skysportsbanner.jpg

NIGHTMARE AT IBROX
Rangers 0-3 CSKA Moscow
Guilherme '15, '68
Ignashevich '48
Lee_McCulloch_42848t.jpg

Shock as Rangers go down 3-0 against CSKA Moscow
It was another tricky night in Europe for Rangers as they took on CSKA Moscow which was always going to be a tough test.

Rangers suffered 2 setbacks as Bougherra was ruled out of the game suffering from a gashed head and Kenny Miller was taken off after just 5 minutes with an injury.
CSKA Moscow took the lead on the 15th minute after Necid used his pace to get into the box, he fooled McGregor with a pass to Guilherme instead of taking the shot himself. This left Guilherme in almost a certain position to score. 1-0 to CSKA Moscow after 15 minutes. Aldonin hit the crossbar on the 22nd minute as CSKA Moscow started to get on top.
Rangers first real chance came just before half time as Kris Boyd headed a Steven Davis cross wide.
Despite being unfit Kyle Lafferty came on to replace Kris Boyd for the second half as Daniel tried to get his Rangers side back into it.

CSKA doubled there lead on the 48th minute when a Krasic corner was headed in by an unmarked Ignashevich, it was poor defending by Rangers who looked to be missing Bougherra.
A teasing Necid cross which was met by the head of Guilherme to make it 3-0 to CSKA Moscow on the 68th minute.

Not a good performance by us tonight, quite suprised as I was confident going into this game. We know they're a great side though with Akinfeev, Guilherme and Dzagoev in particular are great players. But yeah, it's disappointing knowing that we played so well at Anfield to get a point, then when CSKA Moscow come here we just didnt look like we wanted to be out there. Maybe players were too focused on our next game against Celtic. We'll forget this, move on.. and aim to repay the fans by beating Celtic.
We missed Bougherra tonight though and young Danny Wilson came in, he's only 17 and to step up and play CSKA Moscow is very difficult.
Daniel had that to say, who was clearly disappointed.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

scottishsun.jpg

Pg-58-Kenny-Miller-G_48878tceltic.jpg

Miller in his Celtic days
MILLER PLEA: LET ME PLAY AGAINST CELTIC
Despite coming off injured against CSKA Moscow after 5 minutes x-ray results have shown no break on his ribs, just bruising. But he could still miss out to play ex-club and Old Firm rivals Celtic at home.
Miller has reportedly spoken to Daniel and confirmed himself fit enough to face Celtic in 3 days time.

I am fit and ready to go. I want to play Celtic, I understand the rivalry and I want to score the winner against Celtic. I feared the worst when I got injured against Moscow [CSKA] but I can play against Celtic.

Hope you keep this up mate, great updates as of late and hope that you bring Miller on, as a sub or from the start. Rangers are gonna win this league title under your reigns

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS BEAT CELTIC!
Rangers 1-0 Celtic
Boyd '63
boydvsceltic.jpg

Boyd scored the winner against Celtic
It's the biggest game of the season for both Rangers and Celtic.

Kenny Miller fails in his bid to prove himself fit and doesnt even make a place on the bench whilst Madjid Bougherra starts in defence despite not being 100% fit.
Rangers manager had this to say before the game:
We've looked at both Kenny [Miller] and Bougherra and we've come to the decision that Kenny wont be fit at all which is a shame because he's in good form. Bougherra is an important player and has played well all season so, despite not being 100% fit I am going to start him, whether he plays all game is a different story.

Rangers goalkeeper picked up a knock just a few minutes into the game but continued to play. Celtic started on top as Zheng Zhi came close in the first 15 minutes.
Despite not seeing much of the ball Rangers started to get into the game towards the end of the first half, Kyle Lafferty came close but his effort came to nothing in the end.
The first half ended 0-0 with no clear cut chances.

Rangers took the lead in the 62nd minute as Smith's corner met the head of Kris Boyd to put the ball into the roof of the net and sending the fans into raptures.
Kris Boyd's celebration showed how much it ment to him and every other player on the pitch as they all jumped on top of Boyd in celebration.

