I will follow good challenge Rangers
excellent performance
Good Luck

skysportsbanner.jpg

RANGERS BEAT CELTIC
WITH LATE GOAL
0,,5~6855321,00.jpg

Wilson impressed in defence and grabbed himself a goal

Rangers took on Celtic at Ibrox today for the 4th time this season, Rangers looking for there 3rd win against Celtic this season.
Daniel unusually went for a 4-3-3 formation to start against Celtic, with Steven Naismith partnering Lafferty and Boyd up front, with O'Hara in the centre of midfield.
Neil Alexander kept his spot in goal.

Rangers had more of the posession in the first half and they finally made it count in the 36th minute when a Kris Commons corner was headed in at the near post by young defender Danny Wilson.
Daniel will have been very happy with the first half display.

Kris Boyd made it 2-0 on the 46th minute when Steven Naismiths cheeky chipped pass picked him out, he ran clear of the defence and stuck it to the keepers far post.
Celtic gave themselves a fighting chance on the 80th minute when Samaras headed in a Robson cross to Alexanders near post.
They scored an equaliser when Rangers failed to clear an easy cross on the 84th minute allowed O'Dea to score.
Steven Naismith scored a dramatic winner for Rangers with 5 seconds left when a simple Wilson freekick was making its way towards goalkeeper Boruc, but McManus got in the way of the ball, as it deflected it made its way around Boruc and Naismith was first to react and had an open goal, Ibrox stadium errupted in cheers.
Rangers 3-2 Celtic

Well done!!
How many games to go?
In my game wilson retired.
I've been able to get my internet connected to the laptop for the time being so I will post the League table in a sec.
Wilson is amazing :D First choice defender now.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

rangers.jpg

February Round Up
A very good month in terms of results in the SPL. I won manager of the month and we've gone back on top of the SPL with a great win against Celtic. It was a great game.
It was a very busy month as we played 8 games, 5 in the SPL. 1 in the Scottish Cup and 2 in the Europa League vs Dinamo.
Here is how the league looks so far:

FM-Feb.jpg

As you can see we are only 1 point clear but I cant see us losing another game if we stay in the form we're in.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS WIN IN STYLE
article-1025728-029C8C06000004B0-306_468x532.jpg

Naismith grabbed a brace tonight.

Rangers welcomed to St Mirren to Ibrox tonight after a superb victory against title challengers, and greatest rivals Celtic at Ibrox just 3 days ago.
Daniel decided to stick to his new found 4-3-3 formation for this game, as it worked against both Celtic and Dinamo Bucharest.
Alexander also kept his spot again in goal. Whittingham came in to replace Kris Commons on the left.

Kris Boyd put Rangers 1-0 up on the 17th minute when Kyle Lafferty played Kris Boyd through, not for the first time this season. Kris Boyd then sent a powerful shot to the keepers far post, hitting the back of the net.
Daniel will have been pleased with a tidy first half display.

Daniel went back to a 4-4-2 for the 2nd half with O'Hara and Lafferty coming off for Kevin Thomson and John Fleck.
Steven Whittaker doubled Rangers lead with a superb 25 yard strike by the right back.
Steven Naismith made it 3-0 when Kris Boyd fed a ball through to the striker who brought the ball forward and chipped the ball over the St Mirren goalkeeper on the 55th minute.

It was 4-0 on the 61st minute when Kris Boyds effort was saved only parried by Gallacher in the St Mirren goal and Steven Naismith was there to pounce on the rebound and score.
St Mirren got one back on the 69th minute when a Barron corner was met with a superb header by Potter to put the ball in the top corner, but nothing else was to note in the game.
Rangers 4-1 St Mirren

A very pleasing result, we're starting to look more like the team at the start of the season when we looked tidy and were on great form. I just hope we can keep this up now for the rest of the season.

scottish-cup.jpg

RANGERS IN THE SEMI'S
Rangers-v-Motherwell-Steven-Davis-3_1216372.jpg

Davis had a great game against Motherwell

Rangers were gripped by Cup fever today as Rangers took on Motherwell at Ibrox knowing they were strong favourites to win the cup as Celtic had crashed out losing 4-1 at Dundee United.
Daniel started again with the 4-3-3 formation which has seen his side win the last 3 games with good performances. It was also an unchanged side.

