Glasgow Rangers FC, how about it? I mean, I wasn't supposed to like them, I was from Aberdeen. I was supposed to hate them but there was a certain magic about them and now I was part of a squad ready to challenge for the title and play in the Champions League. I made my Rangers and Champions League debut again FC Kobenhavn in the Play Off for the group stages.

We sneaked by, after an edgy 1-1 at home we managed to get a late goal through Shota Arveladze in the away tie to win 2-1. I was ecstatic, the Champions League awaited me and my Rangers teammates. This was crazy and exciting. We'd draw Panathanaikos, Stuttgart and Manchester United! This was it!

We got off to a flying start in the league too, before a defeat to Celtic had us stumbling and a few poor results had us slip away from them. We got off to a solid start in the Champions League too, I gave a goal in our 2-1 win at home to Panathanaikos after a scrap in the box had me drill one past the keeper. We drew with Stuttgart but two losses to United left us scrambling for a top 3 but we choked and couldn't pick anymore points up and were out of Europe by Christmas and seemingly out the title race.

I had asked if I could get a shot back in the middle of the park after a few dodgy performances at right back but McLeish decided that I would see January on the bench, where would lose to Celtic again as their lead continued. I finally returned to the squad in a dismal 2-0 loss to Dundee United and then tragic struck in training. I was caught in the middle of two rocks in Marvin Andrews and Henning Berg - my second broken leg. My season was over.

b765fa11cdf63fc8df7921a136db8fb3.png

Rangers would go on to finish second, miles adrift of Celtic who would also knock Rangers out of the Scottish Cup. We'd also be knocked out by Hibs in the League Cup.

Tragic.

Devastating, so much ability potentially going to waste due to injuries! Hopefully you channel Aaron Ramsey and come back as good as ever!

I was almost excited about the next season for Rangers, we had made all these signings and we were desperate to get the Scottish Premier League title back of Old Firm rivals Celtic. However, at the same time I missed pre-season and we had all these new players brought into the club.

However, by time I was fully fit we were looking like we needed some life in the side and Alex McLeish was interested in throwing me in to play just behind strikers Nacho Novo and Dado Prso. I had played never played here. My first game back came against Inverness, we'd win 1-0 but I was relatively quiet throughout. I'd remain in the side for a few more weeks as we won 2-0 four games in a row, I'd score 3 and set up 2, winning the Player of the Month award in the league and my second International cap. I'd continue to look good in the Europa League too, getting involved in a 3-0 over some Austrian side before I pulled my hamstring and couldn't get really fit and into the side again properly until January.

January also had my a lot of news regarding my contract coming to a close at the end of the year. I had signed a 2 year contract and had now been at Rangers for 1 and a half. It was unbelievable how fast time had gone. I'd be 22 come the end of the year. Fans had began to warm to me and a few wanted to see me sign a new deal - as did I, but I was still to see a contract in front of me.

I was back in the side for the Old Firm tie at Parkhead, no longer behind the front 2 but in a deeper midfield role. I managed to set one up but the bigger news was the bust-up with Neil Lennon that saw him booked and substituted off early due to the chance of a red card. It was a massive 2-0 win as we moved 3 clear at the top.

March arrived and I would have Jeremy on the phone every other day with clubs and journalists wanting to know what was happening. By this point I had featured in 25 games, scoring 7 and having the same number of assists. The clubs were a few other Scottish sides and a couple of Championship sides so I was still after a Rangers deal which I felt I deserved. I was versatile and continued to play decent.

However, after another false story of me "demanding a new deal" came out it meant I would miss out on the League Cup final where we won 5-1 against Motherwell.

All eyes shifted to the Title race though, as we were neck and neck with Celtic as we closed in on the finish line. We' lose to Dundee United and then Celtic themselves. Virtually ensuring the title went to Celtic. We were all so beaten, I decided I would step up. The changing room was dead, I got up, having not featured from the bench and told them to stop feeling sorry for themselves. "It isn't even nearly f'n over lads, it is time to pull out our fingers and f^cking play for the fans. This is Rangers, boys. Want it."

