• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 595
  • Views Views 176K

Scotland
March Fixtures

European Championships Qualifier Match
Norway 1-0 Scotland
View attachment 100206
An abysmal result but a new look squad will take time to settle in. Worst of all its a player i picked up on a free in my 2nd season that got the goal for Norway that also featured former Dons Markus Henriksen & Alexander Ronningen

Scotland 5-2 Finland
View attachment 100205
A better result but still a minging performance. This group may not be as easy as i thought as we fall out of the top 30 in the world.

Table
View attachment 100204
Norway make a stonking start after beating us they humped Wales and beating them at Hampden is now a must.

End of season

We win our 5 final games and achieve 3 of the 5 records that were in sight going into the split

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
View attachment 100101

Celtic 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 100100

Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 100099

Aberdeen 3-1 Partick
View attachment 100098
Record points is achieved but we came so close to bagging two records. We were 3 goals clear within 30 minutes and i deccided to go more attacking, remembering the 9 we put past them at the start of the season but sadly all it led to was opening the back door and Msaki conceded his 1st goal since February. Up to Hibs now to defend there keepers clean sheet record

Hibs 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 100097
77 minutes we kept the back door shut and it could only be one man. Scotland's future and one of only 2 SPL starting players i've been tempted to buy Jack Connolly ended Msakni's clean sheet record dream. After that we piled forward looking for the 3 goals that would overtake Hearts 132 season goal record but no goals followed so both capital teams keep there records for another year at least.

SPFL Table
View attachment 100096
View attachment 100095
Our title was never in doubt and we've talked about us enough. The big story in Hibs and Hearts overtaking the Old firm and Hibs nabbing a spot in the Champions League. Celtic will need to win next weeks Scottish Cup final to have a place in next years Europa League. At the other end Hamilton lost every game after the split and ended up last. Dundee Utd couldnt play themselves out of trouble and have a play off with Forfar to stay up.

Records Achieved

Record points 107
How Celtic ever got 102 is beyond me

Ave rating record
Mattias Klein 8.17
View attachment 100094

View attachment 100094

Record League assists

Ross Macauley 20
View attachment 100093

Records failed
Goals in a season 130, two short of Hearts all time best 132

Clean sheet record
Tied at 23

Scotland
June Fixtures

Squad
View attachment 99710
Scott Bain suddenly retired at 31 years old so i need a new no3 keeper

Friendly
Scotland 0-2 South Africa
View attachment 99709
Wrong time to use the assistant manager

Wales 0-3 Scotland
View attachment 99708
Our old striker Griffiths & future striker Jack Connolly both got on the scoresheet but wow the Welsh are in a mess. With Bale now retired from internationals there new great hope Rob Saunders has not quite clicked yet as there group position will tell you.

Table
View attachment 99707
As suspected it looks like its going to come down to the Norway game in September.

End of Season 2022/23

Scotland
View attachment 99704
As long as it took with work and my join save with Klippybo this was one of my favorite season. We had high targets Achieved record points & set our highest goals scoring mark at 130. We came so close to a few others too. The only sad thing is that it really feels like this is the end of my 2nd and most successful cycle of players. Klein, Grangier & a few others are unhappy and wanting to move to bigger teams so we'll see how many players come back next year.

League goals still on the to do list
Celtic's 25 games won in a row
Hearts 132 goals
Rangers league record 35 wins
Biggest League Win Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen
Clean sheets in a row 8 Hibs
Clean sheets in a season 23 Sam Johnstone

After Aberdeen it was Hibs and Hearts sneaking ahead of Rangers while Celtic fumbled on behind. Paul Hartley may need the Scottish cup to keep his job as well as Celtic in Europe. Partick are emerging as the 6th force in the league. Only the league split makes the gap look respectable. Dundee & Falkirk will need good summers to get ahead of Morton, who are likly to spend again and catch Partick. Raith to there credit are still hanging on in there as the smallest team in the league while Dundee Utd really needed a few years to rebuild after half a decade in the lower leagues go right back to the championship amazingly loosing to Forfar who take over from Raith as the smallest team in the SPL. Hamilton go down and were dire in doing so and will be replaced with another team that's spent many years away Kilmarnock.

