This story has inspired me :) , the best rangers one i've saw on here , gonna start a new rangers save myself :D

This story has inspired me :) , the best rangers one i've saw on here , gonna start a new rangers save myself :D

The story has inspired me aswell going to finish off my Napoli season then start a new Rangers one

But i think my Rangers story was the best (6)

rangers.jpg

WHITTINGHAM JOINS
RANGERS
_47316127_whitts_pen_huw.jpg

Whittingham will be hoping to do as well for Rangers as he did for Cardiff
We can confirm the signing of Peter Whittingham from Cardiff for £1.5 million on a 3 year deal.

I'm glad to have Peter [Whittingham] here he can play right, left or centre and he really is a great Championship player who can offer us a lot. I am sure the fans will love him.
Daniel on the signing.

Its an honour to be here and a new chapter of not only my career, but my life. It's a great experience and will be a new challenge, but one that I am looking forward too.
Peter Whittingham.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Hows whittaker getting on, in my game he's a superstar and impossible to sign!

Im only in my first season but Whittaker is amazing :D Plays almost every game, he's been injured a few times though..

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Thanks! Makes all the effort worthwhile haha! :D

Im doing a Celtic story altough im a Dunfermline fan and im really enjoying this.. Hopes mine gets to this standered :)

_212737_sun_logo300.jpg

FLECK: I WOULD
CONSIDER VILLA
John_Fleck_2.jpg

HANDS OFF!

Rangers have been rocked tonight with the news that promising young Rangers player John Fleck would consider moving to Aston Villa if Aston Villa put a bid in for him.
O'Neill is reportedly very interested on the Rangers youngster and may make a move with only 1 week of the transfer window remaining.

I've already publicly said hands off to Martin. I respect that we all want to improve our squad and Fleck is a fantastic player and certainly one for the future. I dont like the way that they have gone about it though, knowing how strong the Premier League is and how tempting it is, especially for younger players like John [Fleck] to me, going public like that is as bad as tapping the player up without our agreement.
I am from the Midlands, I know they are a big club but I dont want to let Fleck go and it'll take more than a £2 million bid that's for sure. The English clubs think they can come here and get my best players on the cheap, well.. That isnt happening and he isnt for sale, at any price.
We had this problem with Bougherra at the end of the last transfer window and I dont want it to be all happening again.
Daniel clearly had alot to say on the Fleck-Villa transfer rumour.

Don't sell Fleck he can turn into an asbolute star other than that this is a great story and by the looks of things its great to see you lead the queens 11 to top of the table as usual

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS ONLY DRAW
Kris-Boyd-wins-penalty-Rangers-v-Falkirk-2009_1795149.jpg

Kris Boyd being brought down by Falkirk defender

Rangers took on Falkirk today at Ibrox stadium as they looked to stay top of the table, knowing a defeat could see them go 2nd.
The last 2 meetings Rangers have won 1 whilst the most recent was a draw.
Whittingham was making his debut for the Gers in replace of Naismith.

Falkirk took a shock lead in the 7th minute as very poor defending by Rangers cost them as a Flynn cross failed to be cleared as the ball managed to bounce in the box 4 times and Finnigan eventually put the ball home at McGregors near post.
Kris Boyd then equalised for Rangers with a good goal struck from just inside the Falkirk box.
Daniel took Lafferty off at halftime and replaced him with Andy Jackson.
Nothing to note in the second half as the score finished..
Rangers 1-1 Falkirk

Abit disappointing, the way we let the goal in was shocking.. terrible. We didnt deal with a simple cross and in the end it's cost us 2 points and who knows, it could cost us the title and those sloppy mistakes in the box to the lead up to that goal will have to realise that.

dont know if do still do my Man City Save or start one with the Billy Boys ??

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS WIN..
JUST ABOUT
Kris_Commons_1293625c.jpg

Kris Commons impressed today

Rangers took on St Mirren at St Mirren Park tonight.
St Mirren are 7 games beaten but have drawn 4 of those 7 games.
Rangers meanwhile, have been in bad form picking up just 1 win in there last 4 games.
Only one change to the side that drew to Falkirk and that was Kyle Lafferty out and Steven Naismith in.

