Just keep your head down when moving through some parts of Glasgow and you'll be fine!

c77d9f00ee4bccffe94ace91c71d8f5c.png

Scott Wants Success
6fbf1a31167c778b5ed4046772d61e86.png

In an exclusive interview yesterday with the Daily Record, Celtic new man Rory Scott said he merely wants success and not to cause problems for fans or followers of the Old Firm. He signed for Celtic 2 weeks ago and has received a mixed reaction for his move. While Celtic fans feel they have bragging rights, some also have decided they can't welcome him to the club. As for the blue half of Glasgow, Rangers fans have either come to the conclusion that it is two fingers up to the naive Frenchman or that Rory Scott is a complete traitor and should be burned alive.

"I am here to win things, I don't feel completed in Scotland and honestly no one else can compete with the Old Firm for success. If Paul Le Guen wasn't wanting me then I can hop over to Celtic for a few and maybe a return could happen if I feel I can get success and fulfillment there." He told us.

"It's not glory hunting, I have experienced the Rangers fans, the club and all the sorts but I don't feel I was completed at Rangers. I now have a perfectly good chance to experience Celtic." He continued before we asked about the death threats coming from both sides of Glasgow.

"Death threats are death threats. While most football fans get them, it is a little more worrying here obviously due to the problems Neil Lennon, his family and other families faced. But I am just playing my football, I don't want any links with the religion or sectarianism linked to the teams. It's utterly stupid how we don't necessarily have fans, but people who follow clubs due to their backgrounds that go back years and years. This is football."

//

SFA fined me £5,000 for bringing up Sectarianism with the main stream media. Madness.​

We kicked the season off as Premier League champions, welcoming Kilmarnock to Park Head. I joined Stiliyan Petrov in the middle of the park and we had no issues. A comfortable 4-1 victory, I was decent throughout and was replaced with half an hour to go. I played well but there was a mix of boo's whenever I'd get on the ball. The beginning of the season continued and we had no real competitors. Rangers were struggling to keep up and in our 9th league game we would welcome Rangers to Celtic Park.

I had featured 6 times, picking up 3 assists and generally just solid performances and this was going to be a huge game for me. I'd be watching Charlie Adam through the middle and very early on was I on the end of a hard tackle from himself, an immediate cluster of players came together within minutes and everyone knew the nature of the derby. Ferguson would give Adam a crazy bollocking on the pitch. The game would continue before Thomas Gravesen gave us the lead through a rebound after 35 minutes. I would then go right through the ball and Adam just before half time, seeing the half come to a close with a yellow card and a few pushes between myself, Adam and Barry Ferguson who was just trying to break it up. The second half would be much the same, a scrappy affair and neither team managed to get anything together. A Boruc save lead to a counter attack with 20 to go, the ball fell to me and a scuffed shot wrong footed Allan McGregor and ex and future Rangers man Kenny Miller would follow up the shot and poke it passed the scrambling McGregor. 2-0. Big win as we began to walk the league from the off.

I said sorry to Adam and made up there and ended up receiving a few loud words from Strachan for spending a lot of the post-match celebrations on the park talking to the likes of Barry Ferguson and McGregor. Both talked of how they didn't want Le Guen at the club, his methods, words and the sort were just wrong. I also didn't shake the Frenchman's hand.

3f960dbfb9dd59634613ac993a385790.png

We'd also been competing in the Champions League, we'd lose 3-2 to United at Old Trafford but scrape together a win as we welcomed Kobenhavn to Glasgow. Come November Paddy Power paid out to those who had us down as Premier League Champions. Le Guen's Rangers hadn't done anything special. We would go out of the League Cup to St Mirren that same weekend though.

Come December, Paddy Power had already paid out to those who had Celtic down as Premier League winners. We were over the magic "ten points" and were looking really quite good in the league and had the Champions League to return to next year. I had played 19 by now, I hadn't scored yet but did set-up 4. I had been really quite solid, despite the numbers not being on my side - or all the fans. Most had gone quiet though after the last Old Firm game, where I had a crunching tackle on Charlie Adam.

December would see more victories for us and my first game at Ibrox since leaving. Most of the build-up was about myself and going into the game most fans focused on me. From a few boo's to start with it lead to sectarian chants, mainly coming after Hemdani went right through me, it should have been a red but he only saw a yellow. However, fans would quieten down. A Gravesen shot deflected of Hutton and it shot towards me at the penalty spot. I poked a toe at it and it went passed a lost McGregor. Goal! I had just scored my first for Celtic - at Ibrox! I didn't celebrate, I did break free of the chasing Celtic players though as I couldn't hold it in anymore and celebrated with my arms raised in front of Paul Le Guen. He would turn and slump in his dugout.

