TRANSFER HISTORY:

View attachment 183090

It was a long, arduous and tiring transfer window but we managed to tick all boxes that we needed to tick as a massive inflow and outflow was seen at the Kassam Stadium. I know it is not healthy but I didn’t know we would progress so quickly and had to get the talent required and that meant letting go of certain players whom I liked but weren’t just good enough. We signed 15ish players and let a similar amount go although a few of them were on loan!

We also had many firsts this window as we went on a signing rampage. Let me list them out for you:

1)First time we have paid for so many players

2)Broke the record signing twice in one window

3)Loan player is legend at the club!

4)Highest Fee spent in a window

I signed valentin from Fulham breaking the club record before breaking it again by signing OBI! Leo Chambers is a legend at the club! If it isn’t surprising, I AM NOT A LEGEND YET! Well **** happens doesn’t it?
So anyway let me give a squad overview before we move on to pre-season. Life when the club was in League 2 was hard; in Championship it is even harder. Maybe I don’t want to manage in Premier League!

SQUAD OVERVIEW:

Goalkeepers:

Lee Nicholls: The ex-Wigan stopper usurped Slocombe as Number One with his fabulous shot stopping skills and ability to pull off stunners. Still prone to making the odd error, his long term future will depend on his performance this season.

Axel Kacou: 23 year old Ivorian who has been signed as back up after Slocombe was allowed to leave. He has potential but unlikely to fulfill it here. He will only get games if Nicholls is injured.

Position Rating : 3.5/5

Depth : 3/5

Full-Backs
Leo Chambers: The Oxford United LEGEND returns for another stint at the club and I will be looking to sign him when his contract ends at the end of the season. He will always be a brilliant championship player and can be a decent premier league backup.

Marnick Vermijil: I know what you lot are whispering about him being another Manchester United Academy Graduate but I can’t help it if they produce good players who can make career somewhere. An able deputy to Chambers, He can play at number of positions.

Cameron-Borthwick Jackson: Young Jackson has been progressing well and has the potential to be a brilliant Premier League defender. He will serve as a deputy for Aspas

Aitor Aspas: The ex-Celta and Valencia player can play anywhere on the left side and will be used as an attacking full back. He has very good pace and crossing skills but defensively he is slightly light and will have to improve there.

Position Rating : 4.5/5

Depth : 3.5/5

Central Defenders:

Alex Tuanzebe: Alex joins for another season as well and will be our best defender again. I hope to sign him if we get promoted. His understanding with Jackson is very decisive and his pace makes him a sure stay in my side.

Jack Wright: The aging captain continues to marshall the troop albeit a bit more from the bench. He will continue in the team as a backup unless he requests to leave.

Christopher Jullien: The French defender has improved enough to take over Wright and plays the perfect partner in crime to Tuanzebe with his reading of the game.

Nick Kuipers: Signed for 30K from Holland, he will serve as backup at Central Defense as well as left back.

Position Rating : 2.5/5

Wingers:
Kemar Roofe: I don’t think much needs to be said. When I first joined, he had the ability to be a decent League 2 winger and now it reads good Championship winger!

Callum O’Dowda: Another player who has improved as well as Roofe but has been behind the scenes, scintillating speed and good crossing skill makes him a very dangerous speed.

Joel Obi: Unarguably our best and most high profile player. The ex-Inter and Torino player has loads of experience and is good enough for the Premier League. He is also our Highest Paid and most expensive player.

Marcus Agyei-Tabi: Signed after he was released from Arsenal, he can play anywhere in midfield and has good potential. He will be primarily serving as a backup but with some good performance you never know what he
can do.

Demetrio Steffe: A player signed purely for backup from Inter.

Position Rating : 4/5

Depth : 3.5/5

Central Midfielders:

John Lundstram: He is the best at the club after Obi and will prove to be a brilliant ball distributor in the Championship. He would be a good player for any side in this division but the premier league is a huge question mark.

Sean Goss: Signed on a second loan spell, Goss will be playing as rotation player to Lundstram. He might be signed by us at the end of his contract if he performs well this season.

Florent Cuvelier: The Belgian like Lundstram will get tested in Championship as this is the level he is actually capable of playing. After dictating play in League 2 and League 1, it will be interesting to see how he fares here.

Dave Williams: A player signed purely for backup from Aberdeen.

Position Rating : 4/5

Forwards:

Liam Long: A gift of Parent Team Crystal Palace, he is a perfect False 9. Still very young, he adds to our huge pool of young and talented forwards.

Valentin: Our club record signing for a while, He was signed after a brilliant last season and I hope he replicates it again this season. The pressure this year will be much higher though.

Pierre Slidja: Signed on free as a rotation player, the young French forward has all the ingredients to be a successful false 9 with his pace, vision and flair. I hope he forms a good partnership with Valentin as I count of this 2 to lead the line for long term in the Championship.

Liam Cullen: A loan signing from Swansea who can play both centrally and on the right. He is slightly ahead of Slidja in terms of growth and development but both of them possess similar skill sets. I wanted a competitive forward line and I have got it!

Position Rating : 4.5/5

Depth : 4/5

KEY PLAYERS:

Leo Chambers

View attachment 183095
Alex Tuanzebe

View attachment 183094
Joel Obi

View attachment 183093
Kemar Roofe

View attachment 183092

P.S: Sorry for the long post :D. I hope to upload pre-season and august today!

PRE-SEASON REVIEW:

View attachment 183080

Those who have been following me since the beginning wont be surprised by my pre-season as I again aim for Fitness and Money. We played a mix of big and medium clubs with only Oxford City a small club.

I am very impressed with the players in the pre-season. During the last season we mostly lost by a goal only but we still lost most matches which we managed to convert into a draw or win this time around and it is a sign of progress by the club even though you can't read much into a pre-season results.

Pre-season was even more important as with expenses like relaying the field, youth training facilities and buying the stadium, the club was making huge losses and while I couldn't make it green, the red was considerable decreased. The season will still remain challenging and profits will be hard to come by. My purchase of Valentin and Obi knocked us back around 750K and that will play a role with our finances for the season.

Well enough grim talking though. On a very happy note, My love affair with Manchester United continues as they again accept to come down to Kassam Stadium and play with us in the pre-season. A chance to play against and meet the club I have supported and legends and I have cheered. They have made a huge impact on our rise both by giving us players and playing with us. I hope we can continue our fruitful relationship in the future as well.

