaks did you make?

By the way, don't forget to rate the thread if you think it can help other people :)

i have rated it ;)

and my tweaks are:

more direct play
2 cm's set to dyn..
drilled crosses
play a little more wide
changed each player mentality a bit more attacking.
more pressure
tackling a little less hard

and some more....

will make some screens of it
and maybe if there is intrest i will upload the tactic

i have rated it ;)

and my tweaks are:

more direct play
2 cm's set to dyn..
drilled crosses
play a little more wide
changed each player mentality a bit more attacking.
more pressure
tackling a little less hard

and some more....

will make some screens of it
and maybe if there is intrest i will upload the tactic

Sounds good. By Dynamic you mean box-to-box right?

You're more than welcome to upload your own tactic. You have put a lot of effort in it as well :)

Off to a 4 hour meeting :( Won't be able to respond for a while.

Back