sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS STOP THE ROT

rangers_1409365c.jpg

Result ment alot of everybody at Rangers

Rangers were home at Motherwell tonight finding themselves only 2 points clear of Celtic now in the top spot and desperately needing a win some time soon.
Motherwell and Rangers were both looking for their first win for awhile after going the last 4 games without a win.

Rangers seemed to be on top of Motherwell right from the beginning and Naismith scored arguably goal of the season so far for Rangers as he took the ball from the left side of the box all the way to the right, twisting and turning past defenders before he brought it inside and put the ball to the 'keepers far post to make it 1-0 on the 10th minute.
Sadly Naismiths game was over by the 20th minute as he had to come off injured, it is not yet known how bad the injury is although Naismith looked in pain.
There was nothing else about the first half as Rangers looked tidy at all times.

The second half was mostly Motherwell, they were testing David Weir and his pace following his recent critisism but he kept tight to Sutton at all times.
However Daniel replaced him with Wilson on the 67th minute which was met by cheers. Thomson also made way for Shinnie.
Rangers got back on top for the last 15 minutes and defender Steven Whittaker attempted a spectacular effort as he flicked the ball up for himself on the far right side and volleyed the ball, but it went high and wide.
Rangers put the game beyond all doubt on the 82nd minute as sub Kenny Miller made a fantastic first touch assist to put Lafferty through who drove a low effort into the back of the net.
Daniel was clearly delighted at full time and cheered as if they had just won the league.
Rangers 2-0 Motherwell

I was starting to forget the feeling of winning! Daniel joked, But yeah it was a great performance. I dont however like it how fans cheered as Weir came off, that was not because of his performance. He had a good game I feel. I dont recall anybody having a moan about his pace when we were 12 unbeaten, do you? Well, do you? Daniel asked the reporter.
The reporters seemed shocked and didnt reply.
Exactly, so I dont appreciate reports in your papers like that, thankyou.

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS HELD TO
A DRAW

Hibernian-v-Rangers-Chris-Hogg-Kenny-Miller-p_1235280.jpg

Miller during the draw against Hibs

Rangers took on Hibs today on Sunday 27th December in a far better mood after last weekends 2-0 win against Motherwell. Hibs, however are 7 games unbeaten as they havent lost since the last time they played Rangers, where they lost 1-0.
Celtic sit a point behind Rangers now, but Celtic have played an extra game so it is Rangers chance to go 4 points clear.
Kenny Miller started ahead of the injured Steven Naismith, and interestingly Weir makes way for youngster Danny Wilson.

The first half was a half of no action apart from one Hibs effort coming off the crossbar in a header which really should of ended up in the back of the net.
Daniel risked the wrath of the fans by bringing on Weir in replace of Wilson at half time. Smith also came on for loanee Rothen.

Whittaker put a cross in towards Kenny Miller as the first real opportunity of the second half came on the 67th minute, but Hibs cleared it off the line.
Whittaker then repeated the cross 3 minutes later but Kenny Millers goal was ruled offside.
That was all that happened in a match of very few chances.
Hibs 0-0 Rangers

We came here to Hibs looking to build on our win last week but sadly Hibs, even at home.. seemed more happy to sit back and defend for the majority of the game which is frustrating but I expect it sometimes.
Daniel on the draw.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS WIN IN
LAST GAME OF '09

article-1203643-05EB0666000005DC-954_468x310.jpg

Bougherra celebrates following his goal

Rangers face a good Dundee United side for the last match of 2009, just before the transfer window opens.
Rangers could fall from 1st place in the league for the first time this season if they fail to beat Dundee United, and Celtic beat Kilmarnock.
Rangers however, face Celtic next.
Daniel made 2 changes for the game, Weir coming back into the starting side replacing Danny Wilson. Whilst Smith replaced Rothen.
The referee for the game.. Is the same ref who gave Rangers 8 yellow cards in one game at the beginning of the season.
He has incredibly given out 100 yellow cards and 6 red cards in 17 games this season.

