e8479c5f2cf5b63e9121af00ce28bec5.png

"Rory, sorry for calling so early. I know you were out with the boys last night but why have the club heard that you are leaving for ****** Chelsea?" Big Sam called, with his groggy, aggressive voice.

"I spoke to Mourinho, he's back at Chelsea obviously and yeah, I spoke with him. Nothing official yet, he wanted permission from the club before approaching." I replied, as I rolled off my couch at a relative loss as to where I was.

Before realising it wasn't my couch, and I plumped straight on top of a bewildered Mark Noble and looked around to see a few younger players also deciding to crash in the same home.

"We didn't turn down an approach, laddie but surely you can think about it?"

"I have something else I need to think about first, but I'll give you a call once he's back in contact." I responded, as I began to prod Mark Noble in the face.

He would awake and look even more lost before a smiley Modibo Maiga walked through.

"Yas hello boys, this my home you all sleep here!"

/

201838ab7ccd2641254f4a6dad7a0211.png

I'd make it home before being called to a meeting with a representative of Jose Mourinho, it was a little different but I would literally just talk about the contract details before I'd meet with Mourinho later in the week to officially sign and talk about his vision at Chelsea.

It became apparent that Jose Mourinho really wanted me, I'd be looking at a £22,000 per week deal with major bonuses for cup competitions and then if another club actually approached me they'd compensate me with the rest of my contract being paid in full.

Did they think I didn't want to move to Chelsea Football Club and work under Jose Mourinho with some of Europe's best talents? Like come on!

A 5 year deal would be agree'd. Meeting Jose Mourinho later in the week would be a real experience too, I'd be part of a core group at the top of the club with Steve Holland, Josie Morais, Rui Faria and Jose Mourinho himself.

This was unbelievable. How was I here? I just spoke about football and spoke common sense to Professional Footballers. But here I was part of a core squad working to make Chelsea the Champions of Europe!

7e013a5c6a03b0cdbbcfbf56e96571b6.png

7e2cd7192c7de6365a370083c6c89df3.png
RORY SCOTT SET TO JOIN MOURINHO

8c8f61a5856ff70e630ffb50001a2aa1.png

Rory Scott will also be making a move to Chelsea to work with new and returning manager Jose Mourinho! The ex-Professional footballer, who won the League Cup with Birmingham in 2011 and featured in over 10 games for Scotland has recently been praised for his Youth Development plans in Scotland after incredible work at West Ham's academy level. From there, he began to work incredibly closely with the first team as they beat the drop and finished in the top half last year.

Josie Mourinho told Chelsea TV earlier today "He's for sure a talented man, he talks well and I am excited about working with him in my return to the English game. It's the right time for me to return to the game and it is the perfect time for him to make a step up in the game. Y'know?"

We also got word from Rory Scott, who told us via phone call "It's a huge achievement, in my mind, to get a call from anyone saying I have done well, is huge, but from someone like Mourinho is special. I feel proud, and I am unbelievably excited to work with some world class coaches and players. It's still a project and challenge. It's exciting."

"Remember, we take a lead today and we keep it. Arsenal are a good side, what's the point in taking a 1-0 lead and then throwing it away? They'll punish us, so hold that ball and play a sensible game. They can't score if we have the ball at our feet. Can they?" I finalised the pre-game team talk as Mourinho asked me too.

It was the 23rd of December and we would face Arsenal at the Emirates, we were still in the top 3 as they sat a place ahead of us and could regain top spot for Christmas day with a victory.

In the end, we'd both be way too cagey and it would be 0-0. I was half way through my Pro License and had actually been linked to a few jobs North of the border, but most of it was simply just paper talk. I still wasn't sure if I was made and sculptured for the management game.

I'd also set up a new 'progression' path for Chelsea's youth, from School kids through to apprentices and the academy.

It was incredible, you know? Telling someone as talented as Eden Hazard or Frank Lampard how to do something differently whether it was technically or tactically? Whether it was just getting them motivated for a game? It was unreal, I was just supposed to be Rory Scott but now I was respected at Chelsea FC working under Jose Mourinho.

In the end, it was a quiet year. We would finish comfortably in 3rd and despite having a real shot at going for the title, it wasn't Jose's aim. He was building for a European title, the Premier League would come on that journey.

The European title was right there this past season too, we'd exit in the Semi Final to Atletico Madrid who were unbelievable. They would split the dominance of Real Madrid and Barcelona in Spain too, which was unbelievable.

Jose Mourinho would really begin to come a huge fan of me, it was weird that he'd really listen to what I said. He was such a great man and would listen to everything I said and advised. He was a completely different man when put in front of a camera or microphone.

And now we were desperate for success after coming so close last year. We would specifically aim for the title as a group but to the media, we were "still building".

I was unbelievably excited at what was happening, and managed to achieve my Pro Licence. This was it, I was part of something special and I was making a stupid amount of money.

Next year was it.

However, the following year would be different. We'd be a quality side and were almost looking at an invincible season in the league but we would end up throwing it against Newcastle United and then I would completely fall out with Jose Mourinho.

The argument would practically start with me making a "park the bus" joke and this turned into a tactical lecture and a "Don't come back".

I felt we could smash 4, 5 or 6 past sides. Eden Hazard could be better and we had disagreements over letting Lampard go - he was still doing a job at a top level but instead of being with us he was with Manchester City.

Sure, on the occasion we would hit 5 past a side but other times we'd sit on a 1-0. I had no reason to complain, but I had developed my own way of thinking about football and it wasn't the same way Jose Mourinho thought. I'd return after the League Cup win and Champions League exit to see the title out after Mourinho called me asking if I was interested in returning.

I'd return and see the league out and Mourinho wanted to get things working between us again, however, I had a different opportunity..

This sure has been an interesting read! Thank you very much for the afternoon entertainment, love the way the story is written. Very unique! :)

Hanging by a thread here mate! Cant wait to see what happens to Rory next!!!

"Yes, Mr Scott. Now, that I know you want a move into management I don't think we can work together anymore." Jose Mourinho started the conversation after I returned from an interview with David Gold, of West Ham, it would be an exciting job. Europa League football, money, and the Olympic Park. But it didn't look like I wasn't getting the job.

I hadn't experienced top level management and my time at Chelsea and history with Tottenham and Arsenal would apparently see me with no real chance.

"I understand that, Jose. I thank you for everything I have learned from you. It really is unbelievable. Thanks. A lot."

"It is fine, you can go far. I am sure. Sarah will talk to you about compensation and what not. Thanks. Good bye." I got up and left the office. My time at Chelsea drew to a close with a Pro License and everything I could have possibly learned about the game bar actually managing it. I was on my own now.