• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 595
  • Views Views 176K

Scotland
September Fixtures

Squad
View attachment 102435
Huge changes to the squad as the bulk of the players cleared there 30's. after missing the world cup its time to redesign, rebuild & reclaim

Martin Neil, Graham McCann, Jack Connolly, Jason Cummings & Robby McCrorie get a shot at there first caps while half English players Rob Cooper, Glenn Middleton and my own Ross Douglas chose wisely and joined our youth revolution.

Euro League Div A Match 1
Spain 2-0 Scotland
View attachment 102434
We gave Spain a match which is more than i could have expected

Euro League Div A Match 2
Scotland 2-2 Italy
View attachment 102433
A very young Scotland took on a Italian side in there prime and it helps we were back at home and got a huge result that gives us a shot at avoiding bottom spot.

Table
View attachment 102432
Anything but bottom spot would be a miracle.

September

Started out with a slow goaless draw at home to Celtic & a defeat to Atletico Madrid but beat Rangers twice and got 3 points in our Champions League group

Fixtures

Aberdeen 0-0 Celtic
View attachment 102370
One of the poorest clashes with our long term rivals. There defense was solid as a rock

Champions League Match 1
At Madrid 3-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 102369
Klein gave us a shock lead and it all went downhill from there. Ze Gomes, the Benfica youngster at the start of the save showed why he's one of the main men in La Liga by scoring all 3 goals. No question who the better striker is i guess!

Aberdeen 2-0 Morton
View attachment 102368

Betfred Cup Q/F
Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 102367
After only getting a draw with Celtic this was not only a must win game but as its the cup its even more worrying when Rangers took the lead from there star player Patrick Bamford. We replied within a minute and a Klein double made sure our 100% League cup run goes on.

Semi Final will see us play Hibs
View attachment 102361

Aberdeen 3-1 Dundee
View attachment 102366

Champions League Match 2
Aberdeen 3-0 Viktoria Plzen
View attachment 102365
A vital result and it should be enough to secure at the worst Europa League football in 2023

Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers
View attachment 102364
We almost had a back to back goaless draw with the Old Firm until the unlikly source of Adam Smith struck the only goal of the game. Axel Hock's red card mean's it will be 29 days till he's back in SPL action

SPFL Table
View attachment 102363
Celtic & Rangers have abysmal months letting Hibs move clear in 2nd with Partick Thistle up to 3rd. Raith have been the stand out worst team so far with only 1 point from 24

Champions League
View attachment 102362
The roads open for Atletico Madrid having beaten us and then Arsenal at the Emirates there 3 points clear with a double header with Viktoria Plzen up next. We Play Arsenal for what already looks like 2nd spot.

Scotland
October Fixtures

Squad
View attachment 102289
Little Change from the team that played the last 2 games. Griffiths just missed out. He vs Cummings is my main debate till young Jack Connollys good enough.

Friendly
Scotland 0-1 France
View attachment 102288
Best team won but a experimental Scotland team did themselves proud

Europa League Div A Match 4
Italy 4-1 Scotland
View attachment 102287
Jeez we peaked at the wrong time. The old squad wouldnt have been rolled over like this 2 years ago but we are a million miles from that team ATM.

Table
View attachment 102286
If we can beat Spain by more than 2 goals we would stay in Division A. Anything else and were down. Wot hold out much hope since we only have 1 win from our 4 games in 2022 and that was against South Africa.

Gauld

What has happened to Ryan Gauld? Picked him up on my Celtic save for less than 500k.

What's Robbie McCrorrie like on this save? on FM16 he always developed really well

What's Robbie McCrorrie like on this save? on FM16 he always developed really well

View attachment 102136
View attachment 102135

Wouldnt say he's turned out great. Him and Scott Bain are quite close for Scotland no1 but McCrorie got the nod​

What has happened to Ryan Gauld? Picked him up on my Celtic save for less than 500k.