Rangers took an early lead in the 2nd minute when a Kris Commons cross picked out Kris Boyd who headed to the keepers near post, catching him out.
Steven Naismith thought he had made it 2-0 to Rangers but he was offside inside the box.
Kris Commons got his second assist of the game though as Kris Boyd got his second goal in the 26th minute as it was an almost identical to the first.
Jamie O'Hara scored his first goal for Rangers in the 39th minute as his superb freekick from around 25 yards out ended up in the top right hand corner of the goal.

St Mirren got a goal back on the 70th minute when van Zanten met a superb Robb cross who managed to take 3 touches inside the box before sliding it past Allan McGregor in the Rangers goal.
St Mirren got themsleves back into it just one minute later when a van Zanten cross picked out Ross who rose above Ian Murray to head into the Rangers goal.
St Mirren offered nothing after those 2 goals however and Rangers held on.
Rangers 3-2 St Mirren

Our first half display in particular was good, scored 3 good goals. I thought Kris Commons in particular was great today.
We didnt play that bad in the second half but we had a nervous 10 minutes from the 70th minute. We did it against Partick Thistle, we go 3 up and suddenly get nervous when they get on top of us. But, we've held on.
Daniel on the win.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

nextt update?
Sorry, was listening to the Walsall game :D

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

scottish-cup.jpg

FLECK GETS LATE WINNER
cel-2009-fleck1.jpg

Fleck celebrates after scoring late winner

Rangers were huge favourites for todays Scottish Cup round 5 match at Ibrox against Scottish Division 1 side Inverness who have England legend Terry Butcher in charge.
One change saw Andy Jackson start ahead of Steven Naismith.

Rangers took the lead on the 11th minute when a pinpoint accurate Kevin Thomson pass from midfield played Kris Boyd through on goal who easily put the ball past Inverness goalkeeper Esson.
It was 1-0 at half time and Daniel looked to make changes to keep players fit for the game against Motherwell in 3 days times.
Kris Boyd came off for John Fleck, Peter Whittingham came off for Steven Davis and Steven Naismith replaced Kris Commons.

40 seconds after the break Jamie O'Hara doubled Rangers lead with an identical freekick to the one in the last match against St Mirren.
Stefanovic put Inverness back in it with a freekick, almost in the same place to Jamie O'hara's.
Inverness came from 2-0 down to equalise when Rooney took the ball past Papac to get the shock equaliser.
John Fleck took a shot from outside the box for Rangers which put them back ahead on the 90th minute with a driven shot across the floor.
Rangers 3-2 Inverness

Again, we've looked comfortable with a 2 goal margin and then we've got nervous. One day it's going to cost us and we really need to stop getting so nervous when we go 2 goals or 3 goals up. I hope to have Bougherra back for the next game though now the African Cup is over and he'll provide a big boost.

Last edited:
scottishsun.jpg

JACKSON: I WONT BE A FLOP
reduced07jackson.jpg

Jackson critised already
Ex-St Johnston striker Andy Jackson may have only played 7 games for Rangers since his £1.5 million signing but people are already questioning whether he will be a flop after being unable to score once again for Rangers against Inverness, despite having plenty of opportunities.
Jackson has played in 4 league games and 3 cup games but has only found the net once, on his debut.

I am confident in myself and I will score more goals, obviously I am not happy with my performances but the gaffer has trust in me and I know, given more first team opportunities I will repay Rangers for signing me.
I wasnt happy with my performance against Inverness and I did have chances to score but it happens in football sometimes. Sometimes you can have 10 chances and not score but other games you can have 1 chance and score.
Andy Jackson on his recent performances.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Is fleck getting on?

In my game he plays for Man C!!
Hes doing well. That was his first goal this season but to be fair most of his apps have been subs, the games hes started have mostly been on the wing or in centre mid.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:51 PM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS DISAPPOINT
Rangers took on Motherwell tonight at Motherwell in a positive mood after notching up 2 wins in a row for the first time in 8 games.
Motherwell however are relieved after getting there first win in 5 games.
Lee McCulloch is one of two changes, coming in for Kevin Thomson.
The other, the huge boost that Madjid Bougherra comes straight into the side after the African Cup of Nations, replacing Ian Murray.

Kris Boyd had a chance to put Rangers 1-0 up as a poor pass from Motherwell midfielder Lesley was intercepted by Boyd to leave him one on one but Frazer in the Motherwell goal saved, Peter Whittingham should of scored the rebound though, a miss which left Rangers boss Daniel with his head in his hands.
Kris Boyd did put Rangers 1-0 up though on the 20th minute when Lee McCulloch played a great ball through to Boyd, which he put to the keepers far post.
Forbes thought he had equalised for Motherwell when McGregor spilled a ball straight to his feet, but his goal was ruled offside on the 31st minute.

