April

Fixtures
View attachment 24319
We had to go through the horror of a goalless draw with Kilmarnock on the tv to clear a run to the title for Celtic. Dropping more points at home to Inverness settled things and we'd be trying out players for next season s we ll as transfer listing players that we plan to move on. Even a win at St Johnstone couldnt stop that.

We had one glimmer of joy as we beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi finals. We almost got to play St Mirren in the final who were 2-0 ahead of Rangers till a red card led to Rangers coming back to win 3-2.
View attachment 24321

SPL Table
View attachment 24320
All the post split excitement will be over the bottom two spots.

May

Fixtures
View attachment 24254
Well thats a way to start the month. This was clearly due to them being in the middle of a Europa League semi final where they lost to Benfica. Our team mixed with kids, back up players, folk returning from injury managed 3 wins and a draw with St Mirren before we rested our best 11 for the cup final next week.

SPL Table
View attachment 24253

Hibs changed manager just before the season ends.
View attachment 24252

Scottish Cup Final 2021
View attachment 24207

Rangers vs Aberdeen
View attachment 1192812 View attachment 24206
We stopped Celtic from wining a treble. New we need to keep Rangers trophy less run going for another season.

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen
Aberdeen win 6-5 on penaltys
View attachment 24205
Former Don Ryan Jack forced sudden death missing penalty number 5 to win the game and Flanagan missed the vital kick setting up Allan Campbell to win the Scottish Cup meaning we have won all 3 major Scottish trophys in our first 3 seasons.

END OF SEASON 3

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Semi Finals
Europe - Europa Last 16

Annoyed we couldnt put in a challenge to Celtic for the title but they improved immeasurably as seen in there run to the Europa League semi finals left me glad to get out of the season with 1 trophy.

Final SPL Table
View attachment 24204
Celtic win the title with ease, we couldnt get close but were miles clear of Rangers and the rest with St Mirren & Motherwell get into the Europa League with St Mirren having an amazing 20 draws. Kilmarnock survived the play offs 6-5 and Livingston go down.

Squad
View attachment 24203
View attachment 24202
Ubeda is looking like a class act but will struggle to break through McKenna & Gomez who have built a solid team at the back. After them like in almost every position in the squad there is some top notch quality waiting to get into the team. Jovejic stood out as our best striker despite Inters Pinamonti being on the books.

I will be taking this time to have a break from FM19.
Its the least i've enjoyed a FM game for many years, Training is in the toilet and the way the brexit rules have landed has added to the pain. Not all bad news however i've decided to go back to my roots with the greatest game in the series ever. It might be almost 20 years old but they've never beat Champ Manager 01/02

Link
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm19...-champ-manager-01-02-revival.html#post3191236

Last edited:

Season 4 Preview
Were Back

SPFL Pre Season Prices
View attachment 22311
Defending Champions Celtic are favorites. How valuable will the two CB's in the league dream team. Rangers are just behind us while Hibs are given VERY generous odds.

Season Targets
SPL - Top 2, Title challenge
Champions League - Group Phase of CL or EL
Scottish Cup - Beat all non old firm teams
League Cup - Beat all non old firm teams

Friendly's
View attachment 22310
I always feel that the pre season games set the tone for how good our team is and big wins against Dortmund, Benfica and Anderlecht fills me with hope. 8 wins and only 1 defeat from our 10 games is bout s encouraging a pre season as we've had.

Transfers
View attachment 22309
Finishing 16 points behind Celtic left me with no choice but to make some big changes in the squad. Getting a better grasp on the new EU rules made it easier to buy and sell than last summer.

In

Alexandru Nedelea - Att
View attachment 22308
18 months earlier Celtic beat us to a top Romanian striker. Not this time! only 18 and he's already got 3 caps. Along with that he scored almost 8 for average rating. It came down to him or a Brazilian and for once i did not got South American. Lets see if it pays off.

Scott O'Neil - ML
View attachment 22307
One of the rare Scottish youngsters that i fell in love with. He scored a hattrick in his debut and with the lack of Scottish talent coming through it might become a sign of the times paying multi millions to get a UK based talent. I saved £850k by loaning him back to St Johnstone so they BETTER PLAY HIM!

Scott McTominay - MC
View attachment 22306
Former Man Utd midfielder has spent 3 seasons on loan at Pittodrie making over 120 appearances. Without too much coming through the u18s we'll at least cash in on him.

Kyle Walker-Peters - DR
View attachment 22305
During his season on loan at Celtic he kept above 7 and i expect in our system for the former Spurs winger to flourish.

