• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 595
  • Views Views 176K

October

Fixtures

Hamilton 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 105704
We were not at our best but a positive result after champions league is never to be frowned upon

Motherwell 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 105703
Back from the international break and despite resting a few players we trounced one of the worst Motherwell teams i've seen

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 0-1 Arsenal
View attachment 105702
We finally loose a European game and there is no shame to loose to a team as stacked as this

Betfred Cup S/F
Aberdeen 4-0 Falkirk
View attachment 105701
Klein as ever was the difference after leading us to a 3 goal lead in the first 20 minutes to recover from our first defeat of the season

Aberdeen 4-1 Partick Thistle
View attachment 105700
The early season pace setters have been in terrible from dropping back to mid table where they should were you would expect to find them.

Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 105699
On the 57th minute it looked like our unbeaten run was destined to end. Marc Roca was sent off with the score at 0-0 and we had to go more defensive. 10 minutes later Macauley put us ahead before Klein and a own goal made this looking more dominant than it should have been.

SPFL Table
View attachment 105698
A gaps started to open at the top. Were 9 points clear of Celti who have only lost one game. Partick recover back into 3rd. Rangers still in the bottom half and were the worst team in the league last month.

Champions League
View attachment 105697
We really could have done with a draw at home to Arsenal if we were to challenge for a top 2 spot. Now we'll have to get a result in London or Turin to reach the last 16.

Such a rough Champions League group man, hope you can pip 3rd though

Scotland
November Fixtures

World Cup Qualifier Match
Liechtenstein 0-3 Scotland
View attachment 105567
We win our game, Russia are held 1-1 with Kosovo to put us into 2nd but it will be a huge final game. Russia are at home to Liechtenstein and we play Estonia at home. Whoever scores the most will get 2nd spot

World Cup Qualifier Match
Scotland 2-0 Estonia
View attachment 105566
Griffiths chose the wrong day to get his first Scotland red card

Table
View attachment 105565
We miss out as Russia put 9 goals past the worst side in the group so we miss out on goal difference. This was made even worse as i thought at full time we had gone through as we were 2nd in the table however Russia played later in the day to make this even worse!

November

Champions League last 16 spot is in our hands
With the clubs rep at an all time high after the Arsenal match we hire youth guru John Bosman as our head of youth

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
Arsenal 2-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 105151
A stunning display that totally alters our push for the last 16 spots. Despite a Mustafi opening goal Klein scored twice in the last two minutes of the first half and on a counter attack on the hour mark Borja Garcia made it 3-1. We locked the back door but Alexis Sanchez pulled a goal back right at the death but it was too little too late and our best result of the season is in the books

Rangers 1-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 105150
i was sort of expecting this after such a good night in Europe. Paul Lambert is fighting for his job and 89th minute equalizer from Barrie McKay may have saved his job.

Inverness CT 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 105149
The first half was a real worry as the Scottish players still seemed deflated from Scotland going out of the World Cup qualifers but quick burst seen goals from Macauley & Garcia got us on the way and a late strike from Lozano secured a goal from each of my attacking midfielders with Klein rested for the big game with PSV

Champions League Match 5
Aberdeen 3-1 PSV
View attachment 105148
Never in doubt. I've had tougher SPL games than i've had with PSV this season. They even opened the scoring with a o'g as if there own performance was not poor enough

SPFL Table
View attachment 105147
Celtic played a extra game to make the gap seem respectable. If Partick win there game in hand they will be 2nd! Hearts and Hibs tied in 4th with Hearts led by Louis Vaughan looking far more impressive. Bottom 7 cast adrift but you would think if Rangers got a decent manager they may fly up the table. Klein's rest days has contributed to his fall to 3rd in the scoring charts

Late Breaking news
View attachment 105146
Take it away Laura Goodwin :)

If Rangers are to return to the top 6 it wont be with Paul Lambert who was sacked, understandably so after this abysmal start to the season. He worked miracles to bring home the 2017/18 League title in his first full season and kept bringing them into Europe despite lagging behind Celtic & Aberdeen

View attachment 105145

Champions League
View attachment 105144
And it all comes down to 1 night in Turin. I have no hope of top spot with Arsenal playing the pointless PSV its all down to us and the result in this game. We drew 1-1 at Pittodrie so a score draw will be enough to reach the last 16. Defeat and its Europa League

Betfed Cup Final 2021

View attachment 1104142

Celtic vs Aberdeen
View attachment 104691 View attachment 104690
A repeat of last season's final. Will Celtic finally end our unbeaten League cup run?

