Aberdeen Back where it all began

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 595
  • Views Views 176K
I must come away from the save for a moment to say what a performance the real life Aberdeen at Hampden today. So unlucky to have lost to a 90th minute goal after being the better team for 70 minutes in what was one of the best Scottish finals in years.

Last edited:

End of Season

We went into the final game needing to win and score 4 goals. Needless to say you know this is going to turn out

Fixtures

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 92996
Second dropped points of the season as Rangers do there best to try and keep there most wins in a season to themselves

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 92995

Aberdeen 7-2 Hearts
View attachment 92994
Here's the hope that will kill us in the race to 133 goals.

Scottish Cup Semi Final
Aberdeen 5-0 Alloa
View attachment 92993
All the goals in the second half to set up a final with Morton

Aberdeen 3-0 Falkirk
View attachment 92992
We must beat Celtic to be the first team to ever win 36 SPL games in a season and then score 4 goals to beat Hearts 132 goals record

Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 92991
And of course we did neither. This and the Man City game has been heartbreaking. We are so close but so far to the 3 things i want most. SPL record wins & goals and a Champions League title.

Final SPFL Table
View attachment 92990

End of Season 2025/26

Scotland
View attachment 92822
108 points is a new league record. 130 goals is as close as you could get to Hearts record but never mind. Next year we'll have to try and win 1 more game and score 3 more goals. 35 points behind was Rangers comfortably in 2nd spot as Hibs in 3rd finish a point clear of Celtic in 4th, a point clear of Hearts in 5th. Falkirk finished 6th on points, great job by them. Dundee, Morton and Raith finished the season strong a long way clear of the bottom 3. Forfar pulled clear of the bottom two with Motherwell suffering immediate relegation finishing 15 goals behind after they tied on points with St Mirren who go to the play offs..

Updated League goals still on the to do list
Celtic's 25 games won in a row
Hearts 132 goals
Rangers & Aberdeen's tied league record 35 wins
Biggest League Win Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen

SPL Play-Off
St Mirren 3-2 Partick
View attachment 92821
A stunning 2nd leg comeback keeps St Mirren in the top flight

Sco lower league
Dundee Utd return to the championship while East Kilbride beat Albion in the League 2 Play off to finally get a crack at league football.

One Scottish team did take home some European silverware
Aberdeen u20s
View attachment 92820

Big League review
View attachment 92819
Man Utd win the Premiership, yay!!!
Real Madrid hold off a late charge by Atletico for the Spanish title
Napoli retained the title and made it 5 seasons since Juventus held the title
Leverkusen keep Bayern from the German title and are miles clear of the rest.

Surprise of the save is Louie Van Gaal. His near decade at Chelsea ends as he retires at 74 years young
View attachment 92818

Aberdeen
View attachment 92817
Axel Hock and Jose Henrique fought it out over player of the year with Klein having a average season by his standards. Juan Pesce is the stand out new player from the team, pushing Pajic back onto the bench.

Aberdeen Fans player awards
Axel Hock
View attachment 92816
Feel sorry for Henrique not getting into the top 3. Goal of the season winner Redaelli got the award with his only goal of the season.

Aberdeen Finances
£58m -£3m
View attachment 92815
Not a shock that with all the wages we were paying last year as well as the transfers and sign on fees that we overspent. Were outside Financial fair play but that should be sorted early on in the summer.

Other Competitions

Champions League
Barcelona 1-0 Tottenham
View attachment 92814
The only team to beat us twice this season won it all

Europa League
Leverkusen 2-2 Lyon - Lyon win on Pens
View attachment 92813

Scottish Teams in Europe
Aberdeen - Champions League Q/F
Rangers - Europa League Last 16
Celtic - Europa League Last 32
Hibs - Europa League Group
Raith - Europa League Play-Off

European Rankings
View attachment 92812
5 seasons in a row of last 16 in the Champions League see us make a huge jump to the 12 spot in Europes top teams. Rangers crack the top 50 with Hibs & Celtic the only other teams in the top 100

Awards

SPL Player of the year
Nicolas Viscovich
View attachment 92811
Finally a 2nd striker i can rely on. Nice hairline for 23 too

SPL Young Player of the year
Roman Knobloch
View attachment 92810
Not bad for a player i only discovered due to his hilarious name. 8th Aberdeen winner in a row.