Best Match:
The draw with arsenal proved that we are no push overs!

Worst Match:
The match against Oxford city where we should have performed better!

AUGUST REVIEW:

11/08/2018

View attachment 183056
We play our first match in the Championship after a long time against our ex-parent club MK Dons and we announce our arrival in style. We started off slow and were lucky to be ahead with an own goal but then ramped it up in the second half with Roofe and new signing Slidja confirming our easy victory! WHAT A START!

14/08/2018

View attachment 183054
A match that we should have been winning very easily and somehow end up losing. I did play a rotated side but It was good enough to win considering a midfielder from our side (Goss) was the player of the match. But two beautifully crafted goals and our strikers’ inability to finish condemn us to defeat and just like that we are out of the Capital One Cup. An absolutely terrible result.

18/08/2018

View attachment 183052

A harder opposition and a closer match but Valentin nicked it for us in the 86th​ minute and we make our possession count and win our second match on the trot against a formidable Wolves side. WHO THE **** PREDICTED WE WILL FINISH LAST EH?

21/08/2018

View attachment 183049
3 out of 3? I am starting to get surprised and questioning that we are too good, the gods been smiling on me or that other clubs are *****. We smashed Millwall as Sledje completes a hat trick and Sean Goss a brace. We played like we were playing a Sunday league side and Milwall showed no desire. Our fans were brilliant. An important stat which is not displayed is that 96 % of our stadium capacity is always full and that is the highest in the league! WE HAVE THE MOST PASSIONATE FANS and that makes a huge difference in home games!

25/08/2018

View attachment 183048
When we fell behind early I was braced for a beating and our first loss of the season but the players turned it around in an amazing fashion. Dowda who was making his first start of the season grabbed the equalized and Slidja continued his amazing form with the winner. This KID is good!

Month Overview:

View attachment 183047
Wow! What do I say? I was aiming for 3 points and ended up with 12. I must reassess our season goals if this goes on. We have a 100% record in league but the loss against Southend was a huge blot to what was otherwise a simply brilliant month.

Player of the Month : Pierre Slidja (5 Goals)

League Table:

View attachment 183046
Am I dreaming? 1st​ in the table after being promoted and playing in the championship after decades! A fantastic month and credit again goes to the players who gelled well enough to get us through this month like we did! I am getting greedy!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 183045
What a fall from grace? Will this happen IRL too?

View attachment 183043
2 players in top 3! Very happy for Sledja and Roofe

View attachment 183042
Tabi comes second as well behind a player I wanted to sign!

View attachment 183041
Another second! This a month of seconds except the league :D

SEPTEMBER REVIEW:

01/09/2018

View attachment 182919
A very lucky win for us as we just edge out a very tepid and even match. Valentin gave us an early lead and after that both teams displayed how not to use the ball towards the goal. I feel for the fans that had to see such disaster. 3 points in the bag though as we win 5 on the trot.

15/09/2018

View attachment 182918
We have been winning matches although we haven’t been playing that well and that is always a good sign. Two goals in each half saw us take a tight affair. The pleasing part till now is our possession. You may see that it is 61% and I have been told that we have the highest average possession in the league at 59% as well. This helps us keep the opposition attack at bay.

Btw, that’s seven win on the trot in our return to the Championship!

P.S: Arnel Jakupovic joins on loan from Middlesborough!

18/09/2018

View attachment 182917
We drop points first time in the season as we are held by Blackburn at home. Anyone wants to guess where they lie in the table? 24th​! Yes our hoodoo, bogginess against team in the bottom parts of the table continues. It was a match where we showed how not to utilize your possession or how not to shoot. I don’t mind losing points as we had to eventually but the way we lost them was terrible.

P.S: Matthew Targett joins on loan from Southampton. Although we do have 2 good full backs, Targett is a notch above both and I couldn’t miss out on him!

22/09/2018

View attachment 182916
An end to end match in which our finishing was slightly better than Ipswich who have been in blazing form led by Cittadoni. I was hoping to stop him but couldn’t as he grabbed a goal in the 80th​ minute. It wasn’t easy as they twice threatened to make a comeback but we outscored them. It is very pleasing to see us banging goals like its nothing.

29/09/2018

View attachment 182915
We came out guns blazing in the match as our fans cheered us loudly and quickly got into the act. 3 quick fire first half goals and a goal for the returning Jakupovic see us overcoming a strong derby side with the likes of Hughes, Thorne, Noone and Shackell! It gives more pleasure to beat a strong championship side!

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 182914
We are unbeaten for 9 matches in the CHAMPIONSHIP! Let that sink in

Player of the month: FLorent Cuvelier (1 Goal, Dominated the MF and played plethora of Key passes)

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 182913
Top of the table and 6 points ahead of the next best team as we get 25 out of the available 27 points. This is surprising even for our standards. The players have really stepped it up a notch here.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 182912
Another ex-midfielder who has gone into management! Where are the defenders and the strikers?

View attachment 182911
A new deal which sees an increase of 475%. Although the club is in trouble financially, it is good to be rewarded for the good work!

View attachment 182910
My progress on personal front continues as well as I complete my National Level licenses! Now onto the Continental ones!

View attachment 182909
My players lose again to Cittadoni! It's sad to see the boy perform so well.

View attachment 182908
Another second! This is getting ridiculous. To those who have not guessed it, I hate coming second

View attachment 182907
Finally some respite as I win the Manager of the Month, although the players deserve the award more. Hopefully this is one of many upcoming awards.

OCTOBER REVIEW:

02/10/2018

View attachment 182833

It had to happen eventually as there was no chance we would be unbeaten forever but I would have liked some fight in the first half. Three first half goals by Hull had us staring at a huge defeat before a frantic last 15 minutes almost saw us come back from 3-0 down. Disappointed but not disheartened. We are still 23 positions above our media prediction.

06/10/2018

View attachment 182832

We needed to win after the loss against Hull and we were professional about it against Sheffield United. There was no gung ho, it wasn’t a brilliant performance, we came, we played and we won. As simple as that.

20/10/2018

View attachment 182831

I am the chairman for them in a different game and they are ***** to be honest. We outpaced and out raced them. Our only block was our old nemesis Kodija who has condemned us to at least 3 defeats in the past but nothing he could do today as we ran rampage.

Ohh and this!!!