70a23c19733a1839f44957154e39e61d.png

The second half started a lot more aggressive and scrappy. I'd firstly see myself fly through Hemdani after he took the ball off me with his hands in my face. Booking. Then moments later Prso, who's legs are really going, would mistime a tackle on me and go right through the side of me. I'd miss the next 2 months after the damage to my Ankle and foot. Hemdani would score late to secure a point for Rangers as they would cling on to a title challenge and Le Guen's job.

In my time out, we'd see Paul Le Guen get sacked and replaced by Walter Smith. Ferguson had to deal with a lot of press as it seemed he pushed the manager out. Smith returning had me excited though and almost wished I was across in Govan. I'd also finally marry Emma and look at coaching. But, I am not sure - I am young anyway. No need to think about what happens after football playing wise.

I'd return as a sub in a 2-1 win over Aberdeen before seeing us miss out on the quarter finals of the Champions League after a 1-0 defeat to AC Milan in Extra Time. Heartbreaking. Either way, we'd go on to the league title out and have a Scottish Cup game against Dunfermline. A final, to be more exact. Pressure was on us, and they wanted it. They forced Boruc into numerous saves and we were poor. Until a Paul Hartley cross was poorly palmed away by De Vries and it fell to me, I'd take a touch around Smith and poorly lift the ball over the scrambling keeper! Late winner!

Scottish Cup and League Champions. Married. More International caps - competitive too - bringing me almost up to 10.

ffa01a3f7839b7e8232372ca151634e9.png

6699fe89493897722d2ccdc649066d15.png

RORY SCOTT - CAREER SO FAR

Year: 2007

Youth Years

Tottenham
Arsenal
Tottenham
Aberdeen

Professional

Aberdeen 2000/01

Rory Scott would break into the squad as a teenager playing at right back, something he had only a little bit of experience of a few years back as a schoolboy.

He'd play 19, fail to score any from right back but set up 3.

Aberdeen 2001/02

The youngster would continue to look good in the side, he'd also feature in youth set-ups for the National Side.

He'd feature in 24, score 3 and set up 9. Moving into more advanced roles, rather than just right back under Ebbe Skohvdahl.

Aberdeen 2002/03

An unbelievable start to the season had Rory Scott linked with moves to Liverpool, Rangers, Celtic and all the rest - especially with his deal at Aberdeen coming to a close. However, Skohvdahl's sacking in December and a fall out with chairman Milne had Scott out of reckoning.

He'd end up only playing 24, the majority before the turn of the year, scoring 6 and setting up 7.

Rangers 2003/04

A move to Rangers on a free caused a few Aberdeen fans to be disappointed and angry. However, Scott would develop well before a training injury had him miss the end of the year.

Playing 19, scoring 3 and setting up only 4.

Rangers 2004/05

This was a completely different year for the club and the youngster Rory Scott. McLeish would rediscover the player, having him play behind the strikers Nacho Novo and Dado Prso. In a season where the club would win the League and League Cup, Scott would also feature in his first competitive International fixture, in his 3rd cap.

Overall, he'd play 32 and score a huge 11. Setting up another 10.

Rangers 2005/06

In a poor year for the club, which would see McLeish offer Rory Scott vice-captaincy for spurring his teammates onto a league win the prior, Scott would also have his season cut due to injury. He'd also feature in the news for a bust-up with a Celtic youth player and his engagement to his now-Wife Emma Scott.

He'd score 12 in 29 and be the assist to another 5.

Celtic 2006/07

The now-25 year old would find himself in a straight switch across the Old Firm, being the first since before World War 2 to do such a thing. Joining the likes of Kenny Miller and Mo Johnstone to play for both. While he'd receive a mixed reaction, Celtic fans were most unhappy as the player has a history not only at Rangers but had a famous bust-up with Neil Lennon. Nevermind the Celtic Youth player the year before. However, a Champions League run was met with a league and Scottish Cup triumph. And marriage!

He would play 33, score 4 and set up 8.

8 caps, 0 goals

Trophy Cabinet

SPL, 2x
Scottish Cup, 1x
League Cup, 1x

Clever idea, an interesting start to making a manger, as simming a whole career is a bit lengthy! Well written too.