SPL Top Scorer
Matthias Klein
View attachment 92809
Klien takes his 7th golden boot. This time only thanks to the amount of games he missed.

Scottish team of the year
View attachment 92808
We get 7 players after 35 wins. sure!

Scotland World Cup 2026

View attachment 92703

The Squad
View attachment 92702
View attachment 92701
The biggest story is our country's best player Ben McIlroy fresh from a £26m move to Man City misses the tournament with a damaged hip. Veteran wing backs Callum Paterson, Andrew Robertson and Oli Burke who have been here from that start might be looking at there last major competition with the spine of the team featuring Aberdeen players Dickson, Smith, Neil, Frizzell i should know what to expect from them. Very little has changed in this team in the past 18 months so i expect our best showing so far in major tournament

Warm Up Games

Scotland 4-1 Paraguay
View attachment 92700
Scotland 2-0 Venezuela
View attachment 92699

Two easy wins against the South Americans to boost morale and match fitness

World Cup Group Phase

Match 1
Scotland 3-1 Ghana
View attachment 92569
A very confident start as we waltz into a 3 goal lead. very comfortable and even let some of the players get there feet up at the end

Match 2
Costa Rica 1-1 Scotland
View attachment 92568
Not as bad as our clash in 1990 but it could turn out to be as fatal. We put in an abysmal performance despite taking a early lead thanks to a Adam Frizzell goal. We hardly looked like getting a 2nd and it was Costa Rica who Scored with 20 minutes to go. A red card each right afterwards ended the contest meaning we'll need a result against Chile to make sure we reach the last 16

Match 3
Chile 1-2 Scotland
View attachment 92567
A far better display that was more in keeping with our last 18 months. We kicked off on a mission with Martin Neil scoring in the 2nd minute and Oli Burke making it two before half a hour was played. Erick Carrasco made a game of it pulling one back right on half time but even after loosing a center back to another red card we held on this time to secure top spot and a place in the last 16

Table
View attachment 92566

Last 16 Draw
Scotland vs Belgium
View attachment 92565
We beat them twice in qualifying so why not again? We did end up in the tough side of the draw although if we can finally win our first knock out match we could have a run to the final through Switzerland > Austria, thats a far out dream at this point however.

World Cup Last 16

View attachment 92561

Scotland vs Belgium
View attachment 92560

Scotland 4-3 Belgium
View attachment 92559
A save defining match in Hamilton Canada of all places. Two goals in a minute from Glenn Middleton & Adam Frizzell had us as usual ahead of Belgium. There new sensation up front Umit Olmez got his first goal going into the break to give Belgium hope. Not for long though as Ross Douglas making his first start at the World Cup made it 3-1. However Olmez once again dragged Belgium back into it before missing a few more chances sub Andy Maclennan makes it 4-2 to Scotland. We closed out the game comfortably enough despite Olmez completing his hattick right at the death it was too little to late and for the first time ever Scotland are in a Quarter final

Results
View attachment 92558
The biggest upset would be Chilie knocking out Holland and they play fellow underdogs Brazil who beat the defending champions on penaltys. Safe to say no mega powers are playing each other at the quarter finals.

World Cup Quarter Final

View attachment 92552

Scotland vs Portugal
View attachment 92549

Scotland 2-0 Portugal
View attachment 92547
Our miracle run in this competition goes all the way to the Semi Final's! We had the better of the early going and took our chance with MOTM Oliver Burke scoring his 3rd goal of the competition. Portugal still never looked threatening as the first half came to a close Jack Connolly doubled our lead. At half time we put 2 more players in a defensive role to lock out Portugal in the 2nd half but the expected onslaught never really came. They did have the better of the 2nd half as you would expect but they never managed to break down our rock solid defense.