Celtic had an opportunity to equalise in the 92nd minute of the game when Brown put Fortune through on goal who played it sidewards to McDonald but Lee McCulloch had ran half of the field in that time to get back and make a superb goal saving tackle to put it out for a corner with seconds remaining.
Flood sent the ball in on the resulting corner but injured Rangers goalkeeper McGregor claimed the ball in the box, it was as if Rangers had scored again as they knew that was the last peice of action of the game.

Fantastic performance, until the 92nd minute they couldnt even get into our box. They were taking pointless shots from outside the box and at that point I knew we could hold on for the win. It was scary at the end with that chance but McCulloch saved us there. We were great out there today. I am so glad we could repay the fans after the CSKA Moscow result!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

scottishsun.jpg

Kris-Boyd-001.jpg

Boyd celebrating after his goal against rivals
BOYD SPEAKS OF
HIS DELIGHT
Kris Boyd has spoken out at his delight at scoring the winning goal against Celtic yesterday to make it 7 wins in 7 SPL games, scoring an amazing 15 goals and only letting 1 goal in.
It was an amazing feeling when I scored that goal. I didnt know what to do! I just kept running towards the fans and when I got there I just fell to the floor, it was amazing. I'll never do that again though! He joked. The lads almost crushed me when they all jumped on!
We're top of the league by 4 points and looking really good. The boss has got us playing some really good football, we're strong in defence and midfield and good in attack. Every player knows their role in the game. I think we'll win the league.

St Johnstone suprisingly sit in 2nd place in the league 4 points behind Rangers with Celtic in 3rd on 14 points, 7 points behind rivals Rangers.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS LEAVE IT LATE
St Johnstone 0-1 Rangers
Boyd '83
Kris-Boyd-001-1.jpg

Boyd celebrating after scoring a late winner and his 6th goal in 9 games.

It was a midday kick off against suprise package St Johnstone who occupy 2nd place in the league, 3 points ahead of Celtic and 4 points behind Rangers.
Rangers come into this game on the back of a good display against Celtic saw them come out 1-0 winners whilst St Johnstone beat bottom of the league Hamilton who so far in 7 games have 1 point and have only scored 1 goal.
St Johnstone had 4 players unavailable but there were no injury concerns for Daniel apart from Kirk Broadfoot who was doubtful after just coming back from a damaged foot.
Kenny Miller was making his return to the starting lineup after missing the Celtic game with a bruised rib, partnering him upfront was Old Firm match winner Kris Boyd.

Rangers almost took the lead on the 37th minute when Kris Boyd headed the ball on over Smith in the St Johnstone goal towards Kenny Miller but Smith got back to save well.
Despite Rangers domination the sides went in at half time level at 0-0.

Kyle Lafferty came on, on the 50th minute to replace Miller who clearly didnt have his shooting boots on. Lee McCulloch, who picked up a slight injury, came off for promising youngster Fleck too.
Whittaker put in a superb cross on the 83rd minute for Kris Boyd to header home and make it 1-0 sparing Rangers blushes.
The full time whistle went and St Johnstone could certainly take positives out of the game.

St Johnstone really impressed me today, they took us all the way and matched us in every department. They're second in the league for a reason, they were really good. Derek McInnes has got them playing some good football.
They were the best team we've played in the SPL this season, without a doubt.
That is what Daniel had to say on Rangers and their late win at St Johnstone.

The result leaves Rangers 7 points clear of St Johnstone in 2nd place.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

heraldscotland.jpg

DANIEL WANTS JACKSON
08jackson.jpg

Andy Jackson: Rangers Target
Rangers boss, Daniel has admitted he is thinking about signing Andy Jackson. St Johnstones star striker is in deadly form having scored 9 times in 8 SPL games this season and has caught the eye of the Rangers boss.
He is having a great season with 9 goals in 8 games. I am looking into signing him but we'll have to sit down with the board and talk about transfer funds as at the moment we have nothing to spend unfortunately.