Sandaza thought he'd put Dundee United ahead on the 24th minute as a pass through fooled Bougherra but it was ruled offside, much to Dundee Uniteds shock.
Bougherra put Rangers ahead just before half time in what could be the Algerians last game for Rangers, with a superb header at the near post from a tight angle.
Daniel made no changes at half time.
Fleck hit the crossbar just before full time when his chipped effort from 30 yards out looked to be going over Banks, Dundee United goalkeeper.
Rangers 1-0 Dundee United

We played well today I thought. Dundee United had most of the posession but were doing nothing with it, I think that was down to our positioning.

We'll have to improve for the Celtic game though.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

skysportsbanner.jpg

JACKSON BECOMES A
RANGERS PLAYER

againstrangers.jpg

Jackson against Rangers earlier this season

Ex-St Johnstone star striker officially became a Rangers player today after waiting 2 whole months for the chance to pull on a Rangers shirt. It is believed Rangers paid £1.3 million for the striker who has an amazing 16 goals in 16 SPL games.

He's had a great season since stepping up to the SPL. He's only 21 and to get 16 goals in 16 games, by anybodys standard is great. I am very happy to finally have him here. We need someone who we can rely on to get into double figures. We have good strikers here and the whole team chips in with a few goals to get us by but having that deadly striker is what we were missing.
Said Daniel on finally getting his man.

Rangers are a huge club and since I first heard they wanted me it was an honour. Obviously it was difficult to leave my hometown club, my favourite club but it would of been silly of me to turn down the opportunity to play at a higher level in the Europa League this season and hopefully the Champions League next season.
Andy Jackson spoke of his delight.

Great Story Mate :D can i see a screenshot of the league ?
Its on my laptop and it wont connect to the internet :( So I am writing this on the computer :D
I'll be typing it out soon though.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

rangers.jpg

TWO MORE SIGN ON
krisian.jpg

New Rangers men hope to impress

Daniel has wasted no time in bringing in some fresh faces as he has already signed up Andy Jackson from over achieving St Johnstone.

He has now signed up central defender 28 year old Ian Murray from Hibs in a £1.5 million deal.
I think we need more competition for the centre defensive spots so Ian Murray was perfect for this, he'll challenge both Weir and Bougherra I have no doubt in that.
He can also play left back and centre midfield too so he offers us something more than just a defender.
That's what Daniel said on the transfer of Ian Murray.

I've been here before when I was 25 but I have improved since then. Things have improved here and Daniel promised that i'd be given as good of a chance as any other player here at getting into the side and I am really looking forward to challenging Bougherra and Weir.
Ian Murray on signing for the Gers.

Daniel also completed the suprise signing of Scottish winger Kris Commons from Derby County for £3 million.
He's a superb player who is very quick. I have admired him for some time now and I am happy to have got him here, he offers us more goals too which is something I think we need, especially from the wingers.

Rangers are a great club. I am so proud to be here wearing the Rangers shirt, it means alot to me and my family to be at this club. I leave behind a fantastic manager in Nigel Clough and a good club in Derby but I now hope I can push this club on and win the title and hopefully with the Europa League as I know it's what the gaffer wants to do.
Said Kris Commons

Commons is a good signing
Ian Murray's recent history
Hibernian to
Rangers to
Hibernian to
Rangers :D

rangers.jpg

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
J-r-me-Rothen-of-Rangers-001.jpg

Jerome Rothen: Going back to PSG

Jerome Rothen's loan has been terminated with immediate effect.
Jerome Rothen has played 17 games this season, 2 of which were sub appearances.
He will return to PSG shortly.

I think now that I have brought Kris [Commons] in, he provides enough competition with Smith for that left midfield spot. I think having 3 really good left midfielders seemed stupid. He's a good player and I am sure he'll do well with PSG.
Is what Daniel had to say.