All Results

Semi Finals
France Vs Scotland

France ended the hopes of a auld enemy Semi Final with a 1-0 win. Spain beat Croatia and Brazil beat Chile quite comfortably to set up the other semi finals

World Cup Semi Final

View attachment 92544

France vs Scotland
View attachment 92543

France 1-1 Scotland AET
France 4-1 Scotland pens
View attachment 92542
And that my friend is as close as you could ever get to appearing in a world cup final. France took the lead and when John McGinn got a red car i believed that was that but right away Ross Douglas equalised right on the half time whistle. Except for 6 booking little happened in the 2nd half or for that point in extra time either so it all came down to penaltys. My penalty takers were awful as there stats suggested. We missed 2 as France scored all 4. We still havea chance to finish 3rd against either Spain or Brazil.

All Results

The World Cup Final

View attachment 92517

France 0-1 Brazil
View attachment 92516
The Brazilian's get revenge 20 years on from Ronaldo's nightmare final ending a 24 year gap between South American winners, the longest ever.

3rd Place match

View attachment 92514
This is what everyone was really interested in however

Scotland 3-1 Spain
View attachment 92515

Spain played a pretty strong side but we went full force, with Aberdeen players getting rested or starting action as required. To get 3rd spot we had to fight from behind after Santi Mina gave the Spanish the lead. A second Spanish player scored but Amo's strike was in the wrong net and we found ourselves ahead when Frizzell scored right on half time. Another Don Ross Douglas made it 3 to secure our place in history.

And there it is
View attachment 92512

We also end the competition ranked 4th in the world

View attachment 92513

Pre Season 2026/27

A new dawn at a new stadium
View attachment 92483

Opposite of last year in the transfer window as so many players come back from great performances on loan

Manager Changes
Jorge Jesus - Chelsea
Stefan Kuntz - Red Bull Leipzig
Massimo Allegri - Benfica
Robert Ruth - Freiburg
Jan Jansen "Danny Blind" - Southampton
Roy Beerens - Southampton
Peter Bosz - Holland
Jorge Sampaoli - Argentina
Rui Vitoria - Portugal
Marcel Heller - Germany

Season Targets
SPL - Winners
Scottish Cup - Win
League Cup - Win
Champions League - Quarter Finals

We managed it last year. I now expect the same

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 92482
Odds are at an all time low. Even money for Aberdeen to take the title. Nothing splits Celtic, Rangers & Hibs. At the other end new guys Hamilton, Forfar & St Mirren are the favorites to go down.

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 92481

IN

4 players join the u20s team. Still working on a few more.
View attachment 92480View attachment 92479View attachment 92478View attachment 92476

Out
We loose our compulsory starting player in Roger Martinez. we more than doubled our money in a season. he was our best defender but with Gonzalez & Diallo returning from loans we have more than enough cover at center back. The deal to send Loukas Papadimitriu to Liverpool was done last season. My first career player to be moved on is Callum Dickson. He never recovered from a injury that took him out for 6 months so i was planning to move him on this summer and Newcastle came calling and i was very happy to get £10m for a player that is now past his best. Anthony Redaelli is the last player leaving my first team. Another man i was ready to make profit off after a season backing up my main 4 midfielders Real Madrid came from nowhere with £4m and future fee's so rather than taking a chance on getting better offers i took this one. Martin Morf, John Megginson, konstantin Vetter, Serge Aubame, Chris Mitchell, Alex Donald, Ryan Brewer & Kristian Yuli serve as a warning that not every youth player turns into gold but if these 8 players can go on to do something with there careers then i've got 30-50% of there future fee's in there contracts.

Callum Dickson
View attachment 92475
334 games in 9 seasons with a average rating of 7.40 and spending 3 seasons as club captain.