Rangers took an early lead on the 10th minute when a Davis pass picked out in-form Steven Naismith who easily slotted the ball into the back of the net.
That was one of the only chances of the first half in a game mainly played in the middle of the park.
Daniel kept th 4-3-3 after the break but brought on Fleck in place of Kyle Lafferty. He also brought Commons on for Whittingham.

They made it 2-0 when Steven Davis met a good John Fleck cross which he put into the back of the net easily on the 50th minute.
8 Minutes later it was 3-0 when John Flecks shot was parried out by Motherwell goalkeeper Fraser, the ball fell for Kris Boyd who hit it first time into the empty goal.
On the 64th minute Reynolds got a goal back for Motherwell as his shot inside the box squeezed between Neil Alexander and the post.
Rangers held on however and they now progress to the semi final.
Rangers 3-1 Motherwell

Yeah, another good performance. I think we played really good up until they scored and then, as we seem to always do.. We get abit nervous and almost give them a way back into the game completely but look I am happy we're in the semi finals. I want to win this cup and if we dont, it'll be a disappointment. I think we can though if we keep up these performances.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:18 PM ----------[/COLOR]

sportfootballbbc.jpg

LATE LOSS ADDS TO BAD PERFORMANCE
SPLKILLYKEVINKYLE_51_62733a.jpg

The delight on Kevin Kyles face clear to see

Rangers travel to Kilmarnock today with the aim of going 6 points clear at a very important stage of the season, with Celtic losing 2-1 to St Johnstone its a chance for Rangers to have one hand on the trophy.
The only change saw Whittingham start on the bench as Kris Commons took his place on the left wing.
Daniel again was going for a 4-3-3 formation which seemed to be working in recent weeks.

Kyle gave Kilmarnock the lead on the 38th minute when Neil Alexander tried to control the ball but he was robbed of it, leaving Kyle the easy job of putting the ball into the empty goal. Daniel clearly wasnt happy, and the anger on his face was clear to see.
The halftime whistle went with Rangers finally starting to get in the game, but the Rangers boss was not happy with the first half display.
Substitute Lee McCulloch played Kris Boyd through who took the ball past one defender and blasted the ball into the net, making it 1-1 on the 70th minute despite a poor performance they were back on level terms.
Kilmarnock however went 2-1 up on the 85th minute when young defender Wilson missed his interception to leave Kyle one on one with Alexander who was never going to stop a good effort by Kyle just a few yards out.
It finished 2-1.
Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

sportfootballbbc.jpg

LAFFERTY LIFTS RANGERS
512661309-18042010130055.jpg

Kyle Lafferty scores against Hearts

Rangers take on Hearts in Edinburgh today and hope to go 2 points clear at the top, with a game in hand, with only 3 games left.
Daniel went back to 4-4-2 today with Lee McCulloch coming in and Naismith making his way to the bench.
After Wilsons not so good performance against Kilmarnock he makes his way to the bench as Ian Murray takes his place.
However, Neil Alexander keeps his place in goal despite his mistake.

Rangers took the lead on the 14th minute when Kyle Lafferty played a great ball from the left to the right to Steven Davis. Davis then played the ball back through from the right, between the 2 central defenders for Kyle Lafferty to score an easy goal.
Madjid Bougherra fouled in the box on the 17th minute though to give Hearts a way back into the game. Skela stepped up for Hearts and put it to the keepers right to score the equaliser.
Kris Boyd restored the lead for Rangers though on the 27th minute as Kyle Laffertys cross chipped over the Hearts keeper to leave Boyd to head into the open goal.
Rangers went into the break having put in a much better performance than the one against Kilmarnock 7 days ago.

On the 51th minute Rangers won a freekick on the very edge of the box which could of quite easily been given as a penalty it was that close. But it didnt matter as Kris Commons fired the ball into the top right corner to score his first ever Rangers goal, and as the commentator said, no keeper in the world would have saved it.
It was 4-1 on the 46th minute when Lee McCullochs header sent Kyle Lafferty through on goal and he lightly sent it to the keepers low left.
Obua made it 4-2 with an outrageous attempt from 40 yards out which chipped Alexander in the Rangers goal to send the crowd into shock.
Route 1 football completed Kyle Laffertys hattrick as a goalkick from Alexander fell straight at the forwards feet who turned one Hearts defender and put the ball low to the left to make it 5-2.
Hearts 2-5 Rangers

Kyle Lafferty ran up to you after scoring his hattrick, why was this?
Kyle and the rest of the squad have a fantastic togetherness with me and the other coaching staff here. He knows I have stuck by him in a tough time for him, he hadnt scored for awhile.. But I know what he was capable of and I have stuck by him and his 3 goals have made the difference between us picking up 3 points instead of 1.