It's believed Rangers favourite Nacho Novo may have to move to make way for the 21 year old striker.

I havent discussed it with anybody but yes if I cant have funds to spend then players will have to go but I cant comment on who at this stage.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

skysportsbanner.jpg

RANGERS IMPRESS IN ZURICH
Zurich 1-3 Rangers
Naismith '10 (PEN)
Lafferty '21 '82
Vonlanthen '72

lafferty-1.jpg

Lafferty netted 2 goals in Zurich

Rangers take on Zurich in Letzigrund tonight in what Daniel is calling the game a 'must win' if they want to qualify for the knock out round.

Rangers started better as David Weir almost headed Rangers into the lead within the first few minutes but it was saved in the end by Leoni.
Steven Naismith was brought down inside the box in the 8th minute to give Rangers the chance to score from the spot, Naismith stepped up and cooly slotted it to the 'keepers left.
Kyle Lafferty doubled Rangers lead with a superb curling shot from outside the box on the 20th minute. Davis played the ball from centre midfield to Lafferty who hit to again to the goalkeepers left.
Zurich almost got back into it just 2 minutes later as Vonlanthens effort was pushed onto the crossbar by Rangers goalkeeper McGregor.
Mendes was next to hit the crossbar, this time for Rangers as his 25 yard effort came crashing back off the crossbar on the stroke of half time.

Boyd was looking tired at half time and so he came off for Kenny Miller.
Vonlanthen got Zurich back into it with a good solo goal, getting around Bougherra and slipping the ball to the bottom left with 15 minutes to go.
Davis settled Rangers nerves though with a low driven cross into Lafferty who smashed the ball straight at the goalkeeper, but the power and speed couldnt be stopped and it was 3-1 on the 82nd minute.
That's how it stayed and Rangers are firmly back in the race for the knock out round.

We played well today with some good attacking display, I dont think our defence was quite as good as it has been but we've got the 3 points and we're now 2 points off CSKA who are in 2nd place.
But yeh an away win at Zurich is a great result.

Daniel also commented on the transfer news regarding St Johnstone striker Andy Jackson:
As I said, we're looking at him. I have approached the board for money and I am grateful that they've given me enough to get him and maybe one other in. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

rangers.jpg

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Rangers would like to confirm that Andy Jackson has accepted a contract offer from Rangers after St Johnstone accepted a £1.3mill bid for the 21 year old.
Andy Jackson will officially become a Rangers player on January 1st 2010.

This is a fantastic story, well layed out, plenty of information, well done

skysportsbanner.jpg

RANGERS JUST BEAT ZURICH
Rangers-Kenny-Miller-shot-goes-wide_1072407.jpg

Kenny Miller up against Zurich goalkeeper

Rangers hopes of reaching the knockout round of the Champions League are still alive with a 1-0 victory over Zurich at home.
Zurich had the majority of the ball for large parts of the game but Kenny Miller scored only his second goal of the season on the 33rd minute.

We rode our luck at times in that game and if it wasnt for McGregor we might not really have a chance to get out of this group, but we do so we'll keep fighting.

Next in Europe for Daniels men are Liverpool at Ibrox in a game which Rangers cannot afford to lose if CSKA Moscow take maximum points against Zurich.
Whatever happens Rangers will still play in Europe as if they dont qualify they'll finish 3rd and play in the UEFA Cup.

This is a really great story.
Keep this level of detail up because it's very good.
Although it pains me to read it being a Celtic fan :p
Oh well, good stuff

good story so far mate. shame you didnt do one with the mighty walsall

This is a really great story.
Keep this level of detail up because it's very good.
Although it pains me to read it being a Celtic fan :p
Oh well, good stuff

Check out my Celtic story then :p its coming along well I HOPE ! haha

Great rangers story ! Im enjoying it :D

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

My Celtic story !!! Henrik larsson as manager !! Check it out and tell me what you think please :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/henrik-larsson-becomes-new-celtic-manager-t44014.html

Keep up the good work by the way Dan !!!