World Transfers

June
View attachment 92474
PSG and Tottenham try to rebuild after poor seasons

July
View attachment 92473
Much more from PSG as they pull in over £100m profit. My favorite player from the World Cup Landry Blanc (L Blanc) the French center back joining Madrid

SPL Transfers
View attachment 92472
Celtic make a huge move buying Joe Page that could cost them £10m. So they sell 4 of there best players to fund it. This had better work for Paul Hartley's job security. Rangers make more low key signings

Squad
View attachment 92471
Minimal changes from last season as things stand. Gonzalez will get the starter job the rest is kinda how we finished last season.

Youth team
View attachment 92470
Marius Gunciu joins and is immediately our greatest prospect. No 5* potentials though

August

The Dons make there most dominant start to a season by a long way

Fixtures

Dundee 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 92435

Betfred Cup 2nd round
Partick 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 92434

Aberdeen 6-0 Forfar
View attachment 92433

Falkirk 0-6 Aberdeen
View attachment 92432

Aberdeen 7-0 Hearts
View attachment 92431

SPFL Table
View attachment 92430
4 games 23 goals scored 4 clean sheets. Celtic & Rangers follow us up.

Champions League Draw
View attachment 92429
Man Utd should be the only side close to challenging us for top spot.

August Transfers

World
View attachment 92428

SPL
View attachment 92426
Hibs spend £3.5m to bring Jai Quitongo back to the SPL. Man Utd buy the best Scottish prospect "Brian Ferry" from Celtic who sign a former Man Utd youth prodigy Adnan Janazaj

Aberdeen

IN
One youth player
View attachment 92423

Out
Three top players leave the club. The stand out player is Adam Frizzell. I had no plans to sell a player we've had for almost the whole save but with first team spaces running out he demanded a move and nothing i said would change his mind so he joined West Ham for a total fee of only £7m Next up was Nikola Pajic. With Pesce becoming the starting MR and big clubs fishing around Pajic i took this chance to make £30m from a player that was good but only a back up. Same story goes for Matej Stork. I had planned to use him in the first team this season but with Douglas and Klein in his way chances were rare so a £30m cheque for a player that was only ever going to be 2nd or 3rd choice is a good days work.

Adam Frizzell
P341 Goals 107 asst 97
View attachment 92422

Scotland

European League Match 1
Spain 1-2 Scotland
View attachment 92421
A repeat of our 3rd place play off from 2 months ago. This time the winning goal came from a former Aberdeen player Joel Gomez

Friendly
Scotland 1-2 Brazil
View attachment 92420
For a long time it looked like we were set to stun the World champions until Real Madrid's star forward Rafael Correa scored 2 goals in 5 minutes to end our amazing 24 game unbeaten run.

Table
View attachment 92419
Enjoy the moment my fellow scots

Autumn part 1

We reach my 700th game in charge
View attachment 92340

Were into October and and still won every game.

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic
View attachment 92339
Our first challenge of the season and despite the win i cant see us matching last seasons efforts.

Champions League Match 1
Club Brugge 1-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 92338

Morton 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 92337

Betfred Cup Q/F
St Mirren 2-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 92336

Aberdeen 2-0 Hamilton
View attachment 92335

Champions League Match 2
Aberdeen 5-0 Olympiakos
View attachment 92334

Raith 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 92333

SPFL Table
View attachment 92332
With the rest of the league failing to kick on we've moved 9 points clear with 8 wins in a row. Rangers and Celtic are next up with Morton and Falkirk up next. Hearts are only 6th and Hibs way back in 8th

Champions League
View attachment 92331
Match 1 went as expected but a huge shock in match day 2 as Man Utd are held to a goaless draw at home to Brugge giving us the sole lead at the top of the table going into back to back games with United.

Scotland

European League Match 2
Scotland 1-1 Italy
View attachment 92330
Urgh we led the Italians for so long but just couldnt find the killer touch and Domenico Berardi made us pay and with it saved there campaign.