Formations
View attachment 104689
In a shocking state of affairs i remember to take this picture prior to kick off

Match
Celtic 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 104688
Far from a interesting or even a watchable final that was settle by the only goal of the game from Borja Garia, the oldest player in the team still providing some magic.

My League Cup history
Played 24
Won 24
League Cup Trophy's 6/6

Also must add my apologies that the updates have slowed down. The 50 hour working weeks were taking there tole but now i've got the joint save with Klippy this will get less attention but i have NO PLANS to stop the story

December

A perfect month and a big pile of luck leads to a better than perfect month in the world of the Dons

Rangers have a new manager and i'm scratching my head as to why? Unless they have given up any long term dreams of winning another title ever!
View attachment 104616

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Falkirk
View attachment 104615
This was the template to how the month would be. A 3 goals and a clean sheet

Hearts 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104614
Ok i lied we didnt always keep a clean sheet and in geordie land we needed a 87th minute O'G from Danny Rodgers to win this one.

Champions League Match 6
Juventus 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104613
This was where our champions league campaign was supposed to end for the year but miracles do happen as the following 90 minutes showed. Stalemate in the first half was good but not what we needed. I was looking down on all Juve's key players and hoping to get a lucky break for the first goal before totally shutting up shop and that moment of luck came in teh 51st minute from Lars Skutelis, Klein's back up to most of you. Juve never looked like a team that had a good half hour to save there season and that was decided when one of there better players on the night Jorrit Hendrix scored a O'G to secure our past into the last 16. Only question was did we finish 1st or 2nd. I had given up on top spot due to Arsenal playing PSV but more on that later

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
View attachment 104612
Fresh from a huge night of action in Italy this was yet another potential bannana skin that we got round without much issues. It also clashed with my birthday "in game date" so the least Klien could have done was struck home a 88th minute penalty to get the party started sharpish, Not that there will ever be a birthday party as my Mum banned me from birthday partys after i was a disaster at my 6th party and there was never another one after that, even though that was in 1993!

Dundee 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 104611
This would be the second and last goal we would conceded in January with Macauley becoming worryingly good in front of goal. 4 AM's dont fit into 3

Aberdeen 3-0 Motherwell
View attachment 104610
Top vs Bottom and our 5 back up players had more than enough in the tank to win this

Partick 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 104609
This would usually not get a second thought from me but Partick have been beating all comers this season and despite not having a good squad of good first 11 they seem to be getting results, except for today

Aberdeen 5-0 Raith
View attachment 104608

Aberdeen 6-0 Hamilton
View attachment 104607
Fans get treated to 11 goals in the final two games of the year

SPFL Table
View attachment 104606
After a very busy month in the SPL our gap is at 13 points having only dropped 4 points all season. Celtic are in a lonley 2nd spot with the capital teams fighting for 3rd. Partick may be running out of gas and Rangers under new leadership might have shut me up and the top 6 looks kind of solid already. Motherwell and Inverness are starting too look lonley at the bottom and seem to be the worst two sides in the lead. Klein is back in the golden boot race after getting a few games this month

Champions League Final Group
View attachment 104605
PSV conceded 17 goals in 5 games but today of all days they managed to shut out Arsenal and thanks to away goals in the Arsenal game we win the group

Champions League Last 16 Draw
Chelsea vs Aberdeen
View attachment 104604
It looks bad but then i look at Arsenal and see they drew Barcelona so good draw. The most amazing part of our draw with Chelsea is there manager for the past 4 seasons has be Louie Van Gaal