View attachment 99703

Montrose & Vale of Leithen featured in the playoff again with Montrose winning for the second year in a row on Penaltys. As we approach a decade in the save we still wait for a team to drop down or be promoted through multiple divisions except Forfar.

View attachment 99702

Big League review
View attachment 99701
One of those rare years i get all the league's before the playoffs
The Premiership looked even worse than Leicester 1 team rush to the title in real life as Man City waltzed to the title, Pretty easy when you have Dybala scoring 30, Morata scoring 20 and De Bruyne adding 25 assists. Sunderland do some job to finish 8th
Spain was the most exciting league this season with an amazing 3 way battle for the title won by Real Madrid on head to head record. Even closer was the fight for 4th. Three teams tied on 66 points with Valencia just 1 point back
Leverkusen pushed Bayern all the way but in the end the usual suspects just managed to hold on. Big teams Stuttgart & Werder Bremen were relegated
Then in France Monaco & PSG had less impressive seasons but no change in the order of the big 4.

Aberdeen 2022/23
View attachment 99700
Lozano settled into the league and had a classy 2nd season as Macauley developed immeasurably and took the AMR role as his own. Borja Garcia played all the big games and is still our best AMC. Frizzell has seemingly reached his limit and would still be a good back up at worst. Adam Smith was still our worst starting player but at 21 showed a huge step up in form from his first season. Klein's season was ruined by injury

Aberdeen Fans player awards
Matthias Klein
View attachment 99699
I'm going to get slaughtered if i let him leave.

Aberdeen Finances
Final Balance £72m = +£12m
View attachment 99697
Champions League prize money is the key and as we are now built to reach the group stage, which is pretty much guarantee at the moment. Reaching the last 16 should guarantee us a profitable season but with a new stadium, of which there's been no word on in over a year we still have to watch them dolla's. Were the 46th richest team in the world.

Other Competitions

Champions League
Barcelona 2-0 Tottenham
View attachment 99695
How many more times are we going to loose to eventual champions before we get some luck in these draws.

Europa League
Hoffenheim 1-0 Man Utd
View attachment 99693
The Germans giant killed there way to the final and the biggest giant kill of them all

Scottish Teams in Europe
Aberdeen - Champions League Last 16
Rangers - Europa League Last 16
Celtic - Europa League Group
Hibs - Europa League Play Group
Hearts - Europa League Play-Off

European Rankings
View attachment 99692
Aberdeen move up a spot to 26th while Rangers are the first team apart from ourselves to get over 10,000 points in a season.

Awards

SPL Player of the year
Hirving Lozano
View attachment 99690
Klein got the goals, Macauley got the assists but Lozano contributed plenty of both and deserved the award.

SPL Young Player of the year
Alan Granger
View attachment 99689
3 seasons after he first won this award at 21 Granger has recently talked about a U-turn on deciding to leave and wants to talk about a new deal.

SPL Top Scorer
Matthias Klein
View attachment 99688
First player to win this 5 years in a row

Scottish team of the year
View attachment 99687
10/11 come from Pittodrie. If only Smith scored more goals in Klein's absence we could have had all 11

Pre Season 2022/23

Our worst summer so far. Players asking for moves, We loose our best youth prospect as well as a starting CB and a few back up players who were ready for the first team

Not all bad however Smith, Grangier, Msakni and Pajic all sign new deals meaning there is no players we must sell this summer and the next key player in a contract position is Matthias Klein in two summers time but obviously that will need delt with by this time next year.

Manager Changes
Kiko Csilla - Villarreal
Gerardo Martino - AS Nancy

Season Targets
SPL - Winners & Break all key records
Scottish Cup - Win
League Cup - Win
Champions League - Last 16

It feels like we've got a second shot at the records with this team. Will be a miracle if we can keep Klein so i take this as our last chance break records with him and god know how long it will be till we can bed in another lead striker.

