A New Era

good effort. i always believed in you :p

The Sun 5th July 2013 - Wolves Fail In Austin Move

Tottenham have rejected a £37m offer for John Austin from Wolves. Manager Gav Williams has followed Austins career for the past two years and has finally made a move, but Dider Deschamps is highly reluctant to let the striker leave.

'I know we have plenty of top quality players in that position,' said Williams 'but John is a one-off. Hes taken the national team by storm at such a young age, and no disrepect to Tottenham, but Im sure he break records here. We'll try all we can to sign him.'

Wolves have reportedly upped their offer to £40m in an attempt to land their number one target. They have yet to sign anybody this transfer window but have allowed several players to leave. 'We still have a large squad' said Williams. 'If you look at the two or three players moving up from the reserves and are immediately challenging for a first team place, we've planty of strength in depth.'

The Sun 29th July 2013 - Wolves Tipped To Win Third Title

Wolves were today made clear favourites to win the Premier League, despite the fact they have made NO summer signings. Their summer-long chase of Spurs and England striker came to an end as Tottenham rejected Wolves £44m plus Carl Aitken offer.
'We cant offer any more than that' said Wolves boss Gav Williams. 'Our final offer was already going to break the bank, and in all respects it was a very good offer. John has expressed his desire to join us but Tottenham seem hellbent on keeping him, so we wont be following up our interest.'

It is unlikely Williams will be offering for Real Madrids Pierre Ducasse either after Roberto signed a 3 year contract extension at Molineux, although Gomes of Valencia has been linked with Wolves. 'Our squad is easily good enough for this season,' said Williams. 'We've sold some fringe players admittedly, but with Hiroki Toda and Alan being promoted from the reserves, we look in better shape than last season. We'll continue to search for the right young players to train for the future, we've been succesful in that approach up to yet.'

SkySports.com 1st August 2013 - Wolves Pair Win Top Awards

Lauri Dalla Valle and Theo Walcott were last night named European Midfielder and Forward of the year. Dalla Valle picked up the Midfielder award although he played as Walcotts strike partner. The pair scored over 40 goals each last season, guiding Wolves to a League and European double. Dalla Valle was top scorer in Europe, and Walcott followed up in second place.

'I think this justifies our stance of not paying iver the odds for an English player (John Austin). Theo and Lauri fully deserve their awards, they were fantastic last season. Nearly 90 goals between them is a remarkable achievement, and they're only going to get better.'

Juan Lucas, Wolves Spanish international left winger, was voted second best midfielder to wrap up a succesful showing by Wolves players.

BBCSport.co.uk 11th August 2013 - HatTrick Hero Wins Community Shield

Wolves 3 - 0 Arsenal (Community Shield)

A first class performance from Wolves at Wembley signalled a shuddering message of intent to the rest of the Premiership. Arsenal were simply torn to pieces by Wolves forward play, infuriating Arsene Wenger. 'Our defence was non-existant.' proclaimed an irate Wenger. 'If that is how we are going to defend this season we will be relegated.'

You cant argue about Wengers view of his defenders, although it may have been a little harsh as any backline would have found it hard to cope with Wolves front five. It took only eight minutes for Dalla Valle and Walcotts superb first touch interplay to leave Dalla Valle alone to smash home from nine yards.

Four minutes later and Falcaos persistance on the right payed dividends as his cross found Dalla Valle. He powered in a volley which Oscar Ustari got a hand to, but the shot was too vicious for him to prevent it screaming into the top corner.

Falcao also played a big part in Dalla Valles third. Juan Lucas cross from the left was met by the head of Falcao only for Ustari to palm out to the right. Falcao chased the rebound himself, pulled back to the edge of the area for Berk Yasar to fire in a 20-yarder, Ustari palmed out again but this time Dalla Valle was lurking to grab his third from 8 yards.

Cristian Zapata had previously seen red for bringing down Walcott when he was clean through on 32 minutes, which hardly helped Arsenals cause.

Man Of The Match Dalla Valle commented 'Its great to score in the first game of the season, so it was extra special to get all three goals and the match ball. Hopefully this is a glimpse of what is to come for the rest of the season.'

Although only labelled a prestigious friendly, this game was anything but. And if this performance is anything to go by, you cant look further than Wolves to win the title this season....

SkySports.com 14th August 2013 - Gomes Goes Gold

Wolves have completed the signing of Gomes from Valencia for £14.25m. The Brazilian under-21 international had a release clause in his contract allowing him to leave for that figure should it be offered.

Although only 21 Gomes is much travelled. After being snapped up by Inter on a free four years ago, he spent a season on loan at Aston Villa then Werder Bremen, failing to make an impact at either club due to his young age.
Valencia then paid Inter £12.5m for him in 2012, where he made 25 succesful apperances.

Wolves boss Gav Williams said 'This is a great signing for us. His potential is massive. Do I think the price is too high? No chance. Look at Berk Yasar, we paid £16m for him and hes been worth every penny. £44m wasnt enough to sign John Austin, so in retrospect I think we have a bargain with Gomes.'

The Express & Star 17th August 2013 - Toffees Melt In Sun

Wolves 3 - 0 Everton (Premier Division)

A full house at sun-soaked Molineux saw Wolves open their campaign with a comfortable win over Everton. The blue half of Merseyside came looking for a point with five strung across the midfield an only talismanic Romanian Ciprian Andrei Marica up front. He cut a lonely figure as Wolves dominated the game in the middle of the field, creating chance after chance in the process.

Dalla Valle continued his red hot form as he opened the scoring on 18 minutes. Tim Howards terrible clearance went straight to Walcott who advanced to the byline before cutting back to Yuri on the edge of the area. He in turn played through to Dalla Valle who beat the outstretched Howard easily.