Just read the latest update's mate very nice unluck against CSKA looking forward to the next update

sportfootballbbc.jpg

Rangers 0-0 St Mirren
Paul-Gallacher-St-Mirren_2382662.jpg

Arguably won St Mirren the point against Rangers
Rangers took on a safe mid table St Mirren side, 14 points clear of relegation.
The St Mirren manager, Gus MacPherson has stated he believes Rangers will win the league.
It's always good when opposition managers are tipping you to win the league but we have to do the business on the pitch and prove them right. Our performances are starting to dip slightly and we cant have that as we come into a busy period.
Is what Daniel said.
Rangers could go an incredible 15 points clear if St Johnstone fail to beat Aberdeen.

Rangers were completely on top of St Mirren who couldnt get the ball out of there own half. But with no goals, at half time it was somehow 0-0.

Daniel had 2 injury concerns on the 54th minute as Kevin Thomson had to come off, as did Steven Whittaker.
The St Mirren goalkeeper Gallacher was on top form as he kept out one on ones from Boyd, Lafferty and 90th minute sub Naismith.
The final score was 0-0 as St Mirren are the team to end Rangers 100% record which lasted an incredible 10 games before todays game.
Rangers still sit comfortably in first place 10 points clear of Aberdeen in 2nd place.

We played some good football but we couldnt finish at all today. The defence were good, the build up play was ok but once the strikers got the ball the St Mirren 'keeper was determined to keep us out. He had a great game.

Thanks for all the comments :)

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

heraldscotland.jpg

THOMSON AND WHITTAKER OUT
kevthomsoninjured.jpg

Kevin Thomson: Out of Liverpool match

Kevin Thomson and Steven Whittaker have been ruled out of the Liverpool game at Ibrox, a game Rangers cannot afford to lose.
The news broke after both players were examined.
Ever present midfielder Kevin Thomson will be out for around 6 weeks with a sprained ankle and first choice right back Steven Whittaker will be out for 3 weeks with a groin strain.

The 2 lads will be out for a few weeks, nothing too serious though. It could of been worse as we thought at first Thomson may have broken his ankle but we can cope for 5-6 weeks. I'm gutted for them both that they'll miss the Liverpool game but luckily with the return of Broadfoot after 8 months out he can fill in at right back. We've got cover for the midfield position too so it's not like we're short of players anywhere for now.

We met Kevin Thomson outside before he left the training ground and he had this to say:
I've sprained my ankle and i'll be out for a few weeks so i'll be missing the Liverpool game which I am really disappointed about but I am confident in the lads and I can focus on getting back to full fitness now as I should be back just before the busy Christmas period.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

scottishsun.jpg

RANGERS SIGN ANOTHER 2?
The Scottish Sun can say exclusively that Rangers have signed another 2 players. The Sun understands that Daniel had asked the board for more money twice and they had accepted to give him more money.

It is believed Rangers have given him around £7million.
This comes at a time where Rangers are supposidly in a dire financial state but they have already splashed £1.3million on Andy Jackson the St Johnstone striker who has 10 goals in 10 games, he could be a future star as he is only 21 years old.

We understand that Rangers will not be going public with these 2 transfers until January when the players arrive at the club.

I have asked the board for more transfer funds yes, that is true. They have given me some and we've looked at targets, that's all I would like to say on it for now and we wouldnt want it to complicate anything.
That's what Daniel said when we asked him outside Ibrox.

Last edited:
sportfootballbbc.jpg

KILMAR 'KNOCK-OUT'
nasmith.jpg

Steven Naismith: Man of the Match

After a long much needed international break Rangers were at home against Kilmarnock.
Nacho Novo was starting his 2nd game of the season on the right wing as Lafferty partnered Naismith upfront. Steven Davis was in centre midfield to replace the injured Kevin Thomson and Broadfoot replaced the injured Whittaker.

Rangers immediatly took the lead within the first 3 minutes as a Rothen cross was met by Lafferty to tap the ball into an empty net.
Lee McCulloch doubled Rangers lead on the stroke of half time with a perfectly placed shot inside the box, down to the keepers bottom left.

