A New Era

haha 100% feedback on ebay, yours was a one off and it's cool gav not like i can install it just now anyway :p

Sound mate, it is on its way though. Dont like letting people down!! Hope your PC dont cost too much to fix btw.

The Express & Star 27th April 2013 - One Hand On The Title...

Man City 0 - 2 Wolves (Premier Division)

Wolves moved within reach of their second successive title at Eastlands with a 2-0 win over a lacklustre Man City.

The game effectively ended as a competion in the 7th minute as Cristian Benaventes left wing corner floated floated into the box and Lauri Dalla Valle rose head and shoulders above everybody to loop a header back across goal and into the corner of the net.
15 minutes later and it was Benavente who was the architect again, this time a free-kick from close to the City byline was whipped in to the near post and Spanish defender Jon Perez drifted in to head home.

Man City were disjointed and out of sorts, leaving Wolves to control the game easily, with several players missing golden opportunities to increase their lead.

Gav Williams said 'We've 3 games to go and hopefully we can have this wrapped up before we go to Arsenal on the last day. The lads are fit and full of confidence and at the moment we're playing some really good football. Its only ours to lose now.'

Man Citys slim hopes of Europe are now over, but a high mid-table finish will still be a respectable achievement.

Cheers mate any feedbacks appreciated. As long as people enjoy reading them I'll keep posting them. It does add a little extra dimension to the game to be honest.

When I start up again with Kris, might be a good idea to have both of us do one in the same thread, two different 'reporters' views on one game...

sounds good did i tell you the place i go to for the pc closed down so i need to call up this guy i know he will come get it for me but it will cost a bit more since he is picking it up etc but i dont have any other time :( but we shall start up again soon.

The Express & Star 30th April 2013 - Wolves Shine As Benavente Beats Barca!

Barcelona 2(3) - (6)3 Wolves (Champions Leagues Semi Final Leg 2)

Wolves turned on the style to oercome all odds against Barca at the Nou Camp. Frank Rijkaard had pointed out Juan Lucas, the player who picked them off in the first leg, as their main threat. But it was Cristian Benavente who stole the show with an immense performance.

It all seemed cut and dried for Barca as they shot into a two goal lead within the first two minutes. Leandro Lima twice capitalised on a hesitant Wolves defence to put Barca ahead on away goals. The ball was played into the Wolves area straight from kick off and Lima met Ronaldinhos centre at the near post to beat Ismael on just 16 seconds. And a minute later it was two as Iniestas through ball deflected off Taylor into Limas path for a simple finish.

Wolves were practically out of it, but we should have come to expect the obligatory fightback by now, which started just three minutes later! Benavente threaded through for Dalla Valle who was hacked down in the box by Vincent Kompany, leaving Theo Walcott to dispatch the penalty and put Wolves back in front on aggregate.

Having the away goal seemed to spur Wolves on and Benavente came more into the game as it wore on, bringing it nicely to the boil on 35 minutes with an amazing goal. 25 yards out he slipped the ball through to Walcott whose backheel back to Benavente completely baffled the Barca defence. The Peruvian then lit up the Nou Camp with a first time curling shot into the far corner of the net, bringing Wolves level on the night.

Wolves went into the second half in complete control and Victor Valdes kept the scoreline down until Benavente scored his second, which was arguably better than his first! Berk Yasar fed him through the middle and he pushed forward 15 yards before pulling the ball back onto his right foot and slamming a 30-yarder past Valdes' outstretched hand.

Frank Rijkaard slammed his players; 'We should have killed that game off after moving in front after 2 minutes, but we let them dictate the game to us instead. We knew what they were capable of from last week but we didnt stop them doing it. If you dont close opposition players down they will punish you.'

Gav Williams on the other hand couldnt hide his delight 'That was amazing. I thought at 2-0 down we were out of it. Maybe the penalty came at the right time, who knows, but these lads will always fight to win and thats what theyve done. I cant praise them enough!'

Wolves now just have to wait to see who they will face in the final.