I am disappointed but I understand Daniels decision. I have really enjoyed my time here and I will never forget this experience and how good the fans are.
I wish the club every success this season, and the coming seasons.
Thankyou.
That is what Jerome Rothen had to say.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

skysportsbanner.jpg

KRIS BOYD GETS LATE
WINNER AGAINST CELTIC

celtickrisboyd.jpg

Kris Boyd scores the winner against Celtic again

Rangers took on Celtic at Celtic Park tonight with Andy Jackson and Kris Commons both making their debut in the Old Firm derby.
Ian Murray missed out after having a knock on his leg in training.
Shaun Maloney missed out due to a fractured cheekbone and in-form striker Marc-Antione Fortune missed out with a damaged elbow.

Celtic went 1-0 up on the 24th minute when a McGeady throughball but Samaras through who finished well, putting it to McGregors far post.
Andrew Shinnie came on to replace Mendes at half time.
David Weir was also replaced by Danny Wilson

Celtic were on top for much of the second half but Rangers equalised when debutant Andy Jackson scored a superb goal from 30 yards out, putting it straight into the top right hand corner.
Kris Boyd then replaced Kyle Lafferty, hoping to get his 2nd Old Firm winner in a row.
Wilson had a great chance with 10 minutes to go as a Steven Davis cross picked him out inside the box, his great first touch took the ball past 2 defenders and left him one on one against Boruc but the 'keeper got down to save well.
Steven Whittaker fed a perfect cross to Kris Boyd on the 82nd minute which Kris Boyd headed home with just 8 minutes to go Rangers had turned it around and were 2-1 up.
Kris Boyd had the chance on the 90th minute to put the game beyond all doubt as Andy Jackson put a throughball to Boyd so he was one on one, but attempted the chip which Boruc pushed over the crossbar.
The whistle blew for fulltime as Rangers were on the attack but they didnt mind.
Celtic 1-2 Rangers

We were great out there and I am really proud of my players. They proved how much they want to play for the Rangers shirt and the passion out there was amazing.
Andy Jackson in particular impressed me on his debut, scored a fantastic goal. He will become a great player, mark my words.
Daniel was clearly very happy with the Rangers comeback.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

scottishsun.jpg

ONE IN? FOUR OUT?
Rangers boss Daniel has said that he is in 'advanced talks' with an unnamed English Premier League player but is also in talks with a number clubs over the sale of four players.

We're talking to a player, we've had a bid accepted and I rate this player very, very highly. He would fit in perfectly and it's someone I have been watching for awhile.
Saying all of this, we do need to get our wage budget down and so I am trying to get rid of a few players who dont really play. We're in talks with a number of clubs who are interested in a few of our players. A few of them have played first team football this season, so it may come as a shock.
Daniel, speaking on his transfer dealings.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

eveningtimes.jpg

KENNY JOINS BOLTON
kennym.jpg

Kenny Miller during 1 of his 10 appearances

Ex-Rangers striker Kenny Miller has joined Bolton on a 2 year deal in a bid to help their relegation dogfight.
Rangers decided the time was right to let Kenny Miller go after he only made 10 appearances and once an offer of £2.5million came in, Daniel accepted it straight away to raise funds to bring in an extra player.

We've let Kenny [Miller] go as I have just brought Andy Jackson in so it ment Miller was probably last on the list of strikers to choose from. I knew he had attracted interest from Fulham and Bolton so I knew we could offload him to them but they did offer well above the asking price. I wish him the best of luck, along with Bolton.
Daniel was delighted to have raised funds.

scottishsun.jpg

MENDES NEXT TO GO
pedro.jpg

Pedro Mendes returns to his home land

Daniel has risked facing the wrath of the fans by allowing Pedro Mendes to return to his home country in a £3.5 million deal to Sporting Lisbon. The news of the move came hours after learning Kenny Miller had gone to Bolton.
Pedro Mendes had played 18 games, starting 16 of them.