Pre season friendly's
View attachment 99637
We drew with Bayern but won the other 10 games of a busy summer.

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 99635
Celtic got a player into the dream 11 in Julio Torres while signing dutchman Terance Kongolo as well as the young Torres Other youngsters Jan Kiss & Kwon Yong-Chan as well as resigning Ryan Christie from Aberdeen. Hibs Ben Mcllroy rejected Aston Villa in the Premiership to the shock of everyone, They were also in the resigning buisness bringing Michael Devlin back from Rangers. Two loan players and Scotland international Ryan Fraser sum up a great summer, especially holding on to our star players. Rangers make a stand out signing in Ivorian wing back Cheick Diallo as well as the smart free signing of Man Utd youth player Simon Stephens and relegated Stuttgart defender David Kinsombi as well as a few depth players and Loans from the Premiership. Hearts as usual were the last to act swapping a few players with Rangers, picking up loans and free players late in July. Other major moves were Morton adding Matt Ritchie

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 99633

This year we make the rare move to buy 2 players for the first team based on players we've lost

Ayoze Perez AT
View attachment 99632
With Joe Smith going down with a broken leg right after we had loaned our two top prospects and lost our 3rd choice striker forcing a move we really needed a 2nd choice striker. Ayoze is far from a perfect choice and at 30 years old he will have little resale value but depending on Smith's recovery i could get a good fee for Perez in January or next summer.

Joel Gomez DC
View attachment 99631
This was perhaps the biggest stroke of luck i've had in the save so far. Juan Prieto demanded a move and was into the last 12 months of his contract he had to move on and we only managed to pick up £6m for him. In return we found a Barcelona train youth prospect that may already be the best defender in the SPL for how much you ask? £1.5m. Thanks

3 Youths also join
View attachment 99622View attachment 99620View attachment 99619

Out
We've already discussed Juan Prieto so onto the rest. Branislav Docic was my no 1 prospect but would not sign a new deal so we had to move him on. Steven Bergwijn was signed with nothing but good intention but due to circumstance every season this was going to be his chance this season but he wouldnt sign a new deal and we only ended up wit ha few million back for our wasted years on both sides. Youth prospects that didnt develop Tomas Hasek & John Duff moved on, Darren Randolph retired and half the back ups were loaned out

World Transfers

June
View attachment 99630
June PSG spend £85m twice including buying the man that scored the winner in the Champions League final

July
View attachment 99629
And now we see why as Man City broke the world record spending £150m for midfielder Kofi Afful. Scott Oliver Burke joined Dortmund for £20m

SPL Transfers
View attachment 99625

Squad
View attachment 99627
Nikola Pajic will put Ross Macauley under pressure. Gomez replaces Prieto the rest is pretty much the same

Youth team
View attachment 99624

Starting 11
View attachment 99623

You would imagine FC Nordsjaelland are absolutely kicking themselves given how much he went for one season later, my word I hope they included a sell on clause..

August

Axel Hock and Mattias Klein open contract talks. This could be massive for us if our two best players change there tune and sign on for 5 more seasons.

Fixtures

Dundee 1-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 99330
Terrible start as we throw the game away with 2 minutes to go, for the win record we can only drop points in 2 more games.

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
Falkirk 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 99329

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
View attachment 99328

Aberdeen 5-0 Morton
View attachment 99326

SPFL Table
View attachment 99325
Celtic are perfect and lead us all. Rangers won both games away from Pittodrie. Forfar may have to enjoy this picture as there up in 11th

Champions League draw
View attachment 99324
We are still only 3rd seeds hence why we have another tricky draw Louie Van Gal's Chelsea and the permanent German champions stand in our way of the last 16. Viktoria Plzen should secure a top 3 finish for us however.

August Transfers

World transfers
View attachment 99323

SPL Transfers
View attachment 99322
Celtic make big moves as Paul Hartley trys to rebuild the Parkhead team.

