What an intense final day of the season! Usually Rangers come out on top of a Helicopter sunday! I noticed they only had Wes Fod as the remaining player of the current regime to start against you lol.

Good luck tough ask to hope both the OF lose.

What an intense final day of the season! Usually Rangers come out on top of a Helicopter sunday! I noticed they only had Wes Fod as the remaining player of the current regime to start against you lol.

Good luck tough ask to hope both the OF lose.

Jeez! I never noticed that there turnover had been so big in less than 2 years. I thought we wer bad!

Final Day

Aberdeen 2-1 Dundee
We did our bit. What about the Old Firm?View attachment 114329

View attachment 113961
Thanks Celtic. We made the best of a bad situation and sneak into a champions league spot. That was the target for this season but i had no plans to finish behind Rangers who i think surprised us all. Celtic's side never recovered from selling all there players and the question is will Rodgers be around to work on rebuilding the squad for next season.

While at the other end ICT finish 11th

Last edited:
Sorry I'm celebrating the Rangers win lol, Told you helicopter Sunday usually ends up in direction of Govan lol, You must be aiming to win the league next season and hopefully grab a group stage spot which will be tricky.

Great european run but looks like it cost you the title. Very close though and i'm sure after the euro run, with your newly improved reputation you can sign one or two new players of higher quality and push on next season and win the league

enjoying following this. agree with neavie about the benefit of the euro run vs how it cost you in the league. a few years back I would always do a hibs save and I found that sacrificing the league for the sake of a good Europa league run normally paid dividends in the long run thanks to the money!

Sorry I'm celebrating the Rangers win lol, Told you helicopter Sunday usually ends up in direction of Govan lol

Your so close to getting blocked haha. Rangers winning the title is the absolute pits! Disaster for us up north.

Agree with Neavie & Battman. I think it was over £2.5m in prize money alone never mind the 3 games we sold out Pittodrie for. Early days of the transfer window suggests that if better players are interesting there asking for money thats about double of what we can afford

Scottish Cup Final 2017/18

View attachment 114164

Aberdeen Vs Falkirk
View attachment 114163 View attachment 114162

Formations
View attachment 114161
Big job for Austin up top as they look to copy Rangers everyone behind the ball tactic. Still cant be mad at any team playing CM legend Mark Kerr. Only player missing from there strongest 11 is Bob McHugh. In the build up to this gme we lost a 3rd starting defender as Callum Paterson gives our world cup squad a scare joining O'Conner and Zanev by missing the final game of the year.

Aberdeen 4-0 Falkirk
View attachment 114160
Hard to think of when we had a more dominant win all season. Shame we came on strong 2 weeks later than required to win the treble. Still a nice end to a very fun season.

End Of Season 2017/18 Review

Scotland
View attachment 113966

Rangers defense helped turn there mediocre 1st season to history as they win there first title in 7 seasons. Celtic can consider 3 a disaster as was there last month of the season. They were worse than us and thats saying something. After a stunning start to the season where we were quickly 8 points clear failing to win the League is very disappointing. The end of season form proves my thought that the Europa League played havoc and without that run we'd have won the league but i would not trade that first Europa run for the world, just need a stronger team to try do it again next season. We got 75 points, 2 more than last year and lost 9 games again so no progression at all really. Hearts & Dundee secure the Europa League spots. Inverness finished 11th after a season long battle while St Johnstone were as bad as they looked.

View attachment 1093686
Championship winner Raith join the top flight next season. Livingston & Morton swap with Alloa & Ayr in League 1, Cowdenbeath & Stirling go up and replace Queens Park & Albion Rovers go down to League 2. Hawick RA lost there relegation play off to highland league side Brora so we have another team from the north in the leagues.