Steven Smith replayed loanee Rothen at half time.
Naismith stunned the crowd with a goal for Rangers on the 66th minute as Combe the Kilmarnock goalkeeper rushed out to chase a tricky ball outside the box which Naismith neatly chipped over the goalkeeper into the goal.
Kilmarnock grabbed a goal on the 73rd minute as Fowlers shot bounced to Kyle inside the box who looked offside, to meet Allan McGregor one on one and scored.
Kenny Miller came on, on the 80th minute and instantly made his mark on the game scoring a header on the 87th minute making the score 4-1.

We played very well out there today and I was really impressed, the perfect performance before we go into a game against Liverpool.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

skysportsbanner.jpg

RANGERS DONT CAUSE UPSET
fernando-torres-champions-league-first-knockout-round-second-leg-inter-milan-vs-liverpool-march-11-2008-1KAfbT.jpg

Fernando Torres and Gerrard celebrate Torres' 2nd goal.

Rangers took on Liverpool tonight at Ibrox. The fans were excited.. That was until the news filtered through that deadlty striker Fernando Torres was fit to play this time.

We managed to catch up with Rangers boss Daniel just before he went to give his team talk:
I'm just going to tell the players what everybody knows, we can win tonight. We need to put in 100% though otherwise they'll punish us.

Torres put Liverpool ahead with a thundering header from a Gerrard corner on the 7th minute.
Naismith got Rangers back on level terms just 4 minutes later as he came inside and put a low effort down into Reinas bottom right.
On the 22nd minute Steven Gerrard cut through the Rangers defence in almost an exact same way that Naismith did at the other end. Liverpool 2-1 Rangers.
Torres had opportunities to further Liverpools lead but Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor was keeping him out.

After the break Benayoun put a perfect cross to Torres who got his second of the game with a volley on the 53rd minute.
Kris Boyd thought he'd got Rangers back into the game on the 66th minute as he pounced on a Reina error to make it 3-2 but it was disallowed for offside.
It finished Rangers 1-3 Liverpool.

I thought we actually played well out there and I have no complaints, Torres was just unstoppable. He was simply world class, he is just too quick for defenders and we couldnt cope with that. Its disappointing to know we're out the Champions League now, we'd have to beat CSKA Moscow 7-0 in Moscow and I cant see that happening! Oh well, I'll be going all out to win the UEFA Cup.

Hard luck if you go out of Champions League and Torres is a deadly one in the game. Keep this up mate you've got a reader here. I may be silent from now and then but i'm reading :)

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS FINALLY LOSE
_46819635_miller_goal_466i_sns.jpg

Lee Miller putting Aberdeen 1-0 up.

Rangers took on Aberdeen today at a dry, suprisingly warm Pittodrie Stadium in Aberdeen.
Rangers were looking to continue to break the record for the biggest unbeaten run in the SPL, which now stands at 12 games.

Aberdeens Lee Miller put them ahead on the 12th minute as he reacted before Bougherra to a free ball in the Rangers box.
McDonald then hit the crossbar for Aberdeen on the 26th minute but it looked as though McGregor in the Rangers goal had it covered, had it being going in.
Daniel was not happy by the display though and was very animated on the touchline.
Aluko then sent a low teasing driven cross from the left side of the pitch across the Rangers goal which Lee Miller only just failed to connect too.
At the break it was Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers.

Kris Boyd was replaced by Kyle Lafferty at half time in an attempt to get an equaliser and they also went more attacking. Daniel seemed determind to remain unbeaten.
Aberdeen had a corner in the 73rd minute which McGregor dropped, it fell to Diamond who blasted it at the goal but Papac was on the line to clear the ball.
The full time whistle blew and Aberdeen had ended Rangers magnificent unbeaten run.
Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers

We were shocking today, nobody wanted to play. Again, we play Liverpool and the next SPL game we're expected to perform.. We struggled after our last Liverpool game and today we've lost after we play Liverpool. We cant be expected to perform at a high level every week when we're playing 3 games a week sometimes.
Daniel clearly wasnt very happy with fixture congestions.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

scottishfa.jpg

RANGERS GET PARTICK THISTLE
Rangers, holders of the Scottish Cup have been drawn against Scottish Division 1 side Partick Thistle, it could well be an SPL fixture next season as Partick Thistle sit in 4th place.