January

4 Teams as well as Rangers have new managers
View attachment 104484

No manager changes but a divine intervention at Partick
View attachment 104483

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Hibs
View attachment 104482
Klein comes back from the winter break to continue his assault on the clubs all time scoring record

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
View attachment 104481
Klein this week got all 3 to rule out the usual new Rangers manager curse

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Partick 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 104480
Time for the winter break part 2. We will be resting players over the next 3 games with big games & Champions League back next months

Aberdeen 3-1 Inverness CT
View attachment 104479

Raith 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104478
Our back up players did there best to end the winning run but Raith just wanted to loose that bit more and two second half red cards seen them throw away a 1 goal lead

SPFL Table
View attachment 104477
Celtic have competition for 2nd as they fall 18 points behind Aberdeen. Hibs & Hearts are right on there tails. Rangers road to the top 6 is clear as day while Partick begin to fumble. Motherwell look goosed at the bottom with Inverness not much better

Transfer Window

Aberdeen
Two u19s join
View attachment 104476View attachment 104475

Busy window in the sales category we had a busy one. The midfield overload problem is over. We sold Fernando Rey to Barcelona £7.75m and Markus Henriksen to Inter £11.5m will give our youth players a chance as well as getting a great return on players that were rotational. We also sold back up wing back Mario Landi. £3m for a player thats been in the medical room all season is good for me! We also lost u20 RB Ryan Dingwall who i thought was signed up but clearly was not and Man Utd got him for a steal at £575k.

World Transfers
View attachment 104474
PSG need to go away. Now there breaking the £100m mark bringing in Thiago Maia from Barcelona. They then spend £56m on a player we were once in the running for for FREE, Gui! Another crazy transfer with links to me was my Scotland Left Back Andy Robertson joining Chelsea for £28m, possibly reaching £38m One more then our first star midfielder Diego Poyet moved from Germany to Liverpool for £22,5m

SPL transfers
For once it wasnt all about Aberdeen's deal. Rangers managed to spend almost £10m. Where was this money for Paul Lambert? Another piece of good karma involving Aberdeen as a defender we sold to Dundee in the summer for £275k has just joined Man Utd for £5,75m

How are you doing this ? lol I cannot get a decent run going with Rangers in the top league let alone Aberdeen lol. Awesome champions league group win!

How are you doing this ? lol I cannot get a decent run going with Rangers in the top league let alone Aberdeen lol. Awesome champions league group win!

First 3 seasons saw little progress. We were always 2nd at best but eventually Rogers left Celtic and lost all there good players bit by bit, Rangers never improved we got a bit better every year and eventually got enough money and players to be ahead of them. I have to admit the run has taken even me by surprise as the game gets smart to your tactics ect. Thing is except Hibs and Celtic for the most part every team has had a glaring weakness thats made them easy to beat. I expected at some stage either Hibs or the Old Firm would beat me just with the law of averages but so far so good.

February

Klein takes a major Dons record with his 137th league goal against Hearts he is now the clubs record league scorer. He only needs another 25 to overtake King Joe Harper as the clubs all time scorer in all competitions
View attachment 104402

That wasnt the only record going in February. The late equalizer against Celtic equaled the world record for unbeaten league matches then in the final game of the month we broke the world record to move to 107 league games unbeaten. The best ever
View attachment 104401

Fixtures

Falkirk 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 104412

Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts
View attachment 104411

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Hibs 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 104410
Never liked a trip to Easter Road in any form of fiction or reality. Hibs made this uncomfortable but we've made it to the next round

Champions League last 16 1st leg
Chelsea 1-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 104409
This was a crime! I've how this game remained scoreless for the final 88 minutes is one of the great mystery's of this game. We hammered them in the first half but Chelsea had the better of the 2nd half. No away goal is bit of a ball breaker but i have faith that when we get them back to Pittodrie we can knock them out

