Asian Cup 2035

View attachment 359608

Group C:

View attachment 359609View attachment 359610View attachment 359611View attachment 359612

Pretty much as expected here as we qualified from the group with ease, however the draw with Lebanon was unacceptable even if we did play a complete back up side. Bahrain await in the quarter final...

Quarter Final - South Korea 5 - 0 Bahrain

View attachment 359613

Semi Final -
South Korea 3 - 0 Australia

View attachment 359614

Final - South Korea 2 - 0 Japan

View attachment 359615

A great second half performance from the boys sees us lift the Asian Cup against our big rivals Japan. We massively rode our luck in the first half however a couple of moments of quality meant we are Champions of Asia. With that being said...

View attachment 359616

I consider my time with Korea to be, by far, the most successful international venture of my career so far. We won the East Asian Championship twice and the Asian Cup once, whilst also making it to the World Cup quarter finals. I also led the nation to a record high of 4th in the world rankings... I will now probably wait for the Wales job to become available and try to use my facilities at Aberystwyth to improve the Wales national side, almost a club and country challenge. However, if I do this I will try my best to ensure it does not affect the development of the club as I want to be challenging in the latter stages of the Champions League every year!

Next update will be a very small January transfer window update, where one long serving player left for a relatively large fee and we agreed a couple of bosman transfers with the aim of selling the players on in a year or so for profit...

January Transfer Window

View attachment 359784

Ins:

Steffan Cleary - Free transfer coming in from Liverpool at the end of the season who I doubt will ever make an impact on our first team, however should be sold for a profit a couple of years down the line after a couple of loans...

View attachment 359785View attachment 359786View attachment 359787

Valentin Richard - Another free transfer coming in at the end of the season. The towering striker will be a brilliant addition to our under 19's side for a couple of years, and hopefully then be either challenging for a place in the 1st team squad or sold on for a good profit.

View attachment 359788View attachment 359789View attachment 359790

Out

Lubomir Koleno - £15,000,000 for a 29 year old in the Welsh League was too much to turn down. The Slovakian winger has provided great backup down the right wing for the past few seasons and was at the club for 11 years after signing on a free. Welsh youth academy prospect Howard Newman apparently has the potential to play at a similar level to Koleno, so hopefully he will develop quicker now that he will see more game time...

View attachment 359791View attachment 359792

Welsh Premier League Transfers:

View attachment 359794

Llanelli were the busiest team off the back of their Champions League run, strengthening their team with a few good players...

Next up will be our Champions League 1st Knockout Round against AC Milan, who we beat in the semi finals last year... One interesting note is that the team who has won the competition 3 times in the past 4 years, Arsenal, got beat in the 1st leg of their tie against Shakhtar 4-0! Knowing them they'll probably turn it around though...

Champions League
1st Knockout Round

View attachment 359904

1st Leg - AC Milan 2 - 5 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 359905

A great result in Milan in the 1st leg sees us all but through! We really pressed Milan high up the pitch and forced them into making errors which we pounced on!

Man of the Match - Paul Godoy (2 Goals, 9.0 Match Rating)

View attachment 359906

2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 3 - 4 AC Milan

View attachment 359907

We're safely through to the quarter final, despite this defeat at home. We were actually under a bit of pressure early on when they went 2-0 up but then they got a man sent off and we came back into the game... I'm not sure how to look at our performances here, we are scoring plenty but the amount we are conceding is worrying...

Man of the Match - Ingo Book (9.1 Match Rating)

View attachment 359908

Quarter and Semi Finals Draw

View attachment 359909View attachment 359910

Russians Zenit await for us in the quarters, who we should be able to beat if we perform well! The winners of our tie will play either Middlesbrough or Atletico Madrid...

Next update will be of our Champions League quarter final vs Zenit...

Champions League
Quarter Final

View attachment 359964

1st Leg - Zenit St Petersburg 2 - 2 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 359966

I was hoping for a win in the 1st leg but I'm not overly disappointed with the draw. We needed 2 penalties to get our goals but Kieran Pringle showed great composure to bury them both. This result puts us in a good position heading into the 1st ever European game at the Houghton Arena!

Man of the Match - Arthur Grigorenko (2 Goals, 8.8 Match Rating)

View attachment 359967

2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Zenit St Petersburg

View attachment 359971

Another brace from Kieran Pringle sees us flying through the quarter final and into the semi final! It was nice to see a packed out Houghton Arena in our first European game there. We have actually agreed another stadium expansion which will take to maximum attendance to around 11,500, which is nice to see. I'm not sure whether we will be able to fill it in domestic games though...