European League Match 3
Scotland 5-2 Spain
View attachment 92329
Big wins and shock results has been the story of the year but this was simply a majestic display

All this means if Italy fail to beat Spain there next game we'll win A league group

View attachment 92328

If you hit all of your objectives with Aberdeen are you going to consider doing something similar to your "Saving the Scottish Game" story from a couple of years ago and switch clubs to try and make the SPL one of the top leagues and have multiple European contenders? Could be more interesting for you than just winning 6-0 every week haha

If you hit all of your objectives with Aberdeen are you going to consider doing something similar to your "Saving the Scottish Game" story from a couple of years ago and switch clubs to try and make the SPL one of the top leagues and have multiple European contenders? Could be more interesting for you than just winning 6-0 every week haha

I really dont know. It is getting a bit boring with the SPL. Will just take it summer by summer see how i feel. The problem i have with switching teams is that its all regens now where as last year there was still current players i knew but still we'll see how it goes.

Autumn 2

The perfect season dream is over after a draw at Hibs but back to back wins against Man Utd secures top spot in the Champions League Group with 2 games to spare

Fixtures

St Mirren 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 92111

Champions League Match 4
Man Utd 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 92110
A stunning result against the English champions. We had to fight to overcome several obstacles first we lost Viscovich in the first few minutes and fell a goal behind as Goretzka. However without Klein Ross Douglas has been doing a rare job leading the front line and goals either side of half time put us in great shape for qualifying

Betfred Cup S/F
Aberdeen 5-1 Forfar
View attachment 92109
We drub the league's bottom team and Morton stun Celtic to set up a repeat of last years Scottish cup final

View attachment 92108

Aberdeen 0-0 Hibs
View attachment 92107
We can only drop points twice this season and to do it against 1 a under performing Hibs team 2 With a strong team that had nobody rested or tired from a recent European game makes this our worst dropped points in the past two seasons.

Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers
View attachment 92106
At least we recovered to beat this scum bunch. No Ryan "Union" Jack here

Champions League Match 4
Aberdeen 2-1 Man Utd
View attachment 92105
Our biggest European night in the new stadium and that fans got exactly what they wanted. Winning would have been enough but we put on a show against Man Utd who only got a late consolation.

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee
View attachment 92104

SPFL Table
View attachment 92103
11 wins, 11 clean sheets and a 10 point gap. Highlight of this month is Rangers falling to pieces. as Celtic and Hearts move clear in the fight for 2nd and are followed by Morton. Hibs still outside the top 6. Any of the teams bellow them could find themselves in relegation trouble. On the goals scoring front we have only scored 40 goals at this stage that leaves us behind the target of 50 goals i need from the first 2/3s of the season to have a run at the 132 goal record.

Champions League
View attachment 92102
Top spot locked down we'll be playing a few more kids but the £1m bonus for a win will see us prioritising wins over experience. Bottom two teams have yet to find a win between them.

Scotland

European League Match 4
Italy 0-1 Scotland
View attachment 92100
The big one. We had to avoid defeat and we'll play in the Semi Finals next summer, Not what you need in the middle of trying to qualify for the Euro's

Friendly
Turkey 4-0 Scotland
View attachment 92099
Went all in on the back up players and there is the gulf between our 1st team and the rest.

Final European League table
View attachment 92098
Germany, France and England will join us in the Semi Final Draw

Clearly the world rankings were sorted before the Turkey match
View attachment 92097

December

Fixtures

Forfar 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 92041
We conceded our 2nd goal of the season and its a o'g on our part

Champions League Match 5
Aberdeen 3-0 Club Brugge
View attachment 92040

Hearts 0-7 Aberdeen
View attachment 92039

Aberdeen 6-1 Morton
View attachment 92038

Champions League Match 6
Olympiakos 2-5 Aberdeen
View attachment 92037
Young and back up players secure 6 wins from 6 for the first time

Hamilton 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 92036

Celtic 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 92035

Aberdeen 5-0 Raith
View attachment 92034

Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 92033

Rangers 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 92032
This was as close to dropping a point as i could handle. Rangers kept us at bay all the way till 92nd minute when Pesce took his chance

Aberdeen 9-0 St Mirren
View attachment 92031
When you go in at the break 7 goals clear you know this is your best chance ever to beat Celtic's record win and when you reach 9-0 with 30 minutes to go you are certain the record will fall but no! WE went all out attack for the last 15 minutes as we put on fresh legs on either wing but the elusive 10th goal never came.