Celtic 2-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104408
This was a game i worried about. Right after a European game with the world record so close Celtic came closer than anyone to finally beating us at what would have been the most heartbreaking time but someone upstairs was looking down on us and especially Ross Macauley who saved the day. Celtic did manage to protect a record of there own that we were hunting down we were looking for our 16th win in a row but fell well short of Celtic's 25 in a row

107 undefeated record day
Aberdeen 6-0 Dundee
View attachment 104407
Klein got a hattrick but this was not about any single player but a team effort to take a world record to Pittodrie

View attachment 104400

SPFL Table
View attachment 104406
Were top and having our best league season ever. Hearts & Hibs are doing there best to keep up with Celtic for 2nd while Rangers & Partick looking good for top 6. The bottom 2 teams are so bad it will take a miracle for them to move up the table. The golden boot race took a major hit as Griffiths is set to miss a March after missing most of this month with a injury.

Youth Intake
View attachment 104405View attachment 104404View attachment 104403
Ross Douglas looks like class, Two more sign on.

March

5 Games, 5 cleans sheets, 1 League title, 1 ticket to the Champions League Q/F's

Fixtures

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 104294
Back up players get the run out against the worst two teams in the league

Scottish Cup Q/F
Inverness 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104293

Champions League Last 16 2nd leg
Aberdeen 2-0 Chelsea
View attachment 104292
An amazing come back as im sure i predicted in last months write up. Chelsea were not impressive at home so i had a belief that if we should have got a result down in London town then we had a great chance at Pittodrie

Hamilton 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104291
Two early goals set up a title party for another title win

Aberdeen 1-0 Partick
View attachment 104290
There was a worry that a weakened team and the tack of focus with the title being won would lead to a sloppy result but nae danger. Champions League up next

SPFL Table
View attachment 104287
Title is in the bag and Only Hibs can stop Celtic from finishing 2nd. Hearts look vulnerable to Rangers for 4th Partick will finish 6th. Non of the top 3 scorers got a league goal all month

Champions League Q/F Draw
View attachment 104286
There was no easy draw at this stage but the richest team in the game who spend around £100m a window is going to be a challenge.

Just been through it all. Fantastic stuff mate, your home form over the last few years has been remarkable! Good luck against PSG, will be tough.

April & May

As April ended we were left with two dead rubber games so combines the months
The unbeaten run also came to a end so that pushed me over the edge for our most miserable end to a season for a while

Fixtures

Champions League Q/F 1st Leg
PSG 4-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 104122
We were demolished. Dybala had 3 great chances in the first 5 minutes and they continued to bang on the door and the final total of 4 could have been more had they not took there foot off the gas. Klein scored on to give us a reason to got full strength in the 2nd leg

Hibs 1-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 104121
And the record run finally comes to a end after 110 games without defeat the 3rd force in Scottish football with the 2nd best, at worse midfield outplayed us and were totally worthy of ending our record run. Its not all bad however. I can now play some of my u20s for the first time in years without worry of our record winning run ending.

Total domestic unbeaten run
P133 W117 D16 L0

Champions League Q/F 2nd Leg
Aberdeen 1-1 PSG

Agg PSG 5-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104120
A solid performance makes me glad i played a strong side as we go out with pride loosing to that monster of a team

Aberdeen 0-0 Hibs
View attachment 104119
Two games in a row against Hibs that we failed to score

Aberdeen 1-1 Celtic
View attachment 104118
With 5 players trying to earn a spot for next season starting Celtic must have thought this was there best chance to beat us. Wrong!

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 104117
So much for that smugness. Juan Prieto was expected to be starting at CB next season but i'll have a long think about this after his red card led to this defeat against the team i really never want to loose too

Scottish Cup S/F
Dundee 1-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 104116
I was not willing to risk the kids in a cup semi final so played my strongest team and they got a standard performance even with Klein out injured. Celtic await in another final.

Hearts 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 104115
Back to a youthful side and De Preville making what could be his final appearances for the dons got a goal

Partick 2-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 104114
Final game of the season, Should the champions be at home? West coast biased they may be but the SFA cant stop us putting in a 6 goal thriller to celebrate the end of the league season.