Man of the Match - Kieran Pringle (2 Goals, 8.8 Match Rating)

View attachment 359981

Next update will be our Champions League Semi Final against Middlesbrough who, although only in 11th place in the Prem, have a few great players and will provide a stern test. Franco Guirado is suspended for the 1st leg though...

Champions League
Semi Final

View attachment 360039

1st Leg - Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 360040

A fairly even game settled by a 65th minute Kieran Pringle goal, leaving the game pretty finely balanced for the second leg...

Man of the Match - Joakim Frojd (9.0 Match Rating)

View attachment 360041

2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 360043

Yes! Another very even game ended in a 0-0 draw which sees us heading to the Champions League Final for a second year running. It will once again be a battle of Britain, but this time we will be facing Chelsea who overcame Inter in the other semi. Only bad news is we will be missing Christensen through suspension and Fontaine through injury.

Man of the Match - Kazimir Cigrovski (8.6 Match Rating)

View attachment 360042

Next update will be our Champions League Final against Chelsea!

Champions League Final

View attachment 360059

Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 360060

vs

View attachment 360061

Chelsea FC

Preview:

View attachment 360062View attachment 360063View attachment 360064View attachment 360065

Pre-Match:

View attachment 360067View attachment 360068

The Match:

20 - GOAL - Omata puts Chelsea 1-0 up with a penalty conceded by Cigrovski.

45+2 - HALF TIME - Houghton decided to go 2 up top and throws on Roy Watson for ap Dafyyd

51 - GOAL - European Golden Boy Le Meur levels the game at 1-1, game is in the balance now...

59 - GOAL - Roy Watson repays his manager's faith and puts his side in front for the 1st time in the game, 2-1 Aberystwyth.

68 - GOAL - Roy Watson does it again. He pounces on a mistake by the Blues keeper and makes it 3-1 to Aberystwyth, they have 1 hand on the trophy.

70 - GOAL - Omata's second of the game brings Chelsea straight back into the game!

78 - GOAL - Guirado grabs a 4th for Aberystwyth and puts them 4-2 ahead on the night.

90+2 - FULL TIME - Aberystwyth Town win their 3rd Champions League!

View attachment 360078

Post Match:

View attachment 360076View attachment 360075View attachment 360074View attachment 360077

Next update will be an end of season review...

Wheeeey congrats on the Champions League mate. But what on earth were Middlesbrough doing in the semi's?!?!

Aberystwyth 3 times champions league winners, that is just insane! I've spent a few days catching up with this, well done :D

nice one well done im doing the argentinian premier league atm with all boys after getting my other team promoted :)

Wheeeey congrats on the Champions League mate. But what on earth were Middlesbrough doing in the semi's?!?!

Cheers mate, they have been a pretty big side in England for quite a few years, normally bouncing between the Champions League and the Europa League. What's even more strange is they actually fill their stadium on the game :p

Edit: Actually after checking through their 'landmarks' section it says they were taken over by a tycoon in January 2013 so that will explain why they are where they are...

View attachment 360171

Last edited:
Aberystwyth 3 times champions league winners, that is just insane! I've spent a few days catching up with this, well done :D

Thanks! Think I need a few new targets for this save now though, will post them up later...

Just read through all of this! Took me ages mate - well done though, great success! Just one question, how are Zenit and other Russian teams doing so far into the game? I read somewhere on an earlier patch that the Russian league has faults in the game and they start struggling. I was interested on doing a game in Russia but that put me off. Obviously Zenit are still in the Champions League but are there obvious faults in the game or do you think they've been patched out? Thanks a lot for any info mate! :)

Just read through all of this! Took me ages mate - well done though, great success! Just one question, how are Zenit and other Russian teams doing so far into the game? I read somewhere on an earlier patch that the Russian league has faults in the game and they start struggling. I was interested on doing a game in Russia but that put me off. Obviously Zenit are still in the Champions League but are there obvious faults in the game or do you think they've been patched out? Thanks a lot for any info mate! :)

Thanks mate! From a quick look I can't see any problems... Here are the coefficient rankings and competition rankings on the game ...

View attachment 360172View attachment 360173View attachment 360174

And here are the squads of a couple of the 'bigger' teams, however I don't have the Russian League loaded so any problems the league might have might not have showed for that reason...

View attachment 360175View attachment 360176View attachment 360177View attachment 360178

Thanks mate! From a quick look I can't see any problems... Here are the coefficient rankings and competition rankings on the game ...

View attachment 360172View attachment 360173View attachment 360174

And here are the squads of a couple of the 'bigger' teams, however I don't have the Russian League loaded so any problems the league might have might not have showed for that reason...