[video]https://youtu.be/tnGS1ctKoRs[/video]

23/10/2018

View attachment 182830

Revenge is at last ours! I was still feeling petty about our defeat to them in the Capital One Cup last season. At that moment they were in the EPL, good money, good players but thrown to our level and they surrendered so easily!

27/10/2018

View attachment 182829
We started the month with atrocious defending and ended it with a peerless defensive performance. We took the early lead and then looked to counter as we faced a strong Leicester side. I love these 1-0 wins with brilliant rear guard action.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 182828

Other than the bitter taste of our first defeat, it was a brilliant month as we faced many ex-premier league sides. It could have been much worse than 4 out of 5. On side note though our financial conditions are deteriorating though I am very sure the money we receive at the end of the season will make it right even if we don’t get promoted.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 182827
11 points above Hull, Can I call myself the Special One now please?

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 182826
A new signing and he looks a beast. Will be a brilliant addition to our team and might just do the task in the EPL even.

View attachment 182825
2nd​ again in the Manager of the month and I am just edged out. If we had just been able to draw the Hull Game…

View attachment 182824
No awards in Championship, but our academy player is making waves in Vanarama South. He is never going to make it in our team but it is good to see him do well.

Last edited:
NOVEMBER REVIEW:

03/11/2018

View attachment 182787
We played them off the pitch today and I am still thinking how in the world we have only 2 goals. It was an emphatic all round performance as the players played like they are connected through their minds with hardly any misplaced passes. Defenders were turned inside out, their midfield by passed and their attack nullified. It was a perfect performance.

06/11/2018

View attachment 182786
This was almost the opposite of the Huddersfield match although both the clubs were quite poor in the match and the draw is a decent and fair result.

10/11/2018

View attachment 182785
Nice and quaint clinical performance as Slidja takes the plaudits with his pace and trickery. This kid will be amazing if he becomes more consistent. For once we don’t struggle against the bottom dwellers.

24/11/2018

View attachment 182784
We win a match we didn’t deserve to. Bolton deserved all 3 points as they played with intent and swagger but somehow we get 2 goals while they are unable to breach Nicholls. Lucky points but as I have said previously that when you are matches like this, you are destined to achieve something.

MONTHLY OVERVIEW:

View attachment 182783
A nice quiet month with only 4 matches while I played 3 extra friendlies to help with the financials but to no avail. I am satisfied with how we performed and probably got more points than we deserved to. So overall a good November!

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 182782

We maintain our 11 point lead although our form has become scratchy and we are losing the early season swagger as well as the surprise element we had. I am not sure if we will be able to hold onto this over the entire season.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 182781
Conte gets reappointed and fired at Juventus

View attachment 182780
Another award for our young star!

DECEMBER REVIEW:

01/12/2018

View attachment 182778
Whew! We barely got away with a draw as Nicholls pulled off blinders after blinders. The Norwich team was scary and I am genuinely confused as to how they are 13th​. With players like De Paul and Johansson they should be in our position. Never the less, all the Norwich players looked menacing and it was pure luck that we got even a single point.

08/12/2018

View attachment 182777
I was looking for a response from the team and what a response they gave! I know we didn’t lose the previous match but we were schooled by Norwich and I didn’t want any self doubt to creep in. Long scored 4 goals and ran rampage as he owned the whole Brentford team on his own.

15/12/2018

View attachment 182776
An even match which unfortunately didn’t go in our favor as we lose 3 points to our closest rivals. Stoke weren’t better than us but they slightly edged it and got the 3 points today. We couldn’t do it on a cold night at Stoke unfortunately.

22/12/2018

View attachment 182775
We had another performance where our clinical finishing made us look better that how we are. Burnley weren’t bad but their strikers let them down and ours didn’t.

26/12/2018

View attachment 182774
Peterborough are our fellow promoted team and like us are flying high and they almost managed to hamper our chances when Dicko scored a brilliant goal but luckily for us Slidja rose from the bench to rescue us. Another scratchy performance as we are running out of gas.

29/12/2018

View attachment 182773
The reversal of our fixture from previous week as Burnley had the more clinical finishers.

MONTHLY OVERVIEW:

View attachment 182772
Only 8 points from an available 18 is a very disappointing return for a team at the top of the table. We struggled against quality opponents and were found out at times. The teams have started trying harder against us and we must step up.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 182771
Our lead is cut down to 8 points which to be honest I feel we are lucky. It could have been a much smaller lead but our rivals struggled too.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 182770
I was hoping for an extended F.A. Cup run to improve our finances but the draw has put my plans in huge jeopardy.

View attachment 182769
Here are our finances and it’s a grim reading. The salary and scouting costs have increased very much which is to be expected. We need to finish in a decent position to sustain ourselves financially.

View attachment 182768
View attachment 182767
Injuries to Key players aren’t helping. Slidja was a brilliant player off the bench and we will miss him sorely. While injury coupled with African Cup of Nations means we will miss Obi for the next 2 months!

View attachment 182766
View attachment 182765
View attachment 182764
No Messi? What Kind of sorcery is this?

View attachment 182763
Malcom wins it again

View attachment 182762
In a very bad month, Cuveller shines brightly with his brilliant passing range and vision as he dictates the play from the midfield and coming second in the division.

JANUARY REVIEW:

01/01/2019

View attachment 1017905
A winning start to the New Year but the quality of our play has been decreasing, where once we would have smashed the opponent, we are now scraping through. Hallmarks of a champion or a sign of things to be? I am afraid to find out the answer to this one.

05/01/2019

This was it, a moment of reckoning for us. We are on course for promotion and if we do, we will face the likes of Chelsea week in, week out. This F.A Cup match will be a litmus test to whether we are good enough for the big boys or not…What will happen? Will we falter…triumph...Be humiliated?

A 17 year old u-18 player for Chelsea is better than my entire team. ****

View attachment 182512

Well not today! Superb effort by the boys as we force Chelsea into a replay and I am sure they won’t relish playing at the Kassam Stadium where the noise is more deafening then the large stadium that is Stamford Bridge. In all honesty, we deserved to win the match and it took a moment of Hazard magic for them to get a goal back and even then they didn’t look like clinching a winner any time.
12/01/2019

View attachment 1017907
Jullien is a fantastic player but right now I want to strangle him. Just before the match he came to me wanting to talk about his contract and when I said we will talk about it after the match, he stormed off and I should have seen the signs. He got sent off for a stupid, reckless challenge on the 23rd​ minute and we were on the backfoot after. We had all the possession but could do nothing with it. To the credit of the other players they were resilient at the back but in the end Coady got a goal to condemn us to defeat. A stupid challenge means Jullient won’t be available for the biggest match of our season and with Tuanzebe at ACN, I will have to play Wright and Chambers in the middle. FML!!!