Motherwell equalised in the 57th minute when a Forbes freekick was floated into the box, which Craigan headed home. A header which Allan McGregor will be disappointed he didnt do better with.
It was a 50/50 second half but Rangers will be disappointed with the draw.
Motherwell 1-1 Rangers

Some people are not happy that you played Andy Jackson for most of the game again today..
Well, he had plenty of chances the last game to score and I thought that giving him atleast half the game to show what he can do would be good, unfortunately he didnt silence the critics.
Do you regret buying him?
No, hes a youngster and he is one for the future.
What do you make of Allan McGregors performance tonight?
He didnt have a great game, his starting position wasnt right for the Motherwell goal and that's how they've come away with a point. But listen, he's been one of our best performers this season.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

scottishsun.jpg

'WEIR' ARE YOU?
DavidWeir_549781.jpg

David Weir: Cant get into the Rangers side
Reports are surfacing today that Rangers boss Daniel has told captain, and good friend David Weir will be leaving Rangers at the end of the season.
This comes as David Weir hasnt been seen by the Rangers faithful in the first team since before christmas.
He has been kept out of the side by Danny Wilson and Ian Murray but with the return of Madjid Bougherra, David Weir will now be pushed further down the pecking order and may not even find himself a place on the bench.
He has been critised for performances and has admitted himself that he isnt as fit as he once was.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS SILENCE THE CRITICS
Rangers-v-Hibs-Kyle-Lafferty_1658307.jpg

Lafferty was in great form, assisting twice and was a threat throughout.
Rangers took on Hibs today to continue their busy run of games. Rangers come into this game off the back of 3 uninspiring wins whilst Hibs have only won 2 of there last 13 games in all competitions.
The only change was Andy Jackson making his way for Kyle Lafferty.

Rangers were totally in control from the first whistle and Kris Boyd put Rangers ahead on the 21st minute with a superb unstoppable driven freekick from 30 yards out, as he bent it around the wall to the keepers left.
Lee McCulloch made it 2-0 on the 28th minute when he picked up a Kyle Lafferty pass in the middle of the Hibs box and picked out his spot to the right perfectly.
Kris Boyd made it 3-0 on the 39th minute as a Kyle Lafferty pass put him straight through on goal and he blasted the ball to the right, no keeper would of saved it.
Daniel will have been delighted with the first half display.
At half time O'Hara came off for Steven Davis and Naismith came on for Whittingham.

The second half was much of the same but Rangers couldnt turn posession into goals.
Rangers 3-0 Hibs

Good performance today for Rangers then.
Yep, great performance. I was so pleased with that result, just what we needed.
Kris Boyd has been in great form, what do you put that down too?
Well he's a great player.. He's world class in my opinion. I put it down to hard work and the fact there is alot of competition at this club. Nobody can be lazy.
Is David Weir to leave Rangers? He hasnt been in the first team of late.
Defenders are playing well at the moment and so he'll have to just wait until changes have to be made for now.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS LOSE BUT
GET CRUCIAL AWAY
GOAL
Allan+McGregor.jpeg

McGregor didnt impress today
Rangers travelled to Bucharest to play Dinamo tonight in the Europa League first knockout round match.
As expected Daniel named an unchanged side to the team that started against Hibs in their dominant 3-0 win.

Kyle Lafferty through he had gave Rangers the lead on the 12th minute but his goal was offside, it was tight, but the officials just got the decision right.
Torje put Dinamo Bucharest ahead on the 22nd minute as McGregor came to collected a cross but missed the ball, leaving Torje to head the ball into an empty net.
Dinamo went 2-0 up as a Gonzalez shot came off Wilson straight through to Kuki who scored easily as McGregor had gone to save the initial shot by Gonzalez.
Despite having more of the play, Rangers went in at the break 2-0 down.
Daniel showed his ruthless touch by taking goalkeeper Allan McGregor off, replacing him with Alexander.

Kris Boyd put Rangers back in the game, and getting the all important away goal by latching onto a perfect Lee McCulloch throughball, he then blasted the ball to the goalkeepers left on the edge of the box.
Dinamo made it 3-1 when a powerful Cristea effort found the back of the net, despite Alexander getting a touch to it, with 10 minutes to go.
Dinamo Bucharest 3-1 Rangers

So, you've lost 3-1.. Can you still go through?
Yes, if we win 2-0 at home we will go through. I believe we can do that.. We were the better side today and deserved the win.