"You had a good year here, Scott. Enjoy it?" Strachan said, as he welcomed me into his office 3 days after the Scottish Cup final and 3 days before myself and Emma jetted off to the United States for the honeymoon that couldn't happen mid-season. I had been told off for a mid-season wedding but I was injured anyway so whoopdy doo!

"Two winners medals and a marriage? Can hardly say I didn't enjoy it can I?"
I laughed back, taking a seat in his office. I assumed it was just a season review, but speaking to Kenny Miller it seemed I was one of a few to be called in. And to be honest, my year at the club was a bad one. Playing wise I was good, socially it was bad. Most players sided with an angry Neil Lennon over my arrival and I was isolated. Stiliyan Petrov and Kenny Miller were closest to me.

"You were a real voice at Rangers, a vice-captain, how on Earth were you a vice-captain when in reality you are so quiet?" Gordon added, sitting back in his chair. I was shocked and almost angry.

"What? I was new, and you know the ****** circumstances?" I got out my seat, as he laughed and got up too.

"Sit down. It was a joke, I know the lads here don't appreciate you too much but you have to go on and prove yourself. Lennon is off to Nottingham Forest, so why don't you take his armband?" Another shock. Strachan would take a similar stance to what Rangers did with Fernando Ricksen but this was wild. I had funnily enough grown to dislike the club after the way fans or players refused to really warm to me despite doing my best and scoring against Rangers themselves. But a successful season here as captain could be huge for me and my career.

"Have you spoken to any of the guys here?" I asked.

"I'm the boss, I shouldn't really have to. Lennon said he'd respect you as captain.." He responded, tossing an armband across the table.

"I'll take it."

9efb137554bac05cf8efe47b611b7255.png

801449c38ba7d1ce226c4a804951d623.png

25990185f4820345f859eff9e4436246.png

RORY SCOTT SIGNS 4 YEAR DEAL AND TAKES ARMBAND

0c71af73e5b236460a8ac7d5bfc7edac.png

Gordon Strachan today announced that he would pass Neil Lennon's armband onto 25 year old Rory Scott, who in hand signed a new 4 year deal with his current one set to expire in 1 year.

In a statement, Gordon Strachan said: "I felt Rory was the next man for the armband. It can bring the club together and we can get the best out of the boy. It only made sense to give him a new deal too, before speculation would pipe up with interest from across Europe. His earnings now match those who are seen as key players at the club. It made sense."

Rory Scott is said to be delighted with the faith from Gordon Strachan and looks forward to the next step in his footballing career. Celtic chairman Peter Lawell is too excited at the future of Rory Scott and the current Celtic Squad.

The Pre-season campaign starts June 30th, with a tour of the USA. Tickets are available, with travelling packages.

You gonna die man, certainly after wearing the armband, feel sorry for you

79b70c15055228370b63cce6149ae3f2.png

@JamesBHOY101:
@RoryScottFC has to impress next year, huge risk from Strachan.. #CFC

@OnlyBhoy96: What the f&ck? A ****** hun taking our armband?!

@JimmyR: Nah, decent player but no way does he have what it takes or the history for the Celtic armband. #Paradise #CFC

@FollowFollowFan: Wow! Rory Scott taking the armband at Celtic? They need one of us to lead them! #AlwaysLaughing

Love this story mate, cant wait to see which team you will take over as manager, Celtic or Rangers :)

"You serious?" Barry Ferguson demanded as soon as I answered the phone. I didn't know why he was angry..

"What? We're rival captains now!" I laughed back, thinking we was maybe jealous at my rise to captaincy, but I soon realised it was a little more serious than friendly banter.

"Good on you, but you know what you have done? I get a stupid amount of stick as a Rangers man and captain, right, Rory? Think about the Neil Lennon saga? He absolutely hates us, lived and breathed Celtic and his parents had death threats and he had his life at risk every other day all because of where he was born, because of a belief he was said to have, he had Celtic fans, Rangers fans and all the rest hate him. You stand no chance mate." He ranted on as the conversation took a more serious approach, I went red and quickly realised what I had really maybe done. I wasn't given time to think and my Twitter was blowing up with abuse and little support. Strachan received some criticism from fans too, but mainly from the press who thought he was unprofessional in putting me in such a position.

"I'll be fine, bud. Thanks but sure I'll be safe." I kidded on, as I actually began to feel a little nervous. It had only been a day since the announcement.

"Don't be stupid, Rory. Just be careful."

59872b65c61284071ee7f75e499c165c.png

It'd be absolutely hilarious if you ended up taking the Rangers job at the end of this.

Honestly though, those fans are clearly blinded by emotion, definitely the right choice for the club!