SPFL Table
View attachment 104113
Our dire end to the season seen us end shot of 100 points but youth got to play so im not too upset by this. Celtic also finished poorly. Hibs almost caught them finishing 1 point behind Celtic while Rangers, Hearts, Partick & Hamilton were all on there own clear of any other teams. Raith, Falkirk and Dundee did enough to stay out of trouble while a late burst could not keep Inverness from the playoffs while Motherwell got 3 points from 1 win in 2022 they lost ever other game

Scottish Cup Final 2022

View attachment 103790

Aberdeen vs Celtic

View attachment 103789 View attachment 103788

Line ups
View attachment 103786
Celtic have Marco Reus! Wow funny how they almost lost 2nd spot with him

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic
View attachment 103785
Celtic must be taking tips from Klippybo as they injured Lozano while the score was 0-0 and to add insult or should i say injury to injury they broke keeper Ali Msakni's finger with 5 minutes left and no subs left we just had to survive and not let Celtic shoot.

End of Season 2021/22

Scotland

View attachment 103637

A 4th title in a row but this year it was done with less goals and less points after we finally lost a game and played a back up team regularly over the last 10 games maybe harming our legacy but at the same time answered lots of questions going forward about who were going to loan to sell and who were going to ride into the future with. Sadly the unbeaten run is over and it feels like a huge chapter in the save has come to a end. Brexit and odds of reality with Hibs also improving makes that kind of run unlikly but we still have 3 major records to beat. Hearts 132 goals in a season, Celtics 103 points total and Celtics 25 games won in a row streak. I guess we need to make a 4th record. We need to remove Celtic's 9-0 win against Aberdeen from the list as its our one real mark of shame on the all time records page. Celtic had a pretty impressive season with a 79 point haul but only just beat Hibs who i really hope can hold onto there best players as they look set to push Celtic for 2nd as it stands. Rangers might also be in this hunt under new management while Hearts lost all there games after the league broke in half. They simple dont have the squad that the rest of the top 5 have. Partick led the bottom half race for 6th spot. Hamilton had a great first season back in the top flight in 7th and along with Raith, Falkirk & Dundee were never in danger of relegation. Unlike Inverness and Motherwell. They were the worst two sides in the league by a long way and Motherwell look like they need years to improve after a distant 12th place finish. Dundee Utd FINALLY return to the SPL winning the league very comfortably. Morton won the play-offs and are back in the SPL. while way down at the bottom of League 2 Vale of Leithen are relegated go right back to non league football loosing to Montrose returning after 2 years away.

View attachment 103636

David Marshall retires
View attachment 103635

New Stadium
View attachment 103634
Aberdeen have announced plans to build a new stadium. No further details just yet but we'll update you when we have more info. I never requested this as i really wanted to hold on as long as possible to try get the stadium named after me haha

Big League review
View attachment 103633
Barcelona amazingly in there 1st title in this save a point clear of Real Madrid and 4 clear of Athletic all getting hue point totals. Sevilla won the tie breaker with Villarreal to get a champions league spot
Arsenal did the traditional recovery from a terrible season to win the league next time around. Man City went on a great run but fell just short of the title.
Bayern Munich as tradition dictates won the league from Dortmund and Leverkusen, Lewandowski is still winning golden boots
Monaco won the title for a 3rd season in a row. this league is a utter joke however. If you take away the PSG vs Monaco games there season reads

Moanco P36 w35 D1 L0
PSG P36 W32 D2 L2

Aberdeen 2021/22
View attachment 103632
New additions Axel Hock & Thierry Richard both proved to be class players that took us to the next level. Borja Garcia forced his way back into the starting 11. There was an idea of selling Ben Gibson and putting Prieto in as a starting CB but the stats dont lie and Gibson will stay, if he signs a new deal. Roca took Ryan Jacks role as the disappointment of the season but Adam Smith's failure to step and and replace him makes it even more frustrating

Aberdeen Fans player awards
Matthias Klein
View attachment 103631
He also won young player of the year award. Not bad for a 24 year old!