Big 4 league review
View attachment 114035
Real Madrid just sneaked by defending champions Atletico Madrid to win La Liga. Barcelona were in the fight this year just behind. A further 20 points back Valencia got 4th spot 1 point ahead of Villareal
Arsenal won the league with 90 points comfortably clear of the Manchester teams. Chelsea beat Tottenham to 4th by a point and Leicester are in Europe once again finishing 7th. Crystal Palace & Middlesbrough and last years Championship winners Derby go down. Newcastle finish in the top 10.
Bayern by a miles once again. Dortmund, Leverkusen & Schalke in the champions league
Wow a sudden change of the guard in Italy. Roma & Napoli finish ahead of Juventus in the title race. Juve finished 2 goals clear of Inter to sneak into next years Champions League. Wonder where we would finish in this league???

Early Summer Manager Changes
Lee Clark - Dundee Utd
Allan Johnston - Ross County

With the world cup i expect lots of changes on the other side of the summer

Aberdeen 2017/18
View attachment 114034
Emir Dilaver outplayed big money replacement Callum Paterson but neither wing back was as good as the player they replaced sadly. Money was the winner over club success. Shinnie not so much but i never appreciated Shay Logan for behind as good in FM as he was. McGinn and Rooney reach important stages of there careers at Pittodrie this summer. McGinn enters his last year of his contract at 30 years old i will accept any decent offers if they come early in the window and if his contract demands are too much he could end up on the transfer list. Rooneys situation is not as desperate. He has another year on his contract but again i'd listen to the right offers. Mathoho brought the composure i expected at the back. We just need a long term partner. Might come from the u20's but time will tell. If Hernani will be a star if he can learn how to stay fit.

Aberdeen Fans player if the year
Niall McGinn
View attachment 113965
12 months left on his contract. Will we loose our fans player of the year for the second season in a row?

Aberdeen Finances
Final balance £9,7m +£7m
View attachment 114033
Great financial figures thanks to our European run.

Other Competitions

Champions League
Barcelona 2-1 Ath Madrid
View attachment 114032
A repeat of last years final and a repeat result as Barcelona become the first team to retain the Champions League

Europa League
Liverpool 2-1 AC Milan
View attachment 114031
Nice to know we lost the eventual champions again! They were not without there luck with AC Milan playing over a hour with 10 men.

Scottish teams in Europe 2016/17
Celtic - Champions League group phase
Aberdeen - Europa League Quarter Finals
Rangers - Europa League Play off
Dundee - Europa League Play off

Aberdeen rating in the European game improves again from 165th
View attachment 114026

Awards

SPL Player of the year
Moussa Dembele
View attachment 114030
First of the three big awards that all came his way.

SPL Young Player of the year
Moussa Dembele
View attachment 114029

SPL Top Scorer
Moussa Dembele
View attachment 114028
Can thank Rooney for having such a sub standard season up front. History proved Rooney never wins this back to back.

Scottish team of the year
View attachment 114027
GK Jordan Archer is the only player that makes the squad. A fall from last years 5 to say the least.

Last edited:

Crash

Tonight i had the misfortune of the save crashing at possibly the worst time as i finished my World Cup group

View attachment 113970

Last save point was the end of April just a few days before the final game. I thought its only fair that i save before the major events, Thankfully Rangers won the title, Liverpool the Europa League and Barcelona the Champions League.

Two things have changed for the original post which is now updated

SPL
View attachment 113968
Inverness finished in 11th and kept there SPL spot in the play off

Fans player of the year
Niall McGinn
View attachment 113967

Nasty you lost the save, pity you never went on to win the league although you would have probably felt annoyed and not deserving of it lol!

Strange how Celtic dominated team of the year yet finished 3rd in the league!

Nasty you lost the save, pity you never went on to win the league although you would have probably felt annoyed and not deserving of it lol!

Strange how Celtic dominated team of the year yet finished 3rd in the league!

I would have just reloaded it till the top 3 finished the same way. Everything else is not majorly important in the long run. Killie fans have a right to be angry but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Celtic finished the season loosing 2-1 to Rangers, 5-1 to us and a draw at Hearts. Not to mention the thrashing we gave the in the cup. They've just been abysmal in the transfer windows.