15/01/2019

Another chance to show the Russian Oligarchs’ that who is the boss. The Kassam stadium is rocking and the Blues fan can hardly get a word over the Oxford fans as they are singing and dancing loudly. Talks of dumping the champions out are aloud and fans are singing songs of even rivals of Chelsea just for the sake of fun.
When I saw the Chelsea players in the tunnel, they were gulping in nervousness at the sound of the noise. A stadium of 3000 was making noise like 300,000 and I think they did not expect that. They might have expected surrender, a meek fight even but not this. The pressure is on us now to prove the fans right and win this tonight.

View attachment 182515

I am stunned. I do not know what to say. I know it’s just the third round but Chelsea were playing a Strong Playing XI and we DEFEATED them. We even kept a clean sheet. Brilliantly played by the boys as they took in the adulation of the fans. They deserve it after the way they played. We took the lead after 30 minutes and it was that boy Kemar Roofe. He just turned up on the big stage. I was just looking to go on a shut down mode when we got our second and it was the Arsenal school boy who scored it. The look on his face was priceless. Onto the next round! I hope we get and easy draw! THE CHAMPIONS HAVE BEEN DUMPED!

19/01/2019

View attachment 1017909
The stats don’t justify the story as we absolutely dominated them. A late cross and a late goal just make the score line look decent. I hope the Chelsea match spurs us on to brilliance in the league.

26/01/2019

View attachment 1017910
We end the month with an end to end match with Cardiff and the wolves match is the only blemish as new loanee Bouyer guides us to an easy win. The 18 year old Belgian is on loan from United as a cover to Roofe and was brilliant in his first match. A good cover it seems!

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 1017911
Apart from the Wolves match, it was a brilliant and perfect month as we steamrolled past opponents at times and sometimes stuttered but still managed to win the matches. Our victory against Chelsea was the capstone of the month.

LEAGUE TABLE:

I have forgotten to take a SS but it is more or less the same, a lead around 8-9 points for us.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 1017912
A welcome financial boost as the double header with Chelsea brings in ship loads of money for us. Double happiness!!

Not much on the transfer front. We let Targett return to Southampton as we sign a Left-back who was let go by Chelsea and boy he has some promise. The name is Jay Dasilva. Other than that Bouyer and Gribbin come in on loan mainly as cover as injuries and fixture congestion mounts on us.

FEBRUARY REVIEW:

02/02/2019

When we drew another premier league side, I wasn’t very hopeful but Aston Villa have been woeful lately and we were playing at home. I thought these 2 factors might just work in our favor. I was proved wrong when Aston Villa began the match brightly with Gray and Grealish toying with our defenders like they played Sunday league. It all changed though when their striker got injured and all they had on bench was a youth striker…they had no one to play to…

View attachment 182482
And this happened in the end! Long and Cullen were phenomenal with Cullen scoring a brilliant goal from outside the box! 5th​ round it is!

09/02/2019

View attachment 182479
I don’t know what went wrong. We began the match brightly and seemed to be doing okay before Ritchie equalized for them. We just kind of gave up after that unable to muster an attack. We were completely lifeless and Ritchie scored another to give them the win.

16/02/2019

View attachment 182478
It was a really weird match. We missed an early penalty then scored 2 goals and then we were just playing aimlessly and so too were Blackburn before an 83rd​ minute goal by them made the last few minutes frantic. A really strange match which we somehow won.

19/02/2019

View attachment 182476
An even more strange match as all 5 goals were scored in the first half and then there were hardly any shots on target! We were on the wrong side of this one though as we lose valuable 3 points. Our scratchy February continues from last season and the one before and the one before. I hate February.

24/02/2019

View attachment 182475

I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! You think the draw would have been kinder considering we beat 2 premier league opponents but no! We get Tottenham away and we lose this time. Tottenham started the match brightly and scored a goal before we rallied back at the end of the half to equalize and the match was evenly poised. We were dominant in the second half but not clinical enough and in the end lost to Eriksens wizardry. I shouldn’t be disappointed but I am. I am proud of the fifth round achievement but feel we could have done better. Next time maybe?

27/02/2019

View attachment 182474
This has been a month of weird second half and the tradition continued as after the Derby equalized the players from both sides were just meandering in the game. I screamed and shouted at the players but to no avail. Another 2 points lost.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 182473

We have a month hoodoo as February again turns out to be a poor one. We crash out of F.A. Cup and drop precious points. March will be important to the fact that it will determine whether we will be dragged in a race or saunter to the title.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 182472
A seven point lead with a game in hand would generally be more than enough but we have been just scratchy lately and I always have the fear that the fairy tale will end.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 182471
Long and Dasilva come 1st​ and 2nd​ respectively in the young player of the month category. I am really pleased with the Dasilva capture as I am sure he can be a very good PL left back.

MARCH REVIEW:

02/03/2019

View attachment 182326
Hull was one of our biggest rivals to the title at the beginning of the season but they have fallen off lately. They are still quite a dangerous team with brilliant players. It felt extra satisfying to defeat them as our wingers ran riot against their inept defense. A very satisfying start to the month after a shaky February.

05/03/2019

View attachment 182325

It was all going well and according to the plan as we cruised against Sheffield United until a 4 minute burst saw our win converted into a draw. It was a disgrace. The perfect example of how not to see a match out.

09/03/2019

View attachment 182323
Things get worse before they get better as Sunderland defeat us at the Stadium of Light. It was a two factor defeat as the ingenuity of McGrandles and the ineptness of my own team condemned us to defeat and giving our rivals a sniff at our spot. Vulnerability is not something that we need right now.

12/03/2019

View attachment 182324
A similar type of performance to the Sheffield game except that we managed to hold out for a victory. Ipswich are one of the promotion chasing teams and it was a valuable victory against them. They might not have a fancy team but it is strong none the less.