Kids
View attachment 22304View attachment 22303View attachment 22302
3 other youngsters join. Hurtado will see some first team action.

Out
6 First team players are moved on. Top of the list was Sergi Gomez. I had not planned to move him on but getting a near £10m bid for good squad player is never getting turned down, Abbubaker Mobara lost out to new signing Kyle Walker Peters and again i was stunned to see a offer of over £7m arrive. The first player i actively tried to sell was Graeme Shinnie. Always a solid player but almost 30 years old nd having lost his place to Arana and Ochoa ready to back him up it was time for him to get his Premiership pay day. I needed to keep Andre Moreira for one more season but the offer of a return of 10 times more than i paid could not be missed and will give our keeper of the future Imanol Martin a start before he's ready. No pressure mate! The final leavers were Lewis Ferguson & Mikel Agu dropped to back ups and there rolls are moved to McTominay. Juan Lara has hardly developed in his time so i moved him on but im very worried PSG picked him up.

SPL Transfer
View attachment 22301
Celtic make the 3 biggest deals and again get stronger, Yikes with Aberdeen making the most moves. Quiet window for Rangers.

Aberdeen Starting x1
View attachment 22300
A few changes. The keeper we've talked about Ubeda will take Gomez's starting place, there almost identical players, Peters is a upgrade at DR. Sanz ad Campbell is my planned MC's but Morales and McTominay will get there chances. Ocampo, Morgan and Hernani will rotate. Abraham and Diaz will both get a chance to start up front with Joveljic out for 3 months with a hip injury.

August

Fixtures
View attachment 21721
Solid start in the league considering the amount of changes we needed to make with Champions League qualifiers. Celtic still look a class above beating us at todders.

SPL Table
View attachment 21720
Celtic lead the way. 5 games, 4 wins, 5 clean sheets. At least they cant have a perfect season. Starting to frustrate me that we just cant get on terms with them but at the same time its nice that were not walking over all the Scottish teams after 3 tears

Champions League

3rd qualifiers
Aberdeen 5-2 AZ
View attachment 21719
We salvaged a draw in Holland then thumped them at Pittodrie

Playoff
Aberdeen 4-6 Sporting
View attachment 21718
We won the first leg at Pittodrie with Sporting getting the same result in Lisbon but come extra time we were on our knee's. The Celtic game was in the middle of these and the extra half hour was too much for our defense so we miss out on £10s of millions and drop to the Europa League

Europa Group Draw
View attachment 21717
At least we were 1 seeds in the draw and we get a good draw on the face of it.

Transfers
View attachment 21716View attachment 21715
With the Sergi Gomez money burning a hole in my pocket i spent August trying to get value u21s in but in the end i spent over a hour of real time working on legitimately dozens of deals and only came through with 2 new players for the reserves.

SPL Transfers
View attachment 21714
Very quiet around the whole SPL

September

Fixtures
View attachment 21318
We did our best to summon our inner Celtic to win all 6 games with 4 clean sheets along the way. Best game was the Betfred cup tie with Rangers who had to play most of the game with 10 men.

SPL Table
View attachment 21317
We only played twice as the Rangers cup tie at the third time of asking was played on a weekend. We won both our games quite comfortably to stay on Celtic's tail. 8 games in and still yet to concede a goal. Inverness & Kilmarnock are yet to win at the bottom in a far less impressive stat.

Europa League
View attachment 21316
With a £500k bonus for a win we played our strongest team for both games. Really tempted to get some youths into the line ip especially for home games.

October

Fixtures
View attachment 20289
4 wins in a row keep us right on Celtics tail. delighted to win at Ibrox and putting 7 past Killie.

Betfred Cup
View attachment 20288
Inverness may be bottom of the league but even with a 2 man advantage for over half a hour they could not beat us. Cant say the same for Celtic who lost on penalties to St Mirren who we will play in the final!

Europa league
View attachment 20288
One game one win and 6 goals. Young Boys are the only side we need to worryabout from now on.

November

Scottish League Cup Final
St Mirren 0-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 20283
Both strikers grabbed a double each as we win our 2nd League cup. Can this be the start of a treble. Probably not!

Fixtures
View attachment 20282
Just two league games with lots of other activity's in November

SPL Table
View attachment 20281
So no change here. Ourselves and Celtic still only dropped points once.

Europa League
View attachment 20280
Qualification and top spot is secured. Now do we play a strong team for the £500k prize money or give the main boys a break?