This win puts you top now by 2 points with only 3 games left, but with a game in hand. How important is a win now in your next game?
It could be the deciding game. If we win, I am sure we'll win the SPL. If we lose, then we've let Celtic make in the race.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------[/COLOR]

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS RUN RIOT
kyle_lafferty_1405670c.jpg

Lafferty gets a 2nd hattrick in 2 games

Rangers take on Aberdeen at Ibrox tonight in a very important fixture as Rangers could all but secure the SPL title by going 5 points clear with 2 games to play.
Daniel names an unchanged side with a 4-4-2 formation against rivals Aberdeen who sit in 3rd place. It's by no means an easy fixture.

Kyle Lafferty scored his 4th goal in 2 games when he headed in a Whittaker cross on the 21st minute. The Aberdeen goalkeeper Langfield will not be happy with letting the goal in, a header which was aimed straight at him.
Kyle Lafferty grabbed his 5th goal in 2 games when he made a dazzling run from the midfield skipping past a number of Aberdeen challenges, sending the ball into the Aberdeen goal on the 56th minute.
Lafferty netted his hattrick when he met a Steven Davis low driven cross to send the ball into the left side of the goal on the 68th minute.
It was the last game of the goal in a stunning display for Rangers in which Daniel put his finger to his lips to 'shush' the Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee.
Rangers 3-0 Aberdeen

You silenced the Aberdeen manager today when you put your finger to your lips, what was that for?
Well, he's got too much to say. Everytime we've played them this season hes had to say something. Clearly he doesnt like us and it frustrates him that he cant beat us and cant compete with us. Maybe if he shut up and signed some better players and focused on his tactics instead of sitting there watching his team get played off the park, I might listen to what he has to say!

Happy with todays performance?
Excellent performance, just coming into great form at the right time too. Lafferty got another hattrick, he was excellent.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------[/COLOR]

March Round Up
Managers Blog

A month of 5 games which Rangers won all but 1 of. We comfortably beat the teams aswell which is always good. It's something we've worked to change and we have done it.
Kyle Lafferty has been in superb form in the latter parts of the month with 2 hattricks in 2 games. I havent dropped him despite him going 13 hours without a goal because he has contributed with quite a few assists. Alexander has done well in goal despite a few mistakes. The main thing at this stage of the season is that we pick up the points regardless of the performance.

Here is the table:
FM-March.jpg

Last edited:
You've still 7 games to go not 2 :D The league splits in tow after 33 games and you will the play each top 6 side once to complete 38 games, but still you're looking good for the title which is good to see

sportfootballbbc.jpg

HAMILTON HOLD OUT
Rangers take on Hamilton today at Ibrox. Both teams needing to get points. Hamilton are struggling at the bottom and look like going down whilst Rangers want to push further ahead.
Hamiltons top goalscorer has only 2 goals, to prove what there problems are.
However the last time these 2 sides did play each other in January, Hamilton came away with all 3 points.
Daniel named another unchanged side, after he was very pleased with the performance against Aberdeen.

Nothing to note in the first half with Rangers having all of the posession. Hamilton not even managing a shot in the first half. But no goals..
Whittingham replaced Commons for the 2nd half with out of form Andy Jackson coming on for Kris Boyd.
Nothing much happened in the 2nd half either with both sides not wanting to lose.
Steven Davis hit the post with a freekick for Rangers but that was the closest either side came to taking the lead.
Rangers 0-0 Hamilton

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------[/COLOR]

You've still 7 games to go not 2 :D The league splits in tow after 33 games and you will the play each top 6 side once to complete 38 games, but still you're looking good for the title which is good to see

Lol I know, just remembered and then checked the rules on the game, such a stupid rule :p
Ah well, I am confident! Typical English manager coming to Scotland! ;)
I was unsure if it was in the game, with us having got to April now and the fixture list hasnt changed or anything and an added 5 games could take me into June unless they play 2 a week.

Keep it up, one of the last decent stories on the site!!!

Do u think this is because ppl are losing intrest waitting for 2011?

I loved this story and would of loved to carry it on but the save file is corrupt and I didnt save a backup.
I've just downloaded this seasons updates and will start a Walsall one..
PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE THEAD :(
Thanks for following.

unlucky m8 , i am starting a rangers one tonight !!