SPFL Table
View attachment 92028The league is getting exciting 20 points behind us. Celtic, Hearts and Rangers are all tied on 41 points. Morton, Hibs and Falkirk are set to fight for 5th and 6th spot. At the other end Forfar are getting lost at the bottom 7 points adrift of St Mirren & Dundee.

Champions League
View attachment 92030

6 wins from 6 as we waltz to top spot

Champions League last 16 Draw
Leverkusen vs Aberdeen

View attachment 92029

We've had the Germans number over the past few seasons so happy enough with that draw.

January

6 months after opening demand has been so high at our new stadium that the board has agreed to chuck in another 2000 seats. We are also improving the training facilities so hopefully we'll stop the drop off on stats at the end of the seasons.

View attachment 92005

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 Falkirk
View attachment 92006

Dundee 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 92004

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 1-1 St Mirren
View attachment 92003
I played more youths than usual and it cost us our winning run in all competitions but gives the youths a extra game

Falkirk 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 92002

Aberdeen 8-0 Forfar
View attachment 92001
Once again we come so close to the record but leave 2 goals short

SPFL Table
View attachment 92000
Hibs were the form team in the new year as Neil Lennon fights for his job as they and Morton close the gap in the race for 2nd. Unless they collapse they should be good for a top 6 finish. Only a great run from Falkirk and Raith 9 points back could get involved while Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren should fight over 11th but Forfar's 3 season run in the top flight is in serious jeopardy

Speaking of Forfar and Dundee they both change managers as Dundee give Craig Mackail Smith his first permanent managers job.

View attachment 91999

Transfer Window

World transfers
View attachment 91998
Few big money moves around the world. The fact we bought a u20 player and he is 8th on the list

SPL Transfers
View attachment 91997
Celtic and Hearts buy a exciting youngster each

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 91996View attachment 91995View attachment 91994View attachment 91993View attachment 91992
5 under 20's join, 1 leaves and a pile of youth go out on loan.

February

ST Mirren shock us in the Scottish Cup as we loose on penalty's once again. Of our 6 eliminations in 10 years from domestic cups this is the 4th time we've lost on penalty's

In the league Klein is back and goes right to the top of the scoring charts

Fixtures

Scottish Cup 4th Round replay
St Mirren 1-1 Aberdeen
St Mirren win 7-6 on pens
View attachment 91982

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
View attachment 91981

Morton 0-5 Aberdeen
View attachment 91980

Champions League last 16 1st leg
Leverkusen 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 91979
All the hard works done so the 2nd leg should be far less stressful

Aberdeen 5-0 Celtic
View attachment 91978

Raith 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 91977

Champions League last 16 2nd leg
Aberdeen 2-0 Leverkusen
Aberdeen 5-0 Leverkusen agg
View attachment 91976

SPFL Table
View attachment 91975
Title was tied up after 27 games so lets check over my targets

Season Goal total

We have 9 games to score 17 goals to break the goals in a season record. Surely this time we'll do that.

Win record
Were on a 19 game winning run and will not get a better chance to set a record than this season. 7 more wins to beat Celtic's record

Biggest league win
We've tied it but that means nothing

Wins in a season
This is a tricky one. We can drop points once and once only. This will tie in with the Winning run record

Champions League Last 16 results
View attachment 91974
Real & Atletico join Man City in making early exit. Roma and Napoli would be the tie's everyone wants. Barca is the one to avoid

Quarter Final Draw
Roma vs Aberdeen
View attachment 91973
Felt really good about this till i looked at the Serie A table

Scotland Euro Qualifiers

The Group
View attachment 91972
Quite a tough draw for no1 seeds. Except for Luxembourg any of these teams can cause me problems.

Euro Qualifiers
Slovenia 0-2 Scotland
View attachment 91971
One of the bannana skin games out of the way

Euro Qualifiers
Scotland 8-0 Luxembourg
View attachment 91970

Back