Great buy for that money. Worst case scenario is you'll make a good profit from him

Gauld's just fallen down the depth charts. These 20 years olds that are bursting onto the scene are already as good as him and are better at tackling which i need in the middle. Still he is the next man up from the national pool

October

A miracle result in Europe but our longest record comes to a end after 6 years

Fixtures

Falkirk 2-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 102125
The bairns took the lead but we fought back to win easily

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 4-1 Arsenal
View attachment 102123
Hard to think of a better performance from my team. We dominated the English champions before taking our foot off the gas at the end. Huge result in our rush for a Last 16 spot

Betfred Cup Semi Final
Hibs 0-0 Aberdeen
Hibs win 4-2 on pens
View attachment 102122
So it had to happen and it appears only Penaltys can end our hold on the League cup trophy. Hibs were outplayed but showed why there the second best team in the League just now by forcing penaltys and getting a result

Current League Cup Record
Played 27
Won 26
League Cup Trophy's 6 in a row, but not 7

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 102121
No Way i was leaving Easter road with less than 3 points after the cup robbery

Aberdeen 6-0 Raith
View attachment 102120

SPFL Table
View attachment 102119
Perfect set of results in the league has us 11 points clear and on target for record points & goals but we've been here before. Amazing battle for 2nd with the 4 big teams from Glasgow & Edinburgh tied on 20 points with Partick & Morton not far behind. Raith close the gap to 11th but still have yet to win a match.

Champions League Table
View attachment 102118
Next month starts with a trip to London for a huge match that could decide 2nd spot and see Atletico confirm a last 16 spot.

Scotland
November Fixtures

Friendly
Qatar 1-5 Scotland
View attachment 102055
We really needed a moral boosting win to try and turn the squad around

European League Div A Match 4
Scotland 0-0 Spain
View attachment 102054
A good result on the face of it but it secures a bottom place finish for us and a return to Div B where we really belong

Friendly
Scotland 3-1 Egypt
View attachment 102053
Much like the Qatar match we need to get our World ranking as well as our nations moral boosted with the Euro 2024 qualifiers just round the corner and we fought back well from being a goal down at half time to end the year with 2 wins and a draw with Spain.

Final Table
Says it all really. Looking forward to playing the bums in the Euro qualifiers again

Last edited:

November

First league defeat of the season at Parkhead but Amazing results in the Champions League

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
Arsenal 0-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 101957
We were once again the better side but neither team scored and the result works for us.

Aberdeen 6-0 Hamilton
View attachment 101956

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee Utd
View attachment 101955

Champions League Match 5
Aberdeen 2-1 Atletico Madrid
View attachment 101954
Another miracle night at Pittodrie. To be fair we were the better team that deserved our lead on the 54th minute. However less than a minute later they were level again. With 20 minutes to go we got a corner and from that eventually Roca got on the end of Martin Neils cross to win the game. By winning it i mean we then hung on till the end to secure a spot in the last 16. With a game to spare

Partick 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 101953

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 101952
What a disgusting day. Hibs lift the League cup, MY LEAGUE CUP. Then to top it off we dominated Celtic at Parkhead but they struck the only goal of the game from a hardly recognisable back up player Eirik Hestad. Despite giving us 30 minutes to get back into the game we failed so no unbeaten season. We can now drop no more than 7 points to beat Celtic's record points total so in short more that 2 defeats and 1 draw then we wont do it.

SPFL Table
View attachment 101951
Celtic's win at the end of the month closed the gap at the top too 11 points but with Champions league duty coming to a end this is the time to stretch our legs.

Champions League
View attachment 101950
A great month as we overcome the gooners to make the last 16. We would need Arsenal to beat Atletico for us to win the group and i really dont fancy there chances. Combine that with our game against Viktoria Plzen means we'll play our back ups and home its enough to win and Arsenal do us a mega favor

Friendly
Aberdeen 3-1 Egypt

^^ you sure ? XD

Great result in Europe! a small result for Arsenal and you will be topping the group! is there a benefit to that though ?