Scotland World Cup 2018

View attachment 113556

Add a Dundee Utd legend as a coach
Sad that i remember watching him play and here he is 55!
View attachment 113555

The Squad
View attachment 113554
Back up player Russell Martin is the biggest player were missing. James McArthur and Ross McCormack fought back from season long injurys to get back in the team. Craig Gordon's finished after last year s injury leaving Marshall as the clear No1. Berra hold on to his spot for one last tournament. Maybe. The other 3 have long futures in the defense. At 34 nobody deserves this more than Darren Fletcher. Front 3 have been the same for most of the qualifying campaign and all are in the prime of there career

Warm up games

Serbia 2-1 Scotland
View attachment 113553
Not the result the team needed in what was supposed to be a confidence building warm up game

Honduras 1-3 Scotland
View attachment 113552
Again not the result we were looking for. Injurs to both wing backs didnt help our cause with the competition kick off just days away

Just a reminder of the teams that await us
View attachment 113551

Tragedy is this guys retired
[video=youtube;FWfRQDIEXxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWfRQDIEXxc[/video]

World Cup Group Phase

Match 1
Scotland 2-1 Egypt
View attachment 113501
After our pre crash game i even considered playing back up players but with match fitness a issue i went four our best team. Our best was not enough in the first half as it was coming to a close the Africans took the lead through Ramadan Sobhi gave them a shock first half lead. WE had a far more attacking look in the second half that gave more chances to both teams but it was man of the match to be Chris Berra who headed home the equalizing goal before Matt Ritchie gave us a lead we were never to loose. We did however loose big game player Robert Snodgrass for the rest of the tournament with a hamstring injury

Belgium found it quite easy going against the USA who we face next.
View attachment 113500

Match 2
USA 3-4 Scotland
View attachment 113499
This must be a shout for game of the tournament. It all began in the 3rd minute with Ross McCormacks push for the golden boot began and he doubled his total just after the half hour. The American's couldnt keep up with us. The very American sounding Aron Johannsson pulled one back before Emerson Hyndman who played against us for St Etienne last year equalized in first half stoppage time. Ross McCormack chose the 52nd minute to become the first player not called Steven Fletcher to score a hat-trick since 1969 With the game back and forth our normal lead forward Leigh Griffiths got his first of the competition to make the game safe before captain Michael Bradley made the last 5 minutes nervous.

Two stoppage time goals for Belgium secured both of our places in the last 16 where we will play either Spain or Brazil. Pick your poison!
View attachment 113498

Match 3
Belgium 1-0 Scotland
View attachment 113497
I would never put out a team too loose but with Berra banned and fitness a bit of a issue i decided to rest players as much as possible and the way it worked out from the Starting 11 if i subbed on Scott Bain then all my 23 man squad will have seen some deserved game time. With all that in mind the performance against one of the best teams in the world is not much of a shock. Crystal Palace's Benteke scored the only goal of the game.

My favorite American player scored the only goal in there game to lock down 3rd place for America.
View attachment 113496

No massive shocks as Russia in there home competition, Uruguay and USA were the biggest sides going home early.
View attachment 113495
View attachment 113494

Second Round Draw
Spain vs Scotland
View attachment 113493
So there's our route to the final. Spain>Portugal>England. Could argue that only the Columbia v Croatia game lacks a huge name. Italy vs England, and seems a bit early in the competition for Argentina vs France

World Cup 2nd Round
View attachment 1094339

Spain vs Scotland
View attachment 113471 View attachment 113470

Our teams shape up quite similar except Spain clearly use Busquets to man mark Ross McCormack after his hat-trick against the USA. Alba as a left forward though???
View attachment 113469

Spain 2-0 Scotland
View attachment 113468
Dont let the stats fool you. Spain whooped us in the first half and at 2-0 up they had kept us to 1 shot off target. They clearly relaxed in a second half we bossed but could not score. It seemed every 10 minutes De Gea was turning a Matt Ritchie effort over the bar. So the dream is over but getting this far is beyond what i and the nation expected. It was a tough road through a qualification group that was far from a convincing win in the play-off against a stronger Poland team to even make it to Russia.