Pedro wanted to move back to his home country and who was I to reject that? He is 30 now and I think for him the move was in his best interest. I personally wasnt impressed with his league form.. but I wasnt going to turn down a bid of £3.5 million for him anyway, I think that's great business and I'll have the majority of that to spend if I did need another player.
Daniel speaking as he was making his way to his car after another busy day of transfer activity at Ibrox.

eveningtimes.jpg

article-0-02C8DE3000000578-289_468x348.jpg

Kris Boyd scoring an unstoppable volley against Partick Thistle

Partick Thistle welcomed Rangers to Firhill this afternoon as they took on each other in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.
Rangers, now without Kenny Miller and Pedro Mendes were set to play Fleck in centre midfield following Mendes' move to Sporting Lisbon.
Ian Murray was set to make his debut, in place of David Weir.

Rangers took the lead on the 15th minute as a Steven Davis cross was fumbled by the Partick Thistle goalkeeper Shepherd which was hit by Partick defender Stepanovs who put the ball into his own net.
Kris Boyd thought he'd doubled Rangers lead 10 minutes later but John Flecks throughball was played to Boyd as he was in an offside position.
He did though eventually make it 2-0 with a header from a floating Kris Commons cross on the 37th minute.
Kris Boyd then had another goal disallowed from another John Fleck pass, which Fleck was not at all happy with, replays show Fleck had every reason to be angry with the decision.
At half time Lee McCulloch came off as he looked to be struggling, he was replaced by Kyle Lafferty.
Steven Smith replaced Kris Commons and Broadfoot came on for Whittaker.

Kris Boyd made it 3-0 when he volleyed home a Steven Davis cross on the 72nd minute.
Partick Thistle got one back just a minute later as the Rangers defenders failed in multiple attempts to tackle the forward. Buchanan was left one on one and scored easily.
Partick Thistle scored again on the 76th minute. Buchanan again scoring for Partick Thistle who were suddenly right back in the match.
Kyle Lafferty calmed nerves though with a volley into the top left corner on the 79th minute. The relief was clear to see on Rangers faces.
Kyle Lafferty then scored again as an Andy Jackson header found its way through the Partick defence to allow Lafferty to score easily.
5 goals in the last 10 minutes changed the scoreline, but not the winners.
Partick Thistle 2-5 Rangers

It was a strange game and when they got it back to 3-2 I was a little worried. Credit to Partick Thistle for that, but also credit to our boys for coming back and scoring another 3 goals. I'd of loved to have had our new signing ready for the game but I think he'll be signing tomorrow, he should be ready for our next league game and will probably start.
Daniel after the Partick Thistle game & new signing.

Rangers will now play either Inverness or Dunfermline, both Division One sides.

Great story mate ! Keep up the good work ! and great win against the Bhoys !

sportfootballbbc.jpg

163454-paixao-claims-late-accies-winner-410x230.jpg

Paixao scores the only goal

Rangers went up against bottom placed Hamilton today, but without the signing they were hoping for..
I was hoping to have our new signing available but there are a few complications. I am still confident we'll bring him in though.
Said Daniel.

Madjid Bougherra misses the game due to the African Cup of Nations, and will surely be a big miss for a month, so new signing Ian Murray comes in to partner David Weir.
John Fleck starts in midfield alongside Lee McCulloch.

Hamilton took a shock lead after just 1 minute as a McArthur cross comes off David Weir and Flavio Paixao puts the ball into the back of the net ahead of Allan McGregor who initially came to get the ball before it came off Weir.
Neither Rangers or Hamilton had many more chances in the first half that ended 1-0
Daniel brought Lafferty on to replace Derby day hero Kris Boyd at half time.
John Fleck almost equalised with 5 minutes to go but his effort was inches wide of the post.
But that was the only real chance of the second half as Rangers lost to the bottom side after a very poor performance.
Hamilton 1-0 Rangers

That was terrible. We didnt create chances, we couldnt hold the ball in centre midfield and our defence at times was embarrasing.
I want this transfer for the player we're after done before our next game. If not, i'll have to turn my attentions elsewhere.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

skysportsbanner.jpg

RANGERS SIGN O'HARA

jamie_ohara2_633572603788281250.jpg

Jamie O'Hara at Tottenham

Rangers have sensationally secured the signing of Jamie O'Hara from Tottenham Hotspur in a £1.5 million deal.
Daniel has been a big fan of the player and will be finally glad that the negotiating is over after almost 3 weeks of intense talks.
Jamie O'Hara has been a central figure for Spurs this season playing 15 times, starting every one of those.