16/03/2019

View attachment 182322
It was a brilliant defensive performance which led us to the victory over a hapless Brighton. The defense never gave Brighton a chance and two lucky goals gave us a victory. The victory also spelled the end to the reign of the Brighton manager. And guess who do they want as a replacement?

View attachment 182321

19/03/2019

View attachment 182320

There are days like this when I wonder if I should ditch my false 9 formation. We create chances and manage to outwit the opposition defense but there is no one to finish those chances and we are left just counting the chances. A question raising defeat at Licester as we move towards securing a Premier League Berth.
23/03/2019

View attachment 182319
A fitting response to the loss at Licester as we run out easy winners against Huddersfield and keep a clean sheet against a strong forward line consisting of Rhodes and McCormack. The win solidifies our position at the top and secures us a playoff spot.

MONTHLY REVIEW:

View attachment 182318
A mixed month but I don’t care much as our rivals weren’t much better. We almost confirm our berth in the Premier League and it is starting to give me jeepers and sleepless night. Neither I nor my squad is ready for the league at this moment and its scaring me now.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 182317
A 8 point lead over our nearest rivals with only 7 matches to go is a calming sight although Manchester United did give away the title to City from a similar position. But I am sure in the ability of my team to see it out, mostly!

YOUTH INTAKE:

View attachment 182316
Nothing stands out. Phillips is good but he plays in a position I don’t use and he is not good enough for Premier League anyways.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 182315Tabi wins another awards as injuries and suspension gives him a chance to impress and he does!

END OF SEASON REVIEW:

06/04/2019

View attachment 181958
We start our bid to secure the title with a bang and we break a hoodoo along with it. In my three years at the club, we had never beaten Forest be it a friendly or a competitive match and it felt good to finally get one over them. A good all round performance by the team as we confirm our playoff spot.

13/04/2019

View attachment 181957
It was a potential Banana skin but we did well to avoid it and secure an easy victory over bottom dwellers Barnsley. This is the kind of match where we usually goof up and give others a way in but today we didn’t. I was slightly disappointed that we let in a goal but hey we were supposed to finish 24th​ and we are much better than that.

16/04/2019

View attachment 181956
We could have secured the title and our promotion in this match but for Jullien pulling a Bolton striker down in the penalty box for no reason at all. We weren’t very good to be honest but we were holding out until that stupid man…until another day then!

20/04/2019

View attachment 181954
View attachment 181955

View attachment 181952

The first team in the history of English football to secure three back to back promotions. I am overwhelmed with emotion that I have led them here as we secure our third title on the trot. We weren’t expected to be here when I joined, the media is baffled, and the pundits are scratching their head as to how a really Tall guy from India, son of con led Oxford United to Premier League for the first time in their history. I am nervous and scared about the Premier League but right now I am just elated. This is the best moment of my life till date.

22/04/2019

View attachment 181951
The joy of winning the title could be seen in the players as we zipped around the park, unfortunately the results didn’t reflect how utterly wonderful we were. The strikers could have done better but it’s okay. I am still celebrating. How much booze is too much booze?

27/04/2019

View attachment 181950
Stoke have been on our tail since a long time and to put them away felt truly wonderful. Stoke has a quality team and beating them gives me slight confidence about our next season. Gribbin was brilliant again as he smahed in a free kick. He has already scored 2 this month and embarrassingly they have been the only direct free kicks scored since I took over the club three years ago. I think I need t shop for a free kick specialist!

05/05/2019

View attachment 181949
And so it ends. Hopefully our last season in a long time or maybe never? Gribbin drilled in another free kick and it took a late goal to deny us all 3. It was a drab affair to be honest but it doesn’t matter. PREMIER LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!

MONTHLY REVIEW:

View attachment 181948
An unbeaten end to the season bodes well as we prepare for the upcoming uphill task that is going to be our first season in the English Premier League since it was formed. The wins against Forest and Stoke were brilliant but nothing will ever beat the win against Norwich which confirmed our promotion and title. The highest point in my life so far.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 181947
We won it quite easily in the end, 11 points ahead of wolves and well ahead of 3rd​ place. Ipswich becomes the third club to join us and wolves in the premier league for the upcoming season. On paper both have a stronger chance to survive then us. But we have defied all papers since I joined and I hope to do it again next season.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 181946
I am very excited and happy for Jay as he has so far proved to be a very good signing. IF he lives up to his potential, he can go on and become a club legend.

View attachment 181945
I win the award for April after a title winning unbeaten month!

View attachment 181944
Our U-21 team upsetting the odd as well! Good to see success for them as well!

SEASON REVIEW:

View attachment 181238
Is this a dream I am going to wake up from and find myself on the bench again? Because it certainly feels like it as I became the first Manager in the history of English Football to guide a team to triple promotion into the Premier League. I should feel at the top of the world, clubs should be fighting to sign me but everywhere there is only a single question, When will the bubble burst? We were the underdogs every time and one more season makes no difference to me. Let’s forget all that and look back fondly at the year that was.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

OK. Not so fondly at the capital one cup where we were unceremoniously dumped at the ground where we celebrated our promotion last season. We simply failed to be clinical and paid the price. It was just one of the days. I am not sure how will I approach the cup from next season as Survival will be my only goal.

F.A. CUP

It was a bitter-sweet F.A. Cup as we were dumped out by Tottenham after we defeated the defending Champions Chelsea as well as Premier League side Aston Villa. I shouldn’t be disappointed but I was hoping the magic of the cup would work. This is one competition I will never take lightly. Sir Alex made the mistake in 2000, I won’t be making it.

nPower Championship

We were predicted to finish last. It is sad that they do this on the basis of reputation alone. I wouldn’t have predicted us to finish First by any chance but we were better than the last place prediction. Well anyways I remember telling the boys to just go out and prove the media wrong and they did it some style didn’t they? The results were a mix of under estimating us, some great signing and again players playing out of their skin. I am proud of them. I am not sure how some of them will do in the Premier League but they have earned a chance to show their caliber at the top. They may fail, they may pass, it doesn’t matter. They have earned their ticket at the top.

END OF THE SEASON AWARDS

View attachment 181236
Florent Cuvelier began the season shunned out of the First XI by Goss and Lundstram and ended it by winning the player of the season. I had to play Cuvelier due to the league rules and he grabbed it by the scruff of the neck. He got 3 Man of the Match awards in defeats and that says a lot about how he controlled the games for us or created amazing chances. His determination, stamina and eye for pass are brilliant. He will be again fighting for his place next season but I hope he does what he did this year again.