Looking at 2020 9 players will be over 30 and how many will be in shape to play in 2 years time?

Next up is the First ever European International league. For those like me who know nothing about this it is basically aimed at removing pointless friendlys. Here's how the next 2 years will work out roughly

View attachment 113467

As you see it is linked to Euro 2020 qualification

I'll try keep this short
Euro 2020 qualifying will have 10 groups, 5 groups with 5 teams and 5 with 6 teams with the Nations league final 4 teams guaranteed to be in the groups of 5. 2 qualify from each group.

Now this is the explanation for the playoff spots. Basically it looks like we'll play it by ear and worry about it if we dont finish top 2.

"Each Nations League division will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places. Four teams from each division which have not already qualified for the Euro finals will compete in the play-offs for each division, to be played in March 2020. The play-off berths will be first allocated to each pool winner, and if any of the pool winners have already qualified for the Euro finals, then to the next best ranked team of the division, etc. If in any division, there are fewer than four teams which have not already qualified for the Euro finals, the play-off berths will be allocated to the next best ranked team of the following division, etc.
The play-offs will consist of two "one-off" semi-finals (best-ranked team vs. fourth best-ranked team and second best-ranked team vs. third best-ranked team, played at home of higher-ranked teams) and one "one-off" final between the two semi-finals winners (venue drawn in advance). The four division winners will join the 20 teams which have already qualified for the Euro finals. This means at least one team from each Nations League division will qualify for the Euro finals"

Pre Season 2018/19

Last summer didnt go to plan then this summer so this year i spent much more time bidding for players and offering contracts than risking missing out on players. 8 Youth players are signed up. Some hard cash went to Motherwell for there best youth prospect and another Aussie star from the FFA center of excellence. Looks like we'll be playing a lot of youth players next term having reviewed the squad Garnager at 16 is almost as good as my other left backs and Klein, keeper Ali Msakni, Ross McCailey and Callum Dickinson have been receiving multiple bids off big English & European teams so they will get more playing time.

Coaching Boost
View attachment 113357
We got a huge boost in the coaching staff after improving our training facilities we now have 7 dedicated coaches so we can cover every angle of coaching add to that a improved 8 strong scouting team. 3 in Scotland , 1 in France, Spain, Holland, England and Croatia. I Would like to boost my presence in the east. No scouts in Scandinavia as thats my favorite spot so i do that myself.

Manager Changes
Michael Laudrup - SC Bastia
Marcelino - Roma
Manuel Pellegrini - Besiktas
Laurent Blanc - Sevilla
Paul Sheerin - Dunfermline
Ernesto Valverde - Spain
Luciano Spalletti - Italy

World Cup
View attachment 113356
The reason for most of these job changes is of course the world cup. The final 8 teams were all European's and the final 2 were England vs Germany in a penalty shoot out and in a reverse of all things natural England won. So we can say we beat the world champions on the road to Russia.

View attachment 113355
Ronaldo tied for the Golden boot but lost out due to playing more games. Chances are he wont get another shot as a 37 year old in the 2022 finals

Season Targets
SPL - Title challenge, over 75 points, less than 9 defeats
Scottish Cup - Win if were not in Europa league action
League Cup - Back up players till later stages
Champions League - Group phase
OR
Europa League - Last 32

Pre season friendly's
View attachment 113354
With lots of changes to the squad i needed a lot of warm up games to get the team used to our system. We beat Chelsea, Blackburn and Crystal Palace but lost to German side Red Bull.