Last edited:
SkySports.com 1st May 2013 - Champions League Final

The Sun 5th May 2013 - 'We'll Win Title At Albion!'

Leo Schwechlen has insisted Wolves will beat fierce rivals West Brom to clinch the Premiership Title.

'We have what it takes to beat West Brom, and given the rivalry between the two clubs, it would be great if we secured the title at our place in this fixture. We only need one more win to do it, lets hope its against them!'

Wolves superior goal difference over Arsenal means that 3 more points would effectively secure the title.

BBCSport.co.uk 5th May 2013 - Wolves Baggie The Title

Wolves 3 - 0 West Brom (Premier Division)

Wolves put one hand firmly on the title after a resounding win over local rivals West Brom at Molineux. In what was a completely one-sided affair, the Baggies never looked like upsetting the odds and were completely overrun by a dominant Wolves.

It did take 45 minutes for the deadlock to be broken however, when Berk Yasars relentless tackling in midfield allowed Steven Taylor to play through to Theo Walcott in the 18 yard area. His square ball found Lauri Dalla Valle who made no mistake with a close range finish.

A minute after the break Nicolas Leivas long free kick left Abubakari Yakubu unable to clear and Juan Lucas found Dalla Valle unmarked to score his second from 8 yards.

Walcott rounded the scoring off in the 66th minute following great linkup play between Cristian Benavente and Dalla Valle. Walcott received the ball, beat McShane and planted the ball into the far corner from a tight angle.

West Brom didnt even manage to muster a shot on goal and rarely ventured out of their own half. 'Although they didnt play well at all, we still had to get the job done,' said Gav Williams. 'We still had to find a way through a large defence. The fans will be happy with that one, as are the team. It will take a miracle for us to lose this title now.'

Albion manager Nigel Pearson said 'You cant look beyond them when they play like that. Theyve been quality all season and you just cant cope with Dalla Valle when hes in that form.'

Skysports.com 6th May 2013 - Arsenal Hand Title To Wolves

Man Utd beat Arsenal 1-0 at Old Trafford and saw the Premier Division title go to Molineux for the second season running. Arsene Wengers players looked inconsolable at the final whistle after a long hard battle to be Champions came to an end.

Wolves fans celebrated in droves after watching the game on TV. A prominent spokesperson of the supporters club claimed that next season already looks promising with a large transfer kitty to compliment an already highly succesful squad.

Gav Williams now has the option of resting some key players over the last two games for the Champions League Final. 'We still aim to win our remaining two games.' he insisted.

The Express & Star 9th May 2013 - Party Starts At Molineux

Wolves 1 - 0 Ipswich (Premier Division)

Tony Mowbrays Ipswich failed to live up to the party pooper tag as Wolves eased to victory in front of a thriving full house at Molineux in full celebration. It was Wolves last home game and the fans werent sent home disappointed. Ipswich were poor and was only an outstanding performance from Tractor Boys keeper Lewis Price which kept the score down.

Wolves managed 26 shots on goal, 13 of which were on target and Price single-handedly restricted them to one goal, which was smashed home by Theo Walcott after being put through by Benavente. It was Walcotts 40th goal of the season, his 24th in the Premiership. Coupled with Dalla Valles 41 goals, 22 in the league, its easy to see why Wolves have excelled this season. Players to create chances, and players to finish them.

It remains to be seen whether Gav Williams will break the bank for Spurs John Austin in the close season, or whether Brazilian pair Marcelo and Alan will be brought into the first team squad. Either way, Wolves will score plenty again next season....

BBCSport.com 13th May 2013 - Wolves Claim Title In Style

Arsenal 0 - 1 Wolves (Premier Division)

Kolo Toure saw red as Arsenal failed to resist Wolves in this showpiece finale. He was given his marching orders after 36 minutes for elbowing Theo Walcott in the face. Arsenal were already a goal down after Alessandro Antonioli had pounced on a loose ball to fire home in the 4th minute, and after going down to ten men never looked like finding a way back.