Friendly
Aberdeen 3-1 Egypt

^^ you sure ? XD

Great result in Europe! a small result for Arsenal and you will be topping the group! is there a benefit to that though ?

All depends on the group winners. Only time will tell

October

A miracle result in Europe but our longest record comes to a end after 6 years

Fixtures

Falkirk 2-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 1107014
The bairns took the lead but we fought back to win easily

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 4-1 Arsenal
View attachment 1107016
Hard to think of a better performance from my team. We dominated the English champions before taking our foot off the gas at the end. Huge result in our rush for a Last 16 spot

Betfred Cup Semi Final
Hibs 0-0 Aberdeen
Hibs win 4-2 on pens
View attachment 1107017
So it had to happen and it appears only Penaltys can end our hold on the League cup trophy. Hibs were outplayed but showed why there the second best team in the League just now by forcing penaltys and getting a result

Current League Cup Record
Played 27
Won 26
League Cup Trophy's 6 in a row, but not 7

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 1107018
No Way i was leaving Easter road with less than 3 points after the cup robbery

Aberdeen 6-0 Raith
View attachment 1107019

SPFL Table
View attachment 1107020
Perfect set of results in the league has us 11 points clear and on target for record points & goals but we've been here before. Amazing battle for 2nd with the 4 big teams from Glasgow & Edinburgh tied on 20 points with Partick & Morton not far behind. Raith close the gap to 11th but still have yet to win a match.

Champions League Table
View attachment 1107021
Next month starts with a trip to London for a huge match that could decide 2nd spot and see Atletico confirm a last 16 spot.

Arsenal Fan TV would of been good to watch after the win in the champions league..... Good result :)

December

Our first perfect month since the start of the season seen us beat Rangers, Hibs and Hearts with a aggregate score of 14-1 but abysmal luck our Champions League draw may see us loose lots of players in the summer with players demanding a winners medal of they will leave.

Hamilton made Martin Canning the first managerial casualty of the year ending his second spell at the club after hardly a year.

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-0 Hearts
View attachment 101470
All was well till Klein pulled a muscle over stretching for the ball and will miss most of the month

Champions League Match 6
Viktoria Plzen 0-5 Aberdeen
View attachment 101469
Kids get a great result in the Czech Rep

Morton 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 101468

Dundee 1-6 Aberdeen
View attachment 101467

Aberdeen 5-0 Falkirk
View attachment 101466

Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 101465
First of two very satisfying wins against the top 2 chasing teams

Raith 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 101464

Aberdeen 6-1 Hibs
View attachment 101463
Neil Lennon has become a utter ***** since they beat us on Penaltys in the League Cup well if beating them at Easter road wasnt enough we shoved 6 past them. Never mind they could still have Garry O'Conner. He has a decent nose for goal.

SPFL Table
View attachment 101462
All going perfectly in the League. The rest are falling over themselves except Celtic who are blowing out there **** since they beat us.

Champions League Final Group Table
View attachment 101461
It was looking so good early on but Atletico rallied back to claim top spot

Last 16 Draw
View attachment 101460
I said we were unlucky now here's why. Going into the final 3 ties we could have drawn Benfica, Sporting Lisbon or Barcelona. The rest is history

Scotland Euro 2024 Draw
View attachment 101459
Something is far wrong if we dont get out of this group. Wales have Bale, Norway have Odengaard the rest are ****.

January

Quietest window so far for the Dons. I'm expecting lots of players to demand a move in the summer so keeping my hands on everyone for now

Fixtures

Hamilton 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 100752

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 1-1 Falkirk
View attachment 100751
Not quite sure where we went wrong here. Played as strong a side as i could

Dundee Utd 1-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 100750

Aberdeen 6-1 Partick
View attachment 100748

Scottish Cup 4th Round replay
Falkirk 1-1 Aberdeen AET
Falkirk 3-0 On pens
View attachment 100747
Amazingly we miss every Penalty and are out for the first time in 6 seasons we wont be lifting the Cup at the end of the season.