Dalla Valle doubled the lead just seconds later as Wolves cleared Evertons long punt from the kick off, Walcott latched onto it and raced into Evertons area from the halfway line completely unchallenged. Papa Diakhate managed to make a timely challenge on Walcott only for Juan Lucas to pick up the loose ball, feed Dalla Valle and his finish was simplcity.

Walcott capitalised on some comical Everton defending for the third. Dalla Valle was disposessed on the left, and TWO backpasses failed to find Howard allowing Walcott to nip in and place into the empty net from a tight angle.

The crowd was on its feet for a cameo appearance from new signing Gomes, and all in all Wolves look good value for money on this showing.

The Sun 20th August 2013 - Sams Saints Are Sinners

Southampton 0 - 2 Wolves (Premier Division)

Sam Allardyce proclaimed that Wolves would walk the title this season, and his words came back to bite him as Wolves cruised to victory over his newly-promoted Saints.

'We spent a year out of this division after being relegated,' said Allardyce 'But I think we are better equipped this time around to stay here. It wont be easy as Wolves proved, but they are a **** good side. My moneys on them for the title!'

Indeed, if Big Sam keeps The Saints playing like that they may well stay up. It took Wolves 30 minutes to break the deadlock, and it was Gomes on his full debut who did it with a stunning goal which showed the doubters that maybe Williams was right to spend £14m on him. Fabrice Muamba headed the excellent Juan Lucas left wing cross clear, but the ball fell to Gomes 25 yards out and he curled a first time cracker into the far top corner. Even the Southampton fans applauded the finish.

Wolves went 2-0 up five minutes later when Yasar won the ball in midfield and fed Lucas out wide. He in turn played it inside to Dalla Valle whose neat through ball set Walcott clear of the defence to round the keeper and slide home.

It was an impressive full debut for Gomes whose range of passing was limitless, and he gives Wolves the added depth of someone who can score from long range. But it was Juan Lucas who stole the show. He popped up everywhere and gave Sebastien Pocognoli a torrid afternoon. The Spanish international has started to attract attention from a host of top clubs, but has made it clear he has no intentions of leaving a club who he sees as the best in Europe at the moment.

Big Sam agrees with him......

SkySports.com 22nd August 2013 - Wolves Get Tough European Draw

The Express & Star 23rd August 2013 - Wolves Sign Almeida

Wolves have signed 18 year old Brazilian defender Almeida from Chelsea in a £5.25m deal. The youngster joined Chelsea from Vasco in 2012 for an undisclosed fee and spent the season on loan at Cardiff, but had been brought to the attention of Gav Williams by his scouts.

'When my scouts tell me that I must sign someone I have to trust them. Theyve given me such gems as Falcao, Yuri, Benavente and Juan Lucas in the past to name but a few, so I have to go with them. Ive watched Almeida on a few occasions and he does have massive potential.'

It looks as though he will be farmed out to one of Wolves feeder clubs for the near future, or even a Championship club as there are a number of them interested in his signature temporarily.

Nice one mate. Bit ****** off didnt get that Austin (I hate Spurs), but Gomes looks special already and Dalla Valle is on fire so goals shouldnt be too hard to come by.

Hope I can get a couple of records this season, Ive been obliterated off the records page!!

SkySports.com 23rd August 2013 - Dalla Double Wins European Super Cup

Sampdoria 0 - 2 Wolves (European Super Cup)

Lauri Dalla Valle scored two superb goals to cap a fine display and secure the Super Cup for Wolves, taking his tally to 7 goals in 4 games in the process.

In a game in which Sampdoria pushed forward with intent, there was plenty of chances, but it was the in-form Finn who took them. His first came in the 65th minute as Wolves paitent approach play payed off. Juan Lucas played a one-two with Yuri out on the left before sliding a pass inside to Dalla Valle. There didnt look much danger 30 yards out, but Dalla Valle unleashed a vicious swerving drive which Marco Amelia could only palm into his own net.

Dalla Valles second topped his first effort, sustitute Falcao floated a deep right wing cross to the left hand side of the box where Dalla Valle was all alone to volley a first time left foot shot on the run into the far top corner. It was the type of finish only a quality player at the top of his game would attempt, let alone pull off.

'He is frightening around the box, hes capable of anything,' said manager Gav Williams. 'He can be anonymous for 75 minutes then destroy teams in 15. Hes already scored over a fifth of the goals he scored last season, and we've only played four games. I hope he beats last seasons total, for his sake and mine!'

Wolves felt they had gained revenge for last seasons Super Cup defeat by a single goal to Chelsea.

luck on your side since you started your story

Im due a really bad run. Tottenham up next with the mighty John Austin.
To be fair though this is an amazing squad. Its the first time Ive not been concerned at injuries because of the amount of top class players who can come in and play.

Edit: Kris Ive sent you a copy of my saved game on that DVD. Have a quick couple of matches with that squad. Dont know whether Gomes had joined before I put it on the disc...

Last edited:
sweet. hope i get it soon as im bacckkk :D

boozad, what season did you start to play dalla valle and benavente? and at what age do you start to play regens?

Last edited:
sweet. hope i get it soon as im bacckkk :D

Should be landing on yer mat anytime soon

boozad, what season did you start to play dalla valle and benavente? and at what age do you start to play regens?

This is Dalla Valles 3rd season so he was about 18/19 and his stats had shot up going out on loan. The same for Benavente I think.
As for regens, I'll play them at any age if their stats are good enough and their performances warrant it.

there is still a big back log with mail here as Glasgow went on an unofficial strike i got like 8 letters today :p