You took McGregor off at half time why was this?
He didnt play very well in the first half and the subs are there to be used.

Was it not a waste of a sub?
If you were with a reporter and he was asking all the questions, but they were stupid questions and you were made to sit and watch him ask them, you'd want a go at asking better questions wouldnt you? Well its exactly the same with Alexander. He deserved the opportunity.

Last edited:
sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS RUN CONTINUES
kris-boyd-957038649.jpg

Kris Boyd scored again

Rangers took on St Johnstone today on the back of a Europa League defeat.
Neil Alexander replaced Allan McGregor in goal and Steven Davis replaced Peter Whittingham.
Steven Naismith was also on in place of Kris Commons.

Rangers finally took the lead on the 37th minute when Lafferty played a ball through to Kris Boyd which the in-form striker was always going to score.
Kris Boyd came off at half time to be replaced by Andy Jackson.
Rangers held onto the ball well for the game without creating many chances.
The only worry, Lee McCulloch came off injured in the 92nd minute.
St Johnstone 0-1 Rangers

skysportsbanner.jpg

LATE GOAL BREAKS
RANGERS HEARTS

KevinThomsonLynneCameronEMPICSRangersFC460276.jpg

Picture tells its own story...

Rangers take on Dinamo Bucharest at Ibrox tonight knowing that a 2-0 win would see them through.
Lee McCulloch is out through injury so Kevin Thomson makes his first appearance since his injury 2 months ago.
Kris Commons replaces Steven Naismith.

The scoreline at half time was 0-0 with not much to talk about. Rangers had the better of the half with most chances coming at the end of the half, but coming to nothing.

It got to the 60th minute when Daniel decided to go attacking with a 4-3-3 formation.
Kevin Thomson came off and was replaced with Steven Naismith in a bid to keep their Europa League dreams alive.
Steven Naismith put Rangers back into the game by volleying in a Steven Davis cross. The stadium errupted with delight knowing they were firmly back in the game, giving them 20 minutes to find a winner.
Steven Naismith netted Rangers 2nd after a Kris Boyd throughball put him through one on one on the 73rd minute. Daniel began to celebrate as if they had already won by doing a Mourinho style run down the touchline.
It was a game of hoofball for Rangers as for the first time in the game Dinamo began to press in the last 10 minutes.
Dinamo striker Gheorghe found himself in space and one on one with Neil Alexander but his poor 2nd touch let Wilson come back and clear.
The resulting throw in saw Dinamo score the all important away goal as Gheorghe headed home as Alexander came to collect the cross on the 85th minute.
Daniel told his whole side to attack for the last 3 minutes of the game but the efforts were in vain as the whistle blew to break Rangers hearts.
Rangers 2 (3)-(4) 1 Dinamo Bucharest

I am absolutely gutted, gutted for the lads who put in a tremendous amount of effort. I've got 18 lads in the changing room who are rock bottom after that. We came close and that's the annoying thing. I cant fault the effort but what's happened has happened. We'll go and win the SPL for the fans.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

skysportsbanner.jpg

THOMSON PREM BOUND
image-1-for-next-season-s-spl-kits-gallery-639717515.jpg

Kevin Thomson is expected to sign for a new club in the next few days

Rangers are understood to have accepted 5 bids from unnamed Premiership clubs for midfielder Kevin Thomson, the bids are between £4.25million and £5.5million.
If Kevin Thomson decides to sign for one of the 5 Premiership clubs then he will move at the end of the current season.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

eveningtimes.jpg

DANIEL: TONIGHTS WINNER
WILL WIN LEAGUE

rangers_vs_celtic.jpg

Old Firm games often boil over..

We all know Daniel speaks his mind, and he has started the fight against Celtic claiming that tonights winner between Celtic and Rangers will win the league.
Celtic are currently 2 points clear, but do have a goal difference of an extra 6 goals.

I love playing Celtic, they always roll over for us. I just hope we've learnt from the mistakes of the last 2 European games as 2 goalkeeper errors have basically put us out of Europe.
I think whoever wins tonights game will win the league, I really do believe that.

I'm counting on you beating Celtic mate ;), you can't allow them to win the league.......great story though, very well written