This is probably the first time I agree with the XI chosen at the awards. I can’t argue with any selection although I can make a case for the inclusion of Chibah who protected the defense wonderfully!

SQUAD IN ORDER OF APPEARANCES

View attachment 181235View attachment 181234
TEAM STATS

View attachment 181233
We scored the highest amount of goals, conceded the least, and had the best possession and the best hitting the target ratio. No wonder we won: D

PLAYER STATS

View attachment 181231
I love this screen particularly because it proves how much of a team effort our wins and goals are. Despite having the highest goals, we don’t have a single player in the Top 10 goal scorers. We don’t have the highest Man of the Match either. Other than the average rating, we don’t have any player in the Top 3 and that for me is the best indicator of my team.

FINANCIAL SUMMARY:

View attachment 181215
I am so glad that we are going to the Premier League. The situation looks worse than it is, I will explain why soon. Some regulations, some necessities force us to dip into our over draft which we hope will be set off by the Premier Leagues ridiculous money. We can't afford to go down otherwise it will be administration for us. Although we are expected to make a profit of 67 million next year which is just 67 times our bank balance :D

Last edited:
AWARDS:

View attachment 181228Cittadoni is an amazing player and deserved the award! As previously pointed out we managed to score the maximum goal despite no top goal scorers.

View attachment 181227
I expected Florent to win the award and while slightly disappointed, Ngoy has been a joy to watch this season. He took on the pressure of championship well despite his young age and scored as well as assisted on will.

View attachment 181226
Finally an award! Young Tabi deserves it as he played his heart out for the team. He would play wherever I asked him to, no questions asked and no complains! His ability for the Premier League is a bit in question though.

View attachment 181225
Three times in a row! I dedicate this award to my office at the club which has kindly played the role of my house as well for the last three years :D

View attachment 181224
The Team of the Year displays our defensive resilience and the reason for our winning the league as we concede less than one goal a match.
AROUND THE WORLD

View attachment 181223
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Paris Saint Germain

EUROPA LEAGUE: Newcastle United

F.A. CUP: Manchester City

CAPITAL ONE CUP: Manchester City

Game with Gab

View attachment 181092
View attachment 181091
Savan Shah has been making waves around England and with Oxford reaching the Premier League; people were forced to sit up and notice him and ask about the rookie who guided the unheralded team to the riches of Premier League. Although pundits and skeptics are still not convinced, they are surely impressed by this rag to riches story of the notorious manager from Manchester. A self proclaimed Manchester United fan boy, a big foodie and a giant among crowds, Savan Shah sure knows how to turn heads. Without any further ado, let’s welcome the man of the hour Savan Shah along with the hose Gabriel Marcotti.

G.M: Hi Savan. Welcome to the show. How are you doing? How does it feel to be in the Premier League?

Savan: Hi Gab. If I answer honestly, I am ****** nervous and scared but excited as well. When I joined oxford, Premier League was always the goal but it was to be reached 5 years from now and I have had to rework lots of things now that we are here.

G.M: Every English fan has the name of Oxford and Savan Shah on their lips, the global media is noticing. Is it hard to work with the media pressure?
Savan: No. You know about my story right? There was always media pressure on me and people were just waiting for a show of weakness to hound on me and bring up my past. So I have never felt the pressure of the media, it is something I am used to now.

G.M: That’s some tough talk: D. Tell us something about your working relationship with Mr Eales. He has been instrumental to you gaining the job,
Savan: I can’t thank him enough. He is one of the reasons that I would never want to leave the club unless of course it’s Manchester United that comes calling. I owe whatever I am today to him and if he wants me to jump through the window I probably would.

G.M: Despite what you are saying, you must be tempted to jump clubs to let’s say a richer club?

Savan: Not really. I would never work at any other English club unless in a lower division than Oxford or Manchester United. Money has never been the motivation for me, it has destroyed me and my family once and since then, I have never cared much about it.

G.M: You don’t hear that much these days! So Savan, tell us about your plans for the season?

Savan: I will be following a similar pattern to the last few seasons, sign a few player on loans, look out for bargains and deepen the First Team Squad. I am not going to splash on a single player. I have always advocated for financial sensibility and I will continue doing so. My aim is to survive and consolidate but that doesn’t mean we will be playing unambitious football. Possession and scoring goals with a stingy defense like always will be what I aim for.

G.M: You have shown a huge and high affinity to young players, any particular reason?

Savan: Money to state it simply. We have been okay financially, not a rich club and working with a budget and within limits was important. Young players generally don’t ask for huge money as they aren’t used to earning so much. It is harder for older players with family to take a pay cut. So it’s more easier convincing young players to sign at lower rates.

That and I love developing young players, molding them into way I like to play. It is easier for them to be taught certain things then older players. That doesn’t mean that older players aren’t required. In big leagues like the Premier League, their experience is invaluable and if available for the right money, I will be signing older players as well.

G.M: That was quite a detailed answer. You have a certain affinity with word that is hard not to love. Any last comment for the Oxford fans out there watching?

Savan: Thank You for standing by my side when it would have been easier to ditch me, it is fans like you that motivate me daily to work harder and harder. Our stadium is almost full every time and that is a pleasure to watch. I ensure that we will continue to flourish even in the Premier League.

G.M: That’s it for today folks. We had the popular Oxford manager Savan Shah with us today and he is making big waves in the world of football. We will see you again next month with yet another rising star. From the ESPN studio, it’s Gabriel Marcotti.

SEASON PREVIEW:

COMPETITIONS:

View attachment 180951
Is it wrong to say that I am scared? Well I am. As I mentioned to Gabriel Marcotti we are in the Premier League 5 years too early. I didn’t expect such a solid and fast rise of our team. I wasn’t even sure that I would be able to stay at Oxford for this long after my disastrous start to my managerial career at Aldershot, but here we are and we will have to make do.

The Board isn’t very confident although they have given me a sizable budget, they don’t think we can do much. All they want me to do is try and avoid relegation and even though as scared I was, I confidently told that I will avoid relegation. I have hit my leg on the axe, now I will have to bear the consequences. The players weren’t much confident as well and those who weren’t were promptly shifted out. I didn’t want such negativity in the squad. I have been given a sizable budget to revamp the squad and I will use it to do so.