From there, McLeish had me straight back in the side. The following week we had Aberdeen. Celtic had managed to lose to Hibs and we would win 3-1. I scored one and received an unbelievable amount of abuse from the Aberdeen fans. Anyway, moving on to the following week where we had Hearts and a great first half display had us win 2-1.

Arveladze in his final game for Rangers smashed in 2 along with Buffel and myself in a 4-1 win over Motherwell. We would regain the top spot going into the final day where we would win the SPL title on the final day!

Unbelievable. Celebrations were unbelievable, it was all surreal.

David Murray would call me into his office the following morning, I had only stopped drinking half an hour before so relied on Jeremy to do a lot of the talking.

Another 2 year deal, worth £11,000 per week. Almost £10,000 more than I was just on. I had secured myself a new deal, a SPL title and League Cup. 32 games, 11 massive goals and 10 assists. I would once again feature in the Scottish squad, this time in a competitive fixture as we aimed to qualify for the 2006 World Cup - which was a world away. Nice experience anyway. 3 caps to date!

eebd7f10f52bebecb9f9612741827b6c.png

"No Dad, I am happy in Glasgow, at Rangers and I have met someone. Jeremy definitely did not push me into the deal. We just won the league, didn't we?" I argued with Dad down the phone as he worried that I was pushed into the Rangers contract. And I didn't lie, I was delighted to be at Rangers. Okay, being in and around Glasgow wasn't this unbelievable experience but I was on decent money playing European football and regularly making calls to the Scotland squad. What more could I really ask for?

Come June, however, there was talk that Champions League winners Liverpool were still watching me at Rangers. They had a poor league campaign but were definitely in position for expanding and growth after European success. However, it wouldn't be as a first team regular, so I didn't want the move. There was talk of interest from Tottenham who finished 9th. It would be a return to my footballing roots but I was quite happy at Rangers.

Upon returning for pre-season I had a call in from Alex McLeish. I assumed it was a general one, outlining my role and aims - like everyone would have. A form of appraisal. But it was different.

"Alright, lad? Take a seat." He said as I entered his well-lit, blue office at Murray Park. I told him I was and we spoke a little about the Summer.

"You came out your shell at the end of last season, Rory." McLeish began.

"You, at the age of 22, got up and spoke to your teammates when we were looking like we had thrown the title. You were unbelievable. I want to see more of that this year, I won't be giving you the armband but if Barry ain't around then you'll take it. You're the vice-captain if you will" He smiled and said I had earned it. This was unreal. I'd replace Ricksen, behind Ferguson. who was a great head, maybe a bit unprofessional, but this was great. I was excited.

662eb08c868d205f223ccdc21568d36c.png

From a devastating injury to an SPL title and vice captaincy!

Nothing's holding you back!

We got off to a decent start with wins over Inverness and Livingston, I'd score 2 and then we went on an awful run. Come December we were completely out of the title race, however we did have European football to come back to in 2006. I wasn't playing too great myself either, I had scored 5, set up 5 and played 21. We had Villareal to look forward to in the Champions League last 16.

McLeish was feeling the pressure and a few of us were linked with moves South, even Celtic were directly interested in a move for me but I couldn't dare think of a move just across the City. January was a stronger month for the club, we would win all 3 games as I really turned up, scoring 4 but was struck with a torn hamstring and would miss the next 3 months that saw us knocked out of Europe on away goals and being knocked out of the Scottish Cup saw McLeish mutually agree to leave the club at the seasons end.

In my time out, I finally got engaged to Emma who I had met over a year ago and made headlines for apparently getting into a bit of a tussle with a 19 year old keeper who played with Celtic - lovely!

I did return to the side when I was fit and featured another 6 times, scoring against Celtic as well as another 2 goals and 4 assists. The season came to a close with Paul Le Guen setting up to replace McLeish. I'd feature in 29 games, scoring 12 and being the assist to another 5. Decent season as we failed to be a success as a club. Poor.

e5b52d1c4446c5dd0887c8470de654f8.png

5c82d4f7bf877bdf37758d333c41d9d4.png

"Hello, so as you know I am Paul le Guen. I understand you are the captain and 'vice-captain' of the team?"
The thick French accent of the new gaffer hit myself and Barry. We both glanced at each other and nodded our heads. We were both making relatively unsure as to what we were to expect from the new boss.