December

We're only halfway through the season and we can break a club record before the new year.
View attachment 20279

Fixtures
View attachment 20278
8 League games including both of the old firm and our final Europa League game. I mixed up the line up for the last 3 games after scoring 3 plus four games in a row! All this was after the standard defeat to Celtic who show little signs of slowing up, Untill the drew at Hibernian with the last game of the month.

SPL Table
View attachment 20277
Which meaning if we can win our game in hand the gap will only be 2 points! Rangers are on there own in 3rd but 4th down in still wide open for the final top 6 spots. Probably except Raith, Inverness CT & Kilmarnock have relegation to worry about!

Europe
View attachment 20276
In the end i opted to play back ups and u19s and it cost us a win and £500k.

Last 32 Draw
Valencia vs Aberdeen
View attachment 20275
Like Celtic in the real world we get the joys of Valencia in February! Thank god the weather is good as the draw was not! Rangers join us in the last 32 but Celtic dont!

Just to show you what i'm up against Celtic make it to the last 32 of the Champions League! The finish ahead of Man City and Atletico!
View attachment 20274

January

Fixtures
View attachment 19700
We pick up where we left off in the SPL doing a great job to close the goal difference and points gap! Less fun in the Scottish cup where our reserves were forced to a replay buy amature's Queens Park.

SPL Table
View attachment 19699
We're now finally level on 25 games and the gap is only 2 points and for goal difference its only 3. All to play for a the second half of the season.

Transfer Window

The Biggest deal at Aberdeen was the one we never made!
View attachment 19698

McKenna would have destroyed all previous Aberdeen records but i cant sell my one starting homegrown player. I can only on Stewartie Milne doesnt get tempted

Aberdeen
View attachment 19697View attachment 19696

We bought two players for the u18s and sold sold Sergio Diaz for £4,6m. as he fell down the pecking order. Much less than i hoped to make when i signed him 18 months ago

SPL Transfers
View attachment 19695
Celtic dominate again. Making huge gains by selling Mbabu & McGregor before smashing the Scottish transfer record on Julian Draxler for ONLY £26.5m

February

Celtics grip on the league is over as we beat them twice at Pittodrie and get a draw at Parkhead in a very nice month

Fixtures
View attachment 18768
3 cup games to reach the quarter finals, almost the same team that couldnt win at Pittodrie put 8 past them at Hampden. That gave us the pleasure of a 5th round match with Celtic. We were lucky to get a draw at Parkhead after Celtic went down to 10 men but we outsmarted them at Pittodrie especially in the league where we not only put Celtic's first defeat of the season and gave us a 8 goal swing that puts us ahead in GD. Routine wins at Dundee & Raith between the European games helped us reach top spot.

SPL Table
View attachment 18766
For Celtic it got even worse as they amazingly lost to Raith Rovers and that second defeat of the season move us top with a game in hand and there is only 10 games to go. We also have a 7 goal lead but that could change overnight if Celtic feel like it. They are all but out of the champions league too loosing the first leg to Man Utd 4-0

Europa League last 32
Aberdeen 2-1 Valencia on agg
View attachment 18765
Lewis Morgan stunned the Mestella with the only goal in Spain. Valencia came back to Aberdeen and also took a first half lead to level the tie but Lewis Morgan once again poped up earning himself a new contract to go with his 2nd and the tie's decisive goal!

Last 16 Draw
View attachment 18764
Rangers got the tie non of us wantr. I'm chuffed to get CSKA one of the middle to weaker teams left in the competition.

March

Fixtures
View attachment 18726
We won all our games but were as unconvincing as possible at home to St Mirren & Hibs but we sneaked the 3 points in all 3 games as well as beating Dundee Utd in the Scottish cup Q/F

SPL Table
View attachment 18725
Celtic won there two league games but we won our game in hand to stretch our lead to 4 points. Celtic claw back some of the GD as we reach the crunch time for the season with Celtic going out of Europe and the Scottish cup this is all they have left to play for as we fight on 3 fronts!

Europa League last 16
Aberdeen 6-1 CSKA Moscow
View attachment 18724
It was 1-1 at Pittodrie for a long long time till a late rally had us 3-1 clear. We walked over them in Russia going 3-0 up in the first half. They clearly forgot we know plenty about -4 and snow in Aberdeen!

Q/F Draw
Aberdeen vs Hoffenheim
View attachment 18723
Probably the best draw we could have hoped to get but nothing is simple at this stage!

April

Fixtures
View attachment 18644
A big win at Ibrox shows why they are 30 points behind in the league! Kilmarnock are also beaten and we reach the Scottish Cup final

It was easier than the 4-2 score line would suggest as we were 4 goals clear after 31 minutes. St Mirren will be our dates for the final
View attachment 18643

SPL Table
View attachment 18642
We reach the split and we still have 4 point lead as Celtic and ourselves win both our April games. Rangers secure a Europa league spot in there lonely 3rd place.