I have thrived being an underdog till now and here we are again in the same situation again. Let’s show the ******* what we are made of!

As for the Capital One Cup and the F.A. Cup, I will probably take them both a game at a time taking into consideration our position in the premier league.

CLUB NEWS:

View attachment 180949
One of the first things that were necessary was to install under soil heating at our stadium. That is a 2 million cost and we go more in red: D. The under soil heating is a pre-requirement to play in the premier league.
I thought that we would receive good money once we got promoted from the Championship immediately and that’s why I asked the Board to do this:

View attachment 180947
View attachment 180946
View attachment 180944

Unfortunately I realized later that the money came in bits and parts after the season began. We didn’t receive much of a financial boost from any sponsors as well and the dream project that began last year had to be shunned.

View attachment 180948
TRANSFERS:

View attachment 180943
The board it seems is learning to multiply as after a 10 times boost last year, we receive an 8 times boost for the current season along with a 300K increase in the wage budget. As I have to practically rebuild the entire team I will have to use most of it.
I will last what positions I need to fill:
1 Goalkeeper
3 Centrebacks
3 Full backs
2 Central Mids
2 wingers
2-3 strikers

I will have to be financially prudent and even sign players talented enough to perform in the Premier League at once. It won’t be easy but when has been the job easy at oxford?

TACTICS:

I won’t bore you with my tactics. I am going to stick with my tried and trusted 4-4-2. It has helped me win 3 league titles and while I am not hopeful of a fourth straight title, I am adamant that it will help me survive. There have been pundits analyzing the tactic, opposition studying it and scouts’ watching it but it doesn’t matter. My tactic is as much as about the player as it is about the formation. I change a player and the tactic transforms into something else entirely.

So at the risk of ire from everyone I am going to stick with my 4-4-2 and you can stick your opinion up where the sun doesn’t shine!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 180940
I am very happy with our club supporters and the fan base and I hope to break the record again in the current season when we are in the premier league.

View attachment 180938
I thought we will receive the payment upfront (sheepish). I doubt any of the board has seen so much money though :D

TRANSFER HISTORY:

Being a Manager is not a fun job, sure it seems all dandy and cool but it isn’t. And you know whom do I hate? I hate player agents and I hate transfers. I would hire a Director of Football but I don’t trust other people much and it would be no good two people doing the job of one. Why are transfers so difficult?

First negotiate with the club and somehow get them to agree.

Second negotiate with the player and his agent for the basic details

Third negotiate with them for their fees, bonuses and stuff.

Then there is the medical and then the player gets confirmed. I wish the transfers were as easy as they are on football manager, so much simpler.

Well, sorry for the rant. I had a squad to overhaul and it was a headache. You would be pleased to hear though that I managed to sign most players that I needed though but also displayed my stupidity as I sign non-EU players for the first time.

I broke the club record, signed a legendary player, found some amazing regens and signed them only to realize later that they don’t have work permit (Cue crying). Seems a decent window eh?

View attachment 180903
SQUAD OVERVIEW:

Goalkeepers:

Koen Casteels: Signed for a mere 500K, the Belgian has been one of my favorite FM players as a backup keeper but is signed to take on the gloves this. Having played for clubs like Schalke, Bremen, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen in Germany over the years, I hope his experience and stability helps make a difference to our backline.

Lee Nicholls: The English keeper has been my first choice for 2 seasons but I don’t trust him in the Premier League. English and still a decent backup I am unlikely to let him go unless he demands ridiculous wages which he is known to do!

Position Rating: 3.5/5
Depth: 2.5/5

Full-Backs

Lorenzo De Silvestri: Signed for only 60,000 from Sassualo, the former Italian international brings much needed experience to my young backline. A good enough player for Premier League, his physical stats are good for a 31 year old which coupled with his dribbling and crossing skills will give us a few assists.

Florian Baak: Signed from Germany, Baak is a player with immense potential and the ability to play both at the centre and at right. He is more suited to the central role but will serve as the main back up to the aging Silvestri. He lacks for the role of attacking full back but can hold his own on the flanks.

Jay Dasilva: I still can’t believe that he plays for us. The young English full back will go on to become one of the best Left back in the Premier League. He is easily the first choice and has very good stats for an attacking full back. Hopefully my first choice for years.

Borthwick-Jackson: Although shining in real life, it seems Jackson will remain a backup at best for Oxford. He is still young and has potential to grow but I can neither let him go on loan nor give him time due to Dasilva.

Central Defenders:

Paddy McNair: My most expensive signing, the young Irish and former Manchester United player has the makings of a very good defender. Comfortable on the ball, good pace and an ability to play in various positions! He has every attribute a manager loves in a defender. I hope to have him at the club for a long time.

Alberto Masi: The once heralded Italian defender couldn’t fulfill his promise but will play the perfect partner for McNair. He is as comfortable on ball as he is without and has decent stamina in his legs. His only problem might be his inexperience in English Football.

Christopher Jullien: I wanted to offload him but kept him for depth as one of the players I signed one was not granted a work permit. He is not just cut for the level but can still play a bit-part role.

Jabulani Mahalangu: I noticed this guy when I was casually going over the South African squad and that was merely due to another player that I wanted to sign. Available for a free transfer, the defender at the age of 20 was an International Player and good enough for Premier League. He was ready to sign for peanut wages and I offered him a contract immediately. He is currently plying trade at Vitesse as we lobby for his work permit.

Position Rating: 3/5

Depth: 1/5

Wingers:

Aaron Lennon: The ex-Tottenham winger was transfer listed at Everton and I swooped for him immediately. He has not lost his fearsome pace and added a trick or two to his armory. His premier league experience is a vital needed addition to our squad.

Kemar Roofe: A decent player for premier league, the leader of my attack in the previous league is found lacking in the technical skills which might come back to haunt him in the Premier League. He will also have to contend playing second fiddle to the more experienced Lennon.

Rodrigo Bentacur: One of the wonderkid at start of the game and a phenomenal versatile player, the Uruguay International signed for the club for only 2.7 Mn but is still my second most expensive signing. Stupid as I am, I failed to notice that he was denied a work permit and had to be shifted out on loan. My best player out on loan.

Joel Obi: The ex-Inter player seems to be made for the Premier League. He is a tough tackling and hard working winger who can run up and down for days. His international experience is an added bonus for us as we take a young squad to the premier league.