The immaculate Steven Taylor even managed to keep the deadly Carlos Vela quiet, he was limited to one long-range shot.
'Its been an amazing season,' said Gav Williams. 'The whole squad have pulled in the same direction and we've pulled out some fantastic results. We've also been very consistent, Theo and Lauris scoring records point to that. We've missed Falcao for virtually the whole season and managed to win the Premier League and reach the final of the Champions League. I think that shows the determination this bunch of players have, and we'll be stronger next season.'

Wolves now gear up for their historic second Champions League in a row against Real Betis in 8 days time, and the fans wait to see if they can pull off another incredible double.

The Sun 23rd May 2013 - Wolves Rule Europe!

Wolves 2 - 0 Real Betis (Champion League Final)

Lauri Dalla Valle and Theo Walcott rounded off a phenomenal season for Wolves and theirselves with a goal apiece to see off Real Betis.

It was Dalla Valle who set up Walcott after breaking down the left wing and firing in a low cross for Walcott to convert at the near post on 32 minutes. Five miutes later, Walcott returned the compliment floating in a quick free kick which Dalla Valle headed home from 10 yards.

Wolves form this season has been nothing short of amazing. 'The lads have played as a unit from day one this season.' said Gav Williams. 'Ive never known a togetherness like it. We have a fairly large squad and everyone knows they have their part to play, they have done that and never moaned at being left out. Our success this season is down to the players, Ive only told them what to do, theyve managed to go out and do it in style. For such a young squad Im immensely proud.'

Betis manager Luis Fernandez didnt seem too downhearted. 'We have done so well to reach the final, my players are like heroes in Betis. We were underdogs to start off with so we have lost nothing. It would have been nice to win, but when you play a side like Wolves you know it will be hard. My players can be proud of themselves.'

Wolves now head into the close season amid a flurry of transfer rumours. John Austin and Pierre Ducasse are being linked with Wolves, and players such as Yuri, Nicolas Leiva and Mike Bull are being targeted by Europes big guns. However on top of two successful seasons, Wolves arent in a position to need to sell. John Bosz will be leaving Molineux though after being placed on the transfer list, and its believed Carl Aitken will soon be following him after the £11m signing from Liverpool failed to make a big impact after two years at the club.

Well done, I'm so proud of you. Will have a nice transfer kitty aswell after that to improve your squad even more.

Ive gotta admit that was the most enjoyable season Ive had so far. Everything just fell into place. I never thought you could have the 'perfect' squad but this lot just seemed unbeatable, it was rare I even had to make tactical changes.

Ive still got £24m available to spend from last season, so hopefully should get a nice lump on top of that.

SkySports.com 1st June 2013 - Antonioli Rejects Blues And Gunners

Rising Italian star Alessandro Antonioli has signed a new contract with Wolves to keep him at the club until 2018. The winger had expressed an interest in holding contract talks with both London clubs after they both met Wolves £15m valuation plus add-ons.

However, Antonioli chose to re-sign with Wolves. 'I spoke to Arsenal and Chelsea, but Wolves is where I think I will win things. The boss showed faith in me by paying Real Madrid £6m when I was in the cold, and hes brought me on a long way. I need to repay that faith.'

Antonioli featured regularly last season due to Falcaos long term injury problems, and was a key factor in some important wins.

The Sun 18th June 2013 - Ajax Catch A Bosz

John Bosz has agreed terms with Ajax and will complete a £3m move from Molineux in the transfer window.

Bosz has failed to break into the first team after two seasons at Wolves following a free transfer from PSV. 'Im sad to leave Wolves,' said Bosz 'but I need first team football. Wolves are a quality side but I cant see myself challenging Roberto or Berk Yasar for a place. Im happy to go back to Holland with Ajax.'

Wolves transfer kitty will be boosted to £38m after the sale.

The Express & Star 19th June 2013 - Wolves Claim Signing Of The Season

Steven Taylor became Wolves captain after joining on a free from Newcastle and led them to the league and European Cup double.

Romanian Ionut Patrascu spent the season on loan at feeder club Patro Eisden and was voted the best player in the Belgian league