Europa League Q/F
Aberdeen 4-2 Hoffenheim on Agg
View attachment 18641
I thought i'd blown it when somehow Martins GK ad Kyle Walker-Peters DR had somehow swapped rolls and after 10 minutes we were 2-0 down. It took the whole of the first leg to finally get back to 2-2 and needing to go to Germany and win effectively. We outplayed them and won easily in Germany to amazingly reach the Semi's

S/F Draw
Aberdeen vs Bayern
View attachment 18640
We'll be back in Germany once more for a historic old foe Bayern Munich. A team that has come to Pittodrie twice in 1983 & 2008 and only managing a draw and a defeat!

May Part 1

Fixtures
View attachment 18628
Our worst spell in the league this season. Started well with a huge win at St Mirren but we then hosted Rangers who we've had the beating of all season but just couldnt find a goal.

View attachment 18627

Then came the west coast biased you'll hear plenty about up here. Aberdeen on the day we could have won the league and had the lead in the match we were down to 10 men 5 minutes after taking the lead we held onto the lead till half time. Celtic still couldnt break us down so whats there to do? send off our other center back and we're down to 9 men with almost 40 minutes to go! We battled had and tried our best but the numbers eventually beat us and Celtic go on to beat us and make for a thrilling ending to the League season!

SPL Table
View attachment 18626
The gap is only one point! We have a 3 goal lead and thankfully there is no more European or cup games in our way meaning i can play a consistent side for the two games.

Europa League

Semi Finals 1st Leg
Aberdeen 1-0 Bayern
View attachment 18625
Another legendary night against the biggest German side at Pittodrie with Nedelea once again backing up his club record fee the past summer. The score was fair as we were slightly the better team.

Semi Finals 2nd Leg
Bayern 1-3 Aberdeen
Aberdeen 4-1 Bayern Agg
View attachment 18624
The Dons are in the Europa League final. 2/3rds of this game was on a knife edge until we won a penalty and Joveljic put us 3 goals clear with the away goal. Werner immediately had us level on the night and worry for the last 20 minute well not for long as Morales came off the bench to make an immediate impact. Abraham then put the cherry on the cake with a goal in the 91st minute was we caught Bayern on the counter again

Final
View attachment 18623
Ajax also caused a upset as they took Atletico to penaltys and won! Will be great to see a smaller nation Scotland or Holland now take the trophy.

End of League Season

Two game to go and we just need to beat Motherwell & Hibs as we have in all our other games this season

And if the language doesnt give it away then here it is in black & white

We blew it!

First a late equalizer at Pittodrie

View attachment 18621

Celtic even gave us a chance when with 10 minutes to go against Motherwell they pulled level and the match ended 1-1! We however were doing our very best to blow it against Hibs down a goal and a man, yes ANOTHER RED CARD and despite scoring a penalty in the 87th minute to get back into it a 5 minute rally failed to see us grab what would of been a 113th of the season and what would of been the league winning goal!

View attachment 18620

Final table
View attachment 18622

We dropped 9 points in our final 4 games. We dropped 6 in the previous 34! I've never seen a team of mine collapse on its **** in the final month of the season, Worst part being that Celtic gave us two shots to win the title including the last 10 minutes of the final day and we still came up short.

Europa League final 2022

Ajax vs Aberdeen

View attachment 18618
View attachment 18619

Are these teams best day behind or ahead of them? Feels like decades gone by to have these two sides in a European final.

Ajax 1-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 18617
What a comeback! British sides always do well in extra time it seems and Aberdeen were no different in Brussels tonight. In 90 minutes however our from has been abysmal since the Bayern tie and when Zhan Yuning from West Brom of all teams put the favorites ahead i thought we were screwed but no my plan to attack there left back slot, Daley Blind is class but is all ut attck for them and it showed when Nedelea slotted on Brian Ocampo to level it up. Ajax to be fair had the best of the next 80 minute but neither team caused a major scare and extra time awaited. I managed to save 3 or the 4 changes for extra time with penaltys in mind Nedelea turned goal scorer and i instantly paniced and made all my changes to hang on. As i made the changes Morgan hit them on the counter and we had a two goal cusion which was enough to bring home European silverware to Pittodrie for the first time in almost 40 years!