Aberdeen Finances
Final Balance £60,2m = +£20.5m
After making a loss last season getting through the Champions League group and tidying up the finances and sorting out the depth promoting the youth.

Other Competitions

Champions League
Barcelona 0-3 PSG
View attachment 103630
The French champions destroyed Barcelona as if they were, well Aberdeen!

Europa League
Schalke 0-2 Leicester
View attachment 103629
How the world could have been if they had built on there title winning season and kept king Claudio who retired after winning the Europa League.

Scottish Teams in Europe
Aberdeen - Champions League Q/F
Rangers - Europa League Group Phase
Celtic - Europa League Play-Off
Falkirk - Europa League Play-Off
Hibs - Europa League Play Off

European Rankings
View attachment 103628
Aberdeen move up 6 spots with a Q/F run in the champions league. Celtic & Rangers in the top 100 despite neither having a stand out European run.

We Also cracked the top 50 richest clubs in the world, coming in 50th

Awards

SPL Player of the year
Matthias Klein
View attachment 103627
The two top scorer's fought over the golden boot and the Player of the year award, just like the old days

SPL Young Player of the year
Ross Macauley
View attachment 103626
4th season in a row a Aberdeen player takes this award home. Will be hard for him to break into the front 3

SPL Top Scorer
Matthias Klein - 31 goals
View attachment 103625

Scottish team of the year
View attachment 103624
7 player from Aberdeen, 3 from Celtic and for some reason Hibs 3rd best Midfielder.

I'm legit mad we made Europe. We've got a 100% win record at home we're probably gonna lose now lol

Aberdeen dreams

View attachment 103222

This picture came up on my facebook feed from 4 years ago today that i won the champions league with Aberdeen. Obviously the desire to repeat this is what brought me back to this save and as my available time for FM has been cut back recently this reminder is just to let you all know we are far from done with this save!

Pre Season 2022/23

The squad diet of 2022 was a success as we sold off several former u20 players and recycled in a few more We didnt make a single signing for the first team with EU ban putting any plans of a huge u19 intake to rest

Manager Changes
Pepe Guardiola - Spain
Michael Laudrup - France
Guille Barros Schelotto - Argentina
Renat Gaucho - Brazil
Stefano Pioli - Italy
Eugenio Corini - Leicester
Andre- Pierre Gignac - SC Bastia
Roberto Mancini - Arsenal
Hector Cuper - Boca
Antonio Conte - Juventus
Faith Terim - B Mönchengladbach

Busy as always after a major tournament

Season Targets
SPL - Winners
Scottish Cup - Win
League Cup - Win
Champions League - Last 16

We've cut back our squad numbers and kept wage rises to a minimum with only scouting seeing a hike in investment due too the trouble we have getting youngsters into from abroad.

Pre season friendly's
View attachment 103098
The first test of a squad is in pre season and by winning every game convincingly for the first time makes me think this could be our best season!

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 103097
Even money for the Dons. Note the dream 11 is all Dons. After us its Celtic just ahead of big spending Rangers with Hibs right on there tails and hearts with work to do to join the race. Dundee & Falkirk are fancied over last years top 6 team Partick the bottom 4 are expected to fight over the relegation spots

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 103096View attachment 103095View attachment 103093View attachment 103092View attachment 103091View attachment 103090
First of all nobody joins the first team squad so we should be settled right off the bat. after spending £6.5m on u20's

Out
Many of the back ups and beyond were sold off this summer The top 3 players i sold hardly played 70 games between the lot of them. Lars Skutelis was as good as Klein and one of the three main forwards, including Joe Smith had to be sold this summer and Lars was first to request a move which he got to Liverpool. Will gain them a lot more than the £15m he brought to us. Next up is the almost man Daniel Khumalo who looked like a superstar when he signed a few years back but never broke into my top 4 midfielder and moves on without making an appearance. Tom Stephen's bid from Norwich was almost thrown away without a thought till i noticed he's not improved at all in recent times so £4m for a player hardly good enough to be a back up is goo business. Per Hoem was never getting a break from the u20's so again cash for a player that was never going to get a chance is nice. There was long term plans for Peter Kocis & Abe Amiri but both wanted to join bigger teams and they did with decent percentages of there next fee's going to me. Final player leaving was Nicholas De Preville. I kind of did the dirty on him last summer signing him to a 2 year deal just to get a better return selling him now than letting him go for free. Only got £1m but he played a huge roll in our upgrade from title challengers to the best team in the country.