I am over the moon to finally have Jamie [O'Hara] here. He's a fantastic player and someone who I really do respect in the game. Every game he shows so much passion and isnt afraid to get stuck in, I love players like that and since I first joined here I have wanted to make him part of my team.
Daniel on securing the services of Jamie O'Hara

This is a great club, it's abit weird for me now coming to the SPL but its a good league and I couldnt turn down the opportunity to play European football every season here at Rangers and winning trophies.
Jamie O'Hara on his new club.

sportfootballbbc.jpg

RANGERS BACK TO WINNING WAYS
_47665730_laffertyjoy466.jpg

Kyle Lafferty opened the scoring against Hearts

Rangers were back on home turf today to play Hearts after last weeks shock defeat to Hamilton.
Jamie O'Hara made his debut tonight in centre midfield, whilst Andy Jackson dropped to the bench to make way for Kyle Lafferty.

Rangers took the lead when Jamie O'Hara played a great ball over to the far left for Kris Commons to play inside to Kyle Lafferty who bent a curling shot to the right, which went off the post and in the goal on the 21st minute.
Rangers made it 2-0 on the 39th minute when Lee McCullochs freekick picked out Steven Naismith making a run behind the Hearts defence who hit the ball first time to the 'keepers far post.
A very impressive first half display by Rangers.
The second half was a case of hold what we have and the final score ended
Rangers 2-0 Hearts

Great performance, much better than the game against Hamilton. O'Hara impressed me on his debut and picked out unimaginable passes, thats why we signed him. He offers us something new in centre midfield, something the opposition hate.
Said Daniel.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

133387-scottish-cup-third-round-draw-410x230.jpg

RANGERS OUT
WHITTINGHAM IN

Rangers took on rivals Celtic tonight in the Scottish League Cup Semi Final at Hampden Park with Rangers having won the last 2 encounters against Celtic this season.
Rangers only made 1 change to the team that beat Hearts 2-0 just 3 days ago. Kris Commons was replaced by Steven Smith.

It was an even first half with neither time able to make posession count as neither side could force their way through the oppositions defence.
Daniel replaced Kris Boyd at half time with Andy Jackson.

Rangers had the 2 best chances of the second half when a Naismith cross was placed right infront of Andy Jackson, but his outstretched leg couldnt reach the ball.
The ball then fell to Papac on the other side who put another cross in which Naismith managed to control, but ran too far with it resulting in Boruc being able to pick the ball from beneath Naismiths feet.
Celtic seemed to be putting throughballs to Fortune who was out running David Weir everytime, so Daniel decided to take Weir off and replace him with Ian Murray.
Neither team would of wanted extra time, but that's what happened.
Celtic 0-0 Rangers

Extra time began with Kyle Lafferty suprisingly coming off for youngster John Fleck.
Nothing much happened in the first half of extra time with both sides not wanting to concede.
Steven Smith got injured on the left wing wing with 7minutes left, and as Daniel had used all of his subs he was down to 10 men.
Rangers 10 men held on and it went to penalties...

RANGERS CELTIC
Papac Scored Flood Scored
Fleck Missed McDonald Scored
Naismith Scored Maloney Scored
McCulloch Missed Brown Scored
2 4

I thought we played well, much better than Celtic but we didnt take our chances and so Celtic ended up winning on penalties.
Hopefully we will have Peter Whittingham here for our next game, we've had a bid accepted and the contract negotiations are running smoothly.

Your signing some nice players mate reading this makes mewant to start a new Rangers save :D