6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Might try it again if there are any champ sides bar bristol that could work without to many transfers

Overall not bad. Predicted to finish 3rd so on track there. Europa League performance has been a highlight with making the group stages a major achievement.

Have had a recent spell of bad form so hopefully we come out of it but as the tactic still isn't fluid I'm hopeful of an improvement.

Will come back with more feedback after another 10 games.

Hello bro its very interesting tactic, tell me if I can put striker as central mid?

Hey Galizero,

To be honest, I am not entirely sure. If they can handle the Advanced Playmaker attack position(they need to be able to good at the AMC position) and have some flair then possibly yes. However, out and out strikers will probably not work.

Give it a go and let us know :)

Overall not bad. Predicted to finish 3rd so on track there. Europa League performance has been a highlight with making the group stages a major achievement.

Have had a recent spell of bad form so hopefully we come out of it but as the tactic still isn't fluid I'm hopeful of an improvement.

Will come back with more feedback after another 10 games.

Not to bad indeed but I was hoping for less goals against. Watch the fatigue as well. Can you show me your coaches set-up please? I am trying to find out why it seems so erratic between different teams.

I appreciate the testing :)

Shyftyy,

A little update for you.

I started a new game as Newcastle, released all the staff and recruited ones so my training is all 4 stars and above.

The tactic is now fluid, and is gradually getting better. I love how stable the tactic is, and it does play well on the counter when your team get used to it.

It can take a while for the tactic to become fluent, and you won't score bucket loads of goals because of how it's setup. You can go through games within 1 minute (on key highlights) as there is literally nothing of any note happening.

I think getting the right players is crucial though - and could do with being expanded on? I've got Ben Arfa as a CM (had to re-train him) and he's getting better with each game due to his speed and dribbling ability. The wingbacks like you said could do with being wingers of sorts because they need to make the most of the chances as they do get through 1 on 1 time and time again.

I'm making sure that I set the recommended instructions on 2 MC's if they opposition are playing them, and my *** Man does that OI's - and he's got very good stats - Bernhard Peters.

See how I'm doing in the league below - despite scoring so little and having average record so far there's something I really really like about this type of tactic.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 316205 View attachment 316206

If you need a Defending Bloke get- Paulo Cesar Batista Dos Santos

Is this the tactic to beat City? I really hope so, so tired of that 4-2-3-1 that keeps destroying me!

I've been looking for a tactic like this for a while. I haven't downloaded it, but instead set it up myself in tactic creator. Just played my first match with it against Figueirense on my pre-season tour of Brazil. It seemed to work very well. We won 1-0, having 8 shots at goal with 3 on target, whilst restricting the opposition to just 1 shot at goal in the entire game! My goal was scored by my right wing-back, who had several other decent chances too! Putting wing backs on finishing training might be a good idea for this tactic! Also, for the opposition instructions, I use a "full court press", i.e. tight marking, closing down, hard tackling and show onto weaker foot for evry opposition player, not just the CMs.

Is this the tactic to beat City? I really hope so, so tired of that 4-2-3-1 that keeps destroying me!

Certainly hope so. Give it a go! It seems a bit erratic at the moment due to the ppm's and attributes of different players which I will ook further into.

I've been looking for a tactic like this for a while. I haven't downloaded it, but instead set it up myself in tactic creator. Just played my first match with it against Figueirense on my pre-season tour of Brazil. It seemed to work very well. We won 1-0, having 8 shots at goal with 3 on target, whilst restricting the opposition to just 1 shot at goal in the entire game! My goal was scored by my right wing-back, who had several other decent chances too! Putting wing backs on finishing training might be a good idea for this tactic! Also, for the opposition instructions, I use a "full court press", i.e. tight marking, closing down, hard tackling and show onto weaker foot for evry opposition player, not just the CMs.

Thanks for the great tips Bladesman! I have been playing around with the finishing training and it seems to do okay then. For now, I'll focus at bit on what types of players are needed as it's still to erratic to be officially released but I am grateful for the feedback!

Shyftyy,

A little update for you.

I started a new game as Newcastle, released all the staff and recruited ones so my training is all 4 stars and above.

The tactic is now fluid, and is gradually getting better. I love how stable the tactic is, and it does play well on the counter when your team get used to it.

It can take a while for the tactic to become fluent, and you won't score bucket loads of goals because of how it's setup. You can go through games within 1 minute (on key highlights) as there is literally nothing of any note happening.

I think getting the right players is crucial though - and could do with being expanded on? I've got Ben Arfa as a CM (had to re-train him) and he's getting better with each game due to his speed and dribbling ability. The wingbacks like you said could do with being wingers of sorts because they need to make the most of the chances as they do get through 1 on 1 time and time again.

I'm making sure that I set the recommended instructions on 2 MC's if they opposition are playing them, and my *** Man does that OI's - and he's got very good stats - Bernhard Peters.

See how I'm doing in the league below - despite scoring so little and having average record so far there's something I really really like about this type of tactic.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 316205 View attachment 316206

Hi Mike,

Sorry I could not respond earlier. Long day at the office. I think you are right when it comes to the players. I'll update the main post with some match preperation. Thanks for sending me some updates.

So far it has been quite inconsistent, still doing well though, and the tactic is finally fluid so hopefully I can push on from there! Great results vs big teams- apart from Man City and Chelsea who scored in the 93rd minute!

View attachment 316274View attachment 316275

So far it has been quite inconsistent, still doing well though, and the tactic is finally fluid so hopefully I can push on from there! Great results vs big teams- apart from Man City and Chelsea who scored in the 93rd minute!

View attachment 316274View attachment 316275

Thanks for the feedback. I agree. It seems a bit inconsistent which probably has to do with the players and their roles which I will look further into. Hopefully the combined efforts can make this work.

I will start a new game with Wigan and show you the match preparation in an updated main post and see where it leads.

Edit: Actually scratch that. I am going to compare the players in my Barca save and Bristol City to see why the defense is so strong with them and take a proper look at the players set-up.

Last edited:
ok heres is my first 10 games withis tac w1 d3 l6 f3 a8 so not going very well more to do with my team more than your tac its a very good tac im not geting hammerd and when i do lose its normaily 1-0 so its good in def will keep testing and hope thing turn around b4 i get the sack

ok heres is my first 10 games withis tac w1 d3 l6 f3 a8 so not going very well more to do with my team more than your tac its a very good tac im not geting hammerd and when i do lose its normaily 1-0 so its good in def will keep testing and hope thing turn around b4 i get the sack

Thank you. Who are you playing with?