Im happy with the draw, we should get through to the next round, I want to defend the cup.
Said Daniel on the draw.

The 2 teams have met twice before in the final of the competition. The last time being 1930, with Rangers coming out on top.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

eveningtimes.jpg

WEIR RALLIES THE TROOPS
david-weir.jpg

The ever present captain has already made 18 appearances this season

David Weir has spoken out after Celtic have crept up behind Rangers in the title race. Rangers were looking comfortable 12 points clear but following 2 draws and a defeat plus Celtics game in hand, the title race is well and truly back on with only 5 points seperating the Old Firm rivals.

To be honest we were over confident when we were 12 points clear. We werent even thinking about other teams at all. Now we know we cant really afford to lose another game or else it could get quite nervous. It's all about playing tidy football again and just doing what we know.
There's a mix of youth and experience in this squad but we all have goals in us. Even the lads in defence, and that's what we have going for us.
David Weir on the squad.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

FALKIRK GRAB DESERVED POINT
108236-macdonald-joins-bairns-410x230.jpg

MacDonald was a threat throughout for Falkirk

Rangers travelled to a very rainy Falkirk today in a bid to get there Title chase back to normality with a win. Rangers had lost 2 there last 2 in all competitions whilst Falkirk have no win in 4 games in the SPL but sit in a comfortable 7th place.

Suprisingly it was Falkirk who started the better team but Rangers almost took the lead when a Naismith effort came crashing off the crossbar.
That seemed to inspire Rangers as they took the lead in the 31st minute as a Steven Davis through ball was met nicely with the right boot of Steven Naismith to tuck it home.

Captain David Weir came off at half time as it seemed he was losing out to MacDonald of Falkirk everytime as his pace was just too much for the veteran defender. In his place was a young promising Danny Wilson.
Falkirk were on top throughout the second half and their patience showed as on the 84th minute a cross by Mitchell was headed in by Finnbogason to level the scoreline.
Falkirk nearly took a deserved victory when MacDonald found himself clear of the Rangers defence but Allan McGregor pulled off an outstanding save.
Falkirk 1-1 Rangers

That wasnt good to watch at all. Falkirk throughballs were catching us out all game. I am very angry and I have let the lads know. They need to improve if we're to win the league.
Daniel on the Falkirk result.

Last edited:
Unlucky mate a defeat then a draw, i think you can pull it out the bag soon and win the next match.

skysportsbanner.jpg

RANGERS YOUNGSTERS
IMPRESS DESPITE
LOSS

fleck.jpg

John Fleck: Promising Rangers Youngster
Rangers made the long journey to Moscow to play CSKA tonight in a game which Daniel was expected to rest big players and give some of the fringe players a go.
David Weir was expected to be rested and Danny Wilson was to start.
John Fleck was also to partner Nacho Novo upfront as Andrew Shinnie, who is a transfer target for a host of Championship sides, partnered Edu in the middle.
Nei Alexander was to play his 2nd game of the season in goal aswell, replacing first choice Allan McGregor.
This ment that want away defender Madjid Bougherra was to be captain.

It's going to be tough for the lads playing in Moscow, it's not an easy place to go for some of the best players in the world with the most experience but it'll be an experience and give them something not many seventeen or eighteen year old players can do.
That is what Daniel had to say.

CSKA Moscow took the lead on the 39th minute as Mark Gonzalez played a ball through to Guilherme who caught Danny Wilson flat footed and was already a yard ahead of the defender when Wilson reacted. Guilherme calmly put it to Alexanders right.
Just after that 2 Rangers youngsters linked up well as Fleck laid the ball off to Shinnie who's wonderful effort from outside the box came off the Crossbar which Nacho Novo tried to meet, but CSKA Moscow cleared.
Half time and it was CSKA Moscow 1-0 Rangers.