Aberdeen
View attachment 99321
We sign a Serbian U18 to make up for the £5m sale of Pedro Amorim and we loan out Rakic again and Craig Hendrie who is too good for our u20s but not good enough to push the starting CB's

Scotland
September Fixtures

Squad
View attachment 99020
New starting keeper aside there are few changes. Sutherland has been really goot at Crystal Palace and just came out of the u21s. Connolly is now the no1 striker now that Griffiths is not starting for Celtic and is 33

Scotland 3-1 Kazakhstan
View attachment 99019
A goal down and a man down right after half time. Thank god for Oli Burke coming off the bench to regain the starting spot on the right wing

Scotland 2-0 Norway
View attachment 99018
Its in our hands again after the most tense game i can remember in years. We took the lead just before half time through Adam Frizzell injurying a Norway defender along the way. Up till the 88th minute it was squeaky *** time We had plenty chances but FINALLY Oli Burke struck his 4th goal of the week to put us in pole position to win the group and reach Euro 2024

Table
We and Norway have 3 games to play and now we hold the tie breaker head to head results so getting results is all that matters. We both have home games against Wales that could decide it as i'd expect we would both beat Kazakhstan & Finland

September

3 Of our main players sign new deals ensuring our long term future
View attachment 98888View attachment 98887View attachment 98886

Fixtures

Partick 1-5 Aberdeen
View attachment 98885

Aberdeen 4-0 Hibs
View attachment 98884

Champions League Match 1
Aberdeen 2-2 Chelsea
View attachment 98883
Twice we led and twice we let Chelsea back into it. Shouldnt feel mad about a draw with Chelsea but finishing in the top 2 will probably mean beating Bayern once in our double header in October & November

Falkirk 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 98882

Betfred Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 3-0 Celtic
View attachment 98881
Only 3 more like. We totally dominated them and even managed to miss a penalty along the way

Aberdeen 2-2 Celtic
View attachment 98880
Then in the League it was a totally different story. Celtic had more than there share of chances and twice had the lead. A late Richard goal earned him man of the match but now we cant drop a single point in the league if we are to set a new record for Wins & points in a season.

SPFL Table
View attachment 98879
Aberdeen lead the way but in a rare turn of events Celtic are right on our tail just 1 point behind and the chasing pack of Dundee, Rangers & Hearts only 3 points further back. Grim start for Partick at the other end. Forfar make a heroic start to the season.

Champions League
View attachment 98878
A point gained or 2 lost> you choose but let us hope Viktoria Plzen's performance in Munich was a one off.

Scotland
October Fixtures

Finland 0-4 Scotland
View attachment 98813
Big win for us but while we were comfortably beating the land of the rally drivers Norway were getting hammered by Wales in Oslo to put us 1 win away from the Euro's

Friendly
Scotland 3-1 Senegal
View attachment 98811
A world Rankings boosting game for by week.

Table
View attachment 98810
As above if we win in Wales or Kazakhstan we'll win the Group.

October

Fixtures

Champions League match 2
Viktoria Plzen 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 98596
Easiest win of the year

Aberdeen 3-0 Forfar
View attachment 98595

Raith 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 98594

Champions League match 3
Aberdeen 1-1 Bayern
View attachment 98593
All the action happens at either end of the match. Gerson gave Bayern the lead after 7 minutes only for Lozano to equalise right away. It went pretty quiet till stoppage time when both sides had a great chance each to win it but a point each was probably fair all be it not good enough for our top 2 ambitions.

League Cup Semi Final
Hearts 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 98592
We lost on pens last year so im delighted to announce that FM have decided this was our 30th consecutive match unbeaten in the league cup. Was never in doubt after 2 early goals from Klein and a red card for Hearts Perry Kitchen all before Klien completed his hattrick.

Dundee await in the final
View attachment 98591

SPFL Table
View attachment 98590
Early on, not even a quarter of the way through the season but Celtic look like there here to stay in a title fight. Dundee have come back into form after few dodgy managers & season while Partick have had a utter disaster of a season. No wins for a team that was a solid top 6 team the last 2 year, not had many changes to there squad and not lost any key players.

Champions League
View attachment 98589
November will decide our fate with trips to Chelsea & Munich before they face off on the final game but a result from either of those games is vital then we'll need a favor in the final game.

This is Absolutely Incredible mate,

I've really struggled to get into Fm recently and this story has gave me some motivation to get back into a long term challenge/save when i'm off work next week.

Wanted to try Roma again or Ajax but the Scottish challenge does sound up my street too.

Would be amazing to turn Ajax into that European Giants once again.

Thanks for the story and long may it last.

This is Absolutely Incredible mate,

I've really struggled to get into Fm recently and this story has gave me some motivation to get back into a long term challenge/save when i'm off work next week.

Wanted to try Roma again or Ajax but the Scottish challenge does sound up my street too.

Would be amazing to turn Ajax into that European Giants once again.

Thanks for the story and long may it last.

Ajax is the team i dream of starting a save with. They and Benfica's youth system would make a long term save so much fun. Good luck!

Scotland
November Fixtures

Squad
View attachment 98396
3 return from injury but we loose 3 more

Scotland 3-0 Wales
View attachment 98395
This was the big match win and we're in. A cagy start Dons attacker Adam Frizzell struck right on half time setting us up for a comfortable second half made even better by a second Frizzell strike. Jason Cummings scored his first Scotland goal to round out a great day where we secured our spot at Euro 2024

Kazakhstan 0-3 Scotland
View attachment 98394
Kept most the players available in for this one, gave some Dons less game time or a rest.

Final Table
View attachment 98393
Both ourselves and Norway have qualified for next summers tournament.

View attachment 98392

November

Hirving Lozano is the latest superstar to commit his long term future to Aberdeen, he is quickly followed by back up wonderkid winger Nikola Pajic
View attachment 98343View attachment 98341

Trips to Munich & Stamford bridge either side of the International break would not hault our European challenge

Fixtures

Hearts 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 98340
It was all going swimingly till Hearts equalized with 2 minutes to go forcing us to go all out attack for the last 2 minutes and it was enough to secure the 3 points

Aberdeen 6-0 Kilmarnock
View attachment 98337
Kleinfest at Killie

Champions League match 4
Bayern 2-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 98335
The Dons made a stormer of a start and led at half time through Macauly but on the 67th minute the game changed as Joe Gomez was sent off and now down to 10 men Brandt almost immediately had Bayern level and before the end Lewadowski had predictably put Bayern in front. HOWEVER! the Dons had one last punch left in them and in his final action before picking up a hip injury ruling him out for 3 months Ayoze Perez struck in the 93rd minute to gain a valuable point that was totally unexpected once Lewandowski had given Bayern a late lead. Even better is that Chelsea were held by Plzen so if we can avoid defeat at Stamford Bridge we'll have a great shot of making the last 16

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee
View attachment 98334

Morton 2-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 98332
This result means we cant break the league record for wins in a season

Champions League match 5
Chelsea 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 98331
Huge round of matches. Chelsea were in must win mode. Anything less and they were probably out. Eden Hazzard had them on the right tracks with the opening goal just before half time but they made the mistake of not killing us off and a name you wont have seen as he fell down the pecking order Marc Roca in for the injured Thierry Richard gave us the equalizer. I had made a few attacking change just before this and decided to keep pounding and got our reward with Klien scoring the winning goal 5 minutes from the end. Harsh on Chelsea especially with Msakni winning MOTM but we deserved a win from our 4 games against the big 2.

SPFL Table
View attachment 98329
The draw at Morton didnt harm our lead at the top too much as Celtic drew with Falkirk and lost to Raith, if anything Rangers have made it a 3 horse race with a 9 point gap to the teams chasing the final top 6 spots. Partick turned there form around in November and left the new teams Forfar & Killie at the bottom.

Champions League
View attachment 98328
When this group was drawn i had thought we would be set for Europa League after christmas but 4 points frm our trips to Munich & London see us in the last 16 with a game to spare. We would need Chelsea to beat Bayern to stand any hope of winning the group

Back