Nicholas De Preville
View attachment 103089
Played 154 Scored 55 Assists 55

World Transfers
View attachment 103088
June was a great month for English teams making deals. Man Utd got £66m for Martial as the two French sides make the biggest deals and Reece Oxford moves up to Leicester

View attachment 103087

July seen PSG for once loose a player as the best striker in the game perhaps Paulo Dybala joins Man City for £92m, a £14m loss for PSG as he reaches his peak playing age. Man City kept the spending going with Raphael Varane joining from Real Madrid who themselves paid £40m for Porto's long time captain Ruben Neves

SPL Transfers
View attachment 103085
Rangers and Celtic both interfere with the usual Aberdeen monopoly at the top. Rangers found £8m from somewhere to spend on championship striker Partick Bamford while Celtic sign German wonderkid Simon Gloger & Hungry's no1 prospect Tibor Molnar. The hoops also signed long time nemesis Jason Cummings from Hibs for £2m and in the most socking Scottish transfer in over 30 years they pick up Barrie McKay on a free from Rangers. Hibs add a host of former number of U21 stars and Joao Teixeira while Hearts sign up a pile of Rangers frindge players.

Squad
View attachment 103084
No change from the squad that ended last season. Gibson & Roca are the players with there spots in danger from Preito & Adam Smith who only miss out from there stats last year despite the coach suggesting there ready to start in there place

Youth team
View attachment 103083
Each position need more depth and a better player, except the AMR where i have the best u20 prospects in the history at the club. typically there in the same position and the same age.

Starting 11
View attachment 103081
As i said above no changes to the usual starting 11 that ended last year but i will be looking to give some of the back up players a chance to win the spots before the season is out.

August

We're going out to beat all the SPL records we can. We make a great start on the goals aspect for one & Klien is back to the form of 2 years ago

Fixtures

Hamilton 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 102721
Klein scored all 3 in a perfect start to the season

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
Aberdeen 4-0 Hamilton
View attachment 102720

Aberdeen 9-0 Partick
View attachment 102719
Urgh we were soooo close to removing the Celtic defeat from the records

Dundee Utd 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 102718
The first New Firm derby in the save. How it took 6 years is beyond me but United are here at last. hopefully they can save.

Hearts 1-5 Aberdeen
View attachment 102717
Took Klein almost the full game to score a goal lucky we already had 4 by then.

SPFL Table
View attachment 102716
Perfect start as ourselves & Hibs are perfect with Celtic, Morton & Rangers also making great starts. For the other records in the goals 20 goals down 113 to go.

Champions League Draw
View attachment 102715
Not a group of death but still hard to see a way past the best The best Spanish side during the save or Arsenal the English championships

August Transfer Window

Aberdeen
All we did was loan out a handful of back up players needing experience.

World Transfers
View attachment 102714
Bruma for nearly £50m!!! Jeez the best player transfered was Javier Arrondo to oh shock PSG. Former Don Fernando Rey moves to Bilbao.

SPL Transfers
View attachment 102713
Rangers sell a center back to sign a old Don Emir Dilaver. Another former player Craig Storie moves to Raith. Dundee Utd & Hearts were the busiest teams loaning players from England

McKay to Celtic is horrid!!! hopefully you can get a decent run in the champions league this season! you were right about the 3rd season syndrome I finally won the league (& treble) with Rangers, after a huge clear out the 3rd season was the one where it all changed!

Back