Callum O’Dowda: He has survived the last three seasons by sudden burst of brilliant performances at the end of the season. He is unlikely to want to play second fiddle and most likely it will be his last season at the club.
Sean Jacobs: The young winger has been signed for squad depth for free after being released by Manchester City. He has good potential but unlikely to get a game.

Position Rating: 3/5
Depth: 3.5/5

Central Midfielders:

View attachment 180798

Bastian Schweinsteiger: The aging German general has been signed as a player/coach after being released by Manchester United. He adds much needed leadership and experience at the club and doubling up as coach helps us enhance our coaching as well. A vital cog to our survival.

Masulu Diamini: Another South African International signed for free and then loaned out due to permit issue. Diamini has immense mental stats. A leader, brave and touch tackling, no nonsense midfielder. He is regularly called up to the African squad and I hope to get him back in January.

Florent Cuvelier: A part of our team since league 2, Cuvelier is a vital part of the clubs historic rise to the Premier League. Although he has fallen behind in the pecking order, his intelligence means he will be one player who can make a difference with a single pass. An important member of the squad if not the first team.

Raman Chibsah: The Ghanian is tasked with the job of doing the dirty work as the creative players flourish around him. Capable of the occasional genius pass, he has stepped up his level in recent times and will be first name in the team until Diamini can be back.

Andres Pereira: I know he is primarily an attacking midfielder, a winger basically but as I don’t use that position he will have to fight for a position in Central Midfield. He is a creative and intelligent midfielder with brilliant flair and vision. He is also a very good deal ball specialist and adds vital depth and skill to the club. HE IS AN EX MANCHESTER STARLET AS WELL!

Hany Mukhtar: The coveted German U-21 player is now all grown up and playing his trade with Oxford. Signed in May from SLB, he can play anywhere in the midfield and will fill up the various holes that are in the team. He is a perfect team player and with very good attributes, I hope to keep him for long as well.

Position Rating: 4.5/5
Depth: 4.5/5

Forwards:

Valentin: The ex-Fulham player was signed to be a key player in Championship but will have to contend with a bit part role in the Premier League. Our one time record signing is just not good enough.

Borja Mayoral: Signed on loan from Real Madrid, the young Los Bloncos player is a star in making. Good technical, mental and physical stats means he will do well in any league he plays in. I doubt he will make the cut at Real Madrid but somewhere else he can be a star player. My first choice striker.

Shadab Gill: A similar to player to Mayoral just younger and English. A prime example of a team player, the Manchester United loanee forms a brilliant partnership with Mayoral on paper. I hope they can translate it to the pitch.

Hachim Mastour: Another young forward on loan, I signed him for his ability to play the False 9 role. Although has a very poor finishing, I will have to make do with him until I find a better player.

KEY PLAYERS:

Koen Casteels

View attachment 180902
Paddy McNair

View attachment 180901
Aaron Lennon

View attachment 180900
Hany Mukhtar

View attachment 180899
Borja Mayoral

View attachment 180898

Last edited:
PRE-SEASON REVIEW:

View attachment 180796
It was a long, travel filled pre-season but it increased my confidence of our survival in the Premier League as we played against clubs regularly participating in the Champions or the Europa League, and were mostly able to beat them. We gave a tough fight even in the games we lost and that is always a good sign. The squad is shaping up nicely although we miss a good clinical striker, an experienced one at that as we look to begin our campaign to Premier League Survival.

For the first time in many years, the pre-season wasn’t about money and it felt good to have a thing less to worry about. The Premier Leagues’ TV deal means that if we survive we will be able to push on to the next level very soon with the money available for us and I am hoping that we can do it. I have also decided that I will spend the budget I have left around 6 million, to shore up the team in the January and also scour the world for good young players so that I can build a young core team and also enhance my U-21’s and U-18’s.

I have almost stabilized the club, now it’s time to push on to the next level. It’s time then to begin our march on the Premier League. Let’s show them what we got!
IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 180795Brilliant news in August as we sell all our tickets, this will go a long way in filling our stadium and increasing our coffers. If we survive the season, I will be asking the board to expand our stadium

AUGUST REVIEW:

10/08/2019

Here we are, the Premier League, it feels the same, kind of anyways as we face Wolves in our first match in the English Premier League. The wolves fans are in their element, singing loudly and our fans are not far behind as both sets are particularly vociferous about playing in the Premier League. The question is, who will be shouting in the end.

View attachment 180668

YESS! First victory and 3 precious points to begin with, practically 6 as it was a relegation 6 pointer. I am glad to give our fans the bragging rights! The match was pretty even but we controlled possession and that in the end paved way for our victory. Mayoral got his first goal for the club and could have doubled it but for the missed penalty. THREE POINTS!!

17/08/2019

View attachment 180667
WOW! TWO MATCHES IN A ROW. It was another scrappy match but our humongous possession meant that they never had a chance and we controlled their counters well. A well taken goal by Lennon ensured another three points for us. A first home match and home win for us.

25/08/2019

View attachment 180665
I still don’t know how they won. They had one decent attack and they scored. Wayne Rooney was half fit. YES WAYNE ROONEY FOR IPSWICH. He rejected us and signed for them the fat *******. Their goalkeeper kept us out and earned himself a 9.1 rating. I hate losing like this.

27/08/2019

View attachment 180664
When they scored early on, I was afraid of another early exit but Kemar Roofe rescued us single handedly and scored both the goals. His second goal saved us from extra time and extra fatigue as we travelled to Walsall directly from Ipswich. Another game where we controlled the possession but failed to score much. We don’t have quality strikers, all my strikers are young and learning and it is creating a scoring problem.

31/08/2019

View attachment 180663
Probably a fair result as we both had almost equal possession, chances and shots but I would have loved to win it when we lead 2-1. We barely got 1 point in the end through a 90th​ minute equalizer. As a Man Utd fan, you always love a late goal.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 180662
A very good month but I am a tad disappointed by the Ipswich and Southampton result. I know I shouldn’t be greedy but 12 points or even 10 would have been nice as we faced bottom half opponents. Never the less 7 is a good haul and a good start to our premier league campaign. If we manage to keep possession, we will at least survive the league simply by boring the opponents!

LEAGUE TABLE:

I forgot! We are in mid table obscurity! A lot better than the last position we are predicted!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 180660
We struggled to maintain a bank balance of this amount and now we are getting this for a single match. How times change?