Aberystwyth Town - European Giant

View attachment 342932

Our Youth recruitment has been improved again, it's now at an average level. That's two improvements in two season after no improvements were possible for the first 17 or 18 seasons...

Amazing stuff you've done with Welsh football mate. Brilliant little save you have going!!

Champions League Group E

View attachment 343244

Match Day 1 - Panathinaikos 0 - 5 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 343245

Kieran Pringle hattrick on Champions League debut!

Match Day 2 -
Aberystwyth Town 1 - 0 Bayern Munich

View attachment 343246

Match Day 3 -
Aberystwyth Town 0 - 0 PSG

View attachment 343247

Match Day 4 - PSG 0 -
1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 343248

Match Day 5 -
Aberystwyth Town 4 - 1 Panathinaikos

View attachment 343249

Match Day 6 -
Bayern Munich 3 - 0 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 343250

Welsh Teams In Europe:

TNS - 3rd in Europa League Group D

View attachment 343252View attachment 343253

Llanelli - 4th in Europa League Group H

View attachment 343255View attachment 343256

Next update will be of the January transfer window, not expecting it to be too busy but I've got one transfer lined up. Also, took the Ivory Coast job for the upcoming African Cup of Nations, they knocked me out at the quarter final stage of the last tournament when I was Morocco manager, so I'm hoping I can win my first International tournament!

January Transfer Update

View attachment 343267

In:

Miler -
Young Brazilian/Italian goalkeeper signed from Corinthians for an initial £1,500,000 with an extra £1,000,000 upon his first international cap. Hopefully he can develop well when he joins in the summer and eventually replace long serving Australian Alan Gannon as our number one!

View attachment 343268View attachment 343269

Next update will be our Champions League 1st Knockout Round vs Tottenham. They are currently only 8th in the Premier League so I'm hopeful of our chances, but they do have some good players and aren't to be underestimated...

African Cup Of Nations Final:

View attachment 343277

Ivory Coast 2
-0 DR Congo

View attachment 343278

The first international trophy has finally arrived as I have won the African Cup of Nations just a month after being appointed manager. However I do not feel like staying in the job until the next Cup of Nations in 2 years or the World Cup in 3 years so I have already got a new job...

South Korea Appoint Houghton

View attachment 343280

This is one international team I feel I may stick at for a while. We have an East Asian Championship in July, and then we will focus on trying to qualify for the 2034 World Cup. However, this could all change if a big national job becomes available in Europe of course... The main reason I want to manage Korea however, is due to the following player...

Kim Woong-Ki

View attachment 343281

This lad is an absolute beast and a player I just missed out on a few years back. He also tortured me in the Champions League last year. However, I'm really unsure as to how I should play him. He has the capability to make a great Complete Forward but could also make a brilliant attacking midfielder. I suppose I will wait and see where best he will fit in after I evaluate the squad more I suppose. How would anyone reading this story play him?

Other Key Players:

View attachment 343282View attachment 343283View attachment 343284View attachment 343285View attachment 343286

Ok, the next update will actually be the Champions League First Knockout Round against Tottenham...

Trequartista in the AM slot, from a brief look at him, not enough flair for an AP.

Champions League
1st Knockout Round

View attachment 343885

1st Leg - Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 343886

2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

View attachment 343887

So, for a second year running we put in a poor showing in the Champions League. Normally I wouldn't be too disappointed going out to a English team however Tottenham are nowhere near the level of Arsenal, Manchester City or Manchester United. An awful showing in the 1st leg saw us 3-0 down in the 1st leg, however we were given a glimmer of hope when Roy Watson converted an 86th minute penalty. We scored early in the second leg however they quickly equalized meaning we need to score twice more just to force extra time. We managed to get one of those goals through Phillip Schroter, however we couldn't get another and so we are heading for an early exit!

Next update will be an end of season review, it should also be an interesting summer as I have an Under 22's Asian Cup and an East Asian Championship to manage in!

'Aberystwyth Town announce plans for new stadium'

View attachment 344535

Yes! I have been pestering the board for a new stadium for years and they have finally given us one, and rightfully it is in my name! It will hold an initial capacity of 6,625 and I'm hoping it will be an all seater so we don't have to move around for European games any more. Obviously it is only a small improvement from the capacity of Park Avenue, however the slow increase in attendances even with our European success means that is probably a sensible decision as it isn't setting us back too far financially. Now I just have to wait two seasons to actually play a game inside my new stadium...

Aberystwyth Town - Season Review
2030 - 2031

View attachment 344538

Welsh Premier League - Winners (31 Wins, 1 Draw)

View attachment 344539

The only real shock here is the fact that neither TNS nor Llanelli qualified for Europe, this may have a poor effect on our league's performance in Europe next year, but we'll see.

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 344542

Welsh Premier League Cup - Winners

View attachment 344543

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

View attachment 344540View attachment 344541

Club/League Rankings:

View attachment 344546View attachment 344545View attachment 344544View attachment 344547

Best 11:

View attachment 344548View attachment 344549

Top Goalscorer - Roy Watson (42 Goals):

View attachment 344550View attachment 344551

Fan's Player of the Year - Joakim Frojd:

View attachment 344552View attachment 344553

A decent season overall, however to go out to Tottenham in the Champions League was a bit annoying. Next update will be a South Korea update of the East Asian Championships, I have just lead the under 22's side to winning the Asian cup so hopefully we can carry that form into the senior squad. The Under 22's Asian Cup win also means we have qualified for the Olympics next year, which gives me something else to look forward too, especially since I should have a far larger pool of talent to choose from with the K-League being loaded into the game as of December. Hopefully this may allow me to pick up a gem for Aberystwyth too!

East Asian Championship 2031

View attachment 344966

Match 1 - South Korea 2 - 1 Japan

View attachment 344967

A great start to the tournament for our boys. We took an early lead through a 6th minute opener from one of our center midfielders. The game was the wrapped up in the 81st minute when we went 2-0 up, they did pull back a late consolation goal however it was too little too late for Japan as we took the 3 points.

Man of the Match - Ha-Young Oh (1 Goal, 8.4 Match Rating)

View attachment 344968

Match 2 -
China PR 2 - 2 South Korea

View attachment 344969

On paper this is the easiest game of the tournament, however Real Madrid do seem to produce a stream of good Chinese players, so they do have a couple of star men. We took an early lead through Milwall striker Kim-Yong Chan however they looked as though they were going to pull off a shock as they went 2-1 up in the 86th minute. As soon as the ball hit the back of the net I moved to overload and shoved Asian player of the year Kim Woong-Ki up front. It proved to be a gamble worth taking as Woong-Ki headed an immediate equaliser, giving us a 2-2 draw. Australia have also taken 4 points from their first 2 games however have a superior goal difference, so we will have to beat them in the final game to lift the trophy...

Man of the Match - Wan Yibo (1 goal, 1 assist, 9.0 Match Rating)

View attachment 344970

Match 3 - Australia 0 -
3 South Korea

View attachment 344973

We certainly saved our best performance till last! A comprehensive 3-0 victory over the Aussies with 2 goals from Woong-Ki and one from Ha Young-Oh sees us run out East Asian Champions. We'll not dwell on this too much as I see it as the number 2 competition in Asia, and our immediate concern now turns to World Cup qualifying, some big friendly games and the Olympics...

Man of the Match - Kim Woong-Ki (2 goals, 1 assist, 9.4 match rating)

View attachment 344977

Final Standings:

View attachment 344978

Player of the Tournament - Kim Woong-Ki (3 Goals, 2 Assists, 8.23 Average rating)

View attachment 344980

I pinned a lot of hopes upon this guy when I first agreed to take over South Korea, and he hasn't disappointed so far. Hopefully he has another 7/8 years at the highest level. A good shout out also goes to NEC Nijmegen center half Ha Young-Oh who was a rock at the back throughout the tournament, securing an average rating of 8.20.

Next update will be a Aberystwyth Town Pre-Season review. Are people interested in these international updates? I'm only planning on doing them for Tournaments, not friendlies or qualifiers. Hopefully I will have a lot more players to choose from when the K-League loads up in December...

Aberystwyth Town - Season Preview
2031 - 2032

View attachment 345349

Transfers:

View attachment 345350

Not all my incoming transfers are here, it is missing another free transfer, a £8,500,000 transfer and a £2,200,000. The two free transfers are players who I plan to loan for a year and sell on afterwards for a profit. All of the paid transfers are young players with good potential...

Ins:

Dom Hignett - We once again raid Liverpool for a young Englishman with high potential. He's only 16 but seeing as though I paid £8,500,000 for him (Total transfer package, not all up front) and the fact our left back position has always been a trouble position for us, I am going to throw him straight into the first team squad as back up left back!

View attachment 345358View attachment 345359View attachment 345360

Serge Fontaine - A £2,200,000 signing from Standard, Serge is another young player with great potential. I am unsure as to whether he will ever surpass fellow Belgian Raphael Thomas or Paul Araujo as one of our first choice center mids, however he should become a key squad player and certainly give us a better quality in depth than we currently have. Will spend his first season in the under 19's.

View attachment 345365View attachment 345366View attachment 345367

Mathieu Le Meur - Another player with good potential! This young French winger joins from Lyon for a £4,000,000 transfer fee (once again a package deal rather than £4,000,000 up front). Hopefully he will push Schroter and Vigna for a first team role in the future, however will spend the season in the under 19's with Fontaine.

View attachment 345374View attachment 345375

Outs:

View attachment 345380View attachment 345378View attachment 345377View attachment 345381

Some real club icons have left here, especially Lewis Doyle on a free transfer! He holds the record for most league goals with 277 and most goals in one season with 50! He, along with the other three player here were key to us developing as a club so it is sad to see them leave, however it was time to free space for younger players to come through...

Welsh Transfer Window:

View attachment 345386

Champions League Group C:

View attachment 345387

I don't envisage too many problems here, Wien should be the wipping boys of the group and we have had great success against Lisbon in the past. It will be between us and Inter for top spot I think...

Next update will be a brief meet the squad, not like the ones I have done in the past but it will just be screenshots of our first 11 and backup 11 in order for you to see the development of some of our players...

Good to see that you're still doing well with Aber. Loving the addition of the International competitions as well.

This has actually inspired me to take on that Youth Academy challenge in the Blue Square North division. I usually start with the big teams, but reading about you and Aber made me want to manage in the lower leagues. So far I'm top of the division (thanks largely to the 17-year old attacking mid who my coaching staff say will be a leading Premier League midfielder!).

Just a quick question though; on Pg 21, you said that TNS got through the group stages. How did they do in the knockout round, do you know?

Good to see that you're still doing well with Aber. Loving the addition of the International competitions as well.

This has actually inspired me to take on that Youth Academy challenge in the Blue Square North division. I usually start with the big teams, but reading about you and Aber made me want to manage in the lower leagues. So far I'm top of the division (thanks largely to the 17-year old attacking mid who my coaching staff say will be a leading Premier League midfielder!).

Just a quick question though; on Pg 21, you said that TNS got through the group stages. How did they do in the knockout round, do you know?

Cheers pal! Any chance of a screenshot of that attacking midfielder?

TNS got beat 5-2 on aggregate in the first knockout round against Manchester City... It's a massive shame no other Welsh teams qualified for either European competition this year!

View attachment 345677

Champions League Group C

View attachment 345782

Match Day 1 - FK Austria Wien 0 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 345783

A solid start to our group stage away in Austria. A routine 3-0 victory in which Dom Hignett made his Champions League debut aged just 16. Nice to see both of my front 2 getting on the score sheet.

Match Day 2 -
Aberystwyth Town 0 - 0 Inter Milan

View attachment 345784

We follow our victory in Austria with a bore 0-0 draw at home to the Italian giants. We had the better of the game according to the stats but I can't really remember us creating many clear cut chances...

Match Day 3 -
Aberystwyth Town 5 - 1 Sporting Lisbon

View attachment 345785

This is more like it! Sporting Lisbon fans must hate Aberystwyth Town, we gave them an ounce of hope they might get something when our record sale Ruben Antonio Suazo pulled them back into the game at 2-1. However this only shot us into top gear as 3 in 13 minutes to run out 5-1 winners. Young Argentinian left winger Vigna grabbed a brace.

Match Day 4 -
Sporting Lisbon 0 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 345786

6 points from our games against Lisbon sees us safely qualify from the group with 2 games to go, with French ace Roy Watson bagging a 61st minute winner. I'll use the Wien game to give a few youngster Champions League experience...

Match Day 5 -
Aberystwyth Town 7 - 0 FK Austria Wien

View attachment 345789

A dominating result in which we gave starts to numerous youngsters, such as Cigrovski, Hignett and Fontaine, whilst Le Meur made his Champions League debut off the bench. Promising signs for the future it would seem..

Match Day 6 -
Inter Milan 1 - 4 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 345804

I really wanted to beat Inter in this last game to assert our dominance in the group, and that is what we got! Kieran Pringle came of age and bagged himself a hattrick in the San Siro, very similar to a certain Welsh winger from Spurs! So... how did that leave the group?

Final Standings:

View attachment 345805

A very strong performance in the group stage as we get 5 wins and 1 draw, scoring 20 goals in the process and only conceding 2. Is this a sign that we are on course for a very strong season in Europe or did we just have an easy group. Hopefully it is the prior but we'll see once we start up again in the knockout stages. I think the semi finals should be the minimum target this year after disappointing performances in the past 2 seasons...

Next update will be our Champions League 1st Knockout Round draw, will we manage to stay away from the big boys?

dont you think you is becoming 1 of the big boy after them results

Back