View attachment 360175View attachment 360176View attachment 360177View attachment 360178

Cheers for the help mate! Much appreciated - patches seem to have solved the problem. It was something to do with Russian regens weren't created properly and you need so many HG players in your starting 11. Thanks!

Aberystwyth Town
Season Review - 2034/2035

View attachment 360179

Welsh Premier League - Winners (31 Wins, 1 Loss)

View attachment 360181

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 360182

Welsh Premier League Cup - Winners

View attachment 360183

Champions League - Winners

View attachment 360184

Club and Competition Rankings:

View attachment 360190View attachment 360189View attachment 360188View attachment 360187View attachment 360186View attachment 360191

Best 11:

View attachment 360193

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 360194

Fans Player of they Year - Yacine Olle-Nicolle (37 appearances, 8.01 average rating):

View attachment 360195View attachment 360196

Top Goalscorer - Iwan Bell (35 Appearances, 42 Goals):

View attachment 360197View attachment 360198

Not a bad first season in and around the 1st team for the youth academy graduate. He will be a massive part of the Wales side if and when I get the job!

In my next update I will be setting some new targets for this save and where I want to take it from here...

Aberystwyth Town
New targets for this save:

View attachment 360691

1) Make Aberystwyth the most reputable club in the world.
2) Get to the top of the European Club coefficients.
3) Win a major championship (World Cup or Euros) with the Welsh national side.
4) Get my manager to the top of the hall of fame.
5) Become the team with the most Champions League's won (currently Real Madrid with 13)
6) Become the richest club in the world.

So these are the targets I can think of at the moment. Not sure how achievable the majority of them are or whether I will be able to stay motivated enough to the save to complete them but I will give it my best shot. Also willing to take suggestions as to other targets I can have for this save...

Also was considering following stonecold's example on his Aberdeen story and adding a new manager to try and gain the 'hero' steam challenges and maybe a couple of the other steam challenges which wont be possible with Aberystwyth... What do you's think?

So what do you think as to what I have asked here? Should I add any other challenges? How many of the current challenges do you think I can achieve? And... should I add another manager and try to obtain the steam 'hero' challenges for a side objective on this save???

How about make Newcastle second best club in the world? They should be in Blue Square by now in your safe.
But you fail if you get them on top :)

Aberystwyth Town
Season Preview:

View attachment 360865

Transfers:

View attachment 360866

Ins:

Adam Thomas and Rhys Jenkins - 2 Young Welsh Midfielder (Thomas is dual nationality) that I spent a combined £9,000,000 to bring into the club. I doubt either will ever be 1st choice but hopefully I will be able to develop them into midfielders who will get into the Welsh national side.

View attachment 360867View attachment 360868View attachment 360869View attachment 360870

Vincent Andre - French left winger with decent potential brought in on a free. May make it here as a backup left winger but more than likely will just be sold for a profit. Loaned to Llanelli this season.

View attachment 360872View attachment 360873

Thomas Capitano - Was surprised to see this lad released by Inter Milan in all honesty, he has a great goalscoring record for Italy under 21's and will spend a season on loan in Serie A before hopefully coming back to challenge for a place in the first team. If not, I think I will be able to make a lot of money on him...

View attachment 360875View attachment 360876

Outs:

View attachment 360877View attachment 360878

Neither player made an appearance for Aberystwyth but made the club around £7,000,000 including loan fees from previous seasons. This encourages me to try and repeat a similar process with other players as we get no meaningful money from our domestic competitions.

Welsh Teams in Europe:

Aberystwyth Town - Champions League Group D

View attachment 360880

TNS - Champions League Group F

View attachment 360882

Llanelli AFC -
Europa League Group C

View attachment 360883

A pretty straight forward group for us as I only imagine Bayern Munich giving us a hard game, Rubin might make for a hard away game but we should still beat them. TNS will more than likely be competing with Feyenoord for 3rd place in their group and a place in the Europa League knockouts. Llanelli were not bottom seeds of their Europa League group for a change and therefore should make it into at least 3rd place in the group but I don't see them getting any higher without a couple of shock results. What do you think?

European Super Cup

View attachment 360885

Aberystwyth Town 4 - 2 Tottenham(AET)

View attachment 360886

Another major trophy is won as we revenge our Super Cup loss against Spurs in 2025, with 2 Kieran Pringle goals in extra time proving vital! Next target is winning our second Club World Championship!

Next update will be a European Group Stage update for the 3 Welsh sides in Europe... In other news, Wales have qualified comfortably for the 2036 Euros and, in my opinion, are massively overperforming which means I probably aint getting the job any time soon. Also, there will probably be a bit more pressure on me to succeed when I do get the job...