Kyle Lafferty replaced a tired Steven Davis at half time on the right of midfield.
There was nothing to note on the second half as it was much of the same, apart from the goal.
CSKA Moscow 1-0 Rangers

I'm proud of the players out there today, despite the result I thought it was quite even throughout and a draw would have probably been the right result to be honest. But the positives to take from it are that 3 youngsters out there today played very, very well against some top players.
Daniel, clearly pleased despite the result.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

SOON TO BE STRIKER
DAMAGES TITLE HOPES

EF6ACF49-BF5F-B5F7-6D82E3425E1A8B88.jpg

Andy Jackson scored a hattrick against soon to be team, Rangers.

Rangers took on St Johnstone today as the aimed to stop the rot after only taking 1 point from a possible 6.
Daniel fielded a stronger side than at CSKA Moscow.
Rangers bound striker Jackson started for St Johnstone who probably didnt want to score against the team he will be joining in 2 weeks time.

St Johnstone gifted Rangers a lead on the 15th minute when defender Kratochvil tried to take the ball around Kyle Lafferty but he was tackled and Lafferty his opportunity.
At the other end David Weir almost did exactly the same but he made up for his mistake as he tackled back.

At half time Shinnie came on for his 2nd successive appearance as he replaced Mendes.
On the 53rd minute Andy Jackson who will be joining Rangers in 2 weeks pulled St Johnstone level as he scored from inside the area.
Jackson then sensationally made it 2-1 to St Johnstone on the 70th minute as the Rangers defenders failed to deal with an easy ball and so Jackson was left to easily put the ball into an empty net.
He then sealed his hattrick as McGregor got the ball stuck between his feet, Jackson tackled the goalkeeper and again put the ball into an empty net.
Daniel was left with his head in his hands.
Rangers 1-3 St Johnstone

I dont know whether to laugh or to cry to be honest! Our soon to be striker scores a hattrick against us. Nothing I can say really, poor performance. We need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down.

It's a shame about the unimaginative title because it means some people won't read this story. But the layout and content is very impressive and well worth the effort. I hope your form picks up soon!

scottishsun.jpg

GERS FANS: DROP WEIR
article-0-0107D4E400000578-227_468x326.jpg

David Weir is coming under critism recently

Fans of Rangers were calling for Daniel to drop captain David Weir following Saturdays terrible loss at St Johnstone in which soon to be Rangers striker Andy Jackson scored a hattrick against his team mates to be.
It seems David Weir is being made out to be the scapegoat due to his lack of pace and could of gifted them an equaliser in the first half when he was caught in posession of the ball.

This is what a Rangers fan had to say:
David Weir was terrible, awful. He has no pace, dont get me wrong.. He's done well at the club but I think his age is really starting to catch up with him. He isnt young anymore. He's nearly 40 years old and he is playing at a high level week in, week out.

Fans are now asking Daniel to sensationally drop him and have trust in Danny Wilson for the next match against Motherwell.

David Weir declined to comment on his performance and on the fans calling for him to be dropped.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

It's a shame about the unimaginative title because it means some people won't read this story. But the layout and content is very impressive and well worth the effort. I hope your form picks up soon!
Thanks! I hope my January signings will help us pick up form! ;)

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

article-1062613-02CF2BF200000578-569_306x332.jpg

RANGERS GET
DINAMO BUCHAREST
Rangers will face a tricky tie against Dinamo Bucharest in the first round of knock out games in the Europa League following their exit from the Champions League.
The first leg will be away in Romania on 17th February.
Some other notable ties are:
Aston Villa vs Galatasaray
FC Twente vs Arsenal
Celtic vs Atletico Madrid
Besiktas vs Everton
Genk vs Barcelona

Following this, the 2nd round was made and Rangers will play either sc Herenveen or Zenit st Petersburg if they get past Dinamo Bucharest.

Last edited: