Aberdeen Back where it all began

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 595
  • Views Views 176K
well done loving this keep it up you should defo do a save with ajax i have a save going with them and the amount of really good youth you start with and get every intake is unreal

Betfred League Cup Final 2023

View attachment 1111518

Aberdeen
vs Dundee
View attachment 98085 View attachment 98084

A repeat of the first Cup final we had in 2016. We thumped them on that day with goals from Rooney, Jack, McGinn & McLean

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
View attachment 98083

And today was no different. We only scored 2 goals this time but Dundee only had 1 shot the whole game. We wanted this trophy back and we took it, destroying Celtic along the way.

Current Hall of Fame rating
View attachment 98082
Just to show you how far we have to go domestically i am now the most "successful" Aberdeen boss on points anyway. Wont pass Sir Alex without a Champions League or Europa League title. But im only half way to overtaking the Old Firm managers from the 1920s to the 1980s

December

If Carlsberg did months they would have 7 wins out of 7 with 6 clean sheets and top spot in the Champions League

Fixtures

Champions League Match 6
Aberdeen 5-0 Viktoria Plzen
View attachment 98042
A Huge win for my reserve players and even better Chelsea held Bayern to a draw meaning thanks to 1 more away goal against Bayern we finish ahead of them to top the table

View attachment 98033

Thank you Chelsea. There boring 0-0 draw with Bayern who have led the group since the group kicked off cost them top spot and we now moved into top spot right at the end thanks to our 2 goals in Munich

Aberdeen 3-0 Partick
View attachment 98041

Hibs 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 98040
John McGinn was the only player to put a goal past us but we still win comfortably

Aberdeen 8-0 Falkirk
View attachment 98039
The seasons standard thrashing that falls just short of the 10 goals we need for the record win.

Celtic 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 98038
Just made sure that Celtic had any lingering thoughts of a title challenge.

Aberdeen 3-0 Raith
View attachment 98037

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
View attachment 98036

SPFL Table
View attachment 98035
Gap at the top moves to 13 points over Rangers who over take a Celtic team that picks up a habit of loosing to smaller teams pushing them out of 2nd.

Last 16 Draw
We draw Napoli a team we've faced 4 times all in the Champions League Group phase where we only won 1 game.
View attachment 98034

January

Fixtures

Forfar 0-6 Aberdeen
View attachment 97788

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 97787

Kilmarnock 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 97786

Dundee 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 97785

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Inverness CT 1-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 97784

SPFL Table
View attachment 97783
Remember a 10 games ago when we were in a title battle? Well the old firm have been abysmal letting Dundee, Hibs & Hearts catch up. At the bottom Forfar have had a good run to catch up with Morton & Killie look in trouble.

Transfer Window

World Transfer
View attachment 97782
All the big moves involve the Spanish teams and Hoffenheim who sold there star player Kuki, Who Klippybo signed in our Aston Villa vs Newcastle save. Now i'm scared. Former Don who im sure was having an affair with our physio, Serge Gnabry moved to China

SPL Transfers
View attachment 97781
Aged Leigh Griffiths has hit the wall and moves to Elbar for £120k, He's replaced with Partick lead forward Chris Munro. Hibs sold there best player and Scottish starter Ben McIlroy, i considered buying him but he deserves to play every week something thats not going to happen at Aberdeen right now. Rangers sell long time no 1 Robby McCrorie to Villa and dont replace him.

Aberdeen

In
View attachment 97780
View attachment 97779
Two come in one is going to turn out to be my best signing in the save so far. I was trying to buy Jose Henrique for £7-£10m in the last 2 seasons but i could never get him or his team Flamingo to agree a deal. Suddenly on new years day he was sitting on a free so with Roca wanting to leave for first team action and now capped by Brazil i cant hide my delight that he chose us over Benfica the only other major team bidding for him, Our second signing all started with a laugh in our first champions league game. I uttered the words "haha Knobloch" and when i hovered over him i stopped laughing. There's a decent player there. The timing may have got me paying a bit much but Czech players usually do good by me so we'll hope this happens again.

Out
Marc Roca

Played 169 - Goals 13 - Av Raiting 7.19
View attachment 97778
Roca joined as we were turning into a Champions League team. He did a great job while Adam Smith & Martin Neil developed into a first team player. Sadly for him Thierry Richard came in on a free and he plummeted down the order and requested this move for first team football. Did a great job for us

Youngster Calvin Forbes was out drinking and was starting to loose his spot in the U19 so with the big teams come bidding i was happy to send him off as a example to other kids.

Wilson, Haskan & Strok demanded a loan move for some first team action while Donald & Megginson need it.
We also agreed to sell our two oldest and dearest players Borja Garcia & Ben Gibson in the summer as we try and move on with the younger players.

This, along with TheLuckDuck's career story, are the two that have really got me back into Football Manager 2017 after a rough start. I've even been inspired by the idea, with two small differences. Firstly, I'm English, so that adds an unusual spin, and secondly I have a soft spot for Hearts so I'm taking them and Scotland over.

KUTGW! :)

This, along with TheLuckDuck's career story, are the two that have really got me back into Football Manager 2017 after a rough start. I've even been inspired by the idea, with two small differences. Firstly, I'm English, so that adds an unusual spin, and secondly I have a soft spot for Hearts so I'm taking them and Scotland over.

KUTGW! :)

Could choose far worse than Hearts my man. Apart from Aberdeen there only other team in the SPL that have a base of players from the very start that i think you can enjoy success with, i'e not finishing bottom half going after the cups if Celtic slip up and with Paterson and the keeper maybe others there are players to make a long term save around. Best of luck!

February

As we scraped past Hibs my assistant pointed out that we are still yet to be beaten in all competitions this season in fact its almost a year since Barcelona beat us 3-0 in the Nou Camp

Fixtures

Abrdeen 3-0 Morton
View attachment 97698

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
View attachment 97697
Thanks to our electric start we had a 3 goal lead long before Richard's red card

Partick 1-5 Aberdeen
View attachment 97696

Scottish Cup 5th Round
View attachment 97691

Stranraer 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 97695
One of our furthest away trips of the Scottish season. 2 hours south of Glasgow, closer to Northern Ireland than Glasgow

Champions League Last 16 1st leg
Napoli 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 97694
A goal at the start and a goal at the end. 2 way goals and a clean sheet sets us up perfectly for the 2nd leg

Aberdeen 1-1 Hibs
View attachment 97693
A rare day where we were really up against it. A goal down a player down over 5 minutes in the first half and no spare midfielder on the bench. We went attacking after a half time assertive team talk and Klein as usual delivered to keep our long unbeaten run.

SPFL Table
View attachment 97692
23 points clear at the top and if results go our way we will wrap it up in March. The old firm are in a titanic battle for 2nd while Dundee lead Hearts & Hibs for 4th, there all set for the top 6. 7th to 11th are split by 5 points also Killie are 5 points adrift at the bottom and 15 of there 24 goals have come from my u19 striker Ross Douglas while 3rd in the league top scorer in our on loan striker Paul Hay!

March

Another League title is secured, we still have not lost a game all season and including last year our run is over 50 games without defeat

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
View attachment 97536
We dropped points to Hibs last time out and with a weeks rest we would not do the same with Celtic

Falkirk 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 97535

Scottish Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 5-1 Dundee Utd
View attachment 97534
No sign of a new firm revival and there best hope of promotion is now a play off

Champions League Last 16 2nd leg
Aberdeen 6-1 Napoli
Aberdeen 8-1 Napoli - AGG
View attachment 97533
We just had to be smart and play to keep a clean sheet. Our attack took a hit with Pajic getting injured practically from the kick off. Or Was it? Aberdeen went mental on a team that have finished in the top 2 of Serie A for 5 of the last 6 seasons. Klein's hattrick puts him closer to the golden boot than he's ever been but is still 3 behind Suarez and lets face it who's going further in the competition. Needless to say Richard's last minute red card is mega annoying

Raith 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 97532
No European hang over this time as we secured the title.

Aberdeen 4-1 Forfar
View attachment 97531

SPFL Table
View attachment 97530
As we approach the split Celtic pull 5 points and many goals clear of Rangers at the same time as Dundee close the gap on them. Ross Douglas is giving Killie a shot at survival. Why on earth did i loan him out? Anyone in the bottom half can still go down.

SPL record hunt

From the long list at the start of the year only 2 still look possibly and that's being polite

Hearts 132 goals
we need 31 goals from 7 games. Hard to see us scoring 5 goals a game against the top 6 teams while facing Man utd and a Scottish Cup semi

Clean sheets in a season 23 Sam Johnstone
Ali only needs 2 more to break the record

Champions League Quarter Final Draw
View attachment 97529
We play my favorite team Man Utd. 1st leg at Pittodrie too. Care to dream the impossible

Scotland Friendly
Scotland 4-3 Cape Verde
View attachment 97528
A try out game for some back up players trying to get a spot in the finals squad

April

There's heartbreak then there's whatever you want to call this. Read on if you have a stock of kleenex

Fixtures

Aberdeen 7-0 Kilmarnock
View attachment 97200
Great effort to try and the goals record

Champions League Q/F 1st Leg
Aberdeen 2-1 Man Utd
View attachment 97199
A great performance and the deserved result. Gomez's own goal was a sad blot on what could have been a great night.

Hearts 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 97198

Champions League Q/F 2nd Leg
Man Utd 3-1 Aberdeen
Man Utd 4-3 Aberdeen AGG
View attachment 97197
Today i'll change my layout for the matches. Mainly as this show how ridiculously close we were to dragging United to penaltys. The 2nd leg was much the same as the 1st a close but good game until career Don Alan Grangier got sent off. From then on United were the dominant team both had a chance right at the death but Extra time was destined. United had all the chances but in the last 5 minutes the laid siege to our goal and eventually after the final whistle was due Balde Keita stuck his Balde head onto a Kovalenko through ball to win the game. Everything towards the end went through Kovalenko, how his average rating is so low i'll never know. This was by a mile the most gutting defeat we've had due to the stage in the contest, how close the game was, the red card and last of all it ended our unbeaten run of 58 games in all competiton.

View attachment 97196

Scottish Cup S/F
Dunfermline 0-7 Aberdeen
View attachment 97195
We had 10 days to recover and after some complaints from Klein, Richard and Hock we took all our aggression out on the Div 1 defense

Celtic too were in the mood against Dundee and the two best teams will once again bring the curtain down on the Scottish season.
View attachment 97194

SPFL Table
View attachment 97193
Very little change as we go into the break. Hibs are taking the fight to the old firm as Dundee & Hearts look set to fight for 5th. In the bottom half Falkirk & Partick Thistle should be safe but still nobody in the bottom half is safe.

May

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Hibs
View attachment 96964
Pajic with a hatrick may have secured the AMR spot for next season

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 96963
We had a whole 2nd half to react to Celtic's opening goal. It was our first defeat in the SPL all season one that i never seen coming.

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee
View attachment 96962

Rangers 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 96961

Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 96960

SPFL Table
View attachment 96965
Aberdeen win the league by miles as always. Celtic, Hibs and Rangers are joined by Dundee in Europe. Kilmarnock finished bottom despite my on loan striker Ross Douglas scoring 23 of there 36 goals. Forfar will have to fight for there spot in the legue finishing 6 goals behind Raith.

Scottish Cup Final 2024

View attachment 96958

Aberdeen vs Celtic
View attachment 96955 View attachment 96954

Line ups
Like our last cup final 2 years ago we face Celtic. This is a much younger team with only 4 players starting from the 2022 line up. On the other hand we have only 3 changes.

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic
View attachment 96956

The result however was exactly the same. A strike from Matthias Klein after only 4 minutes was all the goals we had in this final where we win back to trophy we handed away last season.

End of Season 2023/24

Scotland
View attachment 96916
A dropped points at the start of the season made it very unlikely that we could go after the majority of the league records we were targeting and after keeping almost all our players and our 4 best players i was quite disappointed by that and it made me see that most of the records may be impossible to break. At least Msakni broke the clean sheets in a season record with 26 clean sheets in 38 games

View attachment 96915

Klein got the Scottish cup scorers record and the dons goals in a season record.
View attachment 96899

Updated League goals still on the to do list
Celtic's 25 games won in a row
Hearts 132 goals
Rangers league record 35 wins
Biggest League Win Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen
Clean sheets in a row 8 Hibs

Celtic's player turn around got them back into 2nd place, Great work by Hartley who was on the verge of the sack last season. Hibs drop down to 2nd which is nothing to be ashamed of after loosing there best player. Hopfully they can keep a hold of Connolly up front. Rangers free and cheep signings kept them in that battle. They would be better if the didnt play £6m signing Patrick Bamford. Dundee returned to the top 6 scoring big with there loans, 5 of there top 10 players are just in for the season. Hearts squad never really changes and the keep there top 6 spot with that. The bottom 6 was closer than its ever been and until the later stages it was anyone's game over teams that would go down but towards the end Kilmarnock just couldnt do anything without Douglas and as the worst team deserved bottom spot. Forfar worked miracles to make it to the playoffs with there resources

Forfar do it again. They beat Dundee United in the playoffs for the 2nd season in a row. Our on loan striker John Megginson got them over the line.

View attachment 96914

Hamilton bounce right back to the SPL winning the championship, in League 1 Dunfermline held off an amaing challenge from Hawick to take the title while Peterhead won League 2.

Brechin lost there league spot in the League 2 play off to East Kilbride

View attachment 96913

Back to Aberdeen for a moment and the u20's were the stars of the year getting to the U19s Champions League final loosing in the most amazing game to Feyenoord 5-4

View attachment 96912

Donald Arena to open for 2026/27
View attachment 96911
I can also confirm that for the first time in my FM career, that i can recall i've got a stadium named after me. Huge costs for a 30k stadium but hopfully we can extend. Thanks to all the youth players and wheeling and dealing that made this possible.

Big League review
View attachment 96910
Chelsea only lost 2 games and that was enough to stop Man City and there Dybala dynasty. He scored 28 goals, 9 more than anyone else. Man City and Tottenham join them in the Champions League, ****** United. Liverpool finish 10th
What a fight at the top between the Madrid giants which ended with a 1 point margin, Atletico had the head to head advantage too so deserved the title. Barca finished in no mans land 12 points back but miles clear of the 4th place fight.
5 seasons in a row Inter finished 3rd and now they win there first title in over 10 years. No prolific players, Napoli had two of the top players, Roma had the two top scorers but it means nothing without the title. The real story of the season is Juventus dropping all the way down to 6th, the last Europa league spot.
Monaco win there 4th Ligue 1 title in a row by there largest margin, 12 points. PSG were closer to 3rd.

View attachment 96909

For the 2nd time in the save Bayern dont win the Bundasliga. Leverkusen matched there 2019/20 title with there 2nd in recent times.

View attachment 96909

Aberdeen
View attachment 96908
Back to full health and Klein rewarded us with his best seasons scoring 67 goals in all competition. After him it was our 4 wingers Hock, Granger, Lozano and newbie Pajic who took his chance following Ross Maccauley's injury ravaged season. Joel Gomez was our best defender in his first season while Adam Smith prove himself as the countrys best holding midfielder. Can he show that at Euro 2024 though?

Aberdeen Fans player awards
Matthias Klein
View attachment 96907
That makes sense but 23 year old Hock young Player of the year, a week after requesting a transfer?

Aberdeen Finances
Final Balance £34m -£38m
View attachment 96906
We actually maded a few million about £3-£4m but the costs of the new stadium hit the balance hard. May have too wheel and deal this summer to build up the bank again.

Other Competitions

Champions League
Man Utd 0-1 Barcelona AET
View attachment 96905
Man Utd got a taste of there own medecine with late drama as center back Emanuel Mammana headed the winner before a late Javi Martinez red card ended Uniteds dream with a 3rd final defeat to Barcelona in a row

Europa League
Tottenham 1-0 Liverpool
View attachment 96904
Spurs won the all England final, beating Chelsea in the way to the final. Look how close Hibs ran the eventual runner ups

Scottish Teams in Europe
Aberdeen - Champions League Quarter Finals
Hibs - Europa League Last 16
Celtic - Europa League Last 32
Rangers - Europa League Group Stage
Hearts - Europa League Play-Off

3 teams in Europe after christmas for the first time and when we did it took Man Utd, Liverpool & Lyon to knock us out. Best season so far for the Scots. Next step is for sure 2 teams in the Champions League Groups

European Rankings
View attachment 96399

Dons crack the top 20 and are 18th in Europe. Hibs also had there best season ever jumping almost 50 places to 69th. Motherwell & St Johnstone improve a little while the old firm drop 2 places each.

Awards

SPL Player of the year
Matthias Klein
View attachment 96903
The Australlian wins his 4th award but not by much over his front 4 sidekicks

SPL Young Player of the year
Nikola Pajic
View attachment 96902
He would have been close to a clean sweep of top scorer, player and young player in his 1st season if Klein had injury problems like last season. Still our 6th winner from Aberdeen in a row

SPL Top Scorer
Matthias Klein
View attachment 96901
Make that 6 in a row for our Fosters drinking hero among men. But how many more will he win? His LONG term replacement Ross Douglas got 23 at a horrific Kilmarnock side. Will he be good enough to be my no2 next season or will he go out on loan? Biggest call of the summer for me.

Scottish team of the year
View attachment 96900
Like last year 10/11 come from Pittodrie however with Douglas getting the 11th spot i'm claiming all 11 for the Dons

Last edited:

View attachment 96688

The Squad
View attachment 96687
A nice mix of experiance and youth. The new players Middleton, Connolly, Neil, Smith and McIlroy while at the other end only Grant Hanley & Liam Cooper are the only 2 players over 31 that may be looking at there last campaign. Only tough call was Aberdeen Grangier or Arsenal Tierney and i went with the safe bet of a player who knows my counter attacking system better than most

Group Draw
View attachment 96686
We kick off against old foe's Lithuania before it gets real against Portugal the favorites for the group and then we finish up against a Wales team that's done nothing but improve since we began in the same qualifying group 2 years ago.

Warm up games

Scotland 1-3 Belgium
View attachment 96685
Belgium are one of the favorites. Not sure how were going to combat the top teams.

Scotland 1-1 Romania
View attachment 96684
A late goal earned us a draw but this had not been very encouraging warm up games.

Group Phase

Match 1

Lithuainia 2-4 Scotland
View attachment 96405
3 goals in the first 14 minutes meant we could rest as much as possible for the rest of the match . Was edgy for a while as Lithuania scored twice after the break but Cummings headed home the 4th to secure 3 points from our easiest match

Portugal show why there one of the favorites by destroying Wales
View attachment 96404

Match 2

Scotland 0-2 Portugal
View attachment 96403
We gve as goo as we got and fought hard but in the end this talented Portuguese side were too good for us and it will come down to a winner take all match with Wales to guarantee a last 16 place but with us both on 3 points a draw maybe the best result for the Unionist among us.

View attachment 96402

Match 3
Scotland 1-0 Wales
View attachment 96401
What a fight we were in to secure 2nd spot. A tight nervous game looked to be slipping away from us as Martin neil was sent off with under 20 minutes to go i was just waiting for Wales to get there revenge but it was my first sub Jason Cummings on for the injured Connolly that scored the games only goal. Wales gave it some shot in the final 10 minutes but sealed there own fate as they got a red card too right at the death.

Final table
View attachment 96400
I'd say this is exactly how it was expected to pan out. Wales also got through as one of the best 3rd placed teams.

Last 16

Germany vs France is the only mega power match. We face Belgium who thumped us 3-1 in a warm up game at Hampden 3 weeks ago.

View attachment 96396

Scotland Vs Belgium
View attachment 96394 View attachment 96393

Scotland 0-5 Belgium
View attachment 96392
Could there be worse way to go out? Hanley decided that i would end his international career 10 minutes into this game. We held on well till the stroke of half time where the **** fell out of our defense with Ogigi & Bouabdellah turning a 1 goal Belgian lead into a 3 goal Belgian lead. Once the 4th went in it was time to rest give some youngsters a turn an forget about this summer.

Pre Season 2024/25

All the old, over 30's players are sold as the last batch of EU players burst into the team. We also lost our best midfielder that will almost pay for the new stadium himself.

Euro 2024
Holland 1-2 Portugal
View attachment 96141Dutch football is back in a final but is still yet to EVER win a major. ET beat them just like it did in the 2010 World Cup final

Manager Changes
Massimo Allegri - England
Laurent Blanc - Belgium
Luciano Spalletti - Sweden
Claude Puel - France
Stefan Kuntz - Germany <My favorite
Rafa Benitez - Spain
M Laudrup - Celta Vigo
Didier Deschamps - Southampton
Gareth Southgate - Liverpool
Paulo Sousa - Bilbao
Fran Escriba - Malaga

Pep was sacked by Spain, Southgate (England) & Laudrup (France) resigned to return to club football

Season Targets
SPL - Winners
Scottish Cup - Win
League Cup - Win
Champions League - Quarter Finals

Very few changes with the squad so Scotland should easily bring home another treble. European football without Richard may be tougher but i really want to reach a final soon otherwise we'll be looking at a rip it up and start again job.. Q/F is probably the best we can do talent wise.

Pre season friendly's
View attachment 96140
We won every game thumping every team along the way even though we didnt play any side that would be in the later stages of the Europa League

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 96139
3/1 for Aberdeen??? these bookies must be almost skint. Rest of the top 6 is fair enough apart. Celtic have a slightly better squad than Rangers and so on. Forfar, newbies Hamilton & Raith are expected to struggle most. Raith and Forfar will need to work miracles to survive although Raith have solidly been in the league for 6 seasons now.

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 96138

IN

Daniel Arrieta - ML
View attachment 96137
Backup/ future replacement for Lozano if he works out. Getting injured for 4 months is not the way to start his time at the club.

2 Players join the youth & Loan team out of the 14 we agreed terms with these were the only ones that got work permits. Chubby face Pedro Sousa looks great and is already progressing quick and Chris Mitchell rejoins after almost a week as a free agent
View attachment 96136View attachment 96135

Out
Not even close to the £64m we made in 2021 before the grip of Brexit ruined out money making ways but we lost the best player i've let go in the save so far. In three season Thierry Richard developed into my best player running the middle of the park. The league's Iniesta earning 11 caps along the way. Last season he joined the list of Klien, Hock and several others over the year in demanding a move and unlike the others he could not be convinced to stay and with 12 months left on his deal i had to accept a £25m & heeps of future incentive style deal from Chelsea. With our depth in midfield as well as his abysmal disciplinary record last year, 3 red cards he will not be as disastrous a loss as any of the other players that have recently requested a move.
David Mitchell was the longest serving player we sold. 7 years mostly as the back up wing back come to a end as again entering the last years of his contract and youth players desperate for a chance to take his spot moving him was the best thing for him and the squad. Next up was Paul Hay. Singed in 2019 he never played a 1st team game for Aberdeen. Came of age last season on loan to Falkirk and interest from Championship teams offering £5m was impossible to ignore for a player that was at best 4th in line to Klein's thrown. Another youngster who never worked out was Tony McBride who moved on to Dundee to try and make a career that was never happening at Pittodrie. Finally the 3 oldies. Little to say for Ayoze Perez 1 season full of injurys seen him make 24 appearances and score a respectful 7 goals. £4m to West ham was a good return for a man we picked out of the skip.

Ben Gibson & Borja Garcia
Two players who transformed the club in 2019. Following our 1st league title win we needed to add quality to the defense and a multi skilled attacking midfielder that could do a job all over the shop. Both did an amazing job and its so sad to see leaders of the club on both ends move on but it was only fair to give them one more crack at 1st team football as Vallecano & Aston villa can hopefully keep them busy till they retire to coach with me in the future.

Ben Gibson
P163 Ave 7.14
View attachment 96134

Bora Garcia
P172 G64 Ave 7.47
View attachment 96133

World Transfers
View attachment 96132
PSG break the bank to sign Chelsea's Jorge Mere for £63m. Also signing a regular buy of mine David Carmona.

View attachment 96131

Man city & Barcelona join the party in July. Pol Lirola possibly the best young RB in the game moving to ******. Chelsea buy the best young player i never managed to get a look in Steve Holmes Derbys top sorer since he was 18 already got 3 England caps. Scary prospect.

SPL Transfers
View attachment 96130
Its all about Aberdeen this summer. Outside Pittodrie Celtic make the most interesting move by adding Jacob Murphy a wonderkid in years gone by and even more impressive they kept there two star players Torres & Kongolo while also adding 33 year old Nathanial Clyne to there defense. They look a clear 2nd best now. Rangers & Hearts do little sticking mostly to loaning youths from England while Rangers pick up ancient Scottish CB Liam Cooper. Hibs add a interesting English prospect named Eddie Hargreaves whilst being the quietest of the top 5. Forfar and Hamilton feeling the danger bought the most players to try and survive.

Squad
View attachment 96129
Only change is Pajic living up to his potential and taking the AMR spot. Jose Henrique's potential makes the blow of loosing Richard hurt a lot less.

Youth team
View attachment 96128
Depth is at an all time low with the work permit situation becoming impossible.

August

We dropped points to Morton away. These guys just down want to break records anymore do they?

Fixtures

Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 96093
Could not have wrote a better start to the season. Our toughest game out of the way and we trounced the team we expect will challenge us

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
Forfar 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 96092

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee
View attachment 96091

Morton 1-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 96090
I expect to come through August with a perfect haul of points only playing 1 game a week but Morton punished our failure to score a 2nd goal

Aberdeen 3-1 Hamilton
View attachment 96089
This was a "character building" moment the cat get's taken to the vet and is kept overnight, not due to getting kicked when Henrique got red carded a week after failing to stop diving into tackle's. At least we won!

SPFL Table
View attachment 96088
Falkirk led by a suddenly goal hungry Ryan Hardie join us at the top with most the usual suspects in tow. With the exception of Celtic down in the bottom half but only 5 points off top spot.

Champions League draw

First the news were now No2 seeds but only just!
View attachment 96087

Felt quite good getting Leverkusen till i seen there squad. Dang there for real. Marseille's will put up a fight for 2nd spot. They are very strong 3rd seeds and i'd say slightly stronger than our team. Basel are Basel.

View attachment 96086

August Transfers

World transfers
View attachment 96085

SPL Transfers
View attachment 96084
Rangers invest there incomings for the month but also sell there long term keeper Ross McCrorie

Aberdeen
I didnt buy anyone as i just wanted to get to the end of the month and get going with the save. Either Bentaleb or Smith had to go this summer and i was happier with the offers for the French striker so he's off to join a gravyard of former Dons strikers at Liverpool

Remind me to get you to load up your game next time you are over. Interested to see those regens that you have

Scotland
September Fixtures

Squad

Friendly
Holland 2-1 Scotland
We came so close to getting a result against one of the Euro 2024 finalist

View attachment 96003

European League Div B Match 1
Scotland 5-2 Austria
View attachment 96003

European League Div B Match 1
Scotland 5-2 Austria
View attachment 96002
Feared the worst when Forthaus gave Austria a half time lead. In the 2nd half however we played the best half of football i can remember in the national colors.

Table
View attachment 96001
Nothing to get excited about at this stage. 2nd place is the target as we'd get humped all over again in Group A

Back