SPFL Table
View attachment 100746
No sign of us slowing down in the League despite that cup disaster. Hibs and hears are ahead of the old firm, miles ahead of Celtic who could be looking for a new manager as we play them at Pittodrie next time out. Clear split between top 6 and bottom 6.

Transfer Window

World
View attachment 100744
The richest teams in the world bolster there squads

SPL
View attachment 100746
Rangers and Hibs sell & Exchange players we pick up a u20

Aberdeen
Loukas Papadimitriou
View attachment 100743
Already has 7 caps so maybe something special joining our kids team

February

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-1 Celtic
View attachment 100688
Our closest rivals through the save were demolished and Paul Hartleys time must be numbered

Hearts 2-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 100687
Derek McInnes trying to guide Hearts to the 2nd place he's used to with Aberdeen and going by this game they would be the 2nd best team in the League right now

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
Aberdeen 2-0 Barcelona
View attachment 100686
A magical 1st half at Pittodrie where we dominated Barcelona. 2 goals in the first 20 minutes from Alan Granger then Joe Smith on his 1st game back from international duty seen us deservedly 2 goals clear at the break. Luis Enrique must have had some team talk at half time as "MSN" battered us in the second half but a inspired defensive performance led by Msakni in goals who seemed to be making saves when 1 on 1 every 5 minutes gives us a lead and kept out Barcelona's chances of a away goal

Aberdeen 0-0 Dundee
View attachment 100685
Dundee's clean sheet was as much of a miracle as ours against Barcelona

Aberdeen 3-1 Morton
View attachment 100684

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
Barcelona 3-0 Aberdeen AET
View attachment 100683
Suarez and Messi ran the game we played well and were unlucky that Klein had a off day in front of goal. How big the ramifications will be with players wanting to move? Only time will tell

SPFL Table
View attachment 100682

Champions League 16 Results
View attachment 100681

your champions league run makes me want to cry !!! Can't believe you have had the luck you have. I got to the semi with Rangers since you told me 3 seasons the next season was my year but I lost to PSG, Your team are killing it in the league though.

The cup result was so unexpected even with a few players getting rested. Wish i had been paying more attention at the time but no excuses there. So many of the players were wanting to win the Champions League that i'm expecting a pile of Transfer requests to come from my star players and we might have to rebuild so we MUST break the goalscoring & points records this season

SPL Pre Split

Another title is in the bag so now its all about the points and goals record with the win record already out of reach after last months draw with Dundee
Gary Locke is the latest Dundee manager to gall short of Paul Hartley's standards, 3rd to be sacked in under 3 seasons

Fixtures

Falkirk 0-6 Aberdeen
View attachment 100339

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
View attachment 100338
Klein got 4 goals in 2 games before getting injured playing for Austraila. Will he ever pull on a Dons shirt again?

Hibs 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 100337
The usual maker of goals turned scorer as Macauley got the only goal after 4 minutes

Aberdeen 3-0 Raith
View attachment 100336

SPFL Table
View attachment 100335
We won the league a few matches back for the 5th season in a row. The rest of the top 5 have been running in the same formation for a while but have moved almost 20 points clear of 7th. Dundee Utd & Hamilton look set to fight over bottom spot if not for there 5 point deficit they also have much worst goal difference, Dundee & Raith are the only teams in danger of being dragged into the fight.

For the Records
We need 11 points from 15 to equal the points record so really 4 wins from 5. More simple perhaps task in front of goal where we need to score 16 goals against the next best 5 teams in the league. One final major record thats out of our reach is Rangers 35 wins in a season. Best we can do is match that.

Other records that could fall is Klein's league record average rating despite scoring far less goals himself than 2 seasons ago, Hock and Macauley are in a fight to take the record assist with Macauley already tied Nicolas De Preville's 16 and Hock 1 behind. With a new contract in the bag Ali Msakni need 4 more clean sheets to take Sam Johnstone's record of 23.

Would love to see your tactic and instructions if possible. So impressive for so long. Love following your thread.

Back