Scottish Cup Final 2002
View attachment 18615

Aberdeen 3-0 St Mirren
View attachment 18616
So we finish the season with the most unlikely of treble's. This was straight forward as you like. This was after the Europa leauge game not to mention our 66th game of the season so the guys were on there **** but pulled out a classy performance for there final game of the season. Unsung hero for the finals is back up keeper Jimenez who's only played 6 previous games all season but was thrusted in once Ima Martin went off to play for the Spanish u20s

END OF SEASON 4

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Europe - Winner

We did wonders to close the gap right down to Celtic. Reading last seasons review made me feel a bit better about throwing away a league title but signs of our progress domestically is clear by getting the points difference down to 1 and winning both domestic cups as well as beating this ridiculously good Celtic side twice at Pittodrie.

Final SPL Table
View attachment 17939
1 points and 1 goal. That and the ability to finish out a 38 game season. Were not resting on our laurels. The youth system is getting ripped apart as we can no hire much better coaches and with the side as good as this little change to the first team is planned, Unless money and Milne force my hand. After us Rangers are mile back in no mans land in 3rd and Hibs are in similar position in 4th. There is very little in next 4 teams with the bottom 4 cast adrift but Killie being the super unlucky ones finishing last on goal difference 5 goals behind Inverness who survive the playoff and will be in the top flight with Championship winner Livingston

Squad
View attachment 17938
View attachment 17937
The wing backs were the stars as they both stepped it up a notch. Brian Ocampo took over from Hernani and Nedelea gave us a second option up top with my own youngster failing to make much impact so far. Scott McKenna attracting the usual interest was our top center back. i need desperately to keep him for next year.

6 Teams will be in Europe from the SPL in 2023/24
View attachment 17936

Season 5
The Champions of the Europa's are back!

New Stadium
I've lost the image in the 1000s of messages in my inbox but but i can confirm we are going to build a new £30,000 seat stadium!

SPFL Pre Season Prices
View attachment 17539
Celtic are slight favorites as they should be with 6 of the dream eleven players, We have the other 5 but non from 5/1 shot Rangers. Hibs get a very generous 7/1.

Season Targets
SPL - Title challenge
Champions League - Knockout phase CL or EL
Scottish Cup - Beat all non old firm teams
League Cup - Beat all non old firm teams

The expectations in Europe go through the roof after taking home a Europa League title. Fighting Celtic is enough for the club but after last year we HAVE to win this title!

Friendly's
View attachment 17538
Another great summer of friendly's. The 5-5 draw with Liverpool looks like one the fans wont be forgetting in a while.

Transfers
View attachment 17522

In

Marcin Sobocinski - DR
View attachment 17537
With the unscheduled loss of Walker-Peters due to a clause i forgot about i was over the moon to find a upgrade at right back on paper. Will it work out on the pitch? if so we can add a £12m profit to the upgrade.

Ben Woodburn - Att LOAN
View attachment 17536
We had 16 fgn spots and needed to add a British player to fill out the 25 spots. so i loaned in Woodburn to be my 4th striker.

Kids
View attachment 17535View attachment 17534View attachment 17533View attachment 17532View attachment 17531View attachment 17530
6 kids come in this summer. I was really looking for about double that but Brexit has ruined buying in young kids. Even half decent English prospects will sting you over £10m!

Out
We had quite the clear out with 15 in total leaving Pittodrie for good so we'll just talk of the main ones.

At the top is Scott McKenna were jected £17m & £23m offers then Scott demanded the move. I said the unrealistic amount of £30m and here we are. Not bad for a Scottish center back in the last year of his contract. Obviously i planned to keep him here for his whole career but with the money on the table i could not risk loosing him next summer. Kyle Walker Peters was the only other player on this list i planned to keep for this season but i failed to notice he had a £15m clause in his contract and when Arsenal put in the offer there was nothing i could do. I put the rest on the transfer list. Scott McTominay was only 4th in line to start in the midfield and with a handful of u19s ready to step up i needed to get rid of one. Like Peters he signed for nothing last summer we could end up with £58m return for 3 players who cost us nothing.

Hernani was the first player along with McKenna i bought that made a huge contribution over many seasons. Well only 3 to be exact but from 123 games he was involved in 85 goals. However at the end of the month he'll be 31 and this was my last chance to make money off him.

Scott McKenna p168
View attachment 17529

Hernani P-123 G-45 ***-40

View attachment 17528
Any other player leaving failed to make any serious impact on the first team.

SPL Transfer
View attachment 17527
Wow it was really a selling summer for the SPL

Aberdeen Starting x1
View attachment 17526
View attachment 17525

The Rest
View attachment 17524
View attachment 17523

While were looking here is the youth players and those out on loan