"Well, you see - I do not quite agree. Scott, we have interest in yourself, you are young and I can't see a future for you under myself at this club." He continued to glance up at me while looking at papers in front of him. I was shocked, I was young and the vice-captain of Rangers behind Barry Ferguson, despite not having the best of years, I was still a decent player last year. Hitting double figures goal wise as a central midfielder.

"What? Sorry gaffer, but Rory is a real asset to our side." Barry Ferguson spoke up, as shocked as me.

"You can't be serious, mate?" I added.

"Yes, apologies but this much is true. Talk to your agent, thanks."

What?

f0ff7c8d56c4cb9bfbc2ab512ce48acb.png

Watford Want Scott

d15a573c3f2b57fe34dca450b2bc924c.png

As Watford gear up for their Premier League season after making it through the Championship play-offs; one of their first signings is looking like Rangers man Rory Scott.

Rory Scott was apparently shown the door by new French manager Paul Le Guen and interest has circled ever since. Rory Scott does have 1 year left on his apparent £14,000 per week deal at Rangers, after a pay rise due to loyalty clauses.

Watford join fellow promoted side Reading and Premier League outfit Charlton in a race for the Scotsman's signature. Scott has featured for his national side 7 times and scored 12 in 29 for the Glasgow club last season. While Watford are favourites for the signature, it is unsure as to where the 24 year old will go.

Scotland boss and ex-Rangers manager Walter Smith has criticised Paul Le Guen for isolating Rory Scott but hopes the player continues to feature as a key part of his next side.

bd4646989b8e069067eacc0e31e682c3.png

"F^cking Celtic, Rory? Don't be stupid." David Weir said as I told them what was looking like my next move. I told the first team squad first before it was all made public.

"It's a big f^ck you to the Frenchie, anyway." Barry added, looking up while getting kitted up for training.

"I know it's stupid, and I don't think anyone recently had made the straight switch. But I don't want to leave Glasgow or the Old Firm experience. And yeah, hopefully Paul gets a real bollocking from the fans."

Haha - hope you score in the derby and celebrate in front of Le Guen!!!

f0ff7c8d56c4cb9bfbc2ab512ce48acb.png

SCOTT IN GROUND-BREAKING OLD FIRM SWITCH

bedd4e351bf3d0f2cde4304fe1d50326.png

Today, it was announced that Rory Scott would be leaving Rangers for Glasgow and Old Firm rivals Celtic. Rory Scott was spotted at Parkhead yesterday and Rangers revealed today through manager Paul Le Guen. Another source close to Glasgow Rangers has reported the move was worth £3,000,000. Bids had been accepted from Premier League newboys Watford and Reading.

Gordon Strachan has spoken today, saying "The move was right for the club, the lad can bring a lot to this Celtic side."

Rory Scott was available through his agent, Jeremy Richards, who told the Daily Record "Rory doesn't want to leave Glasgow, he was gutted to have been told he had to leave Rangers. He has made it clear publicly now, his dislike for Paul Le Guen but still continues to send his best to Rangers and their fans."

CALL-IN

Rangers Supporter, from Motherwell, Stevie T told us "Absolutely gutted to see the lad leave but why on Earth has he gone to Celtic? Hope he doesn't do anything special, Paul Le Guen is a joke."

Rangers fan, Jeff Higgins, Glasgow "Paul Le Guen has messed up here, hope the other Rangers support cut both him and Scott some slack though."

Celtic fan, Amos Jones, Glasgow "If he plays well for us, fans will forget that he still wants to be at Rangers. He needs to perform though."

DETAILS

It is reported that the deal was worth £2,000,000 with another £1,000,000 coming after the player is sold on, this is unconfirmed. He signed a 2 year deal worth £1,872,000. Meaning around £18000 per week.

a4cd224aff9c3d676a9319f1ea7c9820.png