A Story Is Not Just Showing Us Screenshots Of Your Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have copied Mikes layout a little bit(A)

My personal favourite is either "my brother accidentaly deleted the file" or "my computer crashed so I lost my game file"

They are just 12 year olds with no attention spam, what do you expect..

My personal favourite is either "my brother accidentaly deleted the file" or "my computer crashed so I lost my game file"

Thats why mine is backed up on USB stick when I stop playing every night (H) I had a nasty virus in my computer last week which halted my story, so not everyone who writes them sort of excuses are liars. But I see what you mean.

**** I show a lot of screenshots so I hope I don't come under this category :/ But I do write a lot of text that isn't match reports so thats good I suppose.

Yeah Deano dont worry about it it's a load of s**t anyway!

Right, as my 1st story started earlier this week falls into the"99%", or atleast will do if I continue it, as to be honest, its no challenge at all getting Leeds to the top in this game especially with the resources they have available, how would I get the thread deleted?

Look at my story and see how much I write before you start making persumptions based on your viewing of probably not even half of the stories on this forum. Look at the likes of Samillyroy who wirtes massive amounts for nearly every single game. So next time, instead of saying 99% for looking at one or two stories do a bit more research.

Sorry if I sound a bit ignorant its just gets me angry because I know some people like myself who put alot of work into stories only to see posts like this, im sorry its just not on.

Is he attacking you personally ? NO. It does not matter how much detail someone puts into a story or how much they write. I could put alot of work into building a plane but that doesn't mean it will fly.

Also being Mods we need to go through every thread so i think you will find we DO view all stories.

**** I show a lot of screenshots so I hope I don't come under this category :/ But I do write a lot of text that isn't match reports so thats good I suppose.

I would use your story as a good example. You post screen-shots every so often as a summary to how your season is going.

Mine has lots of screenshots i'm sad to say :) but i do put in lots of reports and some interesting stuff i hope :)

Just PM a mod and ask them.

Think of it this way, when you start a story keep to it. Your story looks alot better when you have updated in the thread for a full-season than it is stopping half-way. What I like to do is to make goals for myself, as I used to suffer from getting bored of games really easily aswell. But raising the bar to push myself always drives me on, for example in my story I have a goal of "Train a home grown regen to World Player of the year". This goal I feel will keep my story going for a long time and if I do it god only knows where my story will get to!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Is he attacking you personally ? NO. It does not matter how much detail someone puts into a story or how much they write. I could put alot of work into building a plane but that doesn't mean it will fly.

Also being Mods we need to go through every thread so i think you will find we DO view all stories.

Yeah ok calm down mate, I never said he was attacking me personally. The thread title isnt "shootie's story is not just showing us screenshots of your game!" is it? I am well aware of this. So stop thinking im saying this for myself as im not and you obviously need to read my posts a bit more thoroughly to see this.

But in his post he acts as if there is only one or two storys that are by his standards acceptable. And looking at most of the stories around the site, that is a massive insult to those who put alot of effort into it.

Last edited:
Its Seans site at the end of the day. Dont forget he did not really want a story thread to start with but he bowed down to members. If people dont like the rules Seans sets out then he will probably close the thread altogether.

Shootie tbh there is still no real need to talk to a mod like that.

Just PM a mod and ask them.

Think of it this way, when you start a story keep to it. Your story looks alot better when you have updated in the thread for a full-season than it is stopping half-way. What I like to do is to make goals for myself, as I used to suffer from getting bored of games really easily aswell. But raising the bar to push myself always drives me on, for example in my story I have a goal of "Train a home grown regen to World Player of the year". This goal I feel will keep my story going for a long time and if I do it god only knows where my story will get to!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Yeah ok calm down mate, I never said he was attacking me personally. The thread title isnt "shootie's story is not just showing us screenshots of your game!" is it? I am well aware of this. So stop thinking im saying this for myself as im not and you obviously need to read my posts a bit more thoroughly to see this.

But in his post he acts as if there is only one or two storys that are by his standards acceptable. And looking at most of the stories around the site, that is a massive insult to those who put alot of effort into it.

Going from your original post it seemed to me like you were taking it as a personal attack.My apologies if i have taken your post the wrong way.

I for one agree with Sean. We never see any originality in stories. Sure you can put detail into every game and give us he 90 minute match report but most are in the same style.

There is not much difference between you going Fiorentina and say Me going Sampdoria.

He is just putting his opinion across no harm no foul.

Agree, its what a forum is made for at the end of the day.

Ok I may of put my point across a bit angrily, for that I apologise. Mainly because I found it really harsh on other good members on the site who posted great stories and the effort that went into them and Sean went a bit OTT with saying 99%.

With stories its hard to achieve any originality without being some graphics expert to make newspaper reports or pictures, and im afraid not all of us are blessed with that. I posted my own story because I liked to see other people opinions on it and I was really having alot of fun, and Im not going to quit to try and have a original story like playing in England level 12 or something and not enjoying it.

Maybe you could try what FMD and DI forums used to do and maybe a sub-forum for people who go in-depth and another for a quick update of your game. Just a suggestion so we dont have this problem again.

Last edited:
Well it's a matter of their sense of writing preference I think. But if I must be honest, it is true that most of stories here are more just 'updates'.

I have actually written a plot-focused story, but it was pretty much lack of demand compared to other high-profiled threads. So I thought that I was the one who's wrong in this place.

and then you post this...

:D

I'm hoping to see a story from a mixed of manager and players perspective. I read that kind of story - retelling the story of the conditions when Mou left Chelsea. It was so real and I really enjoyed it. Too bad it was ended because the writer decided to stop writing it.

Agree, its what a forum is made for at the end of the day.

Ok I may of put my point across a bit angrily, for that I apologise. Mainly because I found it really harsh on other good members on the site who posted great stories and the effort that went into them and Sean went a bit OOT with saying 99%.

With stories its hard to achieve any originality without being some graphics expert to make newspaper reports or pictures, and im afraid not all of us are blessed with that. I posted my own story because I liked to see other people opinions on it, I wasnt trying to win any contest or rep. I dont know what your expecting our stories to be...so yeah.

Maybe you could try what SI forums did and maybe a sub-forum for people who go in-depth and another for a quick update of your game. Just a suggestion so we dont have this problem again.

Yeah that is what i was thinking. I do think your focusing too much on Sean's wording rather than the meaning behind it though.

there is just one problem, a missing sence of humor, lack of writing skills and of course, limited proficiency in English, atleast I do have these problems:p

Then don't do a story?

Don't mean to rude but it seems like the best plan in your case. :p

Maybe you could try what FMD and DI forums used to do and maybe a sub-forum for people who go in-depth and another for a quick update of your game. Just a suggestion so we dont have this problem again.

well that sounds good in its way, but then there are of course different opinnions of what is "in-depth".

But I think that its stupid to say that ppl dont put time and effort on their stories, there are good and less good stories. But the other users (readers/followers) should give feedback and tell how to improve the story with some add-ons or so, so that it would be more interesting to read. Then it is up to you want to "improve" it or not...

Just my opinnion

Then don't do a story?

Don't mean to rude but it seems like the best plan in your case. :p

unfortunately I had already started one:S:D

Last edited:
I think the best Stories are the one's like Death Ball's he writes loads and make them interesting i think, but there is one problem with stories like that, not many people want to sit and read all of it, after the creator has spent a lot of time writing it ect ect.

People like to read a bit and look at screenshots, so i think if people update monthly and they maybe write a little bit about each game and then have a few screenshots in there 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.