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 113353
Celic are out a tad, were in a tad and Champions Rangers are only 6/1. They bookies likes the look of Hearts then its a big jump to Hibs the only team under 100/1 Falkirk, Inverness & Raith are favorites to go down. Raith especially dont look like there good enough for this level

A year like last year would be great just a few more points in the league and a bit less time in Europe. Thats how much im starting to WANT a league title.

Fixtures
View attachment 113352
Like last year it looks like the guys making the fixtures keep there west coast biased making us travel to Parkhead and Ibrox right after a European group phase game. Our other trip to the Old Firm is to Ibrox on the last day before the split

Champions League Qualifing draw
View attachment 113351
As a seeded team anyone but CSKA Moscow would be a winable game. Sorry SHOULD BE winnable

Transfers

My Spanish scouts maybe unearthed a gem in Juan Prieto from the Spanish 3rd division and for my hard work Alex Ronningen joins from Valerenga for £1.2m. Much more than the scouts as a hole were trusted with.

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 113350
So far this summer were almost at £10m in transfer profit, down to £9m with agent fee's and the like. Still a mega summer for us.

In

Ryan Christie AM £800k
View attachment 113349
Joined on loan last season. Didnt play much but proved to be a valuable back up which is what he will probably remain.

Alexander Ronningen AT
View attachment 113348
This was a major overspending situation on my part. Didnt really need him but with a goal a game in Norway as a 17 year old left me pushing the deal through with very little else going on, not much value for money elsewhere. Over the next two years we will pay over £1m for him so it will be interesting to see how current no1 Rooney, Klein who is ready for the first team and Ronning pushing for time all fit in together and who will be the first to gripe

Adrien Thomasson MC
View attachment 113347
Love this name for a Croatian international. Put in a solid season with Nantes in Ligue 2 last season but to me his stats are brilliant. He will be a quicker more attacking player than Poyet but with Poyet leaving Jack will take on the defensive dutys in the middle of the park.

Christopher Jullien DC
View attachment 113346
Basically a upgrade on Anthony O'Connor at the back. Will give up playing time to Dickson to aid his development.

Nicolas De Preville ML
View attachment 113345
It seems that Niall McGinn is in his 30's and i'm just waiting for a decent bid on him to see him move on, not that i really want to loose him but age is more than a number and his fee will be dropping like a stone after this summer. But this is about the future. A player who once commanded £4.3m. At 27 its time to man up and put in a shift for us. With no clear u20 player in the position he'll get his chances.

Jota AM
View attachment 113344
Linked with Rangers in the real world the Spanish player has never put together a great season despite his stats and with the depth we have in attacking midfield he wont get away with poor performances at Pittodrie. This move was done as Kenny McLean was getting offers from down south and i was set to loose him till he rejected Wolves twice.

7 Youth players join. Martin Neil from Motherwell cost £500k, Juan Prieto was almost £50k the rest were free.
View attachment 113336View attachment 113335View attachment 113334View attachment 113333View attachment 113332View attachment 113331View attachment 113330

Out
Huge Profit again but its pretty much all on Diego Poyet moving to Werder Bremen for his £5m buy out clause and former Hearts wing back Callum Paterson. Had no desire to sell but with more than double my money back in one season i couldnt say no. The rest was center midfielder Fede Vico. He wanted over £10k a week and that would be tough to justify for a starting player. £2m back from a free signing is good work for 2 years work. Huddersfield is his new home. Squad players Danny Rogers, Bogdan Mitrea, Danny Rodgers, Franck Ross, Robbie Mutch and Daniel Harvie move on for around £500k and we release 12 players on a free. I tried to sell Sandro but no cash offers came in and he left on a free while another old player Petar Zanev youth players Scott Wright (Killie) and Alen Brtan (Partick) are loaned on on the promise of first team football.

World Transfers
View attachment 113343
View attachment 113342
Stand out moves are France buying Italy with sending over £180m to Serie A teams for 3 players including a world record fee (£106) for Paulo Dybala. Scottish Left backs Tierney & Kingsly move for crazy fee's. Graeme Shinnie joined Bournemouth for £7m, Keiran Tierney moved to Man City for £13,75m. July seen The rest of Europe getting involved.

SPL Transfers
View attachment 113341
View attachment 113340
Celtic and Aberdeen make all the big deals.

Squad
View attachment 113339
Looks of regression on Rooney & McGinn now in the 30's and down to 3* we'll be looking to get a fee out of them in the next 12 months and push through there replacements.

Youth team
View attachment 113338
Far more depth than before. Can see at least 3 of these players breaking into the first team before long.

Starting 11
View attachment 113337
Only certain change right away is Thomasson coming in for the departed Poyet. Jullien, Jota, De Preville & Klein will all be getting there chances this season while Granger is going to get his chances as will Dickson & Ali Msakrni and probably others.

August

1st team is once again thumped by late window sales

Fixtures

Champions League Best placed 3rd round 1st leg
Club Brugge 0-3 Aberdeen
Klein 2
Frizzell
View attachment 113187
A tough and even first half with only a Matthias Klein goal splitting the teams. Aberdeen came alive in the 2nd half with Klein's 2nd and a late goal from Adam Frizzell should have the tie to bed before the 2nd leg

Champions League Best placed 3rd round 2nd leg
Aberdeen 4-2 Club Brugge
Agg Aberdeen 7-2 Club Brugge
View attachment 113186
Give the Belgians credit as they came out swinging and took the lead on the night through Gedoz. The game defying goal came in first half stoppage time through Lundemo before Jota seemed to settle the tie just before the hour. Brugge were not done though former Middlesborogh striker Jelle Vossen got them back in it again but soon after Frizzell and a o'g settle the tie

Ross County 1-4 Aberdeen
Jota 2
Klein 2
View attachment 113184
Adam Rooney must be wondering how he's going to get his place in the team back with Klein in this kind of form

Betfred Cup
Morton 0-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 113183
Run out for the back up players. Alex Ronningen got his first Aberdeen goal and Cammy Smith reminds me why he needs to stay involved in the squad

Aberdeen 4-0 Raith
Klein 3
McGinn
View attachment 113182
If there was any doubt before there's non now. We have our lead striker

Champions League Best play-off 3rd round 1st leg
Gelsenkirchen 2-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 113181
Not a disaster of a result. 16 year old wing back Alan Granger's goal gives us a shot in the 2nd leg and with our record at Pittodrie i'd rule out nothing yet. Actually i take that back im raging with this result. We battered Schalke before they scored there 2nd goal

Partick Thistle 2-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 113180
Where did this come from. Very worrying result that smells of the past 2 seasons all over again

Champions League Best play-off 3rd round 2nd leg
Aberdeen 0-1 Gelsenkirchen
View attachment 113179
This was a poor performance from us that cost us our first chance of being in a champions group.

Table
View attachment 113178
Nobodys perfect and nobody's lost all 3. I think European matches are effecting us and the old firm.

Europa League Draw
View attachment 113177
We've moved up to a 3rd seed team. That will give us a easy group right...... Ok so no Roma this time but 4 solid European teams that are all capable of beating us and no walk over games.

Transfer deadline day

World Transfers
View attachment 113175

SPL Transfers
View attachment 113176
We loose Two, Celtic buy two.

Aberdeen
View attachment 113174
Yet more first team stars are on there way from Pittodrie Hernani joined with injury issues and only played 25 of 50 games due to injurys so despite being a obvious starter i was not turning away a huge profit after one season. Jordan Archer was settle in my Scotland squad but was clinging onto the No1 jersey at Pittodrie with Ali Msakni at least as good as Archer just lacking the experience i would like. So premature or not he'll be getting the gloves as we bring in Mariano Barbosa on loan as a back up and nothing more.

Expect some free players to join the squad in the near future